"Who's The Jannetty Now!!!???"

Firstly, I had to re-watch RAW for this because I missed it the first time around. This was the single greatest thing Mike Mizanin has ever said. And I've been watching him since he was bitched out by ROADKILL... yes THAT ROADKILL... on Real World 10: Back to NY...

His character of the Miz started back then. And I actually wanted to see him in the ring back then too. I loved the "promos" he was "cutting" on the show and couldn't get enough. On the Real World/Road Rules Challenges that followed he was great, just great.

I found out he had gone to UPW to train to be a real wrestler and even have a few matches of his (oh how I miss the Mizard of Oz finisher)... and if I wasn't already a fan of his before, I surely was hooked. Granted he was a face then, but that's beside the point.

When Tough Enough came around again... I saw him in the audition tapes and nearly lost my mind. The fact he was then on Smackdown, competing for his dream made me vote constantly for him. I hated Daniel Puder with a passion, probably because I hate self-righteous assclowns and he's so full of himself he might implode.

But... the assclown won and Miz came in second. I then learned of who got Developmental Deals after the contest and was glad Miz was one of them. He then showed up as the "host" of Smackdown and the shortly moved over the ECW, debuting his "Chick Magnet" character and my favorite shirt and ring attire ever.

Everything that happened after is well documented... and for anyone and I mean ANYONE to say Miz sucks or Miz is horrible or is anything BUT AWESOME... is just a hater. Much like the people who want Cena to die or want HHH to retire, they will never be happy no matter what happens. Accept that you have two great NATURAL talents in John Hennigan and Mike Mizanin who don't come around too often nowadays. And oh yeah...

BEFORE anyone forgets... Hennigan came through Tough Enough 2 (double meaning there I know)....

I believe the next Jannety will be Cody Rhodes. Dibiase has better mic skills and is a better wrestler. I can't stand when Cody gets on the mic because he has no charisma and his lisp is awful. I recall watching Dibiase's match with Orton months back and I think he dominated the match even though he lost. This match also showed me why Legacy needs to turn on Orton and go face.

The sky is the limit for Dibiase and Rhodes will eventually become a jobber that will stay around because of his name. Cody is a good kid and I like him, but I think he has very limited potential long term. I do hope for their sakes, Legacy goes face and wins gold because I think they should not be broken up anytime soon. As a team they could be like the Hardys or E/C as a face team. Their potential as a team is great and work amazingly together. Maybe if they stay together for awhile Cody can improve and hide his weaknesses as a wrestler until he does improve enough to go the singles route. Besides, there aren't enough tag teams out there so Legacy should be given a shot to be legitimate.

I got to agree wth the Cody Rhodes theory. Cody does not look like a future WWE singles champion. Cody is not a good talker on the mic. Cody really needs to gain weight before he even thinks about competing. Sadly, the only son of Dusty Rhodes who should have been a world champion is Dustin and unfortunately, he is still stuck in a gimmick that had run its course over 10 years ago.

Im gonna have to go 2/ the 2-man power trip... for those of you who dont know, it was Austin and HHH... now they only existed for a few months, but look what they did After they broke up: Austin: a WCW title, 4 WWE titles
HHH: 1 undisputed title, 1 IC, and 5 world title reigns
show me another team thats done that!
11 world titles!

:lol:hahahahahahahahaha:lol: You are a tool. You are correct in that Morrison has all those accomplishments, but you so conveniently left out that Miz held how many of those accolades WITH Morrison. Like the tag titles... twice. Slammys (which are pretty much irrelavent)... twice.

As for the Miz using MTV... false. That's just complete ignorance to no end. Allow me to take you to school about the Miz.

It's this type of ignorance that really grinds my gears. Curse me not knowing how to use multi-quote. As for the comment about the Miz "using his fame to get into the WWE," that makes me want to punch a baby. Your baby if I'm able. The Miz entered a Tough Enough contest. He made it to the final round of said contest. At a PPV (Armageddon I believe), he lost a boxing match based on crowd reaction to the guy that eventually won. Yes. Crowd reaction. The Miz had that against him from the beginning because he was booed forever and nobody wanted to give him a chance being a "reality TV star." The Miz was also part of UPW (in as early as 2003), Deep South Wrestling (first ever Deep South Champion), and Ohio Valley Wrestling. He didn't make his WWE wrestling debut until mid-late 2006... after he was done being the hype man for Smackdown and hosting Diva Search contests. So as you can see, the Miz was in developement for 2½ years before he even made his WWE debut...almost 3 years before his in-ring debut. JBL was a big-wig backstage and he hated the Miz. The Miz rose above this. The fans had it out for him from the beginning. The Miz rose above this. And now... dare I say... the Miz has become the new Kennedy. He's the internet darling that everybody sees potential in that is getting over with good ring skills, and great mic work.

