Why does anyone want to be a mod? - includes Jake post on his time as WZ mod/admin

Yeah...Mod's are basically the maids of the forum. This is the first forum I've seen where Mods are supposed to generate discussion. Normally Mod's are the most level-headed, and active posters (which means they already generate discussion) who're there to just keep the board clean. This whole "stimulate" the discussion thing is weird, in my eyes.

I do agree that it's more a status of who's "popular" now, though.

I still think Luther is a good mod. He may not post, but from what I have heard, he moderates. I would think that moderating as a moderator would be a good thing, but I guess you have to drive the discussion in the sections you oversee. Shouldn't they just be called 'Discussion Starters' then?

They do do most of it...Poster's don't have any incentive to post because a Mod will have made a similar, or already created topic, before hand. Who wants to post if you'll just get infracted for posting a double topic?

They do the majority. Whether that's for better or worse...

They do most because hardly any are getting done. It's a stalemate, regular posters don't feel the need to make them because the mod's do most. But the mod's still aren't doing much, thread wise.

The more threads that are made, the more variety, the more people will post. The more people post, the more spam related stuff there is to clean up.

They do most because hardly any are getting done. It's a stalemate, regular posters don't feel the need to make them because the mod's do most. But the mod's still aren't doing much, thread wise.

The more threads that are made, the more variety, the more people will post. The more people post, the more spam related stuff there is to clean up.
The biggest reason is because of the strict spam definition, and the closing of any threads that resemble another thread. That's why regulars don't create threads.

The biggest reason is because of the strict spam definition, and the closing of any threads that resemble another thread. That's why regulars don't create threads.

Exactly. The good atmosphere you all created has begun to turn around and bite you on the ass.

They do do most of it...Poster's don't have any incentive to post because a Mod will have made a similar, or already created topic, before hand. Who wants to post if you'll just get infracted for posting a double topic?

Exactly, what's the point of making a thread if a mods just going to come along and make the same thread then close yours (cause god knows they can't fucking merge anything anymore:icon_rolleyes:) and give you a nice shiny infraction?

Exactly, what's the point of making a thread if a mods just going to come along and make the same thread then close yours (cause god knows they can't fucking merge anything anymore:icon_rolleyes:) and give you a nice shiny infraction?
I still merge things...

I don't close or merge things. That's like NorCal's job :lmao: I think I've closed maybe 3 threads in the last month.

I don't close or merge things. That's like NorCal's job :lmao: I think I've closed maybe 3 threads in the last month.

Since when?, all I see him do is unmercifully mock the fuck out of people and then close their threads

On the other hand I've seen you merge shit on occasion

Since when?, all I see him do is unmercifully mock the fuck out of people and then close their threads

Well if you look in the archives, most are closed and archived by him.

EDIT: Hold on, I get it now. What I meant was NorCal closes stuff, so there's nothing to merge.

On the other hand I've seen you merge shit on occasion

Does this mean you think Becca's a good mod? :)

Becca's a G-Mod or a NWS Mod? Either way, I'd never say Becca was a bad mod and I'd say Justinsanye would say the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back