• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WM28, Rock/Cena, is there a torch to pass?

The Rock in 3 years (From Survivor Series 98-Mania 2002) was probably a more established main eventer than Cena (From Wrestlemania 21-present).

Some will agree with you (Rock Fans)
Some will Disagree (Cena Fans)

I dont think the Rock is the one qualfied to "pass the torch". Or that Cena is qualified to recieve it. They both have had great careers but when i think of moments like this I think of Hogan/Andre at WM 3. Andre had an unbeaten streak for years and was Vince's main attraction. Once Hogan won, that was when Hulkamania took off and lasted forever. I dont consider Rock/Hogan a torch passing match because the Rock wasn't around for long after that. In order to pass the torch a veteran has to give it to the person who is "the next big thing".

The only man in the WWE who is qualified to "pass the torch" is the Undertaker. Taker losing at WM to younger guy like Barrett, Ziggler, or my personal choice Dibasie Jr (just makes sense story wise, his dad brought him in, he takes him out) is the only event capable of measuring the impact that Hogan/Andre had. Taker has been with the WWE the longest. He is the ONLY one who can pass the torch.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I think most people agree with me. I just don't see what Cena gains from a win, but a lot could be gained from a loss. It's like he said, if he loses this match, he loses everything. You have a potentially great storyline right there.

Seriously, I would hate to be the guy booking this match. If Rock wins Cena haters will rub it in and never let it go, if Cena wins people will bitch and moan like never before. Good luck, Mr. Booker...

Thanks for the replies, guys! I think most people agree with me. I just don't see what Cena gains from a win, but a lot could be gained from a loss. It's like he said, if he loses this match, he loses everything. You have a potentially great storyline right there.

Seriously, I would hate to be the guy booking this match. If Rock wins Cena haters will rub it in and never let it go, if Cena wins people will bitch and moan like never before. Good luck, Mr. Booker...

Austin stood to lose everything at WM X7 as he was referring to the whole time, but he still won. You could make this work with a Cena win as well. He'll get more hate if that's possible, but he will "do what the shirt says" as he put it. It's quite evident anyway that Cena doesn't care about the people that boo him and as long as he's fine with it the WWE is to. Rock winning just sends the wrong message IMO. Just like Jericho winning will send the wrong message. It's WWE basically saying yeah the "attitude" era guys are better than today's crop. Now I'll wait for the inevitable BUUUT THEYZ ARE LOL OMG! Fact of the matter is because he's "stale" (god I hate using that word in this context) he's heel to at least half if not more of the audience anyway. He's probably the most unique superstar the WWE has ever had because even Hogan was a gimmick after all. Why change that when he's sucking money out of his haters as much as he is his fans. We're all following like sheep whether we admit it or not.

i agree with everyone. no torch to pass. cena loses then your start seeing cena become wondering things. maybe a losing streak. Wrestlemania 29 rematch against rock & wins

no torch here... cenas been around and done too much for the proverbial torch to just now be passed. i hope he loses though, i PRAY he loses. not because i hate cena, but the potential for INTERESTING storylines is much better in my eyes with a cena lose... but im almost positive VKM will have him pull one out of nowhere like usual. cant have super cena lose to a part timer on the grandest stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back