Why is the Cole/Lawler feud getting so much air time???

I actually like the Lawler/Cole feud. However, I do agree with Bret that they could have been more effective had their match been shorter. 30 minutes is a long fucking match. I don't keep all the info in my head but how many PPV title matches went less than 30? Quite a few I think. That's the point.
Lawler is GOLD. Well, aside from when right after JR left and he was phoning it in. BUT, he can and does contribute to the show. This has it's place, now it just needs to be put there and allow the younger guys to get a little more air time.

As a few others have mentioned, the reason this feud has gotten so much air time is because it's massively over right now. I recall reading several weeks back that a Lawler/Cole feud segment on Raw drew something like a 4.1 rating. It's a big draw and you want segments revolving around feuds that has people interested.

Generally speaking, I haven't found this feud uninteresting at all. It's one that's driven almost entirely by the sheer personalities of Lawler & Cole and there's a definite old school feel to it. Michael Cole generates monster heat for himself and Lawler continuously gets great reactions from the crowd as well. Jack Swagger's involvement has pumped renewed vitality into Swagger's career. Jack Swagger hasn't been this relevant since losing the World Heavyweight Championship last year. If a face turn is looming in Swagger's future, he'll immediately get over as a face simply because of Michael Cole. Jim Ross' return adds another great nostalgia factor into this as well as the hope that we will continue to see JR on Raw.

I have to admit that the prospect of a tag match with Lawler & JR vs. Cole & Swagger doesn't exactly scream barn burner. However, there's still a couple of weeks left in which the WWE could build this up as a good blow off to the feud. I think Extreme Rules should definitely be the blow off because it's eventually going to really start to drag. I'm kind of surprised that this feud has remained interesting for as long as it has.

I don't think you can put these ratings down to the Cole/Lawlor feud at all, especially when The Rock has been around and as much as it pains me to say it, people have been ineterested in rocky's return and tuning in for that....not lawlor and cole. The feud has run its course well and truly and should've ended at WM!

However, some of the earlier points made really interested me about Michael Cole becoming a Manager for Jack Swagger, that sounds a really great idea, a fresh new start and lift for both of them I think. Managers is definately something the WWE is lacking in at the moment.

But please WWE, enough already with this feud, it really sucks big time and I want to see real athletes perform like Sheamus and brian who I reckon could put on one of the matches of the year, especially if Sin Cara gets involved!

You know what really pissed me off during the match between Swagger and Lawler? There was absolutely no commentating. It was complete silence. i was like, "how in the hell do you just sit there and not say anything Mathews?" This is your chance to call the match without Cole screaming in your headset. You can help fans along so that they don't have to hear Cole screaming like a fucking banshee for 5 minutes or however long this shit match lasted. That pissed me off greatly. he had a chance to showcase his abilities and just sat there in stunned silence. I mean seriously, this is what is turning me off to wrestling, the lack of commentating. I don't even know what half the moves are that people do nowadays, what are the names of their finishers. It pisses me off. I really think it is time for an overhaul in the commentating department.

I don't think you can put these ratings down to the Cole/Lawlor feud at all, especially when The Rock has been around and as much as it pains me to say it, people have been ineterested in rocky's return and tuning in for that....not lawlor and cole. The feud has run its course well and truly and should've ended at WM!

The Rock hasn't been around on Raw for every episode during the build to WM. The segment I'm talking about in which Lawler & Cole drew a 4.1 rating took place on a show that didn't feature The Rock. One reason why that little report stood out was because I hardly ever see any online reports telling what the quarterly hour individual segments of Raw draw. You might not like the Lawler/Cole feud, but it's a draw. For every net fan that probably doesn't like this storyline, there are probably 5 to 10 average fans that do. The overwhelming majority of Raw's audience seems to like it or is at least still interested in it so that's why it's still going on at this time.

It can be good fo a storyline, it's interesting to see Cole and Lawler going on one another and the involvement of JR and Swagger added some more to the segment.

However, i really don't think people would be interested ina match for Swagger vs Lawler and especially if you add JR and Cole in the mix. Wrestling matches should be exciting, not a boring match including Cole, JR or even Lawler. It would be better where they would be the managers of two wrestlers or something. Then it would be an entertaining wrestling match as well on top of the feud. Their WM match was longer than it should be and i just don't want to see them in another long match with JR involved.

