Will WSX over take TNA as the number two brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwefan247x

Dark Match Jobber
Last WZ reported morale is down in tna because of treatment to "big" stars get compared to the "generic" stars....Well the higher ups at tna might have their morale lowered as well...cuz they may realize that they are not a company on the rise, but rather their fan bas is a small percentage of wwe fan base who can't get enough wrestling and will watch any kind of professoinal wrestling no matter what it is........WSX did in one half hour what took tna almost 5 years to do..score a 1.0 rating. If WSX gets the same rating or even a slightly lower one u have to beleive that it is only a matter of weeks before wsx gets higher ratings than tna. Dixie Jeff and who ever else is in charge better hope that mtv will not move WSX to thursday nights during impact...which mtv might just do so it won't compare to ecw.. SPeaking of ecw wwe will take notice of this. since WSX is all extreme matched perhaps this will make wwe change ecw back to hardcore....At least I hope

I meant Mtv might move wsx to thursday so it won't go head to head with ecw, yet still be on a night were wrestling fans are looking for their fix

WSX has a long way to go if they're going to beat TNA or anyone else for that matter. The show displayed great athleticism, but was so damn scatterbrained that it looked like a gang of tweekers put it together. They have some major kinks to iron out and need AT LEAST another half hour to do it right. Morale reports are always coming out for locker rooms in TNA or WWE and usually they're high...then low... then high...and so forth. As for the move to Thursdays? No. If they're monitoring their key demographic (smark wrestling fans) then they don't need to go running into the lion's den. ECW doesn't cater to that group these days, so it's a non-issue with regards to competing with them. They'll likely keep it on Tuesdays for a while. Also, what's to say that down the road a piece TNA doesn't change their broadcast night?

I just was searching the on screen guide for my dish network and tommarow wsx goes head to head with the last half hour of impact, although it will be the 4 time it aired though

I really enjoyed WSX as it did have that old school ECW feel to it. However, I don't really see it replacing TNA. I think that WSX and TNA both have their place in the business and hopefully together the two promotions will give some real competition to the WWE.

one thing to point out is tna did not get a 1.0 rating right away, but aftyer it was put on thursda(apprently it is the most watched night of tv) and in primetime made it get 1.0-1.1 Wsx's first try and it only being a half hour got a 1.0, is tna and wsx getting these ratings becuz it is a quality show and a lot of people enjoy it or is it becuz those shows are on major cable networks? So far ecw is the "offical" alternitive to raw and smackdown cuz the ratings say so.. but could wsx or tna top ecw...are they capable? tna must be concerned that a company that obviously don't have anywhere the money they have(not that tna has that much in the first place, still I lot more tha nI have in my pocekts:) ) or the star power and they got a higher rating than impact last week

But consider that this was only WSX's first week out there. When the new ECW came to Sci Fi, it garnered 2.0-2.5 ratings when it first aired. Now look at it. It's garnering 1.4-1.5 ratings now! The people(including myself) who tuned into WSX's "official" first show did so out of curiousity. But once the novelty wears off, and it will, it's ratings will drop.

I watched WSX, and while I enjoyed some of the high flying action sequences I had no clue as to why these two men were fighting and why they felt they had to almost kill themselves to win.

I predict WSX will not only not take the #2 spot away from TNA, but that within 2-3 months it will be cancelled.

u may be right, although I enjoyed some of the action I thought the explosions were kinda cartoonish dare I say borderline lame, but i have to admit it was not hard to watch were tna in my view is hard to watch i think the last good match rhino and christan in the cage match a few months ago, personally i hope wsx continues to do well since it is all hardcore action may convince vince to turn ecw violent again, but I don't ecw to much like old ecw, I want it to mean something and the violence not to go over board and have frying pans, vacums, men falling from rafters, saws and the otherstuff old ecw had and xpw... tables, ladders, chairs, occasional barb wire and tumb tacts are goodenough, plus they need to keep the pure wrestling matches(holly vs. rvd was a VERY good match on tuesday night) the way I see it just as many extreme rules matches as "normal" matches...maybe LITTLE less

A lot of people thought tna was going to be cancelled right away too, if spike is thrilled about tna's ratings mtv has to be at least pleasently surprised by wsx( mtv has higher ratings than spike, I don't know why with shows like super sweet 16...yuck)

A lot of people thought tna was going to be cancelled right away too, if spike is thrilled about tna's ratings mtv has to be at least pleasently surprised by wsx( mtv has higher ratings than spike, I don't know why with shows like super sweet 16...yuck)

I wasn't one of those people. I was hooked on the TNA concept after a few weekly PPVs.

