• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KANE

I'm still thinking that Kane is actually a sleeper agent for the Wyatt Family. Get in close, become trusted, then turn on The Authority in spectacular fashion. But either way, Kane has proven time and time again that no matter what seemingly awful angles he gets handed, he can make them work. He's that damn good.

I don't really care what they do with him. He almost always finds a way to entertain no matter what role he is put in.
As long as they don't have him feud with the Big Show again I'm fine.

He would look pretty bad ass if he added some sunglasses and black leather gloves with the suit.

I think this has only one conclusion.
HHH/Steph must think that eventually,
ending "The Streak" will be best for business.

Seeing a corporate Kane can in the end be what eventually brings Undertaker back.
mix that along with the creepiness of the Wyatts.
My only question is,When does the deadman return??

Well it breaks his usual cycle. So I like it. He's being doing the same character cycle for about 15 years now. I'm interested and I think Glenn Jacobs can pull it off.

Okay Kane has been the big red monster for so long now and I am a very big Kane fan but I personally am happy he is doing something different. When people thought he was going to the Wyatts and would possibly change they were excited but now that he has changed but in the opposite direction its a horrible thing. I understand your opinions but like "the american bad ass" his old school look and character will come back and I think him playing this role may be a good thing. I did say May. He is a very intelligent man and may get to showcase it more like this.

I'm still thinking that Kane is actually a sleeper agent for the Wyatt Family. Get in close, become trusted, then turn on The Authority in spectacular fashion. But either way, Kane has proven time and time again that no matter what seemingly awful angles he gets handed, he can make them work. He's that damn good.

I think this will also happen. I've no idea how this might come around but I have a feeling it's gonna set up a major feud between the Wyatt's and The Authority in 2014

I'm going to hold off on an opinion until he actually does something. He was just standing there.

I'm waiting to see if he is a monster and attacks people for Triple H, or if he's just head guy #2 in the "Authority"

If somebody had have told me back in '98 that Kane would someday go corporate and start wearing a suit I would never have believed them, nor would I have appreciated such a change of character. But now, in 2013, I totally get it.
Here's a guy who has been around now for the best part of twenty years and who has been on television for the majority of that time (his few breaks aside). As is the case with any wrestler, sooner or later the act begins to grow stale and requires reinvention to maintain our invested interest (this is at least true with more limited workers).
As anyone who has followed WWE for as little as a year or two can attest, Kane has constantly been tweaked and has turned face/heel more times than I can think of. But now, for the first time since he origionally unmasked, he is going to play somewhat of a different character from what we are used to seeing.
When he came out looking like 'JBL' on Monday night, I was genuinely impressed by the creative decision to go ahead and unleash what I am dubbing 'The Corporate Machine'. When he handed his mask to Stephanie last week I assumed that we were gonna get the same old unmasked Kane from last time but instead we were treated to something which has created all new potential for a guy who has been dwindling for the past few years.
That's two weeks in a row now that Raw has been ridiculously consistent, another two plus a good Survivor Series and I might just have to buy myself a lottery ticket

I actually kind of liked it... it would be cool to see Kane as the nº2 guy to HHH... kind of reminded me of Mr. X from Streets of Rage / Bare Knuckle for all of you 80's kids who played Sega Genesis :)

on the main page there is a breaking news story from Michael Coles weekly interviews with Triple h that Kane is now the new director of operations.

I like Kane's new persona as the “Managing Supervisor” of WWE. if you've seen Glen Jacobs talk out of character you know he's very articulate. I think he will play a good business man and enforcer for the Authority. If it doesn't work he can always revert back into the Old Kane. I'm sure the fans will pop if he gives Triple H a choke slam.

Kane has been my favorite superstar for pretty much all my life, and I have to say this new tweak to his character is completely out of character for him. It's like they went from one extreme to the other, from the humor based Team Hell No all the way to him being a corporate man, which completely goes against his character over the years. He's supposed to be a monster that loves chaos and destroying order. And it's like they just want us to forget how resistant he was against the Corporation in the past. In the end I guess I would have been more alright with this "Corporate Kane" if they just used him to take out people like the Big Show. Not just wander down to ring side and looks blank, like any other corporate bad guy.