I defend the Miz to death because I've been a fan of his from the beginning because on all those MTV shows I watched when I was younger, he was hilarious. He still is hilarious. Funny gets you places in life. It comes in handy in those promos. Plus, if you look at the guy, he never gave ANYBODY a real reason to hate him. That's another reason why I never was on the "hate Miz bandwagon." They just wanted somebody to hate. Who better than a guy from MTV fame?

The Miz has EARNED EVERYTHING he's received. The WWE didn't sign him because he was a reality star. They don't give a shit where you come from. The Miz was signed because he was talented and he has shown us that. Now the MTV stint might have helped... it might not have. But being an MTV star didn't let the Miz hold the tag titles with Morrison for as long as they did in their combined reigns. He's grown a ton since his debut just 3 years ago. Next time, please get your facts straight before you start have diareaha of the mouth and go on about how the Miz is only in the WWE because of his reality "fame."

Also, you totally fail to mention how much longer Morrison has been in the WWE as opposed to the Miz. Morrison made his debut around the first quarter of 05. The Miz didn't step into the ring until late 06. That's a year and a half more face time and experience Morrison has over the Miz. ABOUT a year and a half from right now is a little event you might know about called Wrestlemania 27. I'm not saying the Miz is going to be winning the big one then, nor am I saying Morrison will (which he will win a big one before the end of 2010...I'd bet my left nut on that). Compare the first 5½-6 years of Morrisons career to that of the Miz around WM27. THEN you will see how evenly they will stack up.

i am not a fuckin tool to the damn WWE, okay i have been a morrison fan since he started with MNM and he was the glue that held that team together without his in ring ability that team would have been gone before they started, and THE MIZ used his mtv background to get in the tough enough compation. okay John morrison was also in this same thing but did you hear anything about him before WWE no okay and lets be honest i will give the devil his due on the mike the miz is allright he isn't the best but he is good but in ring hell no hell the team was being held together by again JOHN MORRISON okay look at the moves they did together john morrison was flying around what was the miz doing holding the oppenent for john, and big freakin woop john was around a half year longer then the miz that don't mean anything okay and the miz puts on matches that are 3 stars at the most john morrison puts on 4 to 5 star matches and its not because he has been around longer its because he is better talented then the freakin miz

Im gonna have to go 2/ the 2-man power trip... for those of you who dont know, it was Austin and HHH... now they only existed for a few months, but look what they did After they broke up: Austin: a WCW title, 4 WWE titles
HHH: 1 undisputed title, 1 IC, and 5 world title reigns
show me another team thats done that!
11 world titles!

The Two-Man Powertrip doesn't count, nor do Benoit and Jericho or Rock and Sock. All three of those teams consisted of men who were world champions before they became a team. They were bonafide singles stars put together for a storyline.

The Hardys, Edge & Christian, and Miz & Morrison were tag teams first and foremost. Morrison had some marginal singles success early on, but his tag team with the Miz was legitimate and long-term.

I love the fact that someone brought up the British Bulldogs. Strike Force was a team with a great split, but neither member of that team (Martel or Santana) went on to be a world champion.

Sting and Ultimate Warrior - an AWA team known as The Blade Runners - weren't a team long enough in a major promotion to be considered, at least I don't think so.

There is the Hart Foundation, though Bret and Anvil didn't have a nasty split. Bret just branched out. But with that team, Anvil is absolutely the Jannetty.

Harlem Heat was a GREAT CALL. Booker T is still winning pretty big titles in TNA, while Stevie Ray drifted away quietly. They had a rough split.

The Hollywood Blondes, someone mentioned, and there is absolute fact there. Steve Austin = Megastar, Brian Pillman = untapped potential.

What about The Steiner Brothers? Scott is a multi-time World Champion, whereas the highest rank Rick ever got was, I believe, the WCW TV Title. They had a split for a time, but Rick was definately the Jannetty of that team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back