• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are others using the Crippler Crossface?

fossi984

Dark Match Winner
I just wanted to know when it officially became okay for Triple H and Shawn Michaels to steal Chris Benoit's crossface...I mean, the guy's dead and HHH just starts using it in almost every match, it's sad, and then I saw Michaels use it a couple of times and it really pisses me off, I mean I know guys take other guys moves sometimes, but he's dead, they can't come up with something of their own...It might just be me, I was a huge Benoit fan, what he did to his family was digusting, but you don't take the guys move just because he's not in the business anymoreand you think you can do whatever you want

Thats the thing, Triple H CAN do whatever he wants in the WWE :)

As for the whole crossface issue, I see it as a mark of respect for Benoit. True he went crazy, but when he was in the ring he was brilliant at what he did. And seeing as the WWE refuses to aknowlage anything Benoit had done(to the pioint where he is not mentioned on any recent dvds), its a way of keeping his ring spirit alive.

Would you complain if Chavo started using the frogsplash?

Would you complain if Chavo started using the frogsplash?

He does use the frogsplash, dude.

I personally think it's stupid that no one ever taps out to it anymore.

It doesn't matter to me personally that they use the move, but WWE have spent so much time and effort trying to make the world forget about him and all his accomplishments, and doing that move just screams 'BENOIT!' when you see it. The announcers don't play up on this at all. I mean, they don't even call it the Crippler Crossface anymore, but i just think it's stupid for the company to have a 'no mention of Benoit' policy, yet they let two guys do the one thing that is distinctly linked to him, and him only.

This is like the 300Th thread about this and every time gets less and less atention

Please GET OVER IT!!!!

Chris Benoit did NOT create the crossface! Therefore, he did NOT come up with something "of his own"...

It's not like H and Michaels are stealing something... you will see more and more people using it (well... maybe not in WWE TV) and it's not out of respect (or disrespect) for Benoit... it's just a wrestling move like a DDT or a fucking armbar!

They use it as a mark of respect for Benoit, as FoleyIsGod said. There is no conspiracy to it, they were his friends at the end of the day no matter how horrible what he did was.

I'm not a big fan of HHH or HBK using the crossface. The only reason is because they don't do it quite like Benoit (where benoit used it to finish a match and looked painful, HHH and HBK use it more of a weardown move and it comes off looking very weak). The fact that they use the move shouldn't be a bother (it a wrestling move for Christ Sakes, that's like getting mad at anyone who uses the DDT or the Lou Thesz Press and besides, Dean Malenko invented the Crossface not Benoit so technically Benoit stole it from Malenko in the first place). If HHH or HBK use the move, it's cool if you use it properly, but right now it almost looks like when the rock used the sharpshooter, he didn't do it properly so it just didn't have the effect it should (it just looked stupid).

I see it as a mark of respect for Benoit.

I disagree. If anything, I think Triple H and HBK are using it often to make it into an "ordinary" move to help the next generation of pro wrestling fans forget that it was even associated with a psychotic murderer. I think it will result in the same way that Jake Roberts DDT and Tatanka's Samoan Drop became... just ordinary moves. If the people see it and different superstars use it more and more often, it no longer remains special.

It's just another step that the WWE is taking in order to erase its association with Chris Benoit.

People do need to get over this. I hate how much of a fuss people make whenever Shawn or anyone else uses the move. Benoit didn't come up with the move, and he didn't own copyright of it. Therefore, anyone using the move is fine, and the reaction of fans is great, especially the first time it was used after his death.

Crossface is a good move, eventually it won'ty be known as Benoits move anymore, because someone else will use it a lot. He'll slowly be erased, just as the WWE want.

I really don't get the issue with this either. It's a wrestling move. What's next, when Hogan dies we retire the punch for a year or two? No one has any kind of right to claim a move as their own unless they invent it and even then it's a stretch. I seem to remember there being some kind of conflict when Sean O'Haire used the swanton in WCW. Allegedly someone wanted to sue them for stealing Jeff's finisher, until he said he stole it from a guy he saw at an indy show. It's ridiculous to think that just because of what Benoit did that one of the best submissions ever should be banned. Just ridiculous.

People do need to get over this. I hate how much of a fuss people make whenever Shawn or anyone else uses the move.

Not for nothing, Justin does have a point. In a Chris Benoit thread, regarding his Crossface.. you still manage to bring H.B.K. into the post. :p (I'll give you half credit since his name was brought up before you though.. but I assume that was purely to lure you in and get your attention. Like bugs to a zapper.)

