• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Bryan get Backup?

CultOfPersonality123

The Winter Soldier
This isn't my usual "Would you push" thread. After tonight's RAW I was wondering if Creative will have someone help Daniel Bryan take on this new Corporation. Obviously some where down the line Vince could turn face to continue the feud with HHH or that could have been scratched. Anyway back to the focus. Big Show and Dolph Ziggler fought, were attacked, and beaten by the SHIELD. Due to their "comments" against Triple H they were put into those situations. If anyone else noticed a lot of the faces added to it and shook their heads when Orton and Triple H walked by. Do you think Bryan will get back up down the road or will he take them out one at a time. I don't know if it would take down the momentum from Bryan. I just thought it could be cool if Bryan got his own help but never added in if it would be a momentum loss. Anyway what do you guys think? Will Bryan be joined by Ziggler, Big Show, Mark Henry, etc. Do you think it would be a momentum killer for him if he did? And also, do you believe Vince will turn face and go back to feud with Triple H (ths is a little bonus question). Leave your opinion

i don't think he will get help, i think they will want to help him, since the 3 you mentioned has had their run in with the shield, and will want a piece of them, i don't think he will lose momentum, he is to over right now. as far as the vince/hhh feud, it would be cool if vince turns face to up against a heel hhh.

It seems like we do have a "New" Corporation. The McMahons, Triple H, The Shield, and the "Corporate Sellout" Randy Orton. I'm interested to see where this goes. As far as Daniel Bryan goes, he can either go "Stone Cold" or form a group of his own. Kane comes first in mind as a partner, but he'll be gone for a while. Maybe Dolph Ziggler and Big Show, since they expressed disapproval of what happened last night. Who knows...

I also noticed King's comment at the end of RAW "This is a dark day for WWE" I wouldn't be surprised if he is "punished" next week for his words against WWE.

I think DB would lose momentum if more people were added to his spotlight. This entire storyline is similar to the original corporation stoyline in the late 90s. Mankind and Rock. Rock was the "corporate champion" and Mankind was the "deserving champion" who was screwed.

I wouldn't be surprised if later on they pull off a stable against the modern corp, maybe a union like stable, that leads to WM30. I'm getting off topic here, sorry lol.

I think Triple H will turn face. I think he is just saying everything Vince wants to hear, and doing everything Vince wants done. I saw a comment in another topic here, that he picked Orton, a vicious and evil heel, to help fight Vince in the power struggle. That is what this all is, a power struggle.

Censorship vs. Freedom

I hope not, at least not at the beginning. I couldn't understand Bryan welcoming anyone to watch his back at this point. Where were you when I got screwed out of the title, why did you stand on the ramp while I got attacked in the ring...

One guy seemingly not involved is Punk. I think this is by design. Lesnar is everything HHH and Vince look for both kayfabe and in reality when imagining a champion. It's a logical progression for Lesnar to become involved in that storyline. This also means Punk being involved, as not only is he still after the Heyman guys, but he also personifies the "not the right look" as champion they're railing against.

If they slow play this, keeping the feuds separate, like how numerous members of the corporation could feud with different members of the roster without it really affecting the main storyline. If they build this right, they could make this about the indy guys vs the prototype WWE guys. It would give a way to break up the Shield without destroying the momentum of the individuals. Rollins could join Bryan/Punk, Reigns stays with the stable, and Ambrose goes on as an unaffiliated heel. A few NXT guys would work real well and would make interesting choices for allies in a war.

Nothing against Show, Henry, or even Dolph, but there is a possibility of a real Us vs Them storyline with the guys who have been told they are nothing but indy guys against the prototypical WWE wrestler. The timing of Cena's injury is perfect, as he's one of the prototypes and a logical heel and this can take place without him being tainted by it. Even with his return, if they continue with the rumored Cena/Taker match, they could keep him uninvolved with any of the participants until the blow off at Mania. This would also give the possibility of either Punk or Bryan going heel by turning "corporate" and setting up one of my dream matches, Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title at Mania.

I could see some of the guys who aren't used as much or feel like they have been neglected by the WWE as being people who might back him up like Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, and maybe Ezekiel Jackson. They could play the "I'm tired of not being on TV" angle.

