• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why not Morrison?

Lol, his striking is terrible? I forgot John Cena has great striking. Punch, punch, punch, shoulder block, shoulder block. And John Cena's been using the same "comeback" for 5 years now. What does that say?

Yes, Cena is a good striker.

And yes, Cena has been doing the same comeback, and it still get's a reaction. Unlike Morrison's comebacks. There was what, 4 "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks," chant's. Was there one "Morrison," chant. No. You know why, fan's can't give two shit's about the guy unless he does some crazy obnoxious spot.

Cena eating fruity pebbles was way more entertaining then watching Morrison and his 5 spot's of fury.

I watched the match with Sheamus at TLC, it was a exceptionally good ladder match, considering the Sheamus played a monster heel and just tore apart Morrison to the point where Morrison had to sell!

Lol, this guy has to be trolling. No not trolling because you have a different opinion, but trolling because you make absolutely no sense. I'm not comparing Morrison to Cena in any way. Morrison is not on that level yet. Morrison does however have excellent in ring skill, not the greatest ever, but some nice wrestling. He can carry a match and has very good selling. What makes you think he can't sell? I don't understand? The whole night tonight he was selling the knee injury he got mid match.

I'm done arguing with ******s for the night though.

And yes, Cena has been doing the same comeback, and it still get's a reaction. Unlike Morrison's comebacks. There was what, 4 "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks," chant's. Was there one "Morrison," chant. No. You know why, fan's can't give two shit's about the guy unless he does some crazy obnoxious spot.

Yeah and guess what? No one is booing John Morrison or chanting against him either. And there's never been a "you can't wrestle" chant towards Morrison. How about that one? No one gives two shits unless he's doing a crazy spot? I guess that explains his pops every time he enters the ring. Or every time he wins. But whatever.

Lol, this guy has to be trolling. No not trolling because you have a different opinion, but trolling because you make absolutely no sense. I'm not comparing Morrison to Cena in any way. Morrison is not on that level yet. Morrison does however have excellent in ring skill, not the greatest ever, but some nice wrestling. He can carry a match and has very good selling. What makes you think he can't sell? I don't understand? The whole night tonight he was selling the knee injury he got mid match.

I'm done arguing with ******s for the night though.

I never said he can't sell.

I just am getting pissed of the at people are calling him one of the greated in-ring talen'ts in WWE, becuase he can do a cool spot or flip. Just get's me angry. He just so overrated.

Sure, Morrison can sell, but the odd's justify the mean's and he still won't get a main event push until he get's a personality.

Morrison is the future...his matches have consistently been the most entertaining over the past few years and the sky is the limit for him....Cena desperately needs to become a heel because his time as a face is coming to an end quickly....the little kids that are his main fans are growing up and like all of us will want more out of their wrestlers like creativity in the ring and new gimmicks.

Yeah and guess what? No one is booing John Morrison or chanting against him either. And there's never been a "you can't wrestle" chant towards Morrison. How about that one? No one gives two shits unless he's doing a crazy spot? I guess that explains his pops every time he enters the ring. Or every time he wins. But whatever.

Reason why Cena get's the obnoxious, over the top stupid, worst chant ever "you can't wrestle" is becuase those fan's don't know what a good wrestler is. Cena is a example of a good wrestler. Of course, he's not a indy darling or a heel, but a top babyface, so they hate him. Cena also does not do elaborate spots, because, as we know from ROH, "spots are good, durrrrr." And serious, how many of those people who can't "you can't wrestle" would even be able to take a bump or throw a strike, how about 0! That's why I hate that chant. Just so stupid when their fat, in the 30's, and have never felt a women's touch besides their mom's and think a professional wrestler can't actually wrestle.

As I said before, his pop's are that of an average midcarder, nothing to be gloating about.

Seriously, what's with the apostrophes. Those apostrophes. Usually, I only see that when a German native speaker (like myself) thinks he's being overly smart by using them all the time, even for plurals, just because they think "that's what you do in English, right?" - so dude, it's really painful to read. Lay off the apostrophes when it comes to plurals. You don't use them there.