There's a couple T.N.A. and old school threads that are Shawn Michaels bare, maybe you should go coat them. :lmao:

Benoit didn't come up with the move, and he didn't own copyright of it.

Technically, you're right. If I recall, wasn't it Dean Malenko that came up with it?

But, it was very much so Chris Benoit's move. Noone else used it while he was alive, unless they were in a match against him.. at which point the announcer's would even blatantly announce that the opposite was stealing his finishing move.

And on that note, I don't see people complaining and fighting that Steve Austin isn't the "owner" of the Stunner, but instead Michael Hayes.

It's merely the fact that if you use a signature move, whether you created it or not.. it "becomes your's".

Therefore, anyone using the move is fine, and the reaction of fans is great, especially the first time it was used after his death.

The fans gave a huge ovation the first time they saw it used after Benoit's death because a collective "holy shit, they're using a murderer's finishing move" came into the thought's and head's of almost everyone.

It wasn't by any means a "good" reaction, so much as a "shocked" reaction.

Crossface is a good move, eventually it won'ty be known as Benoits move anymore, because someone else will use it a lot. He'll slowly be erased, just as the WWE want.

While I do infact agree that anyone should be allowed to use it, I can't help but notice only the top two "political figures" are the only ones, currently using it.

Meanwhile, it will all but almost be FOREVER remembered as Chris Benoit's move, until every last one of us who remember who Benoit ever was.. have died off, and all of our children or children's children merely forget because it's "historical" and not "current".

Chris Benoit won't ever fully erase from the company until future Generation's of fans simply no longer care to review the history of wrestling. Especially for how everything ended, he'll forever or should be forever, remembered. (good or bad)

Not for nothing, Justin does have a point. In a Chris Benoit thread, regarding his Crossface.. you still manage to bring H.B.K. into the post. :p (I'll give you half credit since his name was brought up before you though.. but I assume that was purely to lure you in and get your attention. Like bugs to a zapper.)

There's a couple T.N.A. and old school threads that are Shawn Michaels bare, maybe you should go coat them. :lmao:

You kind of answered your own question - his name was in the first sentence of the thread! And wasn't he one of the last to use it, last Monday night?

What have I told you about debating me anyway??

Technically, you're right. If I recall, wasn't it Dean Malenko that came up with it?

Technically, yes I am right.

But, it was very much so Chris Benoit's move. Noone else used it while he was alive, unless they were in a match against him.. at which point the announcer's would even blatantly announce that the opposite was stealing his finishing move.

Because at the time, he was there to have it as 'his' move. But he's dead, it'd be kind of hard for him to own it :lmao:. Wrestlers have signature moves, yes. But when that wrestler no longer works for the company, they're no longer their finishing moves.

And on that note, I don't see people complaining and fighting that Steve Austin isn't the "owner" of the Stunner, but instead Michael Hayes.

No one would be fighting if anyone else used it either, but people seem to have a huge problem with Benoits move being used.

It's merely the fact that if you use a signature move, whether you created it or not.. it "becomes your's".

It's true. But why the big deal about someone else using it, over a year after he's left the company, and when the move has been used many times before. I can understand a thread like this the first time it's been used. But not now.

The fans gave a huge ovation the first time they saw it used after Benoit's death because a collective "holy shit, they're using a murderer's finishing move" came into the thought's and head's of almost everyone.

It wasn't by any means a "good" reaction, so much as a "shocked" reaction.

I didn't specify what type of reaction it was, but it certainly made the fans sit up and take note, and therefore I see it as a good thing.

While I do infact agree that anyone should be allowed to use it, I can't help but notice only the top two "political figures" are the only ones, currently using it.

I think they're using it because people know them well, and they're slowly paving the way for it to becom,e completely acceptable, without needs for people to be saying "What the hell..that's Benoits move".

Meanwhile, it will all but almost be FOREVER remembered as Chris Benoit's move, until every last one of us who remember who Benoit ever was.. have died off, and all of our children or children's children merely forget because it's "historical" and not "current".

Chris Benoit won't ever fully erase from the company until future Generation's of fans simply no longer care to review the history of wrestling. Especially for how everything ended, he'll forever or should be forever, remembered. (good or bad)

The current fans who watched Benoit won't regard it as anyone elses, but it will slowly merge into being just a general move, untils omeone else 'claims' it.

You kind of answered your own question - his name was in the first sentence of the thread! And wasn't he one of the last to use it, last Monday night?