I can see Punk being inserted in this program once his feud with Lesnar ends. Perhaps in time for Survivor Series. Punk and Bryan is too good of a duo to pass up to feud with Triple H, Orton, and McMahons. The programme almost writes itself and with Cena out until WM (possibly) the stories almost write themselves.

Can you image a Survivor Series Match feature Triple H, Randy Orton, and The Sheild vs. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and three other guys? Imagine how over Punk and Bryan will be at this point?

Maybe Heyman forms an alliance with Vince. Leading to maybe Orton/Lesnar vs Punk/Bryan. Or at Survivor Series Punk/Bryan/Ziggler/Henry/Show vs Shield/Orton/Axel. I wouldn't have Ziggler/Show/Henry as friends of DB, more as acquaintances with common enemies.

I would ultimately have Punk turn heel on Bryan. Him being so despirate to main event Wrestlemania.

Smart move by WWE including The Shield in this new faction. With the Wyatts coming to TV it seems logical that The Shield are involved in something different because there isn't a lot of room on Raw for The Shield, Wyatts and Vince/Trips/Orton operating seperately. Even them you have The Real Americans and 3MB to consider.

How cool would it be if The Wyatts slowly turned face around Survivor Series and teamed with Daniel Bryan. All those beards, a nice fit for each other :)

But speaking of Survivor Series, I cant see a 5 on 5 match as much as I would like it. WWE loves the title on the line and can't see anyone else but Orton or Bryan holding the title at this PPV. Bryan will be a lone wolf for the time being.

I'd have Bryan go it alone against the new Corporation. He's the perfect underdog with an indy background so him taking on the corporate side of the WWE is every IWC members wet dream. He also has the full backing of the casual adult fan and the kids. With Cena out for 6 months this is the perfect time for him to cement himself as the top babyface in the company.

I've read some reports online as to what happened after Raw. When it wet off the air, I was thinking as to who, if anyone, would come to Bryan's aid as it pertains to him being up against this new power structure. The reports I read reflected what I was thinking could happen as far as an alliance.

After the show went off the air, reports state that The Shield continued to attack Bryan before Big Show, Mark Henry and Dolph Ziggler came to his aid. They eventually rousted The Shield with all of them eventually hitting their finishers to send them packing. Now does this mean that some sort of faction is going to be formed in which they take on the power struggle? Not necessarily but it holds promise when you take a look at things.

Big Show & Mark Henry have a past history with The Shield and Show himself said on Raw last night that they were teaming up to go after The Shield. Dolph Ziggler was put it a 3 on 1 handicap match against The Shield for his comments "criticizing" Triple H for his actions at SummerSlam, as was Big Show later in the night. So, it's not out of the realm of possibility for Ziggler to challenge Ambrose for the US title, leaving Bryan & Orton in the WWE Championship picture. But, at the same time, maybe it's something that was done just for the post Raw fans last night and nothing will come of it.

At some point, however, I do see them forming some sort of an alliance, probably even an 8 man tag match on Raw in the near future.

Its pretty straight forward here. Bryan is the new Austin going against HHH as the new McMahon. Bryan and Orton will fight for the title in the next 2 PPV's. Survivor Series will see a classic 5 on 5 match with the Shield, Orton, and HHH vs. Bryan, Henry, Show, Ziggler, and one more person.

Also, I see HHH staying the heel and really using his power. To the point that Vince will start to question what he is doing. HHH will then try and get him out and Vince will turn face to have someone face HHH at WM30 for control. Bryan will be stuck with the #1 entry in the Rumble and win by eliminating a returning Cena by the way. It will end up Orton and Bryan for the WWE championship, Cena vs. Taker, and Punk vs. Lesnar 2.

A few weeks a go I read a thread here about the lack of long term storylines. Well I guess WWE was listening. Here it is and its going to be amazing.

I don't believe Bryan will be getting backup (at least initially), and he probably shouldn't.

The goal here is to make Bryan a mega-star... so needing help right away could be perceived as him being weak.

That said though, since they're going for the old Stone Cold anti-corporate push (or a variation thereof at least), I was a little disappointed in how RAW ended last night.

