• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WM26 - HBK vs Sting?

I don't know why you would put Shawn Michaels as the opponent of all people. Golden Boy or not, I would think Undertaker vs Sting would have more appeal. Also, even "Golden Boy" I'm skeptical of. I would give that title to HHH or Cena before Shawn. But if Sting ever has one match in WWE, I think the biggest match up would be against Taker, not Michaels.

I agree 100% with this.I thought that Taker vs Sting was the biggest missed opportunity during the invasion angle.Could you imagine the lead up to this match.No one plays mind games like Taker but having a good lead up to this match would honestly be awesome.

Scenario - WCW guys are in the ring and doing a number on WWE guys.Lights go out.Taker hits the ring and clears house.For the next couple weeks Taker makes the save for the guys being assault until one day the lights go out on Taker and all we see in the ring is a black bat.Someone else claims to be playing the mind games that go on for a few more weeks until Sting finally appears.

Honestly look at these two.They both have always been in some sort of main event story line or the title picture and they both represent the companies they meant so much to in about the same way.Taker was always loyal to WWE and doesn't mind putting over younger guys.The same could be said about Sting.He was always a main eventer or involved in some major story line and though the years one of WCW's most loyal guys.

These two during the Monday Night War era mirrored each other in so many ways in how much they meant for their companies and how much they did for the promotions they was in.If we ever see Sting in the WWE i think the only match that should be talked about is Taker vs Sting.Hell they could even have him do a short run leading up to a Hall of Fame induction because everyone knows he deserves it.

Just my opinion.I think if Sting knew he was about done and Vince really talked to him and got his trust up we could see a short WWE run for Sting towards the end of his wrestling career.It would obviously have to lead up to and end at Mania as one of the main events of the night after hes inducted but im all for Taker vs Sting.

The only way I want to see Sting in the WWF is if he doesn't face Triple H of course that wouldn't happen. It would be great to see him in the main company but Sting has done so much he doesn't have anything to prove by signing with Vince and I think thats the way it should stay. But I wouldn't be dissappointed in him signing either I don't watch TNA so I haven't seen him wrestle sonce 2001 with WCW.

I had brought this match up, up in another thread a while back. It would be the perfect match up, not Taker, because its been done, even if it was forever ago. To have a match with such high profile guys thats never been done is hard to do. And it would signal the end of the attitude/WCW wars, since both these guys would be done after this. Neither had ever gone to the others company in the heyday of the Monday nite Wars, which makes this special. Forget a 1 yr deal for Sting, maybe a 1 match with a HOF spot like Steamboat, that would be good.

Sting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's hilarious how these "so-called" wrestling purist are saying that Sting is past his prime or can't wrestle but his name keeps popping up to wrestle at Wrestlemania for the last 5yrs. The ONLY REASON, and let me repeat that, the ONLY REASON you smart marks are talking trash is because Sting isn't on WWE tv.
If anyone has bothered to watch the interviews on YouTube he explains why he didn't go to WWE in the first place. It was because he watched Diamond Dallas Page, Booker T, Goldberg, Scott Steiner go to WWE and commit character assasination. Mcmahon did his best to eventually bury all the WCW wrestlers, because like it's been said, WCW wrestlers weren't something Mcmahon created so he buried it.
Sting is brilliant in staying away from McMahonland and calling his own shots instead of Mcmahon wanting Sting to sell him his name, image, & brand all in the name for t-shirt sells.
For the snot noses on here that wrote "Sting hasn't had a good match", watch Sting vs Kurt Angle in TNA or Samoa Joe. Only thing Sting has to be guilty of is trying to put the new guys over and giving them the rub in TNA unlike alot of fellows in WWE.
Most on here are WWE marks and wouldn't know a decent match if it fell in their lap. Today's fans first knowledge begins with a DX chop and ends with Santino Morella in drag.
As for wrestlers past their prime Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Triple H are the first to come to mind but since they're in the WWE they're held in high regard. Undertaker has had his best matches these last few years and so has Michaels. Triple H is predictable and should put someone else over to take his spot.
As for someone like Sting, I believe he has one good full time run ahead of him and Vince Mcmahon sees dollar signs in the process when or if he leaves TNA.
Sting and Michaels would have a helluva match. A 60 min Ironman match would blow the roof off of Wrestlmania. I'd also love to see Sting feud against Orton,Edge & 'Taker.
But if all WWE has to offer: Batista? Jehrico? Triple H? Cena? CM Punk? Don't make me laugh at the sport I love. I'd rather watch paint dry than see these guys run through the same routines with EVERY opponent they face. With all the bad writing and storylines and anti-climatic feuds, WWE needs Sting more than Sting need them.
I'll take Sting over these guys anytime.

A-FRICKIN-MEN TO THAT!

