Winter is Coming - The Night is Dark and Full of Spoilers

Strong Belwas needs no tinkly bells!

Hmm, looks like they're still trying to play the 'Stannis burns innocent people' card, hopefully thats intentionally misleading.

So, do we think the other Greyjoys will appear this season? I know they come in later in the books but the Queensmoot would be a decent inclusion for the end of the season.

Found a website that has some old rumours for who will be cast but further down the page are some suggestions for characters that haven't been cast yet. Mads Mikkelsen as a possible Euron Greyjoy would be brilliant.

I wouldn't mind that either.

After the big build up of the Kingsmoot, Euron has not been involved enough; although much of Victarion's aims and motives come from a hatred of his brother.

Maybe they transfer that to Balon? Or maybe Aeron?

No Aeron either I've heard, theres a show version of the Greyjoy family tree somewhere which show Balon and Euron as the only two brothers, I am not sure how legit that is. It throws the Kingsmoot out if true though, especially as I cant see Asha abandoning Theon for it, I reckon he'll just take over if it is true, but maybe Asha will play the Victarion/Aeron role? Screaming iron hinge and whatnot.

I agree we need more Euron though, if only to see if he elaborates on his eerily 3 eyed crow sounding comments about flying.

I doubt we'll see Mads Mikkelsen in the show because of his commitments to Hannibal.

I think this is my comment in this thread, but reasons for that is because I'm a latecomer to the show (this is a thing I do, I only just started giving Breaking Bad a watch, and I only first watched Mad Men a couple of months before Season Six started). I finally watched the first two seasons back in September but can't watch the third due to promising the fiancée that we'd watch the third together. Just finished reading the first book and look to catch up on that front.

Wish I could join in the discussions of what's to come, but alas I'm still a season behind and still have two more books to be up to speed. But that being said, I am aware of events (thanks to tumblr) like the Red Wedding, but there's a lot that goes on. That being said, I am looking forward to Season Four, hopefully, by the time it airs I'll be in a better position to comment on things.

Hey Barbosa, you're a historian who seems to place some stock in the laws of succession and their importance in a time of Kings. So bearing in mind Renly is ignorant of Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcellas birth origins and thinks they were his brothers; how much of a cunt was he?

Either of you seen Rush?

I was pretty surprised to hear them using a variation of the Rains of Castamere quite heavily throughout the film. Very fitting piece of music though.

Newish. Think it came out on DVD last month or maybe January.

It's about 2 F1 rivals (Chris Hemworth and Daniel Bruhl) in the 70s and the focus on each drivers' personal lives rather than an over-reliance on their races makes it pretty enjoyable even for someone who doesn't really care about F1.

Oh and the actress who plays Margery Tyrell makes an appearance, while there is also a team called Tyrell too. At one point you can hear a PA announcer declare, "The Tyrells have withdrawn from the race."

I've now started watching Killing Them Softly but there are no Thrones references I can make yet.

End transmission.

He's talking about this:

[YOUTUBE]ZBpMb-YpEyU[/YOUTUBE]

That would have initially been handy. Cheers bruv.

God Rains of Castamere always sounds good. But yeah, that doesn't surprise me, especially with the name Hans Zimmer attached.

Always wondered who was supposed to be Reyne and who was supposed to be Tywin in that situation.

I think there aspects of both sides in Ty and Barbosa.

The idea that they are very similar - cats of a different coat - but that Barbosa was warning Ty that his pride and power were fleeting.

just a slight danger of the rains weeping o'er your hall.

Tywin(streak) Burna, such potential.

For those that haven't caught the latest GoT Season 4 trailer, I'm just gonna leave it right here:

[YOUTUBE]xIASaUUwklk[/YOUTUBE]

That looked an awful lot like Bronn fighting/sparring with Jamie? Unless Ilyn Payne now has a wig.

While I sighed at the sight of Arya and the Hound riding again, the statue at Braavos got me very excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back