McMahon put Austin in similar situations many times, and one thing that especially helped Austin get over was how he was always able to stay a step ahead of McMahon and come out on top when he was put in those situations (usually by wrecking something with some type of vehicle).

Bryan just coming out to the ring during an obvious setup made him look a little dumb. Sure he fought valiantly, which was the point... but after taking away his moment a night before, I think smarter booking would be to give him some momentum back right away by having Bryan come up with a way to outsmart Triple H last night.

Dolph ziggler would be a great back up, it looks like he'll start feuding with the shield if dolph was like bryan's tag team partener imagine the pop they would get. i know the iwc would get behind them lol. but i would really enjoy ziggler helping bryan out. cause ziggler needs something to make him main event again

Raw was just great last night and while I know this storyline has only just started, I would put money on it being the best WWE have had in a long time. Bryan is majorly over at the moment and I expect him to bounce back next week and stick it to the New Corporation, or whatever it is they decide to call themselves. As far as backup goes, I can see WWE throwing A couple of superstars into the mix to help set up Matches at Night of Champions. The first and most obvious choice would be Henry and Show, Both guys want the Tag titles and with the Shield know part of the new HHH/Orton faction it only makes sence for them to get involved. The same can be said about Ziggler and after the beating he took this week at the hands of the Shield, Ziggler is going to want payback and can see it leading to Ambrose vs Orton for the US title. I can Also see Bryan, Show, Henry and Ziggler taking on Orton and the Shield in some sort of four on four match at Battleground and if it happens then I can see it being some sort of war games style match.

Yeah i could see Ziggler and DB working together and as said before if CM Punk could get in there as well it could lead to a EPIC Feud .

Id love to see him have a secret alliance with someone and seem to be getting help like getting into the arena or getting the jump on orton etc and maybe it turning out to be a double Turn.. Or maybe the return of Shane Mcmahon

Ziggler is the logical "first" ally, as he too has been "held back" by Triple H and the McMahon's. As it's clear the new "Evolution" will revolve around the Shield and Orton I think it kinda defeats the object using them if you add in Show and Henry, it's more logical to have them feud with the Wyatts first...

I think this was simple before the supposed "panel from hell" at Axxess - Flair comes in with Bryan and announces Ziggler, Cody and McIntyre as the new Horsemen. If Flair is in the bad books, then this could be a new "Kliq" with Shawn instead of Flair.

Ultimately this is gonna be a set up for Batista to return on D-Bry's team and take out Trips and co, perhaps the "mystery partner" at Survivor Series leading into a Mania match with either Trips, Orton or The Shield.

like i said in other articles, we are witnessing the transition of Daniel Bryan into the next version of Stone Cold.

There are so many similarities between Bryan chasing the title and Rock vs Austin.

Orton is the chosen one (ala Rock) and Bryan is going to topple him at some point (ala Austin). If the crowd stays with Bryan throughout this journey it is quite possible we'll have a new face of the WWE.

No back up needed here, he's gonna go on a crazy goat rage and just take out anything in his way IMO.

If he gets together with punk (I really want to say cesaro and chris hero) I would mark out like a little kid I'm not gonna lie. I don't see it happening though as they want another main stay top guy and they need to book him strong, this last weekend proves that they are willing to book him accordingly with him winning clean.

They have clearly put The Big Show and Dolph Ziggler on Bryan's side. Henry is likely to join and it is interesting to see where they go after that. With Cena and Sheamus injured; Punk feuding with Heyman and Jericho and possibly Kane absent there are few big name options.

I guess they can add the likes of RVD, The Miz and Cody Rhodes. Actually, Rhodes/Orton would be a great WWE title feud (talking about the brass ring and how Orton learned from HHH; whereas Rhodes has done nothing since legacy)

If Bryan is to get support it may not be from big names but it can still be entertaining with solid wrestling matches. If we are looking longer term then part-timers such a Jericho, Taker and The Rock will return plus Cena and Punk will be available giving this storyline a more convincing conclusion.

I think others have to be involved as it's 5 on 1 with potential for more guys to be added to Triple H's vision. This angle can work the way the old Corporation angle worked with not only Austin facing them, but DX and Foley, they weren't all buddies, they just had a common enemy and it elevated everyone. This angle is going to be red hot and they'd be silly not take full advantage of it to get more guys over.

