• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do we keep coming back for more

HereComesThePain101

Occasional Pre-Show
A question to all who watch wwe why do we keep coming back for more. i cannot count the number of times i have heard this phrase.If so and so beats so and so i'm never watching wwe again example: if John cena beats the big show with all the injury's he has i'm never watching wwe again. Yet those same people will still be there complaining next raw that comes around.

i think that you think of wwe like this. its like a crappy job, it doesn't pay you enough to like it but it pays you enough to keep coming back for more.

so tell me why do you keep coming back do you enjoy it like i do or is it simply because there is nothing better on or is it loyalty to the brand.

"If ______, I'm not watching anymore." is usually just a bluff - a really immature bluff. There have been plenty of things that have taken place over the years that pissed me off, but I keep watching because it is what it is. WWE isn't Burger King. You can't have things your way. Things are bound to happen that you don't approve of, but it's better to focus on the positives than the negatives. You can get pissed all you want, but you're not going to change things. So, what's the point in getting upset?

I keep coming back for more because, despite the questionable decisions made from time to time, there's so much more about the product that I enjoy.

I think I keep coming back because I just love wrestling. I don't care if people tell me it is all fake and that all of the guys on the show are jacked up on steroids, I will still come back and watch more and more of it.

Since I started watching wrestling in around 1997 I have since been captivated by it. Even though I was just 4 years old when I started watching I was also interested in it.

I also really like the drama and athletic side of it. I like the drama because it is interesting and I like the athletic part of it because it is always interesting to see what the wrestlers do in order to keep the crowd entertained.

I can't really explain why I keep coming back very good and quite frankly it is a little bit hard for me to explain it because sometimes I can't think of the right words on why I love wrestling, but hopefully what I wrote kind of explained it a little.

You make a very interesting question. Well for me i'm not one of those fans that says that if "so & so beats so & so then I will stop watching". No I think that alot of people just watch it for three things. I will list them below.

1. They love wrestling in general & they wanna see whatever wrestling is on whether it's crap or not.

2. They have grown up on WWE & it's kinda hard for them to not watch it.

3. They might have hope that the WWE will get good again someday.

Now I still watch it cause I grew up watching the WWE during the Attitude Era & it's very hard to leave the WWE or wrestling in general as it's like a male's version of a soap opera & I just love the history of professional wrestling in general & like I said before, I'm sure other people watch it for the same reasons as I listed in this post.

I keep coming bak because im a loyal fan of the product and i have been for years and years... at times yea, it is annoying seeing the same thing but there are many twists and turns and vince has done a hell of a job with pro wrestling

my reason is really simple TNA is on once a week and WWE is on 4 times a weeks and even though it never ceases to make me sick I'll still watch it mainly because i can't keep up my wrestling hype with only 1 day a week. i need the 4-5 days of wrestling

I used to describe my love of wrestling as a guilty pleasure. Nowadays tho, I really only watch for the midcard. I don't care about most of the main event players, I really don't care about the angles or storylines. Just give me one or two fast paced matches, with a few innovative moves and i'm content. I'm not fully loyal tho. For instance i'm watching thd basketball game tommorow

Personally, wrestling has always been my ritual. Raw has been my weekly mainstay and usually the one thing that makes most Mondays worth trudging through. The product let's me down more often than not these days, but I keep watching because eventually things will get interesting again.
Vince is arrogant and self pandering enough to allow a competitor in the door at some point, now whether that competitor will be TNA I'm not entirely sure of yet. They have many things they need to address before they can even come close to trying to compete with the WWE.

I love the grandious, absurd spectacle that is professional wrestling, I always have. And whether it hits another high point or not, I'll likely keep watching until I kick the bucket.

I have always watched wrestling! Throughout the teasing and torment!
i started when I was four! I was at an event in toronto. Hogan vs earthquake... Hogan got sat on! I assumed hogan was dead and started crying! My father took me home and my aunt made me a strawberry jam sandwich on white bread! LoL

I continue to watch wwe cause its on! I watch TNA as well! If I could watch more wrestling I would!
During the monday night wars..... WcW Monday night Nitro was shown on Tuesday! So I watched both! (I knew Mankind won the title before they told me!)
Thats Why I keep coming back! Cause its wrestling!

