Who should "retire" Kane?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Whether you think Kane has been around for too long or not, there is no denying that the end of his career is probably in sight. But the question is, what would be a good way to finish it?

- Undertaker: This could be meaningful if Undertaker had a full time schedule, but since Undertaker himself probably won't be around for that long, I'd rather not see this happen.

- The Authority: Kane ultimately turns on the Authority (or vice versa) and pays the price for it, either being decimated by someone like Rollins or losing a retirement match.

- Bray Wyatt: I kind of want to see this, but it would take some amazing booking. There is a rumor that Bray will take on Taker at Wrestlemania and presumably go over him, possibly putting Taker down for good. It would be fitting if he moved on to destroy Taker's brother, Kane. That would be a good way to put Bray in the main event scene.

- Daniel Bryan: For this to work, it would have to be VERY soon as I don't want to see another Bryan/Kane feud. Admittedly this would be tricky as Bryan is too much of a face to injure Kane, so it would have to be some sort of retirement match.

But what do you think? How would you "retire" Kane?

I always thought Kane was deserving of a grand entrance at WrestleMania, akin to one on par with Undertaker. That of course would better serve in his 'Big Red Machine' character as opposed to Corporate Kane (or as I lovingly think of him, Citizen Kane). What does this have to do with who retires Kane? Well, it bridges the gap with someone I think is somewhat of a reach for this honor; Finn Balor.

If Kane has another year in him, I'd like to see him in a feud with Finn going into WrestleMania 32 in Dallas, with careers on the line. This could be Balor's first major singles match on PPV. Give Kane an epic entrance, followed by Balor, who just overshadows said epic entrance with an epic entrance of his own, and Kane puts him over.

I'm sticking with WM32 as a retirement date, because I'm confident that it will be the last match of Undertaker as well. Seeing the Brothers of Destruction leave together for the last time in front of 80K+ would be an otherworldly sight I wouldn't soon forget.

I'm not saying anything groundbreaking when I say that Kane is way past the point of retirement. His character is no longer feared as it was when he was pertinent, he looks lethargic in the ring, can barely get someone up for a chokeslam, and constantly botches moves and bumps in the ring. Personally, I have never been a fan of Kane, but given his time in WWE, his departure does deserve to be recognized. Who knows where storylines will go between now and WM 32, but in a perfect world, I would love to see Kane in a program with the Undertaker. Seeing that next year's WM is in Taker's home state of Texas, maybe do something where the Authority somehow makes the "Brothers of Destruction" compete against each other, and add a stipulation (i.e. - casket match or the loser must retire).
Casket match: Taker goes over, but after the match, Paul Bearer's voice comes over the speakers, druids come out with the flames and another casket, Taker climbs in, and they are both pushed to the back together.
Loser retires match: You could go either way with this one, but an interesting twist (and highly unlikely) could be an absolute battle between the two, Kane gets the upper hand, and has Taker down for the 3 count. But he stops for a moment, looks to the heavens, says something to Paul Bearer, lays down next to Taker, draping their hands over each other, and they both get pinned.

Thoughts?

Or they can maybe have the Brothers of Destruction reunite as a Tag Team and take on whatever tag team is most relevant.

I have loved Kane for a long time, but at this point, his career is almost over. He is a corporate stooge, a puppet of Authority, loses almost every match he is put in and the only thing he successfully does is interfere in a match.

I almost feel sorry for Kane because he has been one of the most consistent superstars over the last 18 years of his career. He was never too flashy or anything but always a safe worker who could work anywhere on the card. Even after years of lethargic booking, he was able to survive and reinvent his character and always remained a threat. However, in last year or so, since he became corporate Kane, that part of his character is gone. He is just an angry management guy who seems to make life hell for good guys and gets beaten everytime he sets foot in the ring. I want to see him go out with a bang. So, as someone suggested, the best way would be to turn on Authority at some point and go out in a retirement match against may be Rollins or some other up and comer like Barrett. And as much as it hurts me to say, Kane will never be in the same league as Undertaker simply because how the character has been treated over the years.

Since WrestleMania in recent years have been about elevating younger talent - Miz (WM 27), Cena (WM 29), Bryan (WM 30), I'd say have him put the mask on and turn him face and have him go after the WWE WHC, title vs. career as the main event of Summerslam.

should have been Lesnar at Summer Slam or maybe MITB or RAW or something but it should have been Lesnar after he took out the Undertaker

Casket match: Taker goes over, but after the match, Paul Bearer's voice comes over the speakers, druids come out with the flames and another casket, Taker climbs in, and they are both pushed to the back together.
Loser retires match: You could go either way with this one, but an interesting twist (and highly unlikely) could be an absolute battle between the two, Kane gets the upper hand, and has Taker down for the 3 count. But he stops for a moment, looks to the heavens, says something to Paul Bearer, lays down next to Taker, draping their hands over each other, and they both get pinned.

Thoughts?

