• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are there so many Judge shows on TV?

Jason Riptide

Occasional Pre-Show
They suck, they're all the same and they're mindless. I wake up everyday to this stuff being on just about every channel.

What's worse, is that Im currently in the lounge of a major American university, where people should be smart and know better, that has full cable, and a group of about 15 college students have one of these judge shows on the tv and are discussing it like it's rocket science or life and death. It's ridiculous.

How is it that tv has 30 million judge shows and only like 5 wrestling shows, or no hockey on major networks, or good tv shows like Arrested Development, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Freaks and Geeks, etc.

Who came along and said "Oh, we've got crime drama shows, doctor shows, news shows, judge shows, and oh, all that original programing has got to go."

Ridick.

Then there's something about them I'm not getting. I must not "get" it in the same way that non wrestling fans just don't "get" the point of wrestling.

I have no clue...the only real judge shows are The People's Court and Judge Judy; everything else is just a poor rip-off. Although, there used to be this show called Texas Justice (I'm not sure if it's still on), and that shit was hilarious...it was a judge show, but there was no way in hell that it was anything more than a parody. I remember there was this one case over a steer where they actually brought the big bastard into court and there was another case involving a rapper who started to rap when the judge asked him to (also, the lights went out and everyone started dancing).

Without these shows, how will dropouts below LICO get their stolen property back? At least that's how I always look at it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back