I watch wrestling b/c I grew up on it. I started watching back in '87, and have lived and witnessed every high and low you can think of. It has allowed me to escape from every down time I have ever had in my life. Wrestling has always been kind of my pet. Yeah, sometimes it pisses on the rug, but it has always been there to put a little smile on my face. It has been there through every break-up, parent's divorcing, shitty days at work, etc.

I set aside two hours every Monday night and that is the really the only time I actually make it a point to sit in front of my television with no interruptions. I told my wife this when we started dating and she knew when she married me.

Plus, I still get excited everytime I watch it, and especially when I put in one of my 30 dvds or one of my 50+ vhs. As a 30 year old man, I cant describe to you the feeling I get when Raw is in St. Louis(120 miles north), and I finally get to the arena, and see the stage and the ring. It is amazing!! I have 3 replica belts on my wall in my office that tells people, "Yes. I am a wrestling fan, and if you dont like it, fuck off!!!"

For the younger fans on here; Raw may not be the best right now. Hell, wrestling may not be the best right now. But, trust me. It's been a helluva lot worse. So, I keep watching b/c I have always been a fan. I probably always will!!!

I thing that sentence is a bluff. In my case I have never say it because I know I will watch anyway and not only WWE, TNA too and whatever wrestling is out there because I love wrestling and that is it, even if Hornswaggle defeats Batista with slap I will comeback to see other matches.

because of "whats next" like a soap opera. WCW was the best IMO because the storylines werent quite as goofy as it was with the wwe. TNA is o'k'. but its like the minor leagues. But like you.......i'll watch any wrestling. The best days of wrestling IMO was when wcw was competing with the wwe. Too bad time warner executives hated wrestling and screwed it up.

Well, because ever since that day i channel surfed to WWE Raw during the Monday Night Wars about the time WWE started to kick WCW's ass in ratings, I have been a loyal fan for many years... up to Wrestlemania 24.

From that point, I now only watch wrestling occasionally & only order the big 4 PPV's. Im like the HBK or Taker of loyal wrestling fans. I will tune into the main shows; very rarely or just for a few minutes to the others. The reason: in hope that one day WWE starts to change or they find someone who carry the company on their backs.

I'm 23 years old but i've been watching wrestling since the early 90's during the Savage/Hogan feud. Alot of the younger generation grew up on the Attitude Era... So naturally we are spoiled but need i remind you, Vince McMahon himself has said WCW almost put WWF out of business so the Attitude Era had it's flaws.

Most of us who grew up on the attitude era expect it to always be that good no matter what and anything less than a 8.0 rating is unacceptable... What we fail to realize is, that was a shot in the dark... They caught lightning in a bottle and rode it until it ran dry.. They developed Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, all at the same time... But the WWF was alot worse before Hulk Hogan came along..And even during Hogan's run there were periods where WWF Programming was unwatchable(Hogan vs Bundy anyone?)..

The WWE now has it's new wave of stars... John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, John Morrison, MVP, The Miz, CM Punk, etc.. Remember.. It took Stone Cold Steve Austin 11 years to reach the top.. This is the same Stone Cold who was fired over the phone by Eric Bischoff...The Rock was once Rocky Maivea, a skinny 215 pound lightweight facing Rikishi(then the Sultan) on PPV..Triple H was once competing in WCW against Alex Wright in a #1 contenders match.... For the CRUISERWEIGHT Championship...

So yeah, we all knock John Cena, Randy Orton, etc. But the reason I watch is to watch them develop in to Stars.. I watched the maturation of The Rock.. I saw Austin go from Stunning Steve to the Ringmaster to Stone Cold... I saw Triple H become The Game...Yeah..We may have complaints about certain guys now... But we quickly forget..Guys like Triple H, HBK, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, they didn't start out as legends.. They ALL started out jobbing the undercard and working their way up.. That's what these guys are doing....And the real payoff will be in 5 or 10 years when the names "John Cena" and "Randy Orton" are mentioned in the same breath as "Austin" and "HHH"...And we go back and compare a Cena/Orton feud to Austin/Rock...That's why I watch.

We keep coming back for more because we love wrestling.

We may complain about how terrible it is in every way just cause our favourite wrestler isn't getting pushed over a much more talented wrestler. But we know deep down that those complaints are utter BS, so we continue to watch the show we love.

