Matt Sydal: Hottest Free Agent on the Indy Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Taken from Wrestlezone

Indy superstar Matt Sydal is quickly becoming the hottest free agent on the independent scene. Sydal had in-ring tryouts with WWE during the week of the Benoit family tragedy and was going to work for TNA but had has his appearances cancelled because of conflicts with his touring schedule with Dragon's Gate in Japan.

Is this a big deal, little deal or No deal in that both WWE and TNA want Matt Sydal. I have been impressed by what I have seen from him in WSX but would that translate well for WWE or TNA. I wouldn't mind seeing him in ECW as he could have some good feuds with Johnny Nitro, CM Punk and Elijah Burke. But TNA you get feuds with the X Division and AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels as well as others. So where do you think Matt Sydal should go: WWE; TNA or Stay on the Indy Scene. Post your reasoning this is not a spam thread.

Matt Sydal is an amazing higher flyer. I am completely entertained every time I see him. His stuff in ROH is particularly good. I really would be disappointed to see Sydal leave the Indy scene, but if he must, I'd rather see him in TNA killing the X Division. If Sydal signs with the WWE, he will be buried within a few months. Sydal relies heavily on unorthodox moves that are surely banned in the WWE.

I agree with RVDgurl Matt Sydal is a great talent. I seen a couple of his matches on youtube. if he got to go to a major Fed I would also like to see him in TNA flying all over the X division. if he go to WWE they will give him a dumb Gimmick. and restrict his moves set. Just think Paul London.

I have seen Sydal wrestle a few times and I'm not to impressed with him.. But if he wants money he goes to WWE where he will be resticted in what he does and will eventually be buried. But I do see him and Matt Stryker forming a sweet tag team. If he goes to TNA he will be utilizes in the X-Divsion and on tv every week. It is ultimarely his choice.

A lot depends on the TNA television deal coming down probably in the next few weeks. If they are getting an additional hour on Spike, or if they get the Fox deal with four hours of programming, then I say he should jump to TNA easily. He will have plenty of exposure there. The X-Division will become a focal point with more time. If TNA doesn't get the extra hour, or they get an extra split hour (which is pointless) then he should stay on the indy scene. Only if TNA gets at elast a two hour program should Sydal even begin to think about jumping to TNA.

Under no circumstances should Sydal jump to the WWE. If he wants a quick pay day, then yes. But if he cares about the direction of his character, and being able to perform at at least half the level he is used to, then he needs to stay away. The WWE is the death of light heavyweights.

Ok, youtubing some of his matches, and I have to say I'm fairly impressed. At first he struck me as kind of an RVD type of guy, which I would hate, but if he works on his selling a little bit and makes sure he doesn't turn into a spot monkey then he could be a superstar. He paces himself well in his matches and doesn't let the spot he's doing take over what he's trying to accomplish by doing that, and he feeds off the crowd really well. I hope to see him in WWE soon. Actually, better yet, I hope he signs a deal with TNA but leaves shortly thereafter and then signs with WWE and WWE makes him a superstar, since they're so good at that ;)

He should stay in the indys. WWE would completley fuck him up. He would be the next Crash Holly or Spike Dudley. He would probably get a push as a plucky underdog. That's fine but WWE dont do that gimmick well. And the X-Division is worthless. They just throw matches together for PPV's. Sure he would probably be in entetaining matches, but he wouldn't become a star. He should just continue doning waht he is, and people will get more intrested in him.

Well it all depends really on what Sydal wants. If he wants what's good for him personally, as in money and exposure wise, obviously the WWE would be the choice. If he wants to jump to TNA that could work with him in the X-Division, but he wouldn't be worth much of anything there until TNA gets another show or another hour of Impact, otherwise he'll be buried. But if he doesn't want to compromise his work method and the quality of matches he produces, then he would obviously stay in the indies. Personally I think he'd be a great addition to a promotion like ROH, where he can really perform at a high level and also take part in something special that is ROH.

But if his WSX stuff is all you've seen, go to YouTube ASAP.

Sydal should be the hottest free agent, he is a great high-flyer and he is a great athelte. Not to mention he is only 22 year's old....I like him in the Indy's though.

