• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Woo Woo Woo, You Know It," Says Curt Hawkins

#hamler

That's all folks.
First of all, how fucking awesome is that title? I knew you'd click right away...

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins first came to the WWE as The Major Brothers. They were a fine tag team but never really clicked. Pretty soon, Zack Ryder changed his gimmick and over the course of a few years, he's gone from the under-card to a potential contender to the United States Championship. All the while Curt Hawkins is the epitome of irrelevant. So I was posting in an earlier thread, and I thought of a way Zack Ryder could put Curt Hawkins over without hurting his spot on the card; simply by teaming up.

When I think of Superstars that need a gimmick, I mainly think of someone who I love watching on the under-card. Someone who has potential to be someone relevant in the WWE; that Superstar is Curt Hawkins. There is so much the WWE could be doing with this guy but there's no doubt he needs the right gimmick to get and stay over. You don't have to look far when searching for the right gimmick for Hawkins, as his former tag team partner is doing just fine for himself with an outlandish gimmick that's somehow working. Zack Ryder went out of his way to get himself over using the power of Youtube and social media. Why couldn't Curt Hawkins spike his hair, turn face and dub himself as the [insert hometown city name] Iced C (for Curt)? Pair these two back up and get Hawkins out of the undercard hell he's been in for years.

Why couldn't Hawkins use Ryder's gimmick to get over? Zack Ryder wouldn't necessarily have to delay his push as both Swagger and Ziggler are currently being pushed as the next tag title holders. Let's say Ziggler and Swagger win the tag titles. Let Ryder continue his program with Ziggler over the US Title, and the same time, with Hawkins, feud for the tag titles with Swaggler.

I don't know exactly where I'm going with this but imagine what Hawkins and Ryder could do with Zack's current gimmick. Imagine the backstage skits they'd do. And what would be better for Ryder's Youtube shows than two guys with a Ryder-esque gimmick? The new Miz/Morrison?? - I think so...

Would you like to see these two team back up using the exact same gimmick Ryder is using now?

Where could you see this going if they team up?

Am I the only one who thinks this idea would do wonders for the WWE Tag Team Division as well as both of their careers?

Your overall thoughts on the matter?

Discuss.

Curt Hawkins needs to go back to that party starter gimmick with the trunk and ditch the pants and current tag team partner.
Months back when Ryder and Hawkins teamed back up I thought they were gonna go somewhere... maybe a run for the tag champions. But alas WWE gave them one match and cut them.
Hawkins and Ryder need to team back up, each with their own persona and go for the gold.
OR
Give Hawkins the Rated R superstar gimmick to get him on track.

I say since Zack is feuding with Ziggler, Swagger and whomever else WWE decides to out into that match that night they should let Zack "choose" his partners and have them be Curt Hawkins and Trent Baretta since all 3 of them are best friends anyways and know how to work together, with Zack being the frontliner of the push, Curt and Trent might get a bit of a rub, especially working with 2 former world champions (not much of a rub, but a rub nonetheless) kills 2 birds with one stone, plus Evan Bourne now being suspended, itd just be weird to have it be Kofi, Mason, and Zack against them I say let Mason do his thing, Kofi start a new feud, and let the 3 of these guys step up

I honestly think that as a face with Zach, maybe as back-up against Vickie's stable, the Dude Busters could work considering the want to push the tag team division. With a genuine push though, and not just 2 matches two months apart on Smackdown.

I feel that this idea could be another block to rebuilding the tag team division that the WWE lacks. With Bourne's suspension for 30 days.. This leads the idea of a unified Raw and Smackdown astray. Let's say Kofi picks a teammate against "awesome truth" and drops the title. The following week, Ryder wrestles against Truth or the Miz (for whatever reason... It's WWE.) The duo of the Awesome Truth screw Ryder out of a win. He gets on the mic after and cuts a promo about being screwed out of the match and how being in the WWE has taken him away from his roots. This leads to him challenging Awesome Truth to a tag team match with his mystery partner, (really, to cover a couple of ideas this could be either Mason Ryan or Hawkins.) They beat Awesome Truth and then beat them again the next week. This leads to a PPV title shot at the end of the 2011 year. Ryder and his partner wins, (mainly so the build up for SummerSlam 2012 can begin.) I know this Air Boom out of it, but with the 30 day suspension of Bourne, they can wait, I suppose.