The wild card for now is Punk, logically he would be the main guy to back Bryan as his very character is built off rebelling against Vince and Triple H and their vision of what a main eventer should look like, but right now with his tunnel vision being focused on Heyman they have a good reason for him to simply not get involved.

It seems like there's one guy that hasn't been brought up to defend Bryan. Logically might not be the most sense, but with Vickie/Maddox both heels he needs some power figure eventually behind him. He's not built like SCSA or the type of face that really would be working behind the Corporation's backs to get an advantage, he could not have the power to take down all 7 of them one by one.
RAW_989_Photo_001.jpg

Will Bryan get backup?

Yes...Sting will join the company and the two will battle Vince/Trip/Orton Corporation....until they bring in Taker to form the re-birth of the Corporate Ministry which will lead to Taker vs Sting @ Wrestlemania 30.

Undertaker will defend his WM undefeated streak as a heel...
Duh

I was just thinking about the next few months on RAW and even leading up into the next couple pay per views. Clearly the Corporate takeover angle is in full effect and Daniel Bryan is in the prime "Steve Austin" / DX arch-type spot. I was just wondering...who is going to be other top heels to set up for possible tag matches. Assuming the Shield will be the Corporations hired hands that leaves Orton/The Sheild/HHH vs. only D. Bryan.

With no Cena and no Sheamus and Kane being dragged into the depths of hell by the Wyatt clan who is going to stand next to Daniel Bryan in the near future?? Here are my top candidates.

Dolph Ziggler - I think if they waste much more time on this silly AJ Lee/Langston feud it is going to bury Dolph once again which is BS! He is clearly the top in-ring guy not named Punk or Bryan and he needs a good story line to get him involved. The only problem is...how does it make sense? Hard to believe Bryan and Ziggler being buddies.

CM Punk - This makes the most sense as he is already completely over with the crowd and has the "Indie" roots connection with Bryan. Not to mention a healthy hatred of McMahon and the way the organization works. The only problem here is that the Heyman angle is working so well and it's hard for me to believe they are going to just drop it! Hmmm?

Rob Van Damn - Another guy way over with the crowd and they could use his tumultuous past with the company as a plot point but his oncoming feud for the WHC with Del Rio seems to cancel that out.

I honestly have no idea what they have planned. It's intriguing. Good job WWE. Thoughts?? :wtf:

I honestly have no idea what they have planned. It's intriguing. Good job WWE. Thoughts?? :wtf:

I'm not one to usually comment on my own threads but do to this i feel like I should give my opinion on who I would like and think could back up D. Bryan. There are not many choices like you pointed out due to Kane, Cena, and Sheamus gone. I have 5 options as to who could back up Bryan in his fight against the Corporation.

1st. Ziggler: He "commented" on how unfair it was for Triple H to cost Bryan the title. He was attacked by the Shield in a 3 on 1 match this Monday. He has his reasons for backing up Bryan and it could possibly bring him back to the top instead of floating in mid cad.

2nd. Christian: Back when he first one the World title Teddy Long made him defend it the following Smackdown and he lost to Orton. When he won it back he was put into a No DQ match against Orton and then lost to him again when the match set up by Triple H. He has his reasons to go after the two of them and help out Bryan.

3rd. Rey Mysterio: I feel like Vince, Stephanie, and Triple H saying that Bryan couldn't be Champ due to his appearance. Mysterio could be an obvious ally to Bryan due to his appearance being the size he is. It would also give him something to do and help him get back to the top.

4th. Big Show: This is an obvious seeing as how he had stated he wants to take the titles from Rollins and Reigns. He was also beaten by them in a 3 on 1 match on Raw due to his "comments" about Triple H.

5th. Mark Henry: Another obvious choice to hep Bryan. He has had his issues with the Shield. And if anyone else noticed Monday Night when the superstars were on stage I was able to see him shaking his head when Bryan was attacked.

These are my five choices for Bryan's backup. R.V.D is about to get in a feud with A.D.R. CM Punk is still in his feud with Heyman and would have to wait 'till it's over to join up with Bryan. Thanks for the feedback all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back