That's all there is to it.

It's more annoying when people say "WWE is shit!" while still spending hours of their life watching it. If it was so bad, you wouldn't be! Anyway, people who say that are always bluffing, I don't think there's one time anyone's ever meant it seriously. They say it just for the effect, to show exactly how much they don't want something to happen. I think I said it about the Hogan/HBK match, not because I'd seriously ever stop watching, but because it felt like I wanted to when it did happen.

I did quit. It was not too long after the brand extension. I had been watching since I was like 5 or something but then I noticed I wasn't watching entire Raws because they were putting me to sleep. I come to this site now and see what the what what is and if it seems entertaining I'll check out Raw, but I usually turn it off early because it's just fucking boring. I tried to watch TNA, it's just goofy looking shit. I still consider myself a wrestling fan, however I am forced to watch only DVDs and classic shit and play the video games because what's thrown on TV these days is total fucking garbage. I'm glad I am the age I am, got to see the Hogan era as a kid, the Austin era as a teen, and now that I'm damn near 30 it's not worth watching so maybe I can do something more productive than think about wrestling 24/7 like the good ol' days.

Heres the way I look at it. I enjoy watching wrestling in general, todays product may not be as good as it once was but everything goes through dry spells. When i was younger i was hooked into wwe by the attitude era. My parents wouldnt let me watch wwe but approved wcw. i would have to be sneaky to watch wwe. Now that i'm older i still enjoy wwe and if you think about it, in the days of Hulk Hogan wrestling was directed at kids but then with the attitude era it wasn't but it got much better in my eyes. Now it's directed at kids again. Maybe if we are lucky the trend will continue and we will get to enjoy another attitude era or something like it.

I keep watching today's wwe becuase
1. I love wrestling
2. its better than the alternative in tna
3. It's habit, every monday and friday i find myself changing the channel as if i'm on auto pilot. All habits are hard to break and it would take a lot to for me to turn if off.

so my view is, try to enjoy what we're seeing and be optimistic that it will get better.

I keep watching because I believe pro wrestling is the greatest thing ever.

When two guys can go out in front of a stadium full of people and use nothing but their bodies to get that crowd to go crazy and lose their minds THAT is something special. No mics, no instruments, no 25 guys and a leather ball, no CGI, no legit beef. Just two guys telling a story with their bodies.
Go watch Bret Hart vs Davey Boy Smith at Summerslam 92 and watch that stadium full of people lose their minds at the end. How special is that? Two brothers in law using only straight wrestling got Wembley Stadium to pop like no where has ever popped before. Again, just two guys and a ring. Nothing else.

That is a truly special thing and as long as a business like that exists, I will always watch.

I still say that as long as there's no other wrestling on Monday nights, Vince will not bring his a-game to the table....we all saw what the WWF/E was capable of in the 90s when it had to compete against Nitro (and dont give 100% credit to the writers because, no matter what you may think, Vince still has the final say-so on ANYTHING that you see or dont see on tv).

I look at it like this, Vince is a parent, and we are his adolescent children. Some of us may think he's doin a crappy job as a parent because we're not happy with what's going on, but in the long run, father knows best, and I think if Vince gave in to the demands of the small minority of complainers, WWE programming would fall off the map faster than a reality star's relevance.

It's habit...and I guess I watch it for the older guys I loved growing up and for the Train wrecks.
Being that I'm 35 most of the guys I liked growing up are dead or retired. But when I saw Ricky Steamboat come out and wrestle a couple matches I got goose bumps. Like a present for the older fans..
Surprises like that are few and far between these days since there's no competition with the WWE. I'm not gonna say HOLY FUCKING SHIT if I see someone like the motor city machine guns and abyss sitting in the front row like I said HOLY FUCKING SHIT when The Radicals left wcw and joined the wwf and were on the tv that monday sitting at the front row..
but the years pass and I continue to watch.....waiting for something exciting to happen..something to give me goosebumps again..

i quit watching wrestling when wcw went down the tubes. but it only lasted a month or two. then when vince buried the nwo i quit watching for awhile. then when the rock, stone cold, brock lesnar, and goldberg were all gone i stopped watching again. i think most pro wrestling fans get pissed off or bored and stop watching for a little while. then we tune back in too find out what we missed and whats going on. i;m also a minnesota vikings fan and get pissed off and miss a few games only to watch them again.

Well, I am proud to say that I have stopped coming back for more, officially as of this week.

I have only been periodically watching Raw every couple of weeks, but none of the other shows. And that was only out of loyalty after being a fan for (almost) 2 decades, since 1990. But as of this Monday, I have kept Raw off the TV.

There is no sense in watching a product I don't like. Seriously. And I know that's hard for a lot of us wrestling fans to come to terms with, being that many of us have been fans for years. Absolutely nothing will change as long as people like us keep tuning in, out of loyalty.

Wrestling shouldn't be like doing a chore. I should be watching because I want to watch. Being that I dislike this product more than ever before, there really is no sense in watching it anymore.

I had to come to terms with this simply not being a phase that Vince was going through. It wasn't like a year long thing, or anything like that. This new philosophy he has, was here to stay for several years ... as long as he keeps maintaining his profits. Even though the audience is smaller, he is still successful in squeezing more money out of his customers ... and they are paying the prices he wants .... so he is able to make up for it.

So, as long as that is the case, and Vince finds people to pay his prices, things will stay as they are.

So, I am proud of myself for coming to terms with this, and turning the TV off from all WWE wrestling. I will still post and read the newsboards each day, to keep tabs on things. But I am done watching wrestling, as it is no longer the product I fell in love with. And I am simply moving on, unless I hear that the product I loved at one point, is coming back. Until then, I am done. DONE.

Because I love wrestling, silly! There have been times where I haven't tuned into WWE programming for months at time, but I will never just leave it alone. Despite what my opinions are on the overall product, there will always be a handful of wrestlers that grab my attention enough to sit through some less then stellar segments.

It was difficult for me when RVD hung up his boots and walked away from the WWE. And I did stop watching ECW once he was gone. However, the emergence of Jack Swagger and the return of Christian has me tuning in every single Tuesday night. I even set my DVR if I'm not going to be home.

The bottom line is that it just not possible for me to be bored or uninterested in an entire roster of talent. For the past 4 months, I have been bored to tears with TNA's product. However, each Thursday I keep flipping back to try and catch any segments with AJ Styles or the MCMG. One person is enough to keep me coming back.

Well, I am proud to say that I have stopped coming back for more, officially as of this week.

Good for you, your mother must be so proud.

I have only been periodically watching Raw every couple of weeks, but none of the other shows.

Considering SD and ECW have been better than Raw recently this doesn't seem like a good move.

And that was only out of loyalty after being a fan for (almost) 2 decades, since 1990. But as of this Monday, I have kept Raw off the TV.

Wait, so you watched wrestling beacuse you were a wrestling fan? That's crazy.

There is no sense in watching a product I don't like. Seriously. And I know that's hard for a lot of us wrestling fans to come to terms with, being that many of us have been fans for years. Absolutely nothing will change as long as people like us keep tuning in, out of loyalty.

I understand that you don't like it, but that doesn't mean you have to spend every waking moment of your life bitching about it. Actually, there are a lot of people who like the WWE product today and are still tuning in.

Wrestling shouldn't be like doing a chore. I should be watching because I want to watch. Being that I dislike this product more than ever before, there really is no sense in watching it anymore.

I completely agree.

I had to come to terms with this simply not being a phase that Vince was going through. It wasn't like a year long thing, or anything like that. This new philosophy he has, was here to stay for several years

What exactly is this "new philosophy?"

... as long as he keeps maintaining his profits. Even though the audience is smaller, he is still successful in squeezing more money out of his customers ... and they are paying the prices he wants .... so he is able to make up for it.

I'm sure Vince isn't happy with small audiences, but the fact is the wrestling audience may be a little smaller these days. But, he's still making money for his compnay.

So, I am proud of myself for coming to terms with this, and turning the TV off from all WWE wrestling. I will still post and read the newsboards each day, to keep tabs on things. But I am done watching wrestling, as it is no longer the product I fell in love with. And I am simply moving on, unless I hear that the product I loved at one point, is coming back. Until then, I am done. DONE.

Personally, I can't stand your constant bitching and complaining about the WWE. If you really hate it that much, why are you posting in a WWE forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back