I unofficially think that's kinda what this thread is hinting at. Triple H. and Shawn Michaels are the only two individuals that have, or continue, to use it, since Benoit's death.

What have I told you about debating me anyway??

:lmao: I know, but I'm an Ass, apparently.

Technically, yes I am right.

I love how you quoted that part of what I said, along with me (and by you quoting it, you) also saying Malenko created it. So you're right.. .. and wrong? :confused:

Because at the time, he was there to have it as 'his' move. But he's dead, it'd be kind of hard for him to own it :lmao:. Wrestlers have signature moves, yes. But when that wrestler no longer works for the company, they're no longer their finishing moves.

That is wrong on so many levels. lol

And to jump into reply to this.. so, what you're saying is.. when Hulk Hogan left for W.C.W., the "Hulk Up" was no longer his, because it was created and used in W.W.F. first?

Just because someone leaves the company (or dies, in this case) doesn't mean it's "no longer their move". But the underlining fact is, it's not officially ANYONE'S move.

This reminds me of Tajiri being pissed about Raven using his rope hold once, so the company forced Raven to apologize and no longer use the hold. lol It's stupid, but the fact is.. that story proves that they typically shy away from people using other people's signature moves. (be them dead, or alive)

No one would be fighting if anyone else used it either, but people seem to have a huge problem with Benoits move being used.

I don't think people have an issue with it being Benoit's move, so much as people have an issue with it being just Triple H. and Shawn Michaels who seem to be using it now. (which means, likely, noone else in the company can.. as they'd be "copying" those two)

It's true. But why the big deal about someone else using it, over a year after he's left the company, and when the move has been used many times before. I can understand a thread like this the first time it's been used. But not now.

LOL Shhh.. someone might catch on that you unofficially just called this thread spam.

I didn't specify what type of reaction it was, but it certainly made the fans sit up and take note, and therefore I see it as a good thing.

:lmao: Almost every major event in Wrestling, good or bad, makes fans take notice. What's the point of being a fan if you don't.

I think they're using it because people know them well, and they're slowly paving the way for it to becom,e completely acceptable, without needs for people to be saying "What the hell..that's Benoits move".

Jake said it a while back in the H.H.H. thread. It's merely a new way for Triple H. (and apparently Shawn Michaels) to refresh their moveset and become even more interesting and talked about.

While it's arguable that they're trying to do the right thing by making it a common move.. someone else should've been the one to take that challenge on, not the two biggest drama factories & political monsters in the industry.

All this is doing is creating (as seen in this thread) negative reactions, more than positive ones.

The current fans who watched Benoit won't regard it as anyone elses, but it will slowly merge into being just a general move, untils omeone else 'claims' it.

I honestly want the move to be available for use again. It was a good move, it was a solid submission hold. But at the same time, it shouldn't be disrespected as just a "regular" submission hold, like an armbar, or a sleeper. It was a finishing submission hold.

Now it's just something that gets randomly put on in the middle of a match, to make the fans react when they're becoming bored with the match itself.

I unofficially think that's kinda what this thread is hinting at. Triple H. and Shawn Michaels are the only two individuals that have, or continue, to use it, since Benoit's death.

Unofficially LOL.

:lmao: I know, but I'm an Ass, apparently.

:lmao: Great conversation.

I love how you quoted that part of what I said, along with me (and by you quoting it, you) also saying Malenko created it. So you're right.. .. and wrong? :confused:

You just confused the hell out of me.

That is wrong on so many levels. lol

And to jump into reply to this.. so, what you're saying is.. when Hulk Hogan left for W.C.W., the "Hulk Up" was no longer his, because it was created and used in W.W.F. first?

I think you answer this yourself just underneath, it's not officially anoyones move. While moves are connected to wrestlers, that wrestler doesn't necessarily 'own' it.

Just because someone leaves the company (or dies, in this case) doesn't mean it's "no longer their move". But the underlining fact is, it's not officially ANYONE'S move.

Exactly :lmao:.

This reminds me of Tajiri being pissed about Raven using his rope hold once, so the company forced Raven to apologize and no longer use the hold. lol It's stupid, but the fact is.. that story proves that they typically shy away from people using other people's signature moves. (be them dead, or alive)

When the person is still wrestling, I can understand it. You wouldn't see someone else using the pedigree now. But that doesn't mean when Triple H retires, no one else can.

I don't think people have an issue with it being Benoit's move, so much as people have an issue with it being just Triple H. and Shawn Michaels who seem to be using it now. (which means, likely, noone else in the company can.. as they'd be "copying" those two)

I doubt that, to be honest. Most people just think "OMG it's Benoits move" without thinking about the person doing it.

