Why doesn't Jack Swagger have a submission move?

Fire Marshall Bill

Let me show ya somethin!!!
We're talking about the All-American American. He's got a 4.0 GPA from the greatest university of all time. He met the President. He has excelled at everything he has ever done. Yada yada yada you get the point. I think we all did after this last SD!

The fact is the guy really can wrestle. He's done all these things that make him such a legit wrestler. He's been said to be the next Kurt Angle by many. He's upped his moveset recently. He actually does suplexes unlike many other wrestlers today. Why doesn't he have a finisher quality submission move? With the comparisons to Kurt Angle if they want to be unoriginal they can give him the ankle lock if they wanted. Just give him something! Honestly I think right now is the perfect time too. He's gotta face the Big Show at Over The Limit. Who would be more perfect to show the power of his new submission move than the Big Show? I don't think there's a chance in hell they pull of the gut-wrench powerbomb together. Yeah, many other wrestlers have figured out many other ways to beat the Big Show (hello Rey Mysterio), but how can you have someone touted as this outstanding wrestler not have a submission move? This is the time.

When the WWE touts someone who's supposed to be a great wrestler, aren't they supposed to be versatile? Yes, they should've done this sooner since he's supposed to be so great but now is the perfect chance. That's why I'm not putting this in the Over The Limit section because this isn't about the PPV, it's about his character. The opponent at this PPV is just the perfect one to debut it with. Or they can have him start using it in these coming weeks.

Am I nuts here? This makes perfect sense to me. What are your opinions? Any suggestions for an old school maneuver or should they debut a new one?

I think that's a pretty good idea. I don't know if I'm imagining it or not, but it seems to me, submissions are becoming more common in WWE again, Ziggler's sleeper, Jericho using the Walls more often and the Sharpshooter, and I'm a big fan of it. Swagger having a submission would be fantastic, and I feel it could greatly benifit him, having a finisher other than the gut wrench powerbomb, no matter what the submission may be.

You know, I wondered this too. At first, I saw him debut on ECW and thought he was just an ordinary, generic wrestler coming in to ECW, and likely never be seen again after a couple of months. Just before his first WWE feud with Tommy Dreamer, Swagger started to grow on me... I loved his style, as you might know... I love superstars with amateur wrestling backgrounds.

His style would go great with a nice submission-type move added to his arsenal. It would really benefit him because when he gets bigger opponents, like his imminent match with The Big Show, he's gonna need a backup finisher and not reach out to the "Gutwrench Powerbomb" all the time. I'd love to see Jack Swagger add a submission move to his already impressive arsenal.

I think a submission move would be something that would bring Swagger to the next level. He already has a pretty impressive moveset, and I think a submission would fit in perfectly with his wrestling background. I could just see him using something like the Haas of Pain. It would be something that's not seen often (especially after the release of Charlie Haas), and could applied to anyone. Just come up with a different name for it. I think that would be the route to go.

wow the haas of pain would be perfect for him....not to mention that he mainly works on his opponents torso to begin with, the haas of pain type finisher could be applied to anyone....

I always thought the Chiken Wing would be an excellent move for him and for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on would work with his character. Plus it's a move that hasn't been seen in some time and if done right would look legit.

He's a 2 time all amercian...where are the arm bars, the half and full nelsons, the leg locks? He's got the take downs, headlocks, and slams, but where's his technical work? He's getting his mic skills down, so lets see the rest of his skill set already. God knows he can wrestle and he could very well be the next Kurt Angle. Let him lock some holds on somebody. There's nothing to worry in that department, they just need to pull the trigger!

If you give Swagger a submission finisher wouldn't he look too much like a replica of Kurt Angle? I mean when Angle debuted he was the American Gold Medalist and wore an outfit close to Swaggers. I like having Swagger use more "Power" moves, just my opionion

the thing is, what submission hold do you see him doing?

for me it would have to be camel clutch..he is a big and with is power, he could dominate opponents with this hold..he really should have a submission hold,ilike the gutrench powerbomb and believe its a sure finisher, but it would be good to have a submission hold aswell...

just look at taker, it was chokeslam, tombstone, last ride, triangle choke and now hells gate...that was just an example...

I don't think Jack Swagger needs a submission finisher.

I'm pretty fine with the fact that he's using a wide array of submission holds as of late, I loved what looked like a grounded cross-face chickenwing (I could be wrong on the name, but it was definitely a chickenwing) and I'd honestly prefer watching Jack Swagger using a long array of "I'm wearing you down" holds rather than an actual submission finisher, not because I'm gonna be absolutely devastated if Jack Swagger gets a submission hold, but I'm not complaining if he doesn't.

Now if he was to get a submission hold, a match finisher, I'm voting for the chickenwing hold, cause he's the only one I've seen use it in WWE since Bob Backlund, and it hasn't been worn out to an extend of "Yeah, that'll never look legitimate again" and therefore would fit perfectly.

Wouldnt fit his current character with him being a chicken shit heel. Him tapping people out doesnt fit with that character the way feet on the ropes does for example.

Wouldnt fit his current character with him being a chicken shit heel. Him tapping people out doesnt fit with that character the way feet on the ropes does for example.

Chris Jericho has his chicken moments as well, but that doesn't mean he's not tapping people out here and there, so his character could easily fit with a submission hold if they had to give him one.

Hell I think they could fit it in some kind of way like "If I really have to fight you, I might as well humiliate you" kind of thing.
But I still stand by being indifferent with him having a hold, or not.

the kid is a future wrestlemania main event waiting to happen.....he needs a submission or either incorporate some into his moveset...like someone said where are the chickenwings, body scissors.....hell he could even incorporate some mma moves like a fujiwara...just something to add like the undertakers hells gate which isnt takers main finisher

Put it like this

Jack Swagger is the New Kurt Angle :| yes I said it :|

Giving him a Submission will put the cherry on the Sunday :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back