That is a lovely ending. Defeat Kane, his younger brother. Too long has Undertaker battled and it's time to put an end to all of this. Climb into same casket. Casket somehow explodes, ignites and catches on fire. Casket dismantles and is empty.

RIP

:worship:

Thoughts?

I would mark the fuck out for that.

Maybe creative should read this forum from time to time, epic idea and PB from beyond, colour me in for the rest of the PPV just on that.

How about Dean Ambrose? Kane's eventual departure from The Authority will lead to a return of the masked monster. Being kicked out of or feuding with the Authority makes for a pretty easy babyface turn. No matter how over Ambrose is, down the line there is a HUGE heel run waiting for him. These two could have a solid and physical match/feud with great interaction and promos. Ambrose puts down the monster and goes on claiming to be the new monster of WWE. Retiring Kane is something Ambrose could brag about for years.

I don't feel sorry for the guy and as far as I'm concerned, Kane doesn't have to retire for years and years to come. Even deep into his fifties, he could still call up an occasional choke slam to enforce a policy and seem as intimidating as ever.

The idea is to have him transition permanently to his "corporate" role; without having to be stepping into the ring to engage in actual matches, as he's doing now. Of course, the Authority angle isn't going to last forever (hopefully) but the sequence with Sting last night shows how a man of age can still deliver high impact to the proceedings without having to sacrifice his body. It's all in the writing....and I believe Kane should have a job as long as he wants one.

He's still Kane, the guy I'd want protecting me if I were in trouble. Even when wearing that stupid suit.

Brock Lesnar should retire him. I've gone my whole life without seeing Brock vs. Kane and dammit I want to see it before the Big Red Machine retires.

When he ultimately retires, which I don't believe will be for quite a while yet, he and Taker should retire each other at Wrestlemania. Taker wins, but they both get up, and hug. Lights go out during the embrace and when they come back up both guys are just gone, never to be heard from again.

It should be Bryan, in a way similar to how HBK ended Flair's career. They were team Hell No, and that's about as close as Kane has to a perceived friend in the industry. To me, Kane is too good of a wrestler to go out as a victim of someone getting a push.
I have read that the main reason him and Big show are still around is because they love wrestling and like to help put over future stars.

Undertaker would be the obvious choice, but I don't think the two aging superstars could put together the caliber of match that Kane deserves to go out on.

It would be nice if it was a classic Kane gimmick match like a Casket, Inferno, or Buried Alive, but I don't know if they do those in the PG era?

And although I believe Kane is one of the greats, and that "he still has it", I'd like to see it sooner than later. Why? Because I want to see if Kane can actually do something politically. He is an avid libertarian, and gives speeches and blogs about human liberty.
I'd like to see if he would run for office, I would thoroughly enjoy watching the Big Red Machine giving speeches on the campaign trail, and interviews on cable news.

The Undertaker is the obvious choice & although it would make plenty of sense in terms of Kane's overall storyline, it just doesn't seem very likely at this point. Taker may not even wrestle again, let alone Kane & Taker haven't really even interacted with each other since their 2010 rivalry, which is pretty much completely forgotten at this point.

So right now, I'd say The Authority is the most likely candidate. I would rule out some younger guys like Bray Wyatt or Dean Ambrose but since Kane has been so heavily involved with The Authority & they ran the whole angle where he turned over his mask to Stephanie, the bosses putting Kane out to pasture just seems like the logical option. Also over the course of his career Kane has usually been brought in by someone, usually some sort of authority type figure: Jerry Lawler brought Dr. Issac Yankem in & Paul Bearer brought him in as Taker's brother. It would kind of make sense for a non-wrestler to sort of just relieve Kane of his duties.

I always thought Kane was deserving of a grand entrance at WrestleMania, akin to one on par with Undertaker. That of course would better serve in his 'Big Red Machine' character as opposed to Corporate Kane (or as I lovingly think of him, Citizen Kane). What does this have to do with who retires Kane? Well, it bridges the gap with someone I think is somewhat of a reach for this honor; Finn Balor.

If Kane has another year in him, I'd like to see him in a feud with Finn going into WrestleMania 32 in Dallas, with careers on the line. This could be Balor's first major singles match on PPV. Give Kane an epic entrance, followed by Balor, who just overshadows said epic entrance with an epic entrance of his own, and Kane puts him over.

I'm sticking with WM32 as a retirement date, because I'm confident that it will be the last match of Undertaker as well. Seeing the Brothers of Destruction leave together for the last time in front of 80K+ would be an otherworldly sight I wouldn't soon forget.

I'm almost 100% sure that you thought of this match just for Ballor to overshadow Kane with his entrance. It seems a completely odd pairing to me. I mean why specifically Ballor?

When he ultimately retires, which I don't believe will be for quite a while yet, he and Taker should retire each other at Wrestlemania. Taker wins, but they both get up, and hug. Lights go out during the embrace and when they come back up both guys are just gone, never to be heard from again.

This will happen if WWE suddenly becomes TV-Y7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back