I'm not a huge Zack Ryder fan, and I've defended that on multiple occasions. Regardless I still cheer for the guy because I want him, as a young talent, to go over! Curt Hawkins is very much irrelevant, but I loved the two of them together. I can get on board with a Ryder/Hawkins 2.0 tag team, where they run with the Long Island gimmick together. At least that way I can justify their place as a tag team, rather than two under-valued talents that don't get enough face time. Why the hell not!?!

I don't think this would work. "Long Island Iced Z" sounds good because it's a play on words. (Long Island Iced Tea) But if your gonna give someone a stolen gimmick, why not make Curt Hawkins The Game? Or make him another Deadman! If your gonna steal a gimmick, take one that's already proven to work!

That being said, I don't think Curt Hawkins is going anywhere but released. Might not be tomorrow, but his run in the WWE over the last few years has been forgetable, easily.

I don't think this would work. "Long Island Iced Z" sounds good because it's a play on words. (Long Island Iced Tea) But if your gonna give someone a stolen gimmick, why not make Curt Hawkins The Game? Or make him another Deadman! If your gonna steal a gimmick, take one that's already proven to work!

I never really said steal Ryder's gimmick. But how bad would it be to have a tag team with Ryder's current gimmick? Pair these two back up, and there's a strong chance that both of them could very well flourish in the WWE. I realize Hawkins isn't going anywhere in the WWE but like I said it would bring little harm to Ryder's current direction and push. Start putting him on the Youtube shows, start putting him on the backstage skits; you're killing two birds with one stone by having a new fresh face tag team with tons of charisma, and making someone on the undercard relevant again. Hawkins couldn't steal Triple H's or Undertaker's gimmick and be sucessful. There's no doubt that their character are once in a life time gimmicks that for some strange reason worked. Ryder is super over with the crowd, why could'nt he share some of that glory? Hawkins isn't exactly stealing anyones gimmick, just multiplying the Ryder gimmick by two.

i kind of a agree as WwE is looking to push tag teams so i like the idea of teaming him with Ryder

but he should not steal Ryders gimmick, i like him going Rated R but wwe is pg and if goes RatedR than i want Edge to manage them.make use of Edge ,wwe needs managers Edge is the man for that.

but i also think if WwE want to put random guys into a tag team then they should not make a tag team who both have thing going e.g cody and wade ,they should make random teams with those who are not used

Zack can make Morrison relevant by teaming up with him.
Ted debiase and Joe henning or Mcintyre or Tyson Kid
Trent Barreta and yoshi
Hawkins and heath slater or tyler Reks
gabriel and alex riley
Mason Ryan and skip shefield or santino lolz
Jtg and Morrison or truth when he done with his angle
Santino and jhonny curtis

make the relevant either in singles or as tagteam
we need new faces new feuds not same crap every week by giving same matches every paperview specially every week its just a repeated match.Plus make veterans relevant by making them managers Make william regal manager of DBryan or wade barret

Here is a neat way to get Hawkins over;

Why don't they give him a gimmick where he runs around saying "I am the Jannetty of the team." Just have him job and have a less successful career then Ryder, until Ryder wins the United States title. Then after Ryder wins the title have him cut a face promo saying it was a long road to get their and so on. Have Hawkins come out, fed up with being the "Jannetty" and challenge Ryder with the gimmick of a Serious / Competitive/ Jealous Heel. I think its a great idea to start a feud between the two, they can be the next Edge and Chrishtian since they have a history prior to being signed by the WWE. This feud can go a really long way and has "major" potential (had to put that in their lol).

Reason why not is pretty simple...... Curt Hawkins does not possess the same amount of Charisma that Zack Ryder has. It be pretty easy to say to Curt "Hey, Zack Ryder is doing great shoutting Woo Woo Woo and being overly excited. Why don't you try it" but that doesn't mean it would necessarily work. If so... then WWE would've found gimmicks for guys like McIntyre, Masters, Yoshi, and so many other released or soon to be released WWE stars. Coming up with a unique gimmick that gets you over with the fans, as well as suits your personality is not very easy. That's why there are so few Rocks, Austins, Cenas, and so many McIntyres, Masters, Morrisons.