COME ON GUYS, WE ARE ALL FANS AT HEART, I MEAN SERIOUSLY, 2 GUYS WHO STAYED LOYAL & TRUE TO THEIR RESPECTIVE COMPANIES, SIMILAR AGE, SIMILAR STYLE, CHARISMATIC, BOTH BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS, IF BOOKED CORRECTLY, STORYLINEWISE & MATCHWISE, COULD BE AWESOME.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I don't even think there is any need for any face-heel dynamic here either, just let 2 living legends do their stuff in the ring. Let their wrestling do the talking.

Imagine the DVD cover for WM26 & t-shirts...

THE SHOWSTOPPER vs THE FRANCHISE.

Give these guys half an hour to steal the show. Of course HBK would most likely go over, but who cares? Wouldn't hurt either man's credibility, I mean Savage wasn't booked like a goof after dropping the IC strap to Steamboatwas he?

But alas, I digress, basically, if booked & marketed properly, a showcase match like Sting vs HBK @ WM26 would not only blow the roof off into the stratusphere, but also pop a heeeeyuge buyrate.

Vinnie Mac, u book this for WM26 & I would forgive u for Katie Vick, Hornswoggle, The Great Khali, Xanta Claus & a whole lotta other crazy sheeeet

Peace out

I'm not a big Sting mark, so maybe this is biased. Yeah it would be a big deal if Sting came to the WWE, but I don't think it would be even as big of a deal as Taker vs HBK was this year. I mean look at it this way, Sting and Michaels have never had a match together. Yeah, they were both the faces of their companies in the 90's at times, but they were never the most successful faces of the companies either. IMO if you think about the glory days of WCW, you think of the fact that the nWo was leading them to the top. Yeah, you had Sting to fued with Hogan some of the time, but Hogan and Nash and Hall were the ones on top. In WWF in the 90's, your main guys were probably at seperate times, Hogan, Hart, HBK, and Austin at the end. But at their most successful point on the 90's, it was Austin. So I wouldn't consider this the faces of the companies vs each other. I would consider that Austin vs the nWo, and we all know how shitty that one turned out. All in all I think that the WWE would probably hype the shit outta this match, but I think that they would hype it a lot more than it should be. Both guys are getting up there in age, and I don't see what the big deal in the match would be. Yeah, they can both still work, but I wouldn't care that much if it happened.

I don't even think there is any need for any face-heel dynamic here either, just let 2 living legends do their stuff in the ring. Let their wrestling do the talking.

Imagine the DVD cover for WM26 & t-shirts...

THE SHOWSTOPPER vs THE FRANCHISE.

Give these guys half an hour to steal the show. Of course HBK would most likely go over, but who cares? Wouldn't hurt either man's credibility, I mean Savage wasn't booked like a goof after dropping the IC strap to Steamboatwas he?

But alas, I digress, basically, if booked & marketed properly, a showcase match like Sting vs HBK @ WM26 would not only blow the roof off into the stratusphere, but also pop a heeeeyuge buyrate.

Vinnie Mac, u book this for WM26 & I would forgive u for Katie Vick, Hornswoggle, The Great Khali, Xanta Claus & a whole lotta other crazy sheeeet

Peace out

And forgive him for Wrestlemania 25 and the Give-a-way.

I had brought this match up, up in another thread a while back. It would be the perfect match up, not Taker, because its been done, even if it was forever ago. To have a match with such high profile guys thats never been done is hard to do. And it would signal the end of the attitude/WCW wars, since both these guys would be done after this. Neither had ever gone to the others company in the heyday of the Monday nite Wars, which makes this special. Forget a 1 yr deal for Sting, maybe a 1 match with a HOF spot like Steamboat, that would be good.

When did Sting face Taker? Correct me if in wrong but as long as Taker has wrestled under that persona Sting has been in either NWA,WCW,or TNA.Comparing a match they both had before they might have became house hold names to a match they could have now that they both are considered icons or legends to the business doesn't sound fair.I based them two on what they meant for their respective companies and they work they was and still are capable of today.

This isn't to say HBK vs Sting wouldn't be great also but i think the idea of Taker vs Sting would be better but to each his own i guess.

No, purely because this is a dream match based of the fact that STing has been been in WWE while Shawn was never in WCW. If Sting came to WWE it would ruin the spectacle.

I would definately go with Sting vs Taker over Sting vs HBK! But, It would have to be the WCW Crow Sting, not TNA Icon Sting! It would even more intriguing if it was the Lord of Darkness Taker vs Crow Sting. Sting vs Taker has always intrigued me seeing as how they are my two all time favorites.

With both men well into their 40's and both of their careers coming to a close, I ask these two questions...

1. Would a Michaels / Sting match be the most anticipated since Hogan / Warrior?

I dont think so, allow me to go into full blown Rocky mark mode but I think his match with Hogan and his WM17 match with Austin were probably far more anticipated than this match ever would be. I'd put Lesnar vs Goldberg above it because of the novelty of WCW's monster vs WWE's monster.