But in any case, your grammar is not my concern. As far as your points on John Morrison are concerned: I don't really agree. I actually like the guy. But I'll give you this, he is not particularly great on the mic. However, that to me means precisely one thing: In the Attitude era, he wouldn't ever have cut it. Back then, it was ALL about promos. The matches especially on the main event level, more often than not, were brawls fueled by the "hatred" the contestants had established beforehand by way of their (great) promo work.

However, this is the PG era, and the whole WWE product is geared towards a more kid-friendly approach. And in all honesty, I do believe children will not put as much attention to a spot-on delivery of witty one-liners as they will put attention on what is shown in the ring. And if I think back now - I believe that if I were seven, eight, nine years old again, I probably would be entertained more by Morrison's spots and stellar athleticism in the ring than I would be entertained by a great CM Punk or Chris Jericho promo, since that aspect of the entire wrestling concept I feel is much more important to the adult watchers. So, given the current direction of the WWE product, John Morrison IS a very valuable asset to them, just like Jeff Hardy was - since this type of "flashy-in-the-ring" character can also work for kids, even if they are not that great on the mic. Of course, ideally you'd need a good deal of both things, decent in-ring work and decent promo work, to make it big. Right now, JoMo is definitely lacking in the promo department, but his in-ring stuff makes up for a lot, especially in today's WWE environment. If he can work on his promo stuff, he could really make it quite far.

Reason why Cena get's the obnoxious, over the top stupid, worst chant ever "you can't wrestle" is becuase those fan's don't know what a good wrestler is. Cena is a example of a good wrestler. Of course, he's not a indy darling or a heel, but a top babyface, so they hate him. Cena also does not do elaborate spots, because, as we know from ROH, "spots are good, durrrrr." And serious, how many of those people who can't "you can't wrestle" would even be able to take a bump or throw a strike, how about 0! That's why I hate that chant. Just so stupid when their fat, in the 30's, and have never felt a women's touch besides their mom's and think a professional wrestler can't actually wrestle.

As I said before, his pop's are that of an average midcarder, nothing to be gloating about.

Your kind of being a hypocrite for calling out the fans that chant cena sucks and you can't wrestle when your doing the same thing about Morrison.

Also the creative team books Morrison to wrestle the way he does. I'm pretty sure if they wanted Morrison would be able to do any of the moves Cena does lets see the 5 knuckle shuffle oh no thats too difficult how about shoulder block or a firemans carry oh my god those are so difficult.

They're called fans you idiot. Being a fan is admiring the charisma, the risk wrestlers go through for our entertainment.
Now your being such a BIG hypocrite bro if you honestly think Cena is better than Morrison you must be eating to many Fruity Pebbles.!!
If Morrison wasn't talented WWE would have let him go a long time ago.!!
I agree with the fact that maybe his gimmick or mic skills needs an improvement but his in ring ability is AMAZING. His moves show you his dedication to the company.

They're called fans you idiot. Being a fan is admiring the charisma, the risk wrestlers go through for our entertainment.
Now your being such a BIG hypocrite bro if you honestly think Cena is better than Morrison you must be eating to many Fruity Pebbles.!!
If Morrison wasn't talented WWE would have let him go a long time ago.!!
I agree with the fact that maybe his gimmick or mic skills needs an improvement but his in ring ability is AMAZING. His moves show you his dedication to the company.

Yes, oh hell yes Cena is way better than Morrison, a whole hell of alot better. Why esle do you think Cena's been a multiple time champion and top face for the last 6 years.

MOVEZ don't matter that much in WWE. Sure, you may do a cool flip here and there, but that's not gonna make you a champion of a top guy. You can mention Jeff Hardy, but he got lucky in the sense that fan's loved him, Morrison, it's not the same. Sure, he get's midcarder pop's, but until he get's Cena or Orton pop's, he's stuck in midcard hell.

Your kind of being a hypocrite for calling out the fans that chant cena sucks and you can't wrestle when your doing the same thing about Morrison.

Also the creative team books Morrison to wrestle the way he does. I'm pretty sure if they wanted Morrison would be able to do any of the moves Cena does lets see the 5 knuckle shuffle oh no thats too difficult how about shoulder block or a firemans carry oh my god those are so difficult.

