Why Ryback Continues To Face Local Talents On Television

"FEED ME MORE" should become the next "WHO'S NEXT?!"

Ryback absolutely destroys someone and makes a big deal of screaming "FEED ME MORE"...and another jobber comes down to get beaten.

After a while the crowd would get into it and you have a T-shirt slogan right there. Just dont let fattys wear it.

Unless they do something of value with him soon, nobody is gonna give a shit about Ryback in a month or so.

Goldberg got fed jobbers until people grew tired of it and wanted him to face "real talent", low and behold when WCW fed him real talent, people were so excited the pops grew larger as did his popularity.

Just watch. Ryback is truly the next big thing. And I couldn't be happier about it.

Goldberg got fed jobbers until people grew tired of it and wanted him to face "real talent", low and behold when WCW fed him real talent, people were so excited the pops grew larger as did his popularity.

Just watch. Ryback is truly the next big thing. And I couldn't be happier about it.

Yep, next big thing, just like Bobby Lashley

Ryback sucks. I'm glad they're not feeding him real talent.

Your face sucks, Ryback fucking rules.

As for the OP... yeah, it's probably fake. The WWE probably doesn't want to completely squash their own guys because it pretty much kills any legitimacy they have. Hunico and Slater are threats because there's a chance that they might win, even though they never do. The guys that lose to Ryback don't even get a single punch in.

I'm sure youve all seen this??

[YOUTUBE]e7pYHYThxgc[/YOUTUBE]

Thats what i wanna see in a few weeks... Keep pilling on the jobbers!!

Ryback sucks. I'm glad they're not feeding him real talent.

Oh yea man, I can totallllyy see were you made that determination...What with all of the feuds, match time, and promo time he has been given. MORE than enough to make a proper determination that he sucks.

You know jmt loves his indy boys. Ryback doesn't move quickly enough, or keep a fast enough pace to be a jmt guy.

Yeah, which is why Cena is one of my favorite wrestlers. Such a high-flying, indy darling that John Cena.

Oh yea man, I can totallllyy see were you made that determination...What with all of the feuds, match time, and promo time he has been given. MORE than enough to make a proper determination that he sucks.

Sometimes you just know. It's like judging movie based on the trailer... yeah, there's an exception here and there where the movie totally surpasses your expectations, but more often than not you can tell whether or not you're going to like a movie based off the trailer alone. And right now, I'm under the perception that Ryback sucks, just as Mason Ryan sucks and Damien Sandow doesn't suck, despite not seeing much from either individual. Could I be wrong in all cases? Sure, but that's how I see things now, and I'm pretty confident I will be proven right in the upcoming months when Ryback has to do more than just toss midgets around.

Ryback does in fact suck, having watched him wrestle extensively in Florida. He's dangerously sloppy and always has been. It's fun to watch him squash midgets, sure, (I cannot wait to see him squash that raging piece of shit BLK Jeez from CZW on Smackdown this week), but as for whether he might have any legs to stand on as an actual roster member who participates in feuds and wrestles people actually employed by the company, I'd bet good money on "no" there. He's a novelty act, much like Brodus Clay and Santino. Good for a 2 minute match with the same old formula each week but stick him into an actual lengthy match or feud or angle and the odds of people giving a fuck are slim.

This isn't 1997. This guy isn't going to be the next Goldberg. He'd be lucky to be the next Paul Roma.

He doesn't need to wrestle lengthy matches. Have him bowl over midcard heels like they're nothing, let adequate headliners and workers hide his flaws in short, satisfying matches.

Whether you like Ryback or not, the guy is working. With every move he hits in a match, the reactions become louder and the Goldberg chants fade. I don't think he is the next Goldberg, I think he's better than Goldberg. Bill got piss ass reactions for the first couple of months, Ryback is getting people out of their seats because watching him decimate local performers is entertainingly brutal.

He doesn't need to wrestle lengthy matches. Have him bowl over midcard heels like they're nothing, let adequate headliners and workers hide his flaws in short, satisfying matches.

And that only works for so long man. See: Goldberg, or, any other big guy who did exactly what you're saying for awhile. Eventually that runs it's course and you HAVE to book them into longer feuds/matches where they'll actually have to do something other than hit a few power moves and look intense.

Whether you like Ryback or not, the guy is working. With every move he hits in a match, the reactions become louder and the Goldberg chants fade. I don't think he is the next Goldberg, I think he's better than Goldberg. Bill got piss ass reactions for the first couple of months, Ryback is getting people out of their seats because watching him decimate local performers is entertainingly brutal.

Okay no offense but this is a pretty silly statement to make when Ryback has literally wrestled 99.9% of his matches on Smackdown, the most heavily edited and canned wrestling show in existence today. The Goldberg chants are fading BECAUSE THEY'RE EDITING THEM OUT. They haven't faded at all, they get louder each week. And his reactions, even when being canned on Smackdown, are minimal at best. The fans care for about twenty seconds when he hits his finisher then they're ready to move on. There's absolutely no money to be made with a guy just squashing local jobbers every week.

And better than Goldberg? Come on. Go back and watch the Nitros from the Fall of 1997 when Goldberg debuted. He was over as fuck literally within about a month and a half. By the beginning of 1998 everyone already knew he was the next big thing in the company.

And that only works for so long man. See: Goldberg, or, any other big guy who did exactly what you're saying for awhile. Eventually that runs it's course and you HAVE to book them into longer feuds/matches where they'll actually have to do something other than hit a few power moves and look intense.
I don't think Goldberg's ring work is what did him in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back