What Zack has done is defied WWE's expectations of him be getting extremely over with the fans. It wasn't easy for him. He just went out of his to self-promote himself and after 6 or so months he's now starting to reap the benefits, but it's not that WWE gave him this gimmick and told him to promote himself. Good gimmicks are eseentially exaggerated versions of one self and if you have good Charisma you can project that out well to the audience. Zack is outgoing, excitable, and knows exactly what he's trying to do, whether it's on his web show or in the ring.

Hawkins I felt has never possessed that Charisma. When he's in the ring, he comes off to me as boring. He doesn't posses the expressions and the attitudes that fit Ryder so well. When he speaks, he doesn't have the kind of confidence Ryder has in his charcater and if he were to play Ryder, he would absolutly be forcing his lines out. Hawkins either needs to come up with a gimmick of his own that works for him... or he will be released by next years Wrestlemania.

What could WWE do with him to try and help get him over... I'm not sure. A feud with him and Ryder would be pointless as it would be holding back Ryder. Except for the IWC or hardcore fan who pays attention, I doubt most of the audience even remembers that him and Ryder teamed up, as they were a fairly boring team that had really nothing individual or unique about them. They were like two Curt Hawkins and then Zack broke away and differentiated himself from Hawkins. Hawkins continued to play the same boring long haired wrestler he's been. Maybe have him play a bitter jealous card and hopefully he impresses in the ring and gets a reaction. That's about all I got for Mr. Curt Hawkins. Woo Woo Woo! You Know It! (that he will be future endeavoured)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Curt Hawkins is better (in almost every way) than Zack Ryder.

I used to really like Ryder in WWECW, he was quite entertaining. Now, though, with all his youtube videos and all this hype behind him, I've really grown to dislike him. First of all, his youtube videos aren't funny. There's the odd laugh here and there but, all in all, they're pretty dull. His in-ring skills are average, nothing special about him. His mic-skills? I really can't see why people think he's any good on the mic. He'd serve well as a backstage correspondant or something along those lines, but, his promos are dull as fuck. What he has done, however, is get himself over, something Curt has never been able to do. I applaud this.
On the flipside, Curt is a great in-ring worker, much better than Zack. He can talk and his tag-team with Tyler Reks looks and works great. Somehow, he can't get over and get on the main shows. This is the problem with many superstars now. Superstars like Tyson Kidd, Trent Baretta, William Regal and Ted Dibiase all have the shot to become great mid-carders and leave a lasting impression in the WWE. Instead, the WWE rather has superstars like Heath Slater, Zeke, Brodus Clay and Jinder bloody Mahal wrestling ever week. It's ludicrous, in my opinion, but I can see how these Superstars don't appeal to the masses. It's a shame for the lower-card workers, but the future endeavored phone call is probably coming their way soon.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Curt Hawkins is better (in almost every way) than Zack Ryder.

No. No. No. No. Uhhh... No, he's not.

I used to really like Ryder in WWECW, he was quite entertaining. Now, though, with all his youtube videos and all this hype behind him, I've really grown to dislike him. First of all, his youtube videos aren't funny. There's the odd laugh here and there but, all in all, they're pretty dull. His in-ring skills are average, nothing special about him. His mic-skills? I really can't see why people think he's any good on the mic. He'd serve well as a backstage correspondant or something along those lines, but, his promos are dull as fuck. What he has done, however, is get himself over, something Curt has never been able to do. I applaud this.
On the flipside, Curt is a great in-ring worker, much better than Zack. He can talk and his tag-team with Tyler Reks looks and works great. Somehow, he can't get over and get on the main shows. This is the problem with many superstars now. Superstars like Tyson Kidd, Trent Baretta, William Regal and Ted Dibiase all have the shot to become great mid-carders and leave a lasting impression in the WWE. Instead, the WWE rather has superstars like Heath Slater, Zeke, Brodus Clay and Jinder bloody Mahal wrestling ever week. It's ludicrous, in my opinion, but I can see how these Superstars don't appeal to the masses. It's a shame for the lower-card workers, but the future endeavored phone call is probably coming their way soon.

