Who Will Be The Bigger Star?

Who will be the bigger star?

• Bobby Roode

• James Storm

• Austin Aries

Results are only viewable after voting.

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
Will it be Bobby Roode. He's current the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. His reign in my opinion, has been nothing but great. However, his upcoming match at Lockdown against Storm could be the end. Plus, he's a pretty young guy with many more years to come. Will it be him?

Will it be "Cowboy" James Storm? Storm right now is the mainstream face of TNA even if that title should have belonged to AJ Styles by now. Storm has a lot of charisma and is pretty good in the ring as well.

Or will it be the Internet Sensation, A Double, Austin Aries? Aries has been nothing but great in keeping the X-Division relevant and is the youngest of the three. Will he be the bigger star?

These three stars are what TNA should be building around. Plus you have guys like Hardy, Angle, Morgan, and Bully Ray. There's no reason TNA shouldn't be better than they are right now.

In my opinion, this is going to be Austin Aries. Despite his size, I think he'll be one popular guy and can be the guy to make appearances outside of TNA much like the Miz has done. Second would be the Cowboy James Storm followed by Bobby Roode.

Aries.

He's youngest, very talented and isn't already in the world title picture. They have more time to tweak his character and to improve him whereas they don't with Storm or Roode.

Roode is a great champion for them right now but that's just it, he's at the peak and is the top guy right now, I don't see how he can get much bigger in TNA's current state. If they grow then yes he could grow, but right now it's not likely.

The same things I said for Roode basically apply to Storm except the world title isn't on him and that could elevate him higher if done right.

My list goes, Aries, Storm, Roode. They should be putting a lot more time and focus in to Aries as he's got the biggest room to grow in to a huge star for them.

As much as I like Roode and Storm, I think Aries is just getting started. He's the reason I watch the current X division matches. Never saw him in ROH and the indies, and didn't think much of him when he returned to TNA. But he pleasantly surprised me from the start. He is a favorite among the IWC, and he's quickly moving into main event status. Aries just might overtake the later by years end.

Austin Aries.

Look, Roode/Storm is one of the better feuds that TNA/IW's put on in recent memory. But at the end of the day, when the gate receipts are counted, when the overnights come into the network, Bobby Roode and James Storm just aren't that exciting. They don't make people linger on the channel when they're flipping through. They aren't going to draw anyone who isn't already drawn. Sucks because I'm entertained by the guys, but those two aren't guys who raise the level, they hold it where it is.

Austin Aries has that 'it' factor you don't see often. I liken him to Chris Jericho before we all got familiar with him. He interacts with a crowd without pandering to them. When Austin Aries talks, he either makes people want to keep listening or want to physically shut him up, which is just as good. I doubt he's signed long-term to TNA/IW, as when he signed he didn't have much present value with the company, but I do bet they'll press him to sign long-term well before his contract is up. If he's physically healthy Austin Aries could have a great run in the WWE, and let's be honest with each other- you don't bust your ass in the indies dreaming of being a star for the distant #2 company.

If given the opportunity, it's Aries, by a mile IMO.

As Rayne already so eloquently put it, he has all the things you need to be a star — charisma, the right gimmick and the ring skill to back it all up. He has the "it" factor, despite Bobby Roode's claims to fame.

Also, as Rayne noted, I liken him to Chris Jericho as well. Smaller in stature, but makes up for the majority of his physical limitations with superior mic skill, in ring technique and frankly, he sells like a big-timer — both offense and bumps.

I love James Storm, and Roode has jumped leaps and bounds himself, but neither man has the total package Aries does.

I believe that it will be A-Double for these reasons:
*He is the BEST on the mic in TNA right now(imo).
*Aries is exciting in the ring no matter who he is paired with.
*He is already in the main event and has been getting pushed very well.
*JAMES STORM will just go back into the tag team division, or he will stay at the upper-midcard.
*BOBBY ROODE will just pull a Christian asking for another match and will lose to the upper-midcard stars.
*PLUS, Aries reminds me of a young Jericho and is capable of doing a lot.

There's a reason Austin Aries is the greatest man who ever lived.

He's clicked with me as a midcarder in a way only Chris Jericho circa 1996 and CM Punk in his WWE debut have.

As far as who will be the biggest star of the three, it really depends. Talent alone does not equal a star, you really need to have the company backing you as well. If Austin Aries stays in TNA, I think Roode/Storm will be bigger. If Austin signs with WWE, no doubt in my mind A Double will be biggest.