I just saw a match of his on youtube, and I must say I was quite impressed. It was against AJ Styles, and it were from 2004, and even though it was a losing effort, he held his own pretty well against AJ. I will wait until I see some more from him before I give him propper judgement, but the potential is deffinatly there for him to make something of himself

i saw Sydal live in Liverpool at the King of Europe cup and was very impressed. Hes a phenomenal high flyer, and i think he should give it a try in WWE, if it doesnt work, hey hes given it a shot and cud go to TNA no problem.

i saw Sydal live in Liverpool at the King of Europe cup and was very impressed. Hes a phenomenal high flyer, and i think he should give it a try in WWE, if it doesnt work, hey hes given it a shot and cud go to TNA no problem.

You won't see his phenomenal high flying in WWE because most of his moves are banned under WWE doctrine. Sydal is not a big guy by any means, so a WWE version of him will not be pretty. He is fantastic; I too have seen him live a few times, but he lose a lot of what makes him special when Vince gets a hold of him. Part of me also thinks that, like Vince did with ECW in the 90's, he will pick up the hottest talent, keep them off the market in a developmental contract, and dispose of them later. I don't think Vince would want Sydal going to TNA, and with ROH gaining some momentum as a growing independent promotion, allowing them to keep Sydal would be counterproductive for WWE. I would bet that Sydal will either be a jobber, or never even make it on to any of Vinnie's brands.

Poor Matt Sydal. Unless the WWE is planning some huge revival of the cruiserweight division, Sydal probably will be released from his developmental deal within the next year. He is a phenomenal high flyer, but as SusieQ previously stated, a majority of his moveset is on the infamous ban list. At
5'7, there isn't much more he can resort to in the ring. He is just too small to mat wrestle larger guys. Everything that makes him special will be taken away.

I think the reason WWE signs guys like Sydal to developmental deal, is simply to keep them away from other companies namely TNA, I think WWE has no plans to ever use Sydal, and never did, but they do realize that he doea have talent and a cult fan following, so allowing be a free agent and companies like TNA to able to sign him would be a bad idea so they go out and sign him to a Developmental deal just to keep him from signing with another company, then they will release him in a year or so, and that will be that

I think the reason WWE signs guys like Sydal to developmental deal, is simply to keep them away from other companies namely TNA, I think WWE has no plans to ever use Sydal, and never did, but they do realize that he doea have talent and a cult fan following, so allowing be a free agent and companies like TNA to able to sign him would be a bad idea so they go out and sign him to a Developmental deal just to keep him from signing with another company, then they will release him in a year or so, and that will be that

I think you hit that on the head there Justin as WWE only sign some talent just do that TNA can not get a hold of them. Sad thing is they will will prolly debut him and give him a slight push then we he will be like Noble for awhile no where t be seen but unlike Noble he wont get a a side WWE job and will be released and waste a few years in WWE but hey least he can say he cashed in...

Ring of Honor superstar Matt Sydal has signed a WWE developmental deal so expect to see him report to one of WWE’s developmental territories after he finishes up all his independent dates.

Taken from: Wrestlezone

So this means the WWE has signed a deal with Sydal, hopefully they use him right, as he is a great Talent. This however is probably not going to be the case. I also hope WWE sets up something similar to what they did with ECW with RoH.

Honestly I do not believe WWE signed Matt to keep him away from TNA. He made a WWE tryout prior to ever making his TNA tryout, which things kept getting in the way from him making a tryout w/TNA. It's not as if he's Chris Jericho, Matt Morgan, Tazz or Sabu that is a well known name to the casual fans that the WWE felt the need to pull for the best for their selves and the worst for TNA.

There's no secret that a lot of ex-ROH names were successful in the WWE. One of them is a current major champion/main eventer. Another pair made history by being one of the tag teams to hold the tag titles the longest. Another became multi-time Women's champion. Another recently was promoted and is getting praised for making good closing to matches.

There's no secret that the ROH wrestlers are some of the greatest wrestlers in North America which I'm sure even the WWE acknowledges it seeing a handful of their ex-names became superstars in the WWE to full fill a dream by trying to go the farthest they can go in their career.

As long as Matt Sydal doesn't become a Shelton Benjamin by lacking of passion or effort, as long as he doesn't have "un-professional" actions or becomes trouble backstage and passes the random drug tests, there's absolutely no reason for him not to create fame for himself with a decent push... well, I hope I am correct!

Matt Sydal is going to be the next "Simon Dean"...They will nutter him from moves like they did with CM punk....The WWE CM PunK is horrible..he bores me to watch, i thought i wouldnt ever said about him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back