• Kane

• Orton

• Ambrose

• Owens

• Styles

• Sheamus

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
OR it could also be somebody from NXT. HHH said somebody who's not on the "roster"... Is he talking main roster or entire company's roster? To me it seems like he's hinting at the possibility of a call-up getting this match and if that IS the case, I can see Baron Corbin getting the call and the immediate big push. If Vince can't have Strowman, "DAMNIT I'LL HAVE CORBIN!" Still, it's a long shot, but I think it is more likely than any of the other names listed right now.

Speculation is huge on Kurt Angle but I believe he's booked to wrestle Mysterio on March 20th. Don't remember where but I'm pretty sure that is a fact. Doubt he'll be able to appear on WWE before then meaning there would be no chance he appears for the build. I guess it could work if they decide to keep Takers Mania opponent a secret to be revealed the night of, but that's the only way I see this match happening.

I can't see them putting Goldberg in the ring with Taker. Not unless they want the Deadman to actually die. Goldberg was a damn rough worker during his time and he hurt A LOT of people. 10 years of ring rust may not help that too much. If I had to guess right now, I'd say Sting is the opponent. He's not on the roster because of his injury, he wasn't one of the names listed as a no-go, and I haven't heard anything about his neck in months. Given the chance at this point, WWE would be stupid not to have this match take place, especially with all the injuries.

I still say it could only be Cena or Sting. Goldberg hasnt been relevant for at least 12 years, with the only Mania gimmick he wouldve had since that being Streak vs streak.

WOW it's a really tough pick this years, with most of the top tier talent out right now, and the remainder booked in or around the World Title scene. Sure, Brock Lesnar will most likely be available / not part of the HHH vs Reigns match at WM32, but I don't think they will do Taker vs Brock AGAIN, after they spent most of the past year finishing off that feud.

If it's really someone not on the roster, personally I think Kurt Angle would be awesome. If Taker appears, issuing his standard "silent challenge" for Wrestlemania, and no one answers... and then Angle's old iconic WWE theme hits, the crowd would go nuts. Also, it would also be a pretty decent match, as Angle certainly has a few good ones left in him.

I'd also give an outside chance to The Rock. I guess he'll either be involved (maybe with Ronda Rousey) as backup to Roman Reigns vs Triple H (with Vince and Stephanie in his corner), but if they scrap that, then Taker vs Rock at Wrestlemania would be awesome. Not a great match possible, with Rock as bulked up as he is and obviously "ring rusty", but the marquee alone would be beyond awesome, and could actually work as a legit retirement match for the Deadman.

Sting would be my personal favorite, but with his injury after the Rollins match, it seems that this is off the table... I really don't care if the match would suck (which it probably wouldn't - I guess it would be "OK"), in this case it's just really about the iconic moment. But alas, not likely to happen now...

Goldberg I don't think will happen.

Batista might be another guess since Vince has approached him for a WM match apparently, but we've already seen Taker vs Batista at Mania, so the attraction isn't exactly great there.

Realistically, I could think they might either go with Kane (which is always a "quick and dirty" solution), which would be boring, or - god forbid - even Big Show. Sheamus I guess could be enother option, but none of them seem particularly thrilling.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kurt Angle (with a side prayer for Sting ^^).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back