Who's winning KOTR? (SMACKDOWN SPOILERS!!)

Sheamus and Morrison are feuding. count them out.
Del Rio's feuding with Rey. Count him out.
Bryan's US champion and therefore doesn't need this. Count him out.

I'm using this to remove possible contenders.

I wouldn't mind most of the rest winning, with my preference being Rhodes. I'm pretty sure that he could fit royalty into his "Dashing" gimmick.

Possibly, but considering he is playing his character quite well I don't think he'd need the extra material to work with. Allow him to develop freely rather than forced like being handed a crown (although to your point it can fit in to his gimmick). So, with that in mind, there are three picks left... which I can erase one right now:

Ezekiel Jackson - Recently returned star that's given a push as a face. He's been shown as dominant and with his previous gimmick by quoting bible references, the King schtick can easily tie in. However, I highly doubt they'd give it to him as he's already getting a push.

So, we are down to two:

Kofi Kingston - He's a upper midcarder at best on SD who hasn't gotten over the hurdle to get him there permanently. This could be what he needs to push him further... also, he hasn't had a gimmick since he dropped the Jamaican accent, so the crown could allow him to cut some sort of directed promo that the Universe could attach themselves too.

Drew McIntyre - The "Chosen One" has been floating around the midcard area ever since he lost the IC championship, with multiple attempts to get back to a higher position on the card. He was dubbed by Vince as the next World champion, so what better way to fulfill the prophecy by winning the tournament? It ties in well with his gimmick and considering he comes from the UK, a Scotish King would make sense.

I think McIntyre should win this due to the fact that desperately needs something to connect to the crowd with because... well... after the amount creative spent in making him something it hasn't worked out as planned. There are some people out there that appreciate Drew's abilities but the majority thinks he fucking sucks and boo him not because he's a heel, but because of the huge amount of suckage he brings to the ring. That match he and Cody had against Santino/Kozlov a while back on a live RAW showed that the crowd doesn't give a fuck about McIntyre... so he needs something. This maybe his last opportunity.

Del Rio.

It fits in with his "Rich" Gimmick

You can imagine him coming out his limo, with his crown on, going; "I am King Alberto Del Rio!" He'll probably go on to talk about one of his family who used to be royalty, but that he's better than that. It would make more him even more cocky than he was.

I really don't mind if any of the participants win it. I would've agreed about Drew McIntyre a few days ago, but after the taping on Tuesday, he was the most entertaining part of the dark match main event. The guy was acting completely different than he does when the cameras are rolling and he was actually entertaining. He won me over with that match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back