Will James Storm Turn Heel?

Will James Storm turn heel?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Roode has recently been accusing Storm of being behind Aces and 8's... Storm appears to know something about the group. They're not attacking him for some reason. And I guess he fits the whole cowboy theme with the "dead man's hand" and all that lol

If we assume Jarrett is behind this, how does Storm connect to it? I mean JJ supposedly got Storm his job in TNA so is that why Storm is keeping his trap shut?

Storm isnt turning heel. This is gonna be like when WCW thought Sting was in the nWo. Storm will go as a loner, and as soon as Roode wins the belt back, Storm will win the BFG series and Storm will defeat Roode, who IMO will be a big part of Ace's and 8's with JJ.

Storm isnt turning heel. This is gonna be like when WCW thought Sting was in the nWo. Storm will go as a loner, and as soon as Roode wins the belt back, Storm will win the BFG series and Storm will defeat Roode, who IMO will be a big part of Ace's and 8's with JJ.

you know, i thought he might be but i think you may be right. turn him into that loaner "man with no name" cowboy and just always seem to be in the middle of trouble with out actually being a part of it. plus it is wrestling and since they seem to want us to think he might turn should be reason enough to assume he won't. they seem to like to do these types of heel turns out of nowhere.

I voted No. I agree that Storm is just the guy they want you to think will turn. He will be like Sting was to WCW when they thought he was joining NWO. Storm will presumably then go on to battle Ace's and Eights, but I think it would be cool if they added their own twist to this whole thing. In the end though I don't see Storm turning heel.

No. Storm is too over as a face currently to turn. They're just leading the fans on with this like as said before, Sting and the NWO. They might use an angle that Storm does know them but he's inevitably going to be against them at some point.

Storm will go up in the rafters and start wearing white face paint. Every once n a while, during a beat down, he'll drop down and lay people our with a baseball bat......oh wait....where have I seen this exact angle before? If it isn't JJ, I would hope that they swerve, no matter how little logic there is, and Roode and Sting are behind it.

Jeff Jarrett is behind Aces and Eights, there is no reason for Storm to turn heel, otherwise he will continue to be in Bobby Roode's shadow. The long widned payoff is coming for Storm to defeat Bobby Roode, possibly at Bound for Glory.
As for A&E, It will be interesting to see who Jarrett will have under the masks, whether he has recruited former WWE guys like Chris Masters, Matt Morgan who hasnt been seen for a while and guys of that ilk or whether they remain masked and Jarrett is revealed to have hired these guys to take down the guys who took his company away from him. I do not see how Storm would be brought in as an accomplise to Jarrett, makes zero sense and hopefully TNA are over putting together nonsensical storylines.........maybe. Kevin Nash has been quite vocal on Twitter though stating the nWo are reforming and coming back but he has not said where...Jarrett could be bringing his boys back like Nash and Steiner, even though it is obvious they arent under the masks at present, down the track they may well be.

Originally I thought that the reason Roode was saying Storm was behind it somehow or knows something about the group or whatever, would be because he knows who is the leader of the group. I hadn't thought about Jeff Jarrett as the leader, but I guess that makes sense. I thought that the link between Storm and Aces and Eights, would be that Wildcat Chris Harris was the leader of the group or something, as they were Americas Most Wanted, and that would be a logical link if he happened to know it was Chris Harris. I doubt that now, but initially that's what I was thinking. According to the WZ dirt sheets there are a bunch of ex WWE guys filling the roles, and besides that none of them have been named to be Chris Harris so I guess that's out the window. No, I don't think Storm Turns heel, in short.

A heel turn for James Storm at this time would completely derail all the progress TNA has made in establishing him as the company's top home-grown face. It would also throw a massive wrench in the obvious Storm/Bobby Roode feud TNA has been building since Roode took the belt last year.

Granted, right now the TNA World Championship has been removed from that equation -- and placed on the single best thing going in the entire company right now (Austin Aries -- but the Roode/Storm feud should be a go-to for TNA creative for a very, very long time. This is the kind of feud "legends" are built upon. Just think Tully Blanchard/Dusty Rhodes. That feud lasted years, with or without titles involved, and that's what TNA is capable of with Roode/Storm. I sincerely hope they don't undermine that possibility.

Meanwhile, I have no idea what TNA has up its sleeve for Aces & Eights. I can't express exactly how MUCH I hope people are misguided in their speculation that Jeff Jarrett is involved. Removing Jarrett from TV for the last however-many-months has been absolutely THE BEST DECISION TNA has made -- because it has freed up the main event space and air time which has since been dedicated to people like Storm, Roode and Aries.

Adding Jarrett back into the mix, especially in such an integral and main event way, would be not only unbearable in countless ways (at least to me), it would allow him to overshadow significantly more worthy competitors. I hope someone far younger and more talented is revealed to be heading Aces & Eights. This is yet another opportunity to really get a newer performer over.