As far as Roode and Storm go, it seems like TNA is trying to create two Shawn Michaels' out of the Beer Money split... and it seems to be working. I don't think we'll see a "bigger star" between the two, they're going to be kept as equal and opposites.

all 3 men have tons of potential without a doubt and are probably the future of this company as much as i like austin aries im gonna say james storm goes farthest why? because the fans LOVE him,hes a GREAT tag team wrestler so he could always form a tag team with someone again and become the fans favorite team, and with tna mainly being down south thats perfect for storms gimmick of a beer drinking,ass kicking redneck plus the fact hes damn good in the ring its clear there grooming him to be the face of the company.

easily a double austin aries is next the only thing hurting him is his size besides aj styles name someone else who came from the x divison and had tons of sucess after being done with the x divison? yeah i cant either but hes awesome in the ring and on the mic hes going far i think he will main event bound for glory this year espically if they do the BFG series again.

bobby roodes about at his best right now and thats the problem after storm beats him at lockdown whats he gonna do next? maybe they will prove me wrong but i think its all downhill for roode after storm takes the belt

No matter how great Aries or Storm is, Roode has the IT factor. He has the look. Roode has all the abilities, plus the looks, and this is why he will be the bigger star. Aries will come up there sooner or later, and Storm may stay up there.

Me and my grandma had a short discussion about this the other day. We looked at it like this: Roode is to Rock as Storm is to Stone Cold.

I have to go with Aries as well. Like Rayne & IDR pointed out, the overall ability is there should TNA decide to use it. He's been consistently enjoyable to watch and has the combination of charisma, mic skills and overall in-ring ability to be a big star.

Aries hasn't really had a memorable feud since becoming X Division Champion. In fact, the guys he's spent the last 6 months going against haven't been particularly interesting. Despite a lack of interesting feuds or opponents. Aries' ability has still been able to shine through. He's been able to make fans care and remain interested in what he's doing even though his programs as X Division Champion haven't exactly been the stuff that dreams are made of. In that sense, he sort of reminds me of The Undertaker as we all know what kind of rejects he's had to work with at various points in his career while still keeping fans interested.

Roode & Storm are both great, no doubt about that. Aries, to me, comes across as someone that's generally fresher with a younger vitality about him. Roode & Storm are a couple of guys that've been ready for the main event scene in TNA for at least a couple of years now and I'm glad to see that they've finally gotten pushes to that next level. If TNA decides to do it much sooner with Aries than they did with Storm & Roode, then there's just more potential there. We've seen Storm & Roode in TNA for nearly a decade, both are awesome, but they don't feel as fresh as Aries.

Reactions: IHW
I'm going to go with Roode he has all the tools to be massive in the wrestling industry, He is good on the mic, has the look, draws massive crowd response and is great in-ring. You just have to look at how much the quality of the main- event scene has developed since the beginning of his reign as champ. He reminds me a lot of the Mcmahon-Helmsley era HHH.

I'd prefer the biggest star be Austin Aries, but I have a small doubt inside of me that remembers about every person around his size to get a World Title run and how it annoyed me, like an AJ Styles run, and I can't see him ever reaching "that level", despite what it may seem like what will happen.

On the other hand, I still think Bobby Roode is incredibly talented and deserving of a major spot, so I think he could be the big name of the three. He's shown he can work at this spot and he seems like more of the type TNA likes.

It will not be Aries. His gimmick is an IWC favorite, but really not all that memorable considering sooooo many people do it. In the ring, he never sells and never tells an in ring story. It's why his best matches are either tag matches or against Bryan Danielson. It's why this is the most successful he's ever been despite being pushed pretty hard. Aries is an IWC perfect storm, jackass heel character, highspots, WURKRATEZ, but no real appeal to the normal people. Also, Aries looks more like a guy portraying a character than someone who actually is that character. Aries is 33, been a pro for almost 15 years. If he hasn't learned to sell by now, he won't. Aries is content with being old by the 10 percenters that his "Meltzer" style is a good thing. Which is dumb because he's never been a draw and that style has never been a draw either.

I'm going with Storm just because he's unique and his redneck persona will connect with more wrestling fans. You BELIEVE Storm's character. I think that if I were to go to a bar around Florida, there is a chance I'd see him there shootin pool and drinking a cheap beer.

Roode, I have nothing against, I just don't think he portrays his character quite as well as Storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back