LOL Shhh.. someone might catch on that you unofficially just called this thread spam.

There's a sentence, it's not spam!

:
lmao: Almost every major event in Wrestling, good or bad, makes fans take notice. What's the point of being a fan if you don't.

But you don't get a major event every week.

Jake said it a while back in the H.H.H. thread. It's merely a new way for Triple H. (and apparently Shawn Michaels) to refresh their moveset and become even more interesting and talked about.

I don't think it's that really. Neither of them need to refresh their moveset.

While it's arguable that they're trying to do the right thing by making it a common move.. someone else should've been the one to take that challenge on, not the two biggest drama factories & political monsters in the industry.

They're generally looked up to, and seen as the best, I can see why it's them using the move, as opposed to a young star.

All this is doing is creating (as seen in this thread) negative reactions, more than positive ones.

Because people can't seem to just get over it.

I Honestly want the move to be available for use again. It was a good move, it was a solid submission hold. But at the same time, it shouldn't be disrespected as just a "regular" submission hold, like an armbar, or a sleeper. It was a finishing submission hold.

Now it's just something that gets randomly put on in the middle of a match, to make the fans react when they're becoming bored with the match itself.

So we agree..what are we debating??

I dont see why this is such a big deal... so what if chris benoit used this move? the show needs to go on people. if everyone wouldnt use a dead person's wrestling maneuvers, there wouldnt be professional wrestling. So for example, im to assume that everytime someone uses the sleeper (a hold popularized by johnny weaver, whose dead btw) im supposed to be appauled because they are ripping off poor ol' johnny? get real.

Here's the thing.. I don't give a rat's ass WHO i susing it... the move will FOREVER be associated with Chris Benoit.. no matter WHAT Vinnie Mac tries to do.

To let two of the most OVERRATED pieces of trash in the business use the move as simply a "wear down hold" is an insult.

Benoit, on his worst day, could have wrestled RINGS around these two losers.. but because one bangs the boss' daughter and marries her.. and the other one... God only knows WHY that assclown has a job anyway... are so far up Vinnie Mac's @$$ that he lets them do whatever they want to do.

I don't care about WHO created the move.. it's about who PERFECTED IT and who MADE IT FAMOUS.. and for the "Crippler Crossface".. that's Chris Benoit. The same with the DDT... JAKE ROBERTS invented it AND had the most devastating version of it EVER in the business, and it will be FOREVER linked to him, no matter what ANYONE else says!

In fact, take it one setp further... when WENDI RICHTER left the WWF back in the 80's.. she travelled to the NWF where she won their version of the Women's World Title.. and she used.. to the best of my recollection... the first EVER POWERBOMB! The commentators calling the match had no idea what to call it or how to describe it.. but she was either the FIRST or at least ONE of the first to ever use that move... but it's more closely associated with SID VICIOUS since he used it more than anyone else.. while others used a VARIATION of the powerbomb.

No matter what ANYONE says or how they debate or argue Benoit's final moments of life.. he's ALWAYS going to be firmly entrenched in my TOP THREE FAVORITE WRESTLERS OF ALL TIME.

To try and erase the mark the man made on the business because of the last what, 96 hours or so of his life is ridiculous. I seriously think Vinnie Mac is trying to erase Benoit's legacy NOT because of what happened that weekend in Georgia, but because of the fact that what happened FORCED Vinnie Mac to drop the storyline he was working on.. his own "death" in the limo explosion.. or have you all forgotten THAT as well?

Vinnie Mac, while a GENIUS.. is still a self-centered, ego-maniacal, chest thumper who will not stand for being "one upped" in any situation.

No one gives a shit about the Crippler Crossface and it's association with Chrs Benoit. Simply put, the move is too bad ass for it to get banned from the WWE just because Chris Benoit flipped out one night and decided to axe his family. The WWE realizes that the move is about as bad ass as they get, hence why guys like Trips and Michaels are using it. Now, Tripls and Michaels in the two years they've tried to use it have failed to make it look like an effective move, but It hink that has more to do with their inability to lock it on correctly more then anything.

Honestly, who gives a crap if it's associated with Benoit or not. Benoit's dead, the move isn't. Chris Benoit didn't even invent the damn move, that goes to the wrestling god himself Dean Malenko.