As much as the feud is interesting, because of their wrestling abilities, their in-ring time should be limited.

Really they aren't tired of the Cole talking about Lawler's Mother yet?

I mean really are you guys tired of it?
is this what you want to hear while your trying to enjoy some wrasslin'?

As much as i don't want to see another episode of this outplayed feud; it would tick me off even more if they just ended it cold turkey. I'm just hoping that Over the Limit or the PPV after will be the final resolution for Cole. I don't want Lawler to end it though; I want some young superstar to get a major rub from finally shutting up Cole in some way. All i can say is; here we go again.

im sick of cole all together, n i know they wouldnt be using it if jerry wasnt cool with it but still, its screwed up cuz im sure we all feel jerrys pain but to see cole once again taking up so much time on the show with nothing but his B.S. rambling and him repeating himself.

im sick of cole all together, n i know they wouldnt be using it if jerry wasnt cool with it but still, its screwed up cuz im sure we all feel jerrys pain but to see cole once again taking up so much time on the show with nothing but his B.S. rambling and him repeating himself.

I know Jerry has to be cool with it but Cole is most likely one of the top heel in the company...yet he needs bad heat?

As for everyone else, I wouldn't be surprised if this feud went til WM 28 just to fill spot on what is shaping out to be disappointing already :D (see i fit in with the IWC I complain about things when there is still time to fix it)

I honestly think WWE doesn;t know how to end this feud. I don;t think they want Lawler or Cole off of announcing, but how do you end this without one of them off the air for a least a while.

I think the primary problem with this feud is that, for the most part, Cole is a wuss (not just the Cole character, but the performer apparently) and can't afford to take much in terms of punishment. This not only makes him that much more annoying (after all, many of us want to see him get slammed through the announce table) but it makes ending the feud that much more difficult. Lawler would be the most likely one to end it, but someone else has to take out Swagger first. It's time for the King to make an alliance with a hungry up-and-comer.

Way I see it, the WWE wouldn't have to take Cole off of the air, even if he did have to sell having been beaten to a pulp. After all, he can still announce in a body cast, can't he?

I'm disgusted with the mom references. that was absolute garbage tonight. I can't believe Vince signs off on this with the writers for RAW. it's despicable.

makes no sense to keep going back to this, Cole is over enough as a heel character that it should be left on the cutting room floor instead of us seeing this each week.

I thought we were done with this. I thought that we could go on in peace. The only way this is going to be done is to bring Big JR back to Raw and move Cole to Smackdown where not as many people have to here his dribble because Smackdown's ratings suck

You know im not that offended by Micheal Cole bringing up King's Mother otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it. I think it has to end at Over The Limit in a couple weeks if not then I dunno when it will. I did get a kick out of King banging Cole's head off the Cole Mine.

Man, there is a double standard going on in the WW(E). Daniel Bryan chokes Justin Roberts with his tie during the Nexus invasion and gets fired for it. Jerry Lawler chokes Michael Cole with his tie and gets praised for it...?

This is stupid. I love WWF/WWE and have been a huge fan since 1996. But this is getting stupid. They rip on Lawler's dead mother, right after Mother's Day, then they whole thing with Lawler choking Cole with his tie. Jerry should get fired for that, just like Bryan Danielson got fired for it...

Effin' double standards and backstage politics man! I hate politics!

I bet Daniel Bryan was laughing to himself if he watched the tie choking segment.

Was the Daniel Bryan thing kayfabe or what? Cause I found the segment with Lawler and Cole super hilarious yesterday, specially with how Lawler kept on slamming Cole's head and choking him over and over. That made me more laugh than the weird face Cole was doing when the refs separated him. I personally wouldn't mind if they would just stop this and make Cole the winner but the way he constantly brags gets on my nerves and with a lose, all that "undefeated" bullshit can go away and we can enjoy what WWE is all about again. PLEASE, end it at Over the Limit!!!

