Who's winning KOTR? (SMACKDOWN SPOILERS!!)

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Smackdown KOTR participants are as follows:
Alberto Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, and Drew McIntyre

The RAW guys are John Morrison, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Ezekiel Jackson.

------

Looking at all the names qualified, I wouldn't mind seeing any of these guys win it, except for McIntyre. That said, Alberto Del Rio, Zeke, and Bryan are my top choices. Del Rio needs that one accolade to become a big deal, fairly quick, and it would fit his gimmick. Bryan is my favorite wrestler. Zeke is intense and I love watching him decimate the weak, and KING DOMINATION with his bible passages and his power could be an awesome gimmick.

Next Monday should be fantastic.

Dude, do you watch his matches? He might be bad in the ring, but he makes his matches exciting by running around and crushing things and being INTENSE. I love seeing him squash guys; it's fun.

Sheamus and Morrison ends in a no contest.

Del Rio gets a cheap win over Bryan and a bye to the finals.

Jackson over McIntyre.

Rhodes over Kofi.

Jackson over Rhodes.

Jackson over Del Rio.

I do like that side of him I guess, but I wouldn't want him to win.

Sheamus to win and HHH to come back in a KING vs. KING of KINGS match.... :lol: !!!

I really want somebody like Zeke or Bryan to win. However, I think Sheamus is going to end up winning. Once he wins, the WWE can set up an easy Triple H return.

It'll be Alberto Del Rio, defeating Sheamus in the process. Can you imagine the heat this ******** is going to draw when he comes out as arrogant as he is already, but now with crown, robe, and the full regal persona? Will cement him as one of the top heels in the company, and certainly on Smackdown.

There is so much potential for any winner, really. Del Rio wouldn't have to change his gimmick, it'd fit right in to his kayfabe lineage of kings. A returning Trippy, and a Celtic King vs. King of Kings match? Gold. King Bryan being challenged by former teacher and 2008 King of the Ring, William Regal, possibly culminating in a Title vs. Career match? Awesome. Cody Rhodes with the Dashing gimmick being pushed through to the main event? Could be very entertaining. John Morrison, king of the Palace of Wisdom? It works! Hell, even McIntyre might become interesting if he makes it.

I cannot WAIT for RAW!

It's hard for me to really care about King of the Ring when it's become a "one night" special. It should return to the PPV schedule. You're telling me KOTR can't draw better than/as well as Over The Limit, Fatal Fourway, Extreme Rules, or any other gimmick PPV they have?

Anyway, I'm actually hoping for a Daniel Bryan win. I know he doesn't need it, having the U.S. title and all, but I just don't care about anyone else involved in this tournament. Sheamus really doesn't need it, and neither does John Morrison, who's a proven, veteran guy. Del Rio annoys me, and I see nothing special about Big Zeke, Drew McIntyre, or Kofi Kingston. I like Cody Rhodes, but I'm not sure he's ready for a huge push just yet. Danielson FTW.

Well looking at the way things are going in WWE, I think John Morrison would win.

Final would be between Morrison and Del Rio.

Then again WWE could end up pushing Zeke all of a sudden. I would certainly welcome that more than Morrison.

Барбоса;2619083 said:
Would be very surprised if Regal does not have something to do on RAW next week considering he is still the reigning "King"

Good point. He could screw Bryan out of his match setting up his final feud with his student.

That's what I'm hoping for, if Bryan doesn't win. I want to get Regal/Bryan somehow!

Sheamus and Morrison are feuding. count them out.
Del Rio's feuding with Rey. Count him out.
Bryan's US champion and therefore doesn't need this. Count him out.

I wouldn't mind most of the rest winning, with my preference being Rhodes. I'm pretty sure that he could fit royalty into his "Dashing" gimmick.

I can't wait, I'll be there. I'll definitely be pulling for Big Zeke, but I can see a handful of guys winning this thing. Zeke, Rhodes, and DrewMc being my 3 favorites after reading the spoilers.

Nick I don't see KOTR changing much if they brought it back to PPV.

It's already 3 hours long and the only thing missing are the WWE & World title matches

Nick I don't see KOTR changing much if they brought it back to PPV.

It's already 3 hours long and the only thing missing are the WWE & World title matches

Not sure how many years this went on, but if you won the KOTR, you got a shot at the World title at Summerslam. That's creating a superstar, and can be an equal to, or even greater than, draw than what they have in place now. Also, it's a popular title for a PPV, not far behind "the big four." I'm not saying it absolutely needs to be a PPV again, I just can't see how it's not better than/more important than a gimmick ppv entitled "Fatal Fourway."

I think that it will be Daniel vs Del Rio in the finals. These two could put on one hell of a match together. Bryan is already over so I think Del Rio needs to win this. He gets heat but if he wins KOTR he has something to gloat about he he's sure as hell not ready for the World title so this is a good thing to hold him off for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back