C'mon, TNA, you've finally hit your stride in elevating homegrown performers into viable main event stars. Now's not the time to fumble.

When I first heard Roode accuse Storm I originally thought "What if Roode was right?" Could we see a turn with Roode going face and Storm going heel. It would be tough seeing how over they both our in their respective ways but it would have been a pretty interesting swerve. However after seeing the rest of the show and seeing how they all sort of became suspicious of Storm I don't think they're going to go that route. I'm not totaqlly sure who's behind it but I guess Jarrett makes sense. My only real hope is that they don't make this rivalry too much about Sting and Hogan and they make it more about Storm, Roode and Aries etc

No. But the clever thing TNA is doing before they ultimately run with James Storm vs Bobby Roode for the World Title at BFG is they are running a 'filler' storyline for the two, getting people to think they are not facing off in October. It's smart. They hot shotted the title onto a hot Austin Aries and are now using James Storm in an angle with Aces and Eights, while not losing interaction between Roode and Storm.

It's fantastic booking and I have no doubt over Roode/Storm headlining BFG. TNA are just 'outsmarting' the IWC, making them believe that Roode won't be World Champion at BFG and that James Storm won't win the BFG series.

Kudos TNA.

I doubt that Storm would turn heel at this point. I'm curious to see how far this storyline will go though. Like others have said, its reminiscent of Sting supposedly being a part of the NWO angle. Or for older fans, Luger joins the Million Dollar Corporation. But it doesn't seem logical to turn Storm heel; what would be the point? To take the title off of Aries? I don't see it. He continues to mention how he wants another crack at Roode, so we'll see how it all progresses.

I'd say that's exactly what is happening, I mean Roode must be involved as he accused Storm and the Ace's & 8's are deliberately making him look guilty, that can't be a coincidence and will add extra fuel to their match at BFG.

Turning Storm heel would probably be a big step backward right now. Since Roode won the TNA WHC last year, TNA has basically spent much of that time building Storm as the top face of the company. Hell, they built Storm as really the only guy to take the title from Roode before suddenly putting it on Aries, which is why I look for Aries to have a short run and drop the title back to Roode at the next ppv. I've got nothing against Aries, I'm a fan of the guy, but I think TNA is already losing some momentum with him by really having his program with Roode play second fiddle to Aces & Eights.

Right now, TNA needs a strong & fresh babyface TNA WHC contender and Storm fits the bill. AJ Styles is busy with his baby mama drama storyline, Anderson & Hardy both still strike me as damaged goods that I have little to no interest in right now, Sting & Angle have been there so many times that it feels tired and stale with them. There's really nobody else left at this time that's at that level, certainly none of the "homegrown" TNA guys right now.

Storm being involved with Aces & Eights is close to impossible at this time because the accusations are already flying to Storm. Since Storm has been accused, by a Bobby Roode no less, that's pretty much a giveaway that he won't be involved.

I agree with pep3, TNA is doing so great with this angle, i hope they don't drop the ball by putting Bischoff or Hogan behind Aces and 8's, the Jeff Jarret thing i can pass, but with Storm, one of two things can happen, right now Roode is claiming that Storm is behind Aces and 8's, the same thing happened in the early 90's in the WWF (E) Tatanka was telling everyone that Lex Luger was joining Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Corporation, and it was Tatanka all along the one who was joining the group, the same can happen here, or the other one, that Roode might be right, and Storm might actually be behind Aces and 8's, and Storm can definitly deny it for a period of time, and he will somehow gets a shot at Austin Aries, Roode can be somewhere near the ring, like doing commentary or something, and the tipical thing will happen during the match, the referee will get knocked down, Aries can't get the 3 count, then he goes to check on the referee, hit Aries with a chair or something, Roode goes to the ring to try and stop Storm, then Aces and 8's show up, beat up Roode and Aries, leave and the referee recovers as Storm is pinning Aries, gets the belt, shock the world, and that will start a 3 way feud with the typical good vs evil vs loner, i know that everyone, including my self want to see Storm as the Face and Roode as the heel, but sometimes you got to think outside the box, and a 3 way feud can be something refreshing, at least in my opinion.......

cant see a Storm heel turn. it would make little sense and it would be a quick mystery. my guess is they let this on for a month, then reveal it's NOT Storm. i still suspect it's Jarrett as he can claim that Hogan is running "his" show, Sting took "his" hall of fame spot and of course Angle took "his" job, among other things he can call wrong with all 3 of them.

as for Storm, i still expect him to win the world title unless they (TNA) loves Aries so much that they dont have the Roode vs. Storm title match, but my expectation is that Roode regains the title, Storm wins the BFG series and beats Roode for the title getting his payback.

i dont see him turning heel and joining aces and eights. i just think this is roode using the aces and eight's to turn everybody against storm. if anything i would say roode is working with aces and eights and the beat down he took the other week was just a swerve to make you think he was not in on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back