Would Anyone Else Like to See Sting Come Back as the Original Stinger?

That's probably the most original idea I've seen in this thread so far. And it'd be a nice way of not doing the same things he's already done. Plus, I really liked heel Sting in 2010 when he dressed as himself in the crowd and nailed RVD with a steel chair high-five to the face :worship: That beatdown on RVD proved Sting can be an effective dark heel. Plus, the whole paint thing is a little on the cartoonish side anyway.

I got the idea with that style when I saw him the following Nitro on the PPV after his heel turn in 99 when he lost his title to Goldberg. He was mad at commish JJ Dillon and he came to the ring in black jeans, black t-shirt, pulled back black hair and shades. He looked so freakin badass. Let him pull a heel turn at BFG, like you said start hitting Hogan with a bat with no mercy. Hogan can't wrestle anyway, that would be short and sweet and you could have Abyss come saving Hogan. Then you have a match Abyss-Sting.

Following BFG, new battle lines are drawn, Sting could be the big heavy and Roode could enter a feud with him with Sting putting him over over a few months. (and Bully Ray could form a new group with Hogan being taken out)

I got the idea with that style when I saw him the following Nitro on the PPV after his heel turn in 99 when he lost his title to Goldberg. He was mad at commish JJ Dillon and he came to the ring in black jeans, black t-shirt, pulled back black hair and shades. He looked so freakin badass. Let him pull a heel turn at BFG, like you said start hitting Hogan with a bat with no mercy. Hogan can't wrestle anyway, that would be short and sweet and you could have Abyss come saving Hogan. Then you have a match Abyss-Sting.

Following BFG, new battle lines are drawn, Sting could be the big heavy and Roode could enter a feud with him with Sting putting him over over a few months. (and Bully Ray could form a new group with Hogan being taken out)

I was heavy into WCW back when Sting did that heel turn in 99. It was funny seeing him beatdown WCW people that he once allied with. I also liked his pre-crow work with uncertainty with his alliegance to either nWo or WCW being called into question. TNA needs a character to stand out like that again and I prefer Sting as a heel myself. Although since he's a born-again Christian, he'll probably be against that. I do like those ideas though.

I was heavy into WCW back when Sting did that heel turn in 99. It was funny seeing him beatdown WCW people that he once allied with. I also liked his pre-crow work with uncertainty with his alliegance to either nWo or WCW being called into question. TNA needs a character to stand out like that again and I prefer Sting as a heel myself. Although since he's a born-again Christian, he'll probably be against that. I do like those ideas though.

I would not have mind continuing him as a heel but Bischoff was fired and the idea was scrapped. It was interesting to see him and Luger two WCW homegrown saying "it's our time now" and confronting Flair saying to Ric that he ruled WCW for a long time and that he should understand what they are doing. Flair disagreed and was taken out. I think there was a good basis of truth behind Sting and Luger's actions and I think it had the potential to go somewhere interesting. I don't know who would have joined their crusade though: would it have been a old vs young thing, because Sting and Lex were not necesseraly young pup. Maybe it could have been WCW homegrowns vs the rest but then Flair was a homegrown guy too. I figure the Steiners would have been there(Ric turned heel in late 99 anyway, I think).

I would not have mind continuing him as a heel but Bischoff was fired and the idea was scrapped. It was interesting to see him and Luger two WCW homegrown saying "it's our time now" and confronting Flair saying to Ric that he ruled WCW for a long time and that he should understand what they are doing. Flair disagreed and was taken out. I think there was a good basis of truth behind Sting and Luger's actions and I think it had the potential to go somewhere interesting. I don't know who would have joined their crusade though: would it have been a old vs young thing, because Sting and Lex were not necesseraly young pup. Maybe it could have been WCW homegrowns vs the rest but then Flair was a homegrown guy too. I figure the Steiners would have been there(Ric turned heel in late 99 anyway, I think).

I actually remembered that entire storyline and was impressed with it at the time they did it. That was before the internet had influence over what was done and it was a good mix of storyline and reality. Did you ever notice how WCW had more of those shoot moments than WWF did? Which is why it was a shame that WCW Nitro went under. All of that history down the drain.

As for Sting & Luger's group, it could've been continued as the "New Blood" angle that Russo did. They could allied all of the old guys who wanted to hold on to their spots against the New Blood and made that storyline bigger than the nWo was. Which is almost impossible, but, it could've worked if done right. Especially the potential with Scott Steiner and Ric Flair having a personal blowoff match. Remember the Steiner shoots on Flair? Awesome. Doing that in a top storyline for the WCW title would've put asses in the seats and increased their ratings for sure. It sucked that Russo didn't think of something major like this and continued it into the next big thing in WCW. Something of that magnitude would've saved WCW and increased interest in it just enough to keep them from going under.

There are parallels between WCW in its latter days and current TNA. Alot of vets staying too long when they need to retire and let the next generation take over. I do want to see another reinvention of Sting to end his career on a high note and not end it with Joker Sting. Steve Borden's legacy should be Sting and not a bad ripoff of a popular movie. I'm skeptical of anything the current Impact Wrestling regime does lately and they will probably continue screwing up their potential big storylines and talents just like repeating WCW history. How sad.