Kane has been a great worker for many years. I think this new role is the beginning of the end of a nice career. I could be wrong but I think the days of Kane being on tv in the ring every week and on each PPV are gone and that we're closer to seeing someone who is on the HHH/Undertaker/Lesnar schedule of performing. And I'd be ok with that. He's earned it.

After having given enough time to actually give this version of Kane a chance, I have realized that I like Kane in this role. It's something different. As much as I liked him as the big red monster or as one half of Team Hell No, Director of Operations Kane is an enjoyable authority figure. Sometimes change is good and Kane needed some change. There was nothing left for him to do, honestly. Now that he is under this persona he should remain an authority figure for a while. I'd even want him to fully replace Vickie. She needs to go. He can keep the Director of Operations title, but I'd much rather it be Kane making matches and announcements than Vickie. He's good on the mic and can work a match if needed, unlike many onscreen authority figures over the years. I hope Kane remains in this type of role for a bit.

It's still early in it's creation, hasn't been given much of chance to use his character except overseas.

I really think everyone should really just hush and wait for him to bring this character to life.

With this new corporate Kane now on our TV does anyone else think it's just odd having a "suit" with one name? "Kane"

I kind of think that it would be a bit more sinister and psychological if he forced people to start calling him Mr. Jacobs. (or some fake "suit" name, even though Glenn Jacobs sounds like a corporate dude)

With the exception of Triple H, Steph and Vince who would still call him Kane or start calling him Glenn.

I could see him bullying someone into an unfair match and then the person pleading "but, Kane", he snaps, turns into the monster, does his infamous uppercut.

"MY NAME IS MISTER JACOBS"

Ideas on this? Should he stay as Kane or would the name change suit the suit? ;)

"MY NAME IS MISTER JACOBS"

Ideas on this? Should he stay as Kane or would the name change suit the suit? ;)

This could be an interesting route for them to take. Now that Kane is the Director of Operations, having corporate Kane begin demanding others use his real name would help him be a better authority figure. He's still able to work a match if he needs to, but more focus can be placed on him as the Director of Operations and a possible replacement for GM's who have run their course (looking at YOU, Vickie!). I like this version of Kane so far, I'd want to see him get a chance at a GM type of position onscreen even after The Authority and the best for business angle ends. Have him want to be called Mr Jacobs and he then demands respect from the wrestlers as well as the crowd. There's your new heel GM.

This could be an interesting route for them to take. Now that Kane is the Director of Operations, having corporate Kane begin demanding others use his real name would help him be a better authority figure. He's still able to work a match if he needs to, but more focus can be placed on him as the Director of Operations and a possible replacement for GM's who have run their course (looking at YOU, Vickie!). I like this version of Kane so far, I'd want to see him get a chance at a GM type of position onscreen even after The Authority and the best for business angle ends. Have him want to be called Mr Jacobs and he then demands respect from the wrestlers as well as the crowd. There's your new heel GM.

I think WWE's original plans were for Kane to become GM and have Maddox and Vickie demoted to Kane's assistant but it's on hold or just gave up.

One thing I'd like to see is this, Cena wins both titles at TLC, Triple H and Steph become frustrated with Orton and the WWE in it's entirety and go on on extended vacation, leaving Kane "in charge" of WWE for the rest of january.

Kane does the most horrific, demonic job of running WWE which cues in VKM to call Kane, Triple H and Steph into question for their crappy job running WWE which will begin the Triple H vs Vince story for Wrestlemania

I think WWE's original plans were for Kane to become GM and have Maddox and Vickie demoted to Kane's assistant but it's on hold or just gave up.

One thing I'd like to see is this, Cena wins both titles at TLC, Triple H and Steph become frustrated with Orton and the WWE in it's entirety and go on on extended vacation, leaving Kane "in charge" of WWE for the rest of january.

Kane does the most horrific, demonic job of running WWE which cues in VKM to call Kane, Triple H and Steph into question for their crappy job running WWE which will begin the Triple H vs Vince story for Wrestlemania

Well, I guess that'll never happen now will it?

Oh well....That's WWE creative to ya! Or maybe it will, although in a different sort of way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back