You wanna know why he can't get over? He sucks. As good as he may be in the ring, he has no connection with the crowd. He can do all the crazy wrestling maneuvers he wants, but he just doesn't get how to properly work a match and get me interested in it. I've seen what he does, there's no reason he should be anywhere other than where he is right now. You mention guys like Slater, Zeke, Brodus and whatnot, but you neglect to mention that they're all better than Curt is. Curt had his chance, but he never did much with it. Same goes for Ted DiBiase and don't get me started on William Regal, he blew it for himself.

There should be no comparison between Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins. No matter how much you dislike him, Zack has gone above and beyond what his former partner has ever done. You call Zack's promos dull, yet he has an arena full of people chant along with him. Gee, how does that one work? Let's be real here though -- for as dumb as you think his Youtube videos are, they've gotten millions of views and the support garnered from them has pushed him where he is. He had some initiative and grabbed what he wanted by the balls, I can't say the same for Curt fucking Hawkins. What's more, Curt Hawkins actually tried to run his own Youtube show, but that certainly didn't work out. But by your logic, he's still better than Zack Ryder, people just are seeing it, right?

Let's break it down, nice and simple: WWE pushes who they think will be a success. If they see something in Curt Hawkins, they'll push him, but that just isn't happening. I don't care if he can do a twisting flipping leg hook belly to back suplex, a twisting delayed scoop slam, or whatever in the ring, he's just not that good. You can be the best mat technician or technical wrestler around, but if you can't connect with the crowd then you have nothing.

So, to answer Hamler's question too -- I don't think it would work for Hawkins. I mean, he's already tried with the videos and when's the last time this type of a deal (somewhat copying a gimmick) has worked? Curt Hawkins doesn't have the tools to be a success.

No. No. No. No. Uhhh... No, he's not.

You wanna know why he can't get over? He sucks. As good as he may be in the ring, he has no connection with the crowd. He can do all the crazy wrestling maneuvers he wants, but he just doesn't get how to properly work a match and get me interested in it. I've seen what he does, there's no reason he should be anywhere other than where he is right now. You mention guys like Slater, Zeke, Brodus and whatnot, but you neglect to mention that they're all better than Curt is. Curt had his chance, but he never did much with it. Same goes for Ted DiBiase and don't get me started on William Regal, he blew it for himself.

There should be no comparison between Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins. No matter how much you dislike him, Zack has gone above and beyond what his former partner has ever done. You call Zack's promos dull, yet he has an arena full of people chant along with him. Gee, how does that one work? Let's be real here though -- for as dumb as you think his Youtube videos are, they've gotten millions of views and the support garnered from them has pushed him where he is. He had some initiative and grabbed what he wanted by the balls, I can't say the same for Curt fucking Hawkins. What's more, Curt Hawkins actually tried to run his own Youtube show, but that certainly didn't work out. But by your logic, he's still better than Zack Ryder, people just are seeing it, right?

Let's break it down, nice and simple: WWE pushes who they think will be a success. If they see something in Curt Hawkins, they'll push him, but that just isn't happening. I don't care if he can do a twisting flipping leg hook belly to back suplex, a twisting delayed scoop slam, or whatever in the ring, he's just not that good. You can be the best mat technician or technical wrestler around, but if you can't connect with the crowd then you have nothing.

So, to answer Hamler's question too -- I don't think it would work for Hawkins. I mean, he's already tried with the videos and when's the last time this type of a deal (somewhat copying a gimmick) has worked? Curt Hawkins doesn't have the tools to be a success.

See, the thing is I agree with you. It's just my fucked up way of thinking about things and writing them.

In the WWE, Zack Ryder, is always going to be better than Curt, easy. But, when it comes down to the art of wrestling, Curt's abilities shit all over Ryder's. I commend Ryder for getting over, I really do. I think it's great that he made stuff happen for him and he built a cult following. It's awesome to hear, as no-one has ever done it and achieved it.

I never knew he had his own youtube show, like at all. And, Curt having his shot? I'm sorry, Crock, but he's never really had a push. He's always been an afterthought. I agree though with Regal and Dibiase blowing their shots, but in my perfect World they're ahead of Brodus and Zeke, but I know they shouldn't be in everyone else's. It's just the way I like my wrestling, all substance, just a little flash.

See, the thing is I agree with you. It's just my fucked up way of thinking about things and writing them.