The Cole/Lawler fued is getting way too much airtime. This fued should have been ended at Wrestlemania, and why it wasn't I don't know. Is it getting alot of crowd reaction, yes, but, the veiwers at home have to listen to this disgusting little shit, through every match, and no he isn't commentating on the matches(which is what he gets paid for)he's putting over his own fued! His little "Beep Beep" news bulletin that Jerry lawler was in pain, was completely ridiculous,and put me over the edge, I pressed mute AND changed the channel. I look forward to watching RAW every monday night, but until this fued ends, or changes in a way that decreases his airtime(Cole) I am not watching and i am positive that i'm not the only one who feels this way. Bottom line receiving waaay too much airtime, time taken away from actual wrestling in the ring, which should be the focal point of the show.

None of this makes sense to me because the Raw GM said if Lawler hits Cole then he's fired and if Cole hits Lawler then he's fired. Remember weeks ago before WrestleMania when Swagger was standing in between them and Cole slapped Lawler across the face? That's a hit, he struck Lawler and should of been fired but he wasn't. You can't explain that either, I guess the WWE or Cole just screwed that up. Slapping is a hit/strike/touch/laying his hands on him...whatever.

This feud is the only one since I've re-started watching WWE that has had any sort of personal attachment. The Punk/Orton feud had some personal issues in it but Orton just dominated the feud the entire time. Granted the Lawler/Cole feud has gone on way too long but you all have to admit that it has had a great build up and if they built up another one with two people we cared about/didnt make the heel so annoying, I would love the feud.

First off I am not a michael cole fan at all I can't stand him but . Ever since Michael Cole turned heel early this year, I thought it was great when he started that fued with Jerry lawlor the promo's where great as well very entertaining expect for the match. I think Michael Cole play's the heel of announcer very well. But here's where I start to get annoyed with this storyline and Michael Cole, the storyline should of ended either at WM or Extreme Rules it's just gone on far to long now and it's getting very boring and stale.

Now too Michael Cole at the start of his fued with King when he interupted the diva's matches and was given air time to talk about jerry lawlor I didn't mind that at all he had to build the storyline up to make it a good and belivable match which we all knew it wasn't. But now a days still been given so much air time still it's just too much in my opinion, you could of given that 10 or 15 min air time to Daniel Byran or Sin Cara or Shameaus and give them a new storyline to build on and give them credibility for there matches.

I just think Michael's Cole & Jerry lawlor's storyline needs to end at over the limit and stop given Cole so much air time which is not needed for his storyline anymore.

What are your thought???

None of this makes sense to me because the Raw GM said if Lawler hits Cole then he's fired and if Cole hits Lawler then he's fired. Remember weeks ago before WrestleMania when Swagger was standing in between them and Cole slapped Lawler across the face? That's a hit, he struck Lawler and should of been fired but he wasn't. You can't explain that either, I guess the WWE or Cole just screwed that up. Slapping is a hit/strike/touch/laying his hands on him...whatever.

I believe it was on that very episode of Raw, or not long before it, where Cole clarified that the GM's rule was actually that LAWLER couldn't touch COLE and that it didn't go both ways. He made a big deal about it.

Man, there is a double standard going on in the WW(E). Daniel Bryan chokes Justin Roberts with his tie during the Nexus invasion and gets fired for it. Jerry Lawler chokes Michael Cole with his tie and gets praised for it...?

This is stupid. I love WWF/WWE and have been a huge fan since 1996. But this is getting stupid. They rip on Lawler's dead mother, right after Mother's Day, then they whole thing with Lawler choking Cole with his tie. Jerry should get fired for that, just like Bryan Danielson got fired for it...

Effin' double standards and backstage politics man! I hate politics!

I bet Daniel Bryan was laughing to himself if he watched the tie choking segment.

LMAO. Yeah, let's see...a wrestler goes off script, wraps a tie around a guy's neck and pulls back, choking him until he's red in the face. Another wrestler stays on script, pulls a guy's tie forward through a hole in a glass, pressing his face against it for comedic affect. Yeah, those are the EXACT same thing. Give me a break.

BTW, Daniel Bryan's firing was kayfabe anyway.

What are your thought???

My thought is I'm sick of hearing the IWC complain about it, to be honest. It just proves why they keep going with it. You're giving them the exact reaction they want.

I'm guessing this is going to keep going til SummerSlam, so people should probably just get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back