Why does anyone want to be a mod? - includes Jake post on his time as WZ mod/admin

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
There's nothing to do. Aside from the occasional bot attack and changing the titles of my threads until I find the one that's just right, nada.

It could all be done by Slyfox and IrishCanadian, locked in an eternal struggle over how many sub-forums there should be.

I'm not sure if being at the very bottom of the forum leaders is good or bad. I used to be at the top, y'know.

It's up to a mod to drive the discussion in their sections. It's up to the admins to get them to do it if they're not, notice what sections are failing falt and need a little help. As well as the shit you mentioned.

Overall it's a thankless task. I never got much enjoyment out of it. Apart from red repping people and reading their reactions.

I like it because it allows me to help keep the forums looking good. And I don't have to wait a couple of hours for another person to clean up some spam bot in a thread.

So, this thread, combined with your thread in the TNA secion...is this your way of saying you want out?

Being a mod...I think got me over far more than when I wasn't one. I wanted to be one simply because I wanted to help out with the efed more. It's a very difficult and hard job, and efed modding is highly underrated.

I like being someone that people ask questions to and apparently have my opinion valued more. Stupid but I enjoy it.

I volunteered to become a mod when this place was a dump so I could help clean it up and get my voice heard on how it was run. That was back when the whole point of moderators was to moderate. Now mod spots are basically status symbols to be honest.

It's up to a mod to drive the discussion in their sections. It's up to the admins to get them to do it if they're not, notice what sections are failing falt and need a little help. As well as the shit you mentioned.

Really a mod's job is to moderate discussion and creating a better posting environment for the poster's. Whether that involves posting a lot or not. Poster's are capable of creating discussion themselves without mod's posting for the sake of it.

Overall it's a thankless task.

You got that one right.

It's a status thing.

Cause your name is in bold, it makes you feel superior.

Inevitably, I must inform you that you feel superior anyway. Alternatively, some kiss ass will eventually traipse in and tell you you are superior.

Really a mod's job is to moderate discussion and creating a better posting environment for the poster's. Whether that involves posting a lot or not. Poster's are capable of creating discussion themselves without mod's posting for the sake of it.

You'd think a mod's job would to moderate, and not just "create discussion", i know when I had my brief stint as mod I always figured I had the power to infract, close threads and all that other happy shit so that I could ya know moderate, apparently not, guess you need those things to create discussion, which is funny cause I figured you could just create discussion by well you know making threads and posting

You'd think a mod's job would to moderate, and not just "create discussion", i know when I had my brief stint as mod I always figured I had the power to infract, close threads and all that other happy shit so that I could ya know moderate, apparently not, guess you need those things to create discussion, which is funny cause I figured you could just create discussion by well you know making threads and posting

It was that, but it changed, and subsequently I went from being one of the best mods, to one of the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back