In the WWE, Zack Ryder, is always going to be better than Curt, easy. But, when it comes down to the art of wrestling, Curt's abilities shit all over Ryder's. I commend Ryder for getting over, I really do. I think it's great that he made stuff happen for him and he built a cult following. It's awesome to hear, as no-one has ever done it and achieved it.

It doesn't matter how good he is in the ring, he's not a better professional wrestler. There's far more that goes into it, man. You have to have crowd connection, you have to understand where and when to insert a move into a match, and so much more. Curt doesn't have that, but Zack does.

[QUOTE}I never knew he had his own youtube show, like at all. And, Curt having his shot? I'm sorry, Crock, but he's never really had a push. He's always been an afterthought. I agree though with Regal and Dibiase blowing their shots, but in my perfect World they're ahead of Brodus and Zeke, but I know they shouldn't be in everyone else's. It's just the way I like my wrestling, all substance, just a little flash.[/QUOTE]

He had the same chance Ryder had, both were Edgeheads. In that time, Zack apparently made more of it, because he started grooming the gimmick he uses now. Hawkins voluntarily went back down to FCW. He had his chance, he just wasn't good enough at that time, then again, it took Ryder some time too. I understand where you're coming from, but wrestling isn't looked at from your perfect world.

It doesn't matter how good he is in the ring, he's not a better professional wrestler. There's far more that goes into it, man. You have to have crowd connection, you have to understand where and when to insert a move into a match, and so much more. Curt doesn't have that, but Zack does.

Yeah, I, of course, understand this. But, when you see superstars (Zeke, Slater, etc) that have half the wrestling ability Curt has, wrestle on a weekly basis even though, they couldn't connect with the crowd even if they murdered Vince McMahon live on TV, you think why not Curt? Why not Trent? Why not Drew?

Yeah, I, of course, understand this. But, when you see superstars (Zeke, Slater, etc) that have half the wrestling ability Curt has, wrestle on a weekly basis even though, they couldn't connect with the crowd even if they murdered Vince McMahon live on TV, you think why not Curt? Why not Trent? Why not Drew?

DREW?! :lmao:

All those guys you mentioned have some quality, something that makes them valuable -- Zeke's body, Slater's fairly energetic/exciting, etc. Curt doesn't have that. He's a run-of-the-mill professional wrestler. Sure, some guys might slip through the cracks, but that doesn't mean they all should. You want Curt to be on TV, I get it, but he doesn't deserve it.

That's the difference between he and Ryder. The crowd goes wild for Ryder, they love him, and I won't lie... I'm starting to become a big fan. I can't envision Curt Hawkins ever getting there. The fact that there might be a guy worse than Hawkins on TV right now isn't any justification for him making it on TV.

Oh come on, I have to support my home boy :lmao:. But, do you not see any redeeming quality in Drew? His Elimination Chamber performance was spectacular and probably one of the better moments of the PPV.

All those guys you mentioned have some quality, something that makes them valuable -- Zeke's body, Slater's fairly energetic/exciting, etc. Curt doesn't have that. He's a run-of-the-mill professional wrestler. Sure, some guys might slip through the cracks, but that doesn't mean they all should. You want Curt to be on TV, I get it, but he doesn't deserve it.

That's the difference between he and Ryder. The crowd goes wild for Ryder, they love him, and I won't lie... I'm starting to become a big fan. I can't envision Curt Hawkins ever getting there. The fact that there might be a guy worse than Hawkins on TV right now isn't any justification for him making it on TV.

I could see Curt being a whiny heel. Sort of like a The Brian Kendrick with a big ass monster manager. I believe he has the ability to do something like that. I mean, come on, who would of thought Brian Kendrick would ever amount to anything in the WWE after tag-teaming nevermind becoming 2009's biggest rise to stardom.

Oh come on, I have to support my home boy :lmao:. But, do you not see any redeeming quality in Drew? His Elimination Chamber performance was spectacular and probably one of the better moments of the PPV.

One match is supposed to change two years of complete and utter disappointment? Yeah, I doubt that. I've seen quite a few guys put on one good match, but consistency is what I'm really looking for.

