• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who would YOU have make you a star?

frostbite2819

Pre-Show Stalwart
If you had a match at Wrestlemania next year and were given thirty minutes to get over, but had to lose, who would you wrestle so that you would look good even in defeat. You can use any wrestler, from any organization, from the past or present, in their prime.

Without a doubt I would choose Kurt Angle circa 2003-2004.
He didn't have as many WM matches as HBK, but he brought his best every single time, and had some terrific classic Mania matches with Benoit/Y2J, Lesnar, HBK and Eddie. Give me thirty minutes with this guy any day.
Any wrestler would benefit from this or they wouldnt be fit to be a wrestler.

Keep in mind that putting up a fight but losing to Angle is what made Cena a star back in the day. Same could be said for Benoit, to an extent.

And my runner up would be the Macho Man circa 1989, when he was at the top of his game, just to be able to say I wrestled Randy freakin Savage at Mania.

Trish Stratus, early 2000s. That is every Diva-wanna-be's dream, to face her in her prime and impress the fans as well as Trish herself. And if not Trish then Michelle McCool before LayCool. That would be awesome to ace either of them in my first WrestleMania match!

I would choose to lose to Undertaker. To face him at 'Mania would be a great honour. It would make me a part of the most legendary streak in the industry. Also, he makes his opponents look good, even in losing to him.

Without a doubt that choice would go to Chris Jericho, ofcourse the guy is my favorite wrestler and my hero, but he also has had tons of great Mania matches that will forever be remembered as classics, I would want to be a part of one of those. I would love to have a match reminiscent of Jericho-Benoit at The Royal Rumble in 2001, it would have to be a ladder match and it would me the greatest honor ever to lose to him, especially after being put in the walls upside down on a ladder, pure fucking epicness.

Royal_Rumble_2001_-_Chris_Benoit_Vs_Chris_Jericho_02_display_image.jpg

Without a doubt that choice would go to Chris Jericho, ofcourse the guy is my favorite wrestler and my hero, but he also has had tons of great Mania matches that will forever be remembered as classics, I would want to be a part of one of those. I would love to have a match reminiscent of Jericho-Benoit at The Royal Rumble in 2001, it would have to be a ladder match and it would me the greatest honor ever to lose to him, especially after being put in the walls upside down on a ladder, pure fucking epicness.

Jericho is so awesome he would probably let you pin him gunslinger. The guy is one of the most unselfish superstars in the history of the business..

I agree 110% with you. Even losing to Jercho will make you look good, but I might have to pass on whole painful, rapped around a ladder thing, but a flaming table on the other hand......

I gotta go HBK in my opinion he's the greatest to step in a ring the man has had countless of classics he has made lesser talent look like a million bucks at maina he would turn it on like nobody else 30 mins with Shawn sign me up i look back at his WM 14 match vs Austin the pain he was in and he still went out there and performed I always say this to my brother I don't how he nipped up with his back in the shape that it was and four years off no match to go about 30-35 with triple h was amazing my choice HBK hands down just being in a match with him at mania will make u a star win or lose

What better way to write your name into history than loosing to the undertaker!

It would be an honor to be part of his streak and mentioned every year at wrestlemania or during the build up to it even if you don't become a big stars anyway ( I am looking at you A-train and Nathan Jones). Plus an image of undertaker doing his kneel over rouge thing would be awesome to see in a video package The very next year!

I'd have to say Triple H! The guy is known for putting over talent and making nobodies into stars!....

But seriously, id also have to go with Jericho. The guy could beat you senseless for a hour straight and still make you look like a million bucks!

I wouldn't really say Undertaker is that good at making someone a star, i think it's more his name that puts guys over. Heck wasn't it Undertaker who complained to vince about the way CM Punk carried himself as WHC, resulting in a opening card squash at HIAC where taker won the title? To me that is not making someone look good.

One of the reasons Diva matches are so short is that few of the girls actually wrestle; instead, they hit spots, a method of working that doesn't really allow for long matches since there are a limited number of spots that fit in a single contest. If I had to go 30 minutes and have an opponent that would work with me, I'd pick Molly Holly. She was one of the few women who truly knew how to work a match, and her style would lend itself to a contest that lasted a half-hour.

This would depend on the type of wrestler I was.

Vanilla babyface - I'd go with Bruser Broody. Just hanging with the monster for 30 mins would instently shoot someone up the card

Technical face - Ric Flair (81-92) was the master at making people look like champions during this period

Cowardly Heel - Hogan (84-89) this was part of his bread and butter. Think Dibiasi, Piper, Orndorf, Piper et al.

Technical Heel - Ricky Steamboat ok I'd loose but it would be an epic match up.

For me it comes down to either Shawn Michaels or the Undertaker.

I would love the opportunity to be a part of the undefeated streak if I had to lose a Wrestlemania match in order to help me become a star. Taker has done a good job of making people look good in most of his matches and the build has always been awesome. If I picked Taker then I would book myself in Trips' place last year. My character would be a gamer in a trenchcoat wearing sunglasses, I'd give promos about all of the difficult bosses I've defeated and how Taker is my chance to go into a boss fight in real life, or something. I could use a Dragonforce song for an entrance theme. This build, while a bit silly, would be something original and new. It's something I could do comfortably though, a character that's "me". Obviously I would become victim #19, but facing Taker at Wrestlemania is a special opportunity especially in recent years as it's a match that everyone pays attention to.

Then there's Shawn Michaels. The build might not be as good as the Taker one would be, but I know he would be the best option for someone to make me look good. He always stole the show at Wrestlemania and we are about the same size so his style in the ring would be a good one to learn from. I could honestly run a similar build to the Taker one. Given the reputation Michaels had of stealing the show at several Wrestlemania's, I could still do the gamer promos comparing the upcoming match to epic boss battles.

If I were a wrestler and could pick anyone from any time to face it'd be either Taker or Michaels (2008-2011 timeframe for both cases) because they are legends who can put almost anyone over. Even if they defeat them they still make their opponent look great, plus it would result in a high profile match that everyone would pay attention to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back