The problem with doing the old guys vs new guys as it purtains to Sting and Luger was that Luger was one of the guys that were amongst mentioned as far as overpaid fat cats stars. But sure they could ovelapse that and say Luger like Sting were faces fighting for WCW against the nWo and it never got them anything. So they are stricking back. Their foot soldiers could be the up and comers young guys, saying it's the new generation taking things over. But since Flair was one of the guys that tried to run things before Hogan got there, he's seen by the other WCW guys as the enemy. So he would side with Hogan. But I could see Lex and Sting going to WCW guys and them turning them down so they become their enemy. What makes it better than New Blood vs Millionaire Club is that it makes it a WCW thing, it's a fight for WCW's soul.

Sting needs to take down his stupid Joker character right at BFG. Come in as a dark Sting that wants to beat Hogan to a bloody pulp. I even think he should come in with no makeup, all dark colors.

...but why does he want to beat Hogan to a pulp? Not once have I heard him say he hates Hogan but I have heard him say he wants the old Hogan back. He's been antagonizing Hogan so that the old Hulkster will come out and not the corporate douchey Hogan he is at the moment. It would make no sense for Sting, after months of playing the Joker gimmick, to abandon it all at the very last to "beat Hogan to a bloody pulp" when he just wants him to 'wake up'.

I for one have enjoyed the Joker gimmick as it's purpose has been to unsettle the ruling Immortal powers and try to facilitate change. It hasn't been a complete home-run success, but it's showed Sting's ability to reinvent himself even at this late stage in the game which speaks a lot about his commitment to the company.

To be perfectly honest I would like to see sting come back as anything other than what he is doing now. I think this whole joker typer character is he doing now is in a way hurting his legacy. People can disagree with me if you want but, I don't see how he didn't want to go to the WWE because they wouldn't use him properly, however TNA turns him into a cartoonish, crazy character that frankly is embarrassing to watch.

I'd like to see Sting do something more serious to end his career on a high note. The whole Joker thing was meant to be funny while entertaining us while this Sting was getting to Immortal. I get that. Sting is a serious competitor, though and should do anything to remain that way.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sting do a Taker-like invention where he becomes more like himself and dresses like a biker. They could even call him Steve Borden[maybe adding a nickname besides Sting with it]. He could do that whether heel or face and still effectively add to the shows and it would halt the Joker thing.

...but why does he want to beat Hogan to a pulp? Not once have I heard him say he hates Hogan but I have heard him say he wants the old Hogan back. He's been antagonizing Hogan so that the old Hulkster will come out and not the corporate douchey Hogan he is at the moment. It would make no sense for Sting, after months of playing the Joker gimmick, to abandon it all at the very last to "beat Hogan to a bloody pulp" when he just wants him to 'wake up'.

I for one have enjoyed the Joker gimmick as it's purpose has been to unsettle the ruling Immortal powers and try to facilitate change. It hasn't been a complete home-run success, but it's showed Sting's ability to reinvent himself even at this late stage in the game which speaks a lot about his commitment to the company.

This storyline has flaws to begin with. If doing the Joker gimmick was to annoy Immortal and make Hogan change and turn face, it has not worked. All he has done is get a match against him at BFG. How is this supposed to change Hulk? It would make sense if the plan after all this was for Sting to finaly get his hands on Hulk and beat him for what he has done. And this would be better accomplished with a badass serious Sting. And storyline-wise it would be pretty interesting, to have Sting walk in at BFG with no makeup, dressed in black. Meaning this time it's serious. No more fooling around, he means to take the company back for Dixie.

I feel Sting will return to normal after the BFG match.

His Joker persona is another chapter in the history of such a great prowrestler. Look at Stone Cold. He was hugging Vince, singing koom-by-ya and being jeapous of Angle. Did that hurt his legacy?

Sting has been doing some movies and I'm sure he's enjoying playing a different side of the same character he has been playing for 30 years. As a performer he is enjoying himself and it shows on screen. Go Sting. I've enjoyed it thus far.

Sting should go back to his Crow gimmick. That was his best character and it lasted for so long because it worked well for him. Classic Sting might have fit well back in the day, but given his age I doubt it would fit him anymore. How do we even know it would get over with today's fans? Most of them likely don't even remember that version of Sting. His joker character is pretty weird but I would rather see that continue instead of classic Sting comng back. I say have him return to the Crow gimmick after Bound For Glory.

This storyline has flaws to begin with. If doing the Joker gimmick was to annoy Immortal and make Hogan change and turn face, it has not worked. All he has done is get a match against him at BFG. How is this supposed to change Hulk?

That's the selling point of their match at BFG outside of the nostalgia factor. Let's not forget what the purpose of The Joker is either, it is to disrupt the status quo of the ruling powers and cause anarchy so that in the end the ruling powers collapse. That's what I've been seeing him do.

It would make sense if the plan after all this was for Sting to finaly get his hands on Hulk and beat him for what he has done. And this would be better accomplished with a badass serious Sting. And storyline-wise it would be pretty interesting, to have Sting walk in at BFG with no makeup, dressed in black. Meaning this time it's serious. No more fooling around, he means to take the company back for Dixie.

Sting HAS had opportunities to beat up Hogan though and has instead concentrated on unsettling him psychologically; painting his face in the office, shoving pills down his throat and coming out on Impact 're-living' the beatdown Hogan had given him the week before. With weeks to go before BFG, Hogan is now desperate to get out of the match, so Stings tactics seem to have worked. What will happen at BFG? Not sure, but that's the draw of the show, to see what will happen between these 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back