I could see Curt being a whiny heel. Sort of like a The Brian Kendrick with a big ass monster manager. I believe he has the ability to do something like that. I mean, come on, who would of thought Brian Kendrick would ever amount to anything in the WWE after tag-teaming nevermind becoming 2009's biggest rise to stardom.

But, but... Brian Kendrick had charisma! He had a quirky character, he had an interesting look, there was something about him. Strapping a manager onto someone doesn't instantly make them a superstar, it's how they fit with that manager and if they can carry their own load. In that equation, I'm not so sure about Hawkins. He's just not interesting, he's an afterthought. Seriously, I could find about 10 guys, that pull the exact same stuff as Hawkins when it comes to pro wrestling, in a matter of minutes. There's nothing about him that makes him stand out. That's what separates Curt from Zack.

They were already a team, why not just go back to that, they were a great team when they were the Edgeheads as part of LaFamiliar with Edge and even the Major Brothers which they debuted as.

they were 1xWWF Tag champs when there were Tag Teams.

Reason why not is pretty simple...... Curt Hawkins does not possess the same amount of Charisma that Zack Ryder has. It be pretty easy to say to Curt "Hey, Zack Ryder is doing great shoutting Woo Woo Woo and being overly excited. Why don't you try it" but that doesn't mean it would necessarily work. If so... then WWE would've found gimmicks for guys like McIntyre, Masters, Yoshi, and so many other released or soon to be released WWE stars. Coming up with a unique gimmick that gets you over with the fans, as well as suits your personality is not very easy. That's why there are so few Rocks, Austins, Cenas, and so many McIntyres, Masters, Morrisons.

What Zack has done is defied WWE's expectations of him be getting extremely over with the fans. It wasn't easy for him. He just went out of his to self-promote himself and after 6 or so months he's now starting to reap the benefits, but it's not that WWE gave him this gimmick and told him to promote himself. Good gimmicks are eseentially exaggerated versions of one self and if you have good Charisma you can project that out well to the audience. Zack is outgoing, excitable, and knows exactly what he's trying to do, whether it's on his web show or in the ring.

Hawkins I felt has never possessed that Charisma. When he's in the ring, he comes off to me as boring. He doesn't posses the expressions and the attitudes that fit Ryder so well. When he speaks, he doesn't have the kind of confidence Ryder has in his charcater and if he were to play Ryder, he would absolutly be forcing his lines out. Hawkins either needs to come up with a gimmick of his own that works for him... or he will be released by next years Wrestlemania.

What could WWE do with him to try and help get him over... I'm not sure. A feud with him and Ryder would be pointless as it would be holding back Ryder. Except for the IWC or hardcore fan who pays attention, I doubt most of the audience even remembers that him and Ryder teamed up, as they were a fairly boring team that had really nothing individual or unique about them. They were like two Curt Hawkins and then Zack broke away and differentiated himself from Hawkins. Hawkins continued to play the same boring long haired wrestler he's been. Maybe have him play a bitter jealous card and hopefully he impresses in the ring and gets a reaction. That's about all I got for Mr. Curt Hawkins. Woo Woo Woo! You Know It! (that he will be future endeavoured)

That's funny because Zack Ryder is boring to me in ring. sure he's got the comedy going out of the ring, which is getting annoying to tell the truth, he
is a goof not a champion. Curt Hawkins was working the heel gimmick and it wasn't a flop but because his partner got the sack he gets left out.

Curt is a better wrestler then Zack period. There needs to be a happy medium to make them credible again

One match is supposed to change two years of complete and utter disappointment? Yeah, I doubt that. I've seen quite a few guys put on one good match, but consistency is what I'm really looking for.

Oh, definitely. It's one of Drew's biggest downfalls, he fucks up good work too easily. I really thought the mini-feud with Trent and Kelly was the start of something but, the angle was dropped randomly. But, Drew's still young, with a bit of tweaking he could be massive, he has that look you go on about. Also, he should be pushed just for his titantron :lmao:

But, but... Brian Kendrick had charisma! He had a quirky character, he had an interesting look, there was something about him. Strapping a manager onto someone doesn't instantly make them a superstar, it's how they fit with that manager and if they can carry their own load. In that equation, I'm not so sure about Hawkins. He's just not interesting, he's an afterthought. Seriously, I could find about 10 guys, that pull the exact same stuff as Hawkins when it comes to pro wrestling, in a matter of minutes. There's nothing about him that makes him stand out. That's what separates Curt from Zack.