Basically I like Sting, I think he's awesome and 10 years ago this could well have rivalled those three matches.

2. Would the opening moments of an HBK / Sting match at Wrestlemania rival that of Rock / Hogan from Wrestlemania 17?

All I can do is give my opinion on this one, and that opinion is no, fact is I dont think HBK is in the league of Rock and Hogan. Sting was, just not anymore. It'd be up there with Shawn vs Taker though.

It seems quite obvious to me that the answer is yes on both accounts. Sting is the one man Vince has never had, and Michaels has largely been regarded as WWE's Golden Child. Fans would absolutely recognize the magnitude of the moment, and the ovation would go on for 15 minutes.

Oh yeah, the moment would be treated with respect no doubt, it deserves respect, it deserves to have happened years ago where it would have meant far more. Sadly circumstances prevented that. As it happens I'd much rather have had Sting sign a WWE contract after WCW folded and faced Undertaker. Or even better they should have had Sting face someone who's star power was on a similar level, like Austin.

Furthermore, these two men work crowds flawlessly. And let's be honest - Shawn and Undertaker set the bar so high at Wrestlemania this year that it would take a moment like Michaels vs Sting to break it.

Dont that the Undertaker/HBK match was the awesomeness it's being painted as, could well have been the best match on the WM25 card but I dont think it's epic. Sting vs HBK would rival it though but there are far better.

I dont know, at WCW's peak Sting was out of HBK's league in my opinion, not as far as working a match but star power. These days I'd place them on a similar level, I think it'd be good but there have been far more important matches that would probably be better than this one.

Sting vs Undertaker would be far more awesome, because the pull for that match isn't that Sting has never been in the WW (which would be ruined if he ever wrestled at Wrestlemania), but ratehr two supernatural forces doing battle. I just watched the film The Crow. Undertaker vs Sting would shit all over HBK vs Sting.

Sting vs Undertaker would be far more awesome, because the pull for that match isn't that Sting has never been in the WW (which would be ruined if he ever wrestled at Wrestlemania), but ratehr two supernatural forces doing battle. I just watched the film The Crow. Undertaker vs Sting would shit all over HBK vs Sting.

Either way, it would be one hell of a match but I would have to say I do agree in that the Undertaker is more of a supernatural force than HBK, his entrance alone should be reason to induct him into HOF.

I am going to Disagree. I think that Sting Vs Undertaker would, be far more anticipated than HBK Vs Sting.

A lot of people on here has mentioned this many times, and I am certainly inclined to agree. Sting Vs Undertaker would be huge, and would certainly be a high point in a PPV, such as WM. Although Sting is 50 and Undertaker is well into his 40's (latter half of 40), I personally think they can put on a great match together. And yeah, HBK Vs Sting would be awesome, but Undertaker Vs Crow Sting would be great.

I wouldnt mind seeing Sting Vs Kane as well.

I hate to rain on the parade as well, but I would not enjoy this match at all. Nothing against either superstar because I know what they've accomplished and given to the business, but I can honestly say that in my entire wrestling loving life, I have never ever liked Sting. I don't know what it is about him, but for me, his matches are just...blah. He never excited me. I even sigh every time he's on tv now with TNA. I can't say much more about it that I could never get into Sting. In my eyes, he was always the biggest face of WCW, but there were always more interesting characters. Hell, Jericho in WCW was more interesting than Sting in my eyes. Sting peaked when he was supposedly joining the nWo and he came down from the rafters and made the choice of joining WCW and not the nWo. From there was the Wolfpac and blah blah blah. I understand the love of Sting and I respect Sting and the fans of Sting, but to me... he's mediocre.

A more interesting match-up for my money would be the battle of overhyped mediocrity between HHH/Sting. The overrated (IMO mind you) face of WWE and WCW locking up in a battle to prove who's the best over-the-hill overhyped superstar of all time. Because neither of them really personally entertained me personally. I realize people all through here probably would lick HHH's ass in a heartbeat and think he's god's gift to wrestling, but I don't believe that for a minute. Same for Sting. I can't say it any plainer than I was just never a fan of either...I'm still not.

1. Would a Michaels / Sting match be the most anticipated since Hogan / Warrior?

2. Would the opening moments of an HBK / Sting match at Wrestlemania rival that of Rock / Hogan from Wrestlemania 17?
Your thoughts, please...

1. Not only Hogan/Warrior, but Hogan/Rock, Taker/Michaels, and Hogan/Andre
2. Hmmm tough question, only if there is enough buildup for the match and if the fans are cheering aimlessly for both men whether they are heel or face. Also, Sting would have to hold a world championship for a few months that way, he earns more fan respect and the match would be that much better.

All in all, this could be the greatest match of all time if it wants to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back