• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Undertaker "redeem" Kane?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Kane still seems to be going through his potential face turn, but I saw on...yahoo I think...a rumor that Undertaker might be appearing on TV sometime soon. I didn't think anything of it, as rumors are just rumors. I also remember a rumor that he was going to be in the Royal Rumble, but it didn't happen.

However, Ambrose said something like "What would you brother think?" to Kane- which got an intense reaction. This leads me to wonder if there is a grain of truth to it. That actually would be a really cool twist if the Undertaker did show up and bring the Big Red Machine out from Corporate Kane. He doesn't even need to wrestle or anything. Just a segment or two would be awesome and provide a cool pay-off to Kane's face turn.

I think you're reading too much into what Ambrose said. If the Undertaker didn't show up for any confrontation between himself and Wyatt before his match at Mania, why show up now?

Kane has made his bed and it's either time for him to lie in it or get out. So in other words stay with the Authority and drag on as he is, or complete the face turn and become a new man. He doesn't need Taker for that.

This has been the longest face turn I've seen in recent memory, and one I'm quite sick of. Because of it we are forced to have him involved in every Rollins match going. It's about him he shit or get off the pot.

LMAO, Undertaker showing up? At a NON Wrestlemania event? Whatever. He can't even show up on a Raw to promote his own WM match, so why would he actually come for an angle concerning someone else? He's so "busy," with that packed schedule of matches and appearances he does every year. Poor guy needs his rest… LOL

Undertaker imo has one last run left. Looks like trips is sticking with the authority angle so they might as well make it interesting. Undertaker can come back with his biker gimmick and may be the can create something like the austin bischoff feud leading to a match between brothers hopefully not at mania.

I doubt 'Taker will show up in this angle, but it would be pretty cool. Like you say, he wouldn't need to have a match, just seeing The Deadman (even briefly) would send the crowd wild! I've been reatching the Raws from 1998, and leading up to the 'Taker v Kane match, the 2 of them don't get physically violent, just cut promos and ar involved in cool angles like 'Taker appearing in the rafters, appearing from a casket etc- something similar could work here, Undertaker wouldn't need to actually fight the Authority.

Undertaker's voice echoing through blacked out arena,with the lightning bolts hitting the ring, talking about Kane destroying his legacy, selling out to be a corporate stooge instead of the monster he truly is would be awesome to see, wth Undertaker appearing on the stage, extending his hand to his brother- leading to Kane snapping in the ring and quitting the Authority and joining 'Taker, disappearing for a few weeks and then returning as the ORIGINAL masked Kane, the first and best incarnation of the character.

Eh, it could happen. Perhaps if Raw is airing in Takers current location in the near future, he would make a special appearance. Wouldn't take much time, effort, or travel on his part so it is a possibility. That being said, I don't see it happening. Every time Taker appears nowadays, it's publicized as an "event", and turning Kane doesn't seem like a big enough event for The Undertaker.

It would be cool, and I'll never say never.... but I doubt it.

So in other words stay with the Authority and drag on as he is, or complete the face turn and become a new man. He doesn't need Taker for that.

I've been presuming there will be a face turn sooner or later....and the only reason it hasn't happened fully yet is that WWE has been drawing out feuds and angles longer to either increase the drama or hide the notion that there's a dearth of main event performers on the roster and they have to drag things out.

Taken as is, the Kane saga is fine theater because it's left many of us guessing at it's resolution, which is just want the company wants, obviously. I'm enjoying the subtlety of the program; Kane will always feature as a monster, even when portraying a good guy, and one can envision this program going either way. Yet, he bounces back and forth between supporting Rollins and scheming against him.

Undertaker? Much as I'd like to see him outside a WM concept.....even in a non-wrestling skit.....the Kane project doesn't really need him; Kane is perfectly capable of selling the eventual break from Rollins and the Authority all by his lonesome.

If WWE are looking to take J&J Security or HHH off TV for a few weeks then it would be more beneficial for it to be Kane that does it himself rather than his brother helping him and then disappearing.

Perhaps run a few vignettes of Kane going back to Death Valley and Undertaker slapping some sense into him, but other than that I don't see much reason for Undertaker to be involved.

Kane is perfectly capable of selling the eventual break from Rollins and the Authority all by his lonesome.

see, im not sure about this. when i compare it to, say, batista's face turn away from Evolution, this storyline is terrible. we've already seen Kane chokeslam Rollins and J&J all over the place, on several occasions now, I think he should continue to put his job over his heart for the time being and Undertaker would be the perfect way for him to snap out of it and regain his former glory or whatever... I can't see it happening, but it's better than Kane deciding on his own for me

I doubt Taker would show up in this angle. It would be cool though, especially since HHH and Taker got history too.

I'm waiting for the inevitable face turn with Kane. I just hope they pull it off soon because it's only a matter of time before Brock returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back