Personally I don't have anything against WSX. I love some of there talent, like Teddy Hart and Jack Evans. But when you consider that all of these guys are under short term contracts, it's only a matter of time before WWE(or even TNA for that matter) does to them what they did to the old ECW back in the day and sign them away.

All I'm saying is that for WSX to survive they will have to sign their talent to long term deals, get a longer timeslot, and tell better stories in the ring. Now unless MTV ponies up the money to compete with the ones WWE offers, and gives them at least an hour time slot every week. I don't see how WSX is to survive.

But here's hoping! Anything that might give Vince a good swift kick in the butt to improve WWECW or get TNA to make Impact a show we can care about again, is a good thing!

I can't see them taking over TNA, at least they don't deserve to. Ok, i may be wrong, but it is going to take them 5-10 years to get close, and think of the head start TNA has.

WSX showed a lot of promice much more than what TNA has showed me over all I hope they keep up it reminded me up classic ECW, with a touch of WCW Antics as in Camera Angles and the Pyro Technics saying it was an explosion or electricution all in all I enjoyed it.

I can't see them taking over TNA, at least they don't deserve to. Ok, i may be wrong, but it is going to take them 5-10 years to get close, and think of the head start TNA has.

The thing is WSX has about the same ratings as TNA, I don't know Impacts ratings but its not much higher than 1.0...if it even is higher than 1.0. WSX may have already taken TNA down a peg and become the #2, lets just wait and see if they can keep it up.

I think all the hype will of helped them, if not people just wanted to see X-Pac and credible. To be honest, if they keep it hardcore then yeh, it will be good.

I don't think it will. Remember that WSX has seasons, unlike TNA which airs every week. So after the first "season" of WSX, wrestling fans will go back o having two choices, either the WWE or TNA. Besides, the novelty of the spotfest and silly gimmick matches (He's in there with the Piranhaaaa!) will wear out sooner than later and people will want to see some actual wrestling.

I think it has potential to take over the # 2 spot.It won't get cancelled though.I watched it for teddy hart and vampiro.There is talk of wwe trying to get teddy hart for the new hart foundation(if that happens)along with harry smith,tj wilson & nattie neidhart.I think that be good for the wwe.

There was a post earlier talking about how crazy ECW was.

ECW wasn't always about balls-to-the-wall, blood everywhere wrestling. Sure there was some of that, but a lot of matches were regular or technical matches (Chris Benoit was in it, Rey Mysterio, etc). They were just allowed to use weapons if they wanted (if it was booked).

WSX will last one season at best imo. (24 episodes)

There has already been talk about wrestlers leaving and been snapped up by wwe.

The 1.0 rating it garnered was on there first week on MTV, now think of this, MTV is one of the bigest networks out there, and MTV is one of those networks that has a hell of alot of passive viewers (people that turn on mtv to watch some mtv) and on its hyped debut on a network that gains 0.8-1.4 ratings for reruns and repeats, can only pull a 1.0 for its original programming....yea that is a bit crap.

WSX will not take over tna as brand number two, because it is not a wrestling company, in my opinion and from what i gathered from there first show etc, WSX is a show it is a half hour show that features action and then some more action, and with a roster of 9 wrestlers. There is going to be no real storylines or developments and only loose feuds that bear no meaning to anyone, i can bet my balls that title changes will mean sweet f##k all in about 2 months because everyone on the roster will have held it by then.

WSX is not awful, but its not TNA or WWE and will certainly never be ECW, although it was better than WWECW, but thats beside the point.

I can imagine that it will be filmed in seasons like all mtv programming. which is a bit stupid.

Raw is seemingly the #1 Brand, then Smackdown is #2, ECW is #3, then TNA is #4 Brand & then WSX will be #5. LOL

WSX unless they are totally HARDCORE & stuff, won't take over TNA for the #2 COMPANY.

Raw is seemingly the #1 Brand, then Smackdown is #2, ECW is #3, then TNA is #4 Brand & then WSX will be #5. LOL

WSX unless they are totally HARDCORE & stuff, won't take over TNA for the #2 COMPANY.

And what criteria are these numbers/ratings based on? Certainly not quality. WWECW is the single worst wrestling program in history. The name now stands for Extremely Crappy Wrestling as nothing interesting ever happens on the show! They have guys like RVD jobbing to Hardcore Holly who should be employed as a janitor. And that Extreme Expose crap? It's good for nothing more than a chance to fix a drink or make a snack. Let's not forget that we have two steroid-addled morons that don't know a wristlock from a wristwatch competing for the ECW Title. What an awful, awful show. It's just a matter of time before WSX and TNA both manage to top it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back