You guys are complaining that HHH and Shawn Michaels(two of the best ever) are using the crossface what about Samoa Joe? Maybe we should say that Angle stole Shamrocks ankle lock or that James Storm stole Michaels super kick.....who gives a flip. As far as I am concerned I think WWE is great for erasing Benoit. All of his accomplishments and wrestling ability mean absolutely nothing, he is nothing more than a murder who should be forgotten.

As bad as I hate to admit this, I totally agree. Benoit was one of my all-time favorites. But let me make this totally clear, I don't care that he was very athletic, I don't care that he could jump off a turnbuckle really well, I don't care that his snap suplex was excellent, I don't care that he was devoted to his craft. All of that is NOTHING, I mean less than NOTHING, compared to the fact that he murdered his wife and CHILD.

How DARE anyone place some guys ability to "pretend fight" above the horrific murders of a woman and small child.

I don't care what the reasons were. I don't care if it was steroid-related (It wasn't), I don't care if his frontal lobes were swollen and scabbed from years of head trauma, I don't care if his brain was similar to that of an 80 year old alzheimers patient. I don't care if Eddie's death and Pillman's death and Sullivan crapping on his career and Bruce Hart crapping on his early career and made him snap.

I don't care if he was abused as a child, or if his mother didn't hug him enough, or if his father hugged him too much, or if the kids at the playground mocked him, or if the girls didn't like him, or if a dog pissed in his cheerios one day.

He MURDERED his wife and young son, and the fact that he was good at a certain sport or job is less than meaningless compared to that.

Personally, I despise Vince McMahon for a number of reasons. I think the guys a total dirt bag and I would back and root for anyone to bring him down hard. I think he's crapped all over his employee's for years, I think he considers himself above the rules and laws of polite society, and I think he's got the creative mind of a 14 year old boy with too many hustlers under his bed.

That being said, the moment he decided to wipe any and all references about Chris Benoit from the WWE was a correct and OUTSTANDING move.

He's a murderer and yes, the fact that he is DOES wipe away every other accomplishment he ever did. Especially considering the other "accomplishments" people are always touting are about how good he was at a certain sport.

I'm not entirely sure about this. I mean, it is a submission. It's just a move, and as people said, Benoit may have made it famous, but he didn't invent it. So is it wrong for them to use it? Well, the biggest thing is that he might have used this to kill his son, which obviously makes it a huge deal. But I really don't see the huge deal in using the move. As much as it might seem like it, they aren't disrespecting Benoit. It has become just another move. If Shawn Micheals died, would it suddenly be wrong to use a super kick? It is just another move, and it was probably used in "real" forms of wrestling before Dean Milenko used it anyway. So I don't think the WWE using it is a huge deal. It is just another move, so I guess it's OK for these guys to do it.

As bad as I hate to admit this, I totally agree. Benoit was one of my all-time favorites. But let me make this totally clear, I don't care that he was very athletic, I don't care that he could jump off a turnbuckle really well, I don't care that his snap suplex was excellent, I don't care that he was devoted to his craft. All of that is NOTHING, I mean less than NOTHING, compared to the fact that he murdered his wife and CHILD.

How DARE anyone place some guys ability to "pretend fight" above the horrific murders of a woman and small child.

I don't care what the reasons were. I don't care if it was steroid-related (It wasn't), I don't care if his frontal lobes were swollen and scabbed from years of head trauma, I don't care if his brain was similar to that of an 80 year old alzheimers patient. I don't care if Eddie's death and Pillman's death and Sullivan crapping on his career and Bruce Hart crapping on his early career and made him snap.

I don't care if he was abused as a child, or if his mother didn't hug him enough, or if his father hugged him too much, or if the kids at the playground mocked him, or if the girls didn't like him, or if a dog pissed in his cheerios one day.

He MURDERED his wife and young son, and the fact that he was good at a certain sport or job is less than meaningless compared to that.

Personally, I despise Vince McMahon for a number of reasons. I think the guys a total dirt bag and I would back and root for anyone to bring him down hard. I think he's crapped all over his employee's for years, I think he considers himself above the rules and laws of polite society, and I think he's got the creative mind of a 14 year old boy with too many hustlers under his bed.

That being said, the moment he decided to wipe any and all references about Chris Benoit from the WWE was a correct and OUTSTANDING move.

He's a murderer and yes, the fact that he is DOES wipe away every other accomplishment he ever did. Especially considering the other "accomplishments" people are always touting are about how good he was at a certain sport.

TOTTALY Fuckin Agree with you .

i respected him alot as a wrestler , alot , but after he Murderd , MURDERD His OWN Wife and Son , whatta SICK Bastard he is , FUCK His wrestling ability , like anyone would ever fuckin care for a murderer !!!

