• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the worst broadcast announcer?

Strife3

Pre-Show Stalwart
Who is the worst broadcast announcer? Tna's Mike "The Professor" Tenay Or Michael "The Voice of the WWE" Cole?

I watch both WWE and TNA. Raw, SmackDown, Impact, Reaction and everything else I can. Unlike alot of fans I enjoy both products but everytime I watch them I have to listen to either Michae Cole who is a bore and Mike Tenay who is a snore. It's hard to listen to both and to me They rate about even though since Raw Monday after hearing Cole 'stand up and woohoo' for 30 seconds I'd say i'd rather personally listen to Tenay, that was till tonight at the begining of Impact.

For me in the end Michael Cole is worst only because he is on TV more then one night a week.

Whats your thoughts on this?

Well if we just have those two to select from I take tenay everytime, because I hate his face. I hate everything about him. The way he overacts with his face, the way he says "BL" like in block. Uhh... I hate him, I want to punch him.

Anyway, if this is all time, technically it is Mike Adamle. No one was ever as lost on commentary as he was. Also, I dont think I have ever heard such a robotic and boring person on the commentary as Bruno Sammartino. Oh, and Dusty Rhodes was juts incoherent. Some of my favorite commentary moments is when Brain and Rhodes were at the same table. Brain owned his overrated and incoherent ass all the time.

I used to like Mike Tenay in the early days of TNA but now I find his overreacting to even the slightest surprise really irritating. I think TNA should seriously consider mixing it up at the announce desk, and replacing Tenay.

Cole doesnt bother me any more, I used to hate him when he was just a simple announcer. But now he is playing a heel role I think he has come into his own. He is annoying, but thats what he is supposed to be, and I think he does it very well.

Agreed on Mike Adamle, there is NO WAY that man should ever have been given a job in the WWE. He didnt know the business, any of the moves, how to call a wrestling match or even some of the names of the wrestlers? (The Tazz? Come on!)

So Adamle is the worst I have ever heard, closely followed by Todd Grisham and Vince McMahon. I hated Vince on commentary, the way he changed his voice to different styles in the same sentence and his constant shouting. Pissed me right off. He is much better suited to the Mr McMahon character rather than an announcer.

Mike Adamle is the worst. Cole annoys me, but at least he shows some emotion. Tenay is like a corpse when he announces. He is just very boring and bland and can't show any emotion to save his life. Tenay has been in the business for a long time and has a lot of knowledge, but I can never get excited when Tenay is calling matches.

Man Tenay irritates me. I feel bad saying that because he obviously loves the business and he seems like a nice guy. But boy is he annoying. Last night I switched the audio on my tv to spanish when watching Impact! (not because of him, I just like to hear different shows in spanish) and it turned out it was just Impact with no commentary. I found myself watching it with no commentary longer than with it. His voice is just like nails on chalk board at times to me. I honestly get headaches if I watch TNA for too long because of him. I do feel bad but they need a change on commentary, maybe Tony Schiavone or something, anything is better than Tenay. At least they got rid of Don West, Taz isn't much better but West was just shit.

Tenay is mildly worse than Cole. Although Cole has gotten worse as he attempts to adjust to the PG/Disney direction. Don West is categorically though the worst commentator I've ever heard, I couldn't stand a fucking second listening to him. A close second behind West is Stryker, his 'OHHHHHHH' is the straw that breaks the camels back in WWE.

My favourite commentry ever was heel Jerry Lawler.

TNA should bring in Schiavone, dont care what anyone says I always liked him. Something funny I always remember about Schiavone is that in 1999, when the WWF was knocking the shit out of WCW with its cutting-edge, mature product, WCW introduced 'golden-era' Hogan to counter-attack and Schiavone declared, with complete seriousness on Hulkamania - 'Some says its the strongest force in the Universe'.

Well my pick is an fairly easy Todd Grisham for the simple fact that he has no personality what so ever in his voice as I will explain.For example ever time I watch Friday night Smackdown I have to listen to that robot voice that Grisham posses when he calls the matches with no charisma it just makes everyone watching at home know that he is getting told what to say by the people at the Gorrlia position and that just annoys me.

To be honest I really want to say Mike Tenay or Todd Grisham but when Shane McMahon was a commentator on Heat in 98, I thought he was awful cause he would scream at the top of his lungs for every single move. He would throw in "wooo's" & "yeeaaahh's" for absolutely anything and you didnt know whether he was supposed to be heel or babyface cause he was rooting for both.

There is no possible way Mike Tenay is worse than Michael Cole when it comes to play-by-play. Even if Michael Cole weren't horribly annoying (which he is), he really knows nothing about wrestling. Mike Tenay is like a human encyclopedia when it comes to in-ring action.

But I don't think Cole is the most annoying. That award goes to Matt Striker. The guy loves the sound of his own voice way too much, and I'm not sure why. Sure, he knows his shit, but that doesn't mean his delivery isn't equal to nails on a chalkboard. I really hope he's gone soon, not sure how much longer I can listen to him creating nicknames and what not.

I think this vote has to be locked in by Eric Bishcoff, I have heard more reasonable lines through a megaphone in a bingo hall. Had zero skills and it showed (good on the mic though).

Here Micheal Cole is now so into his character had has been pushed so far into it that it's ok. But honestly, I know this has been said, but JR in his 15 minutes in old school showcased how big a part a commentator plays in putting over a talent. Like JR did with Stone Cold.

Gonna give it to Tenay. He isn't too insufferable, but he tries too hard to sell spots. And misses a lot on the play by play.

I just started watching Superstars again this week, and my vote goes to that guy on there. He's so bad, I can't even remember his name, nor do I want to know it. His voice is too monotone and he doesn't pay enough attention to the action in the ring. Don't get me wrong, I like when the announcers digress from time to time, but that guy was just out of it.

On the other hand, I think CM Punk should have been a commentator from the start. He's very fun to listen to and he actually has charisma.

Tenay is annoying to me. He tries to be like Jim Ross but tries too hard. I have respect for him but he cannot call a match for shit! They need to get somebody alittle younger because Tenay sounds like he is going to pass out when he is calling matches. The one that annoys me out of all is Matt Striker. He gets off topic more times than a spammer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back