I never said Morrison can't wrestle. And if I did, I apologize. If he can do a simple bump, strike, or hell, a verticle suplex, he can wrestle. If your a professional wrestler, you can wrestle to an extent no matter what. Sure, some guy's take exception, like Khali, but he's big, it's not his fault.

I'm just stating the fact that people are saying the Morrison is the best in-ring talent today and it's basically wrong IMO. He's a ninja with no personality, who is loved becuase he can do a cool spot or move.

I never said Morrison can't wrestle. And if I did, I apologize. If he can do a simple bump, strike, or hell, a verticle suplex, he can wrestle. If your a professional wrestler, you can wrestle to an extent no matter what. Sure, some guy's take exception, like Khali, but he's big, it's not his fault.

I'm just stating the fact that people are saying the Morrison is the best in-ring talent today and it's basically wrong IMO. He's a ninja with no personality, who is loved becuase he can do a cool spot or move.

Honestly, you've gone from saying Jomo is nothing but a ninja that can't sell, get a good reaction and can't wrestle to "I've always said he could take a bump" and "I never said Morrison can't wrestle". Stop contradicting yourself and think about what you post before you post it.

I also want to say that that this is someones opinion, you can't say it's wrong because you don't agree with it.

Not 2 get in yall beef, but jomo do some amazin shit and the average dude cant do man 4real. Cena cool but if yall basin them on skills jomo run circles around em and i dont think cena can stand on the same side of the street as him. Forget a interview me personally watch wrestlin 2 see a history makin match not watch 2 oiled up men argue

First time poster here, Morrison has definitely proven that he can put on a hell of a show, just look at his performance tonight, I don't think there is anybody else on the roster that can do what he can. Now I am not trying to take anything away from him because I believe he deserves to be in the main event, but the only time Morrison gets a reaction from the crowd is when he is doing something like climbing the roof of the chamber, but other then that he really does no get much of a reaction. As much as I would have liked to see Miz vs Morrison at Mania', Miz vs Cena will get a better crowd reaction because Cena is the face of the WWE.

Why couldnt they have gave that Raw Rumble to Morrison. Why give it to Jerry when everyone knows hes not going to win. So why can't they have Morrison win, face Miz at the Chamber. So for now it looks like nothing is going for Morrison at Mania now, because hes not going to win in the chamber, so I just dont get why they couldnt give him this one tonight. Somone in the back must really hate Morrison.

What are your thoughts?

Well, it's BECAUSE Morrison doesn't look weak. If he faced the Miz what would happen? He'd lose. And cleanly. Miz needs a clean win. What would that do for Morrison? Absolutely nothing. In the chamber match he was a fuckin' superstar. He climbed the god damn CAGE!! Plus it was logical too, the guy shattered his knee on the glass and he was pretty much tortured but still put on a strong showing in the match. Sure he was eliminated but he still went out with style right? His chance will come don't worry. I mean he has a win streak against SHEAMUS for fuck's sake. 2011 is Morrison.

EDIT: Now if he can only use the Nitro Blast...

I didn't watch the Chamber match so this is an outsider looking in opinion,

I'm pretty pissed Cena won AGAIN. Most of us saw this coming. A lot of people were cheering for Morrison but knew he wouldn't win. It's the same thing again for Wrestlemania, Cena wins the main event. Miz won't win because Wrestlemania is all about the fireworks and babyface winning ending.

Back on Morrison;
Morrison does a GREAT JOB in gimmick matches. He's all over the place and great to watch. He makes me want to take up Parkour but I know I'd break my face the 2nd or 3rd jump. You never know what he'll do next. In regular matches, he's still fun to watch but not as good. The ring limits him and his abilities (there is only so much you can do with a few posts and ropes). I know he'll get that main event push in the near future, probably Summerslam-ish. Till than, more Superman Cena and the same crap.