WHY THA FUCK does his famlily have to suffer , maybe if he commited suicde , that would be differant , because IT MAY Be Understandable , but fuckin killing your wife and sufficateing your 7 year old son ???

DIE Benoit u SICK Bastard DIE !!! id cheer for anyone who would spit in the bastards face , MURDERER !!!!

anyone disagrees with me , just think about it , an innocent child , who probaly dosent think about anything else but to play with his toys , but his father comes and chokes him to death , how can you respect a human who does that ??? HOW ??? HOW !!!

I Respect Eddie......he loved his family , and even if he didnt , he didnt harm anyone else

FUCK Benoit !!!! Sick Ass Bastard That he is

i respected him alot as a wrestler , alot , but after he Murderd , MURDERD His OWN Wife and Son , whatta SICK Bastard he is , FUCK His wrestling ability , like anyone would ever fuckin care for a murderer !!!

People are intrested in murderers, that's why they make so many books and TV shows about them. It's why people are entertained by the Saw films.

Benoit matches are exactly the same now as they were before he killed a couple of people. People still listen to and enjoy Snoop Dogg music even though it's a possibilty he's a murderer and a rapist.

WHY THA FUCK does his famlily have to suffer , maybe if he commited suicde , that would be differant , because IT MAY Be Understandable , but fuckin killing your wife and sufficateing your 7 year old son ???

Bang your head numerous times, develope depression and see how stable you are mentally. It's a common occurance.

DIE Benoit u SICK Bastard DIE !!! id cheer for anyone who would spit in the bastards face , MURDERER !!!!

I don't want to point out the obvious, but he's already dead.

Your reaction is hardly sane. I insist you give me your house number so I can get the police to check on you.

anyone disagrees with me , just think about it , an innocent child , who probaly dosent think about anything else but to play with his toys , but his father comes and chokes him to death , how can you respect a human who does that ??? HOW ??? HOW !!!

He spent years gaining the child's trust. HE NEVER SAW IT COMING. I'm joking of course, people can still respect people for their wrestling abiluity.

I Respect Eddie......he loved his family , and even if he didnt , he didnt harm anyone else

Didn't he harm his family by being a fuck up and leaving them with no money when he dided?

i think that it is a big deal if only HHH and HBK are allowed to do the move, considering that MVP used to do a crossface called the T.T.B, (Tribute to Benoit/ Take it To the Bank) before Benoit died (although i think he never used it in wwe), and he hasn't been seen doing this move since Benoit died.

Considering MVP desperately needs a better finisher, and arguably would be propelled into the main event by having a submission move to his locker, surely by giving him this move, calling it Take it To the Bank, that would take people's mind off Benoit eventually, especially considering MVP has ability to become a massive deal in WWE.

But making HHH and HBK do a weaker version? firstly that's unfair because its just them two who are allowed. second of all, it will just make people think "wow, this move used to be a lot better when that murderer guy did it"

i dunno i think if we got rid of a crossface completely it would be ridiculous, maybe they should let someone use it as the finisher, give it a different name, and modify it slightly.

RIP daniel and nancy.

I didnt know when it became ok to say just becuase one wrestler is doing anothers move, that its "stealing" it. What a silly thing to say. I guess EVERY person who does a leg drop, is "stealing" it from hulk Hogan?? eveyr person who does a ddt is "stealing" it from Jake the Snake??? Silly bullshit. Who cares if they both do it?? its a good submission move that pops the crowd. Personally, id be more for it if they gave the move to a new up and coming, than simply allowing Trips and Shawn to use it to pop the crowd, but either way, who cares??? Signature moves, have, and always will be replicated, is the cycle of the buisness.

I don't mind that it's being used, just the fact that it should be used as a finishing submission move. When HHH or HBK break it out in the middle of a match, nobody expects their opponent to tap it. I remember after Eddie Guerrero died, Chavo started doing the Three Amigos. It seemed like everybody had a problem with it, probably the fact that Chavo was a heel IDK. Everybody gets moves from everybody so this is much ado about nothing.

Does Dean Malenko have a problem with them using the move HE invented?

Art Barr died because of the drugs he used to do, and Eddie Guerrero started to do the frog splash.

Eddie died, and Rey Mysterio(briefly), Chavo, and Christian all used the frog splash.

In fact, didn't Benoit start using the diving headbutt because his hero The Dynamite Kid used it? And wasn't he a nut who tried to kill his wife?

Face it, anyone can do any move they want. As long as Vince doesn't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back