No way, José. Kendrick had the same if not less charisma than Curt and Tren, for example. But, he was given a great character and it worked for some peculiar reason. It goes to show that any wrestler can be great with a good gimmick. Watch Curt and Reks' promo on the Uso's from a few NXT's ago. Before that promo, I thought he was just a good in-ring promo, but after it, I really noticed him. I'm sorry, Crock, Hawkins', personally, has some potential. Whether it's nurtured and encouraged is a different problem.

Oh, definitely. It's one of Drew's biggest downfalls, he fucks up good work too easily. I really thought the mini-feud with Trent and Kelly was the start of something but, the angle was dropped randomly. But, Drew's still young, with a bit of tweaking he could be massive, he has that look you go on about. Also, he should be pushed just for his titantron :lmao:

Here's what I say: Keep him as far away from my TV as possible. If he can improve, then I'd gladly accept him being featured regularly. Drew has the size and the look, he really does, but as of right now... that's all he's got. He got a major push with the "Chosen One" gimmick, but he never amounted to anything. That's one hell of an opportunity to squander.

No way, José. Kendrick had the same if not less charisma than Curt and Tren, for example. But, he was given a great character and it worked for some peculiar reason. It goes to show that any wrestler can be great with a good gimmick. Watch Curt and Reks' promo on the Uso's from a few NXT's ago. Before that promo, I thought he was just a good in-ring promo, but after it, I really noticed him. I'm sorry, Crock, Hawkins', personally, has some potential. Whether it's nurtured and encouraged is a different problem.

[YOUTUBE]rCSm2MCMz94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UgJCpI30eLQ[/YOUTUBE]

As cheesy as that all is, he had something. The delivery on the first promo was great and that little segment was him doing one hell of a job playing his character. He did that throughout his time in the WWE and I found him entertaining, as did quite a few other people. Sure, he was undersized and would probably never become a top guy, but he did enough to have some success.

I saw the promo in question (regarding Reks and Curt), but like I said before, consistency matters. One promo generally won't make your career. All the other stuff that Hawkins has showed me has been disappointing.

[YOUTUBE]rCSm2MCMz94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UgJCpI30eLQ[/YOUTUBE]

As cheesy as that all is, he had something. The delivery on the first promo was great and that little segment was him doing one hell of a job playing his character. He did that throughout his time in the WWE and I found him entertaining, as did quite a few other people. Sure, he was undersized and would probably never become a top guy, but he did enough to have some success.

I saw the promo in question (regarding Reks and Curt), but like I said before, consistency matters. One promo generally won't make your career. All the other stuff that Hawkins has showed me has been disappointing.

Oh, he most certainly did. If there was one character that I loved in WWE in 2009 it was The Brian Kendrick, but, I'll be damned if you thought Brian Kendrick would be that good back when he was spanky wrestling on Heat.

I'm not saying that Curt Hawkins will make it, but it goes to show that he could make it, under the right circumstances and gimmick. Of course, I doubt the WWE is going to take a risk like that. I mean, they only took the risk with The Brian Kendrick because they were in dire need of a good heel mid-carder on the Smackdown scene.

And of course, he isn't going to be a star based on one promo, but Crock, it's a MAJOR improvement over his other promo work. And, he's obviously showing signs of improvement. I'm not saying he is going to make it (there have been loads better than him that haven't) but, it's possible.

All Hawkins needs is a gimmick change and he might get over. It shouldn't be the same as Ryder's though. I think that instead of turning them back into a tag team they should focus on a singles run for each. Hawkins would benefit from the Ryder ripoff gimmick and the subsequent tag team, as would the tag team division, but Ryder would not. Ryder needs to be in singles action because he is on his way towards his first championship and going back to tag teaming would only derail his recent push. I like the idea of a Ryder clone and the tag team would probably see them win the tag team titles for a second time but Ryder is better off alone now.

Hawkins has an endless number of different gimmicks he could potentially try, and it needs to be something different from what Ryder is. A new character would do wonders for him regardless of what it is considering his whole career has consisted of him being a clone of Edge and then part of a failed tag team called The Gate Crashers. Once he is given something he can try to get over, just like Ryder did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back