A lot of you, me included, are pissed off about how much John Morrison puts into his matches, and how little he seems to be getting in return. He lost last night at the EC after, from what I've heard, stealing the show (along side with Punk)

So How’s about this (See what I did there)

WM starts off with the MITB Ladder Match, I'm not sure is this is completely on-board or off, but for the sake of my thread it's starting off the show, John Morrison wins. Yay! Later in the night right before the bell rings to start off Cena vs. Miz (though it would be heartbreaking to ruin what would obviously be the best match of the decade), Cole does his thing and get's his heat for the night with the whole l have a message from the general manager, and he quotes, "this match is now a triple threat match." With that he closes the lap-top and sits down, King, Cena, and Miz play their part as the baffled subjects who have no idea what's going on, and then, "Now Listen, This Ain't No Make Believe." Now we have Miz vs. Morrison (the story) vs. John Cena (the money), and then......

You Decide ;)

1. Do you think Morrison Should Win?
2. Loose
3. Or should he just steal the match and add the performance to his repertoire
3. Do you even think this is a good idea?

P.S
-I know this isn’t the most babyface-ish thing to do, but it's not a complete sneak attack after a match like we're used to (save rvd)

Na. The moment would mean more if he won it in a one on one contest on the "grandest" stage of them all. Until then, more of the U CANT SEE ME crap.

It would be interesting to see someone cash in at WM, but I could maybe see him doing after the Miz wins. That way, Miz gets a bit of a rub by beating Cena and than Morrison and Miz could have a rivalry, possibly with Cena also.

Lose. Morrison is not currently championship material. So he's acrobatic and does a lot of cool moves; so do Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston.

Until Morrison learns to talk and either finds a new finisher or learns how to hit his current one at even a 50% rate, he's just another Jeff Hardy who will get teased for years.

WWE is screwing Morrison. Don't know why they should of had him win the chamber him and Miz had a great but very underrated match to open RAW for the title. Miz/Morrison already has a great build up for WM just from their past. Once again they dropped the ball. Even on the poll on the main page asking who should win majority said Morrison so enless I am dumb that tells me the fans want Miz/Morrison more then any other match possibilities.

For the past year now, especially ever since Hell In a Cell, JoMo has been putting an ultimate show for either PPV or Raw. he put his freakin body on the line and leads out an absolute performance to show how well he is. A US title, a #1 contenders match, royal rumble, and now recently EC, hhe has given a full force of his wrestling capability. But why is he always being snubbed? What do you guys think of how will he be used? And also, do you think he will cause a rematch clause at Mania with Cena and Miz? Though Cena and Miz will have a pretty good Storyline, the match at Mania will suck ass.

So what do you guys think?

Rematch clause? Last I knew, rematch clauses only exist for the champions.

Here are my thoughts:
A. Morrison is at least 6 months away from winning the title.
B. I would put my money on it being more like 14 months (he won't be headlining WM next year).
C. He hasn't gotten "screwed" or "snubbed". He's being given an opportunity to show that he can perform with the "big boys".
D. He still can't talk, and his finisher is sloppy. Until those are corrected, he has no shot. The difference between him and Jeff Hardy is that Jeff almost always hit his finisher.

Rematch clause? For what? He had his match at the WWE Championship on RAW a few weeks before Royal Rumble, and he lost. He has no rematch clause.

The Money In The Bank has to be on the Wrestlemania card. WWE have too much talent to leave sitting in the back watching the event to now have it, and I'm sure John Morrison will be involved in that. Hell, if he is, he'll probably be favourite to win the whole thing.

He's an incredible athlete and what he does is all awesome. But, if he was WWE Champion, I don't see what they could do with him that could work.

A feud with The Miz is very possible and with their history, but WWE did a short-term angle twice now, from what I believe over that. Before the RR and back when they had the arguement of, "Who is the Marty Jannetty".

I think the dude should go heel, lose the fur coat, keep the beard and that will make him more of the real thing. But right now, great athlete seems to be cool guy but I don't see him as a realistic WWE Champion.

Maybe because he is not being snubbed. Morrison has elevated these past few months more than any point in his career and that includes winning the ECW title. I'm not in love with Morrison like everyone else and he still needs work if he wants to be where Cena and Orton is now. He appears to be following the path of Jeff Hardy and that's not a bad thing as Hardy was rivaling Cena in terms of popularity.

To answer your last question, Morrison can't cause a rematch clause because he never had a title. He used his #1 contendership in early January so there's no reason whatsoever why he should get a rematch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back