• Stone Cold

• Kevin Owens

• Sting

• Daniel Bryan

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
This is the biggest wild card for WrestleMania right now. I can only think of 3 names for him. Kevin Owens,Roman Reigns and Stone Cold. Basically you need to put Who should be his opponent??? and Who will be his opponent???

I actually have no idea but I'll put some ones I'd like to see and the stories.

Reigns (c) vs Cena: The story here is Reigns is the new young king of the pride, Cena is chasing his 16th title reign and to prove he can still hang in the #1 spot. I think I'd have Reigns win to start the torch passing and to very slowly build Cena's heel turn which would culminate in the actual torch passing down the line

Bryan vs Cena II in a #1 Contenders match: These guys tore the house down at Summerslam 2013 in my opinion. They delivered WWE's match of the year and Bryan's best WWE singles match to date also IMO. I've been dying to see them to do it again since that day and that's really all you need for a story. Winner doesn't matter but I would assume Cena gets his win back here.

Cena vs Taker: Retirement match for Taker. Either let Cena do the J.O.B to send Taker out or have Cena very subtly steal the win to again build towards his heel turn.

Cena vs Austin: Austin returning for one match only in front of 100k in his homestste standing for his generation against Cena. People who hate Cena would want to see Austin stomp a mudhole in him and walk it dry. I think you'd have to send the folks home happy with Austin winning

TBH, I'm still waiting for his match vs. The Undertaker.. What ever happened to that.. I still think they should go at it on the Grandest Stage of em All.. Taker has nothing to lose, tbh neither has Cena.. Cena can carry a match no doubt and Taker can still go, we've seen that.

I have a feeling he may go against Seth Rollins, I dnuh, just have that feeling. I don't think he'll go after the World title next year.

Should have added Undertaker as one of your options in the poll bro, come on now.

Cena vs Undertaker is probably one of the biggest money matches that have yet to happen on the grandest stage.

Since we're nearing the end of Taker's career, I see this happening at WM 32 in front of his home state of Texas

actually I like wwe make cena officially announce to became 16 time champion. at royal rumble cena wins rumble match and became no 1 contender for wwe title. bryan became wwe champion at rumble against ambrose who cash his mitb against roman at survivor series. fans booing cena when he stand against bryan. i like cena stole the win at wm32 against Bryan. cena turning heel is great and surprise at mania.

Well there are quite a few options but the truth is we might not know yet, Cena fought Wyatt at his first Mania and then fought Rusev at his first real Mania match, so it might be a debuting guy.

Cena/Taker would have been a huge draw, on the level of only a few other matches but that time is gone now. The draw would have been the fans not knowing who was going to win, if Cena would end the undefeated streak of the Deadman...but it's over. So I think in a lot of ways Taker matches at Mania have dropped in importance and drawing power. My favorite guy so I'm not badmouthing him, just how I view it.

Cena/Bryan was my pick for what Cena would do this year, a face/face feud involving the Bellas which would have explained why they kept using Bryan pops on Brie, plus with Brie turning heel it could be interesting to see how the WWE would work it. Plus it would give Bryan one of the highest matches at last years Mania, sadly though I don't know if it would work as well this year. Bryan has been pushed slightly down the card and with him not being out till the Rumble there are far better options for both guys.

Something we aren't really considering is Cena/Orton. I know we as a community wouldn't be behind it but the WWE consider this one of the best feuds of all time and if you look back, they've never fought one on one at Mania...why haven't they? So expect it to come soon especially if they are serious about selling the stadium out with lots of big name matches.

Cena/Reigns is very much an idea but I think the best time for this would have also been this year, but with the Reigns backlash this match has bad all over it.

Cena/Rollins could be an interesting sleeper pick, imagine Rollins has a great year, has the title almost the entire year. If the WWE could work it, I think this would be the perfect match for a double switch, I don't know why but I think that. Would be even better if Seth could get the clean win.

I'm not quite seeing Cena/Austin as an option, of course they could always throw Rock back at Cena

If I had to make a serious guess, just one guy who I would put money on it'd be Bryan I guess. Not too confident but he's the closest thing to sure I am

I've been saying Kevin Owens for about a month now. It fits perfectly with Owens' current character that wants to go straight to the top and isn't going going to work his way up. After working Bray Wyatt at 30 and Rusev at 31, working with the next generation seems to be a growing trend for Cena. With the kinda crowd that packs WrestleMania.. the atmosphere for Cena vs Owens would be incredible (probably hostile haha).

I think if they built him up right maybe Big E could be a good opponent for Cena. We've seen in Cena's run him face the monster type of heel like Umaga, Khali, Ryback, Rusev etc. I think a similar build could work for Big E. I think there styles would work well together in the ring, we've seen Cena carry larger opponents to good matches. I would think that New Day will be split by WM 32. Big E would have to get a strong push to be a credible threat to Cena. But he's a fresh opponent for Cena to face and i think it could work if The booking is right.

I've always thought that Cena vs. Undertaker in an I Quit match at Wrestlemania would be bad ass. I'd love to see that and I think that's a money match. The two guys who've never tapped out. I hate that he streak was broken but in a way it almost makes Undertakers matches a bit more interesting. I'd have never thought Bray Wyatt would have had a shot at beating him this year if he was still undefeated. I also think A heel Cena vs Roman Reigns for the World a Title would be pretty cool. I actually don't want Roman to win the title until 32 so maybe Cena goes in as champ. Or Roman wins at the rumble but either way I'd have Roaman win.

I hope his opponent is Stone Cold. Media could make the feud feel personal like Rock/Cena was if they really go into how Austin doesn't like Cena using the stunner.

Realistically, I think since it seems like they're phasing Cena out of the main event and have him facing younger talents it wouldn't surprise me to see him face Neville, Kevin Owens, etc.

I'd like to see a Cena heel turn by Wrestlemania, To change things up a bit, Apart from winning US title he hasn't appeared to have done anything too memorable lately and starting to feel like he's just going through the motions now so it would be a nice change to see him turn heel for the next 2 or 3 years and get relevant again while hes still young enough to compete at a main event level, Even after his heel turn has run its course after a couple of years I think he could make a face return and be more popular than ever again. Also putting over some new up and coming faces in the process of his heel run. Would be ideal to see a double turn at the event next year against Seth Rollins if he's still the champion turning Rollins face at same event he turns heel.

A few options. Let's get the 2 unlikely choices out of the way.

Steve Austin & Hulk Hogan. I don't see Austin coming back. He could have come back at Mania 25. It's just not what he wants.

Hogan though craves spotlight, Vince craves spotlight and money. If they allow Hogan to wrestle (which is the rumour) in his retirement it will be a MEGA moment (yes, bigger than Taker's supposed retirement. Trust Hogan to steal the spotlight again). Cena is the ONLY guy on the active roster who should face Hogan.

Undertaker - If Taker/Sting, ain't happening. This is the match. It's been talked about since about Mania 25, and just never happened. Instead Cena got sidelined with The Rock, Taker got sidelined with the Triple H/HBK 4 year saga. Then Taker obviously lost the Streak. That would have added so much to this match, but its still a high drawing match, and one where Taker could go -2.

Roman Reigns - Supposedly the next guy to carry the company. Cena could give Reigns a massive rub here. Reigns could also get the face cheers he needs by facing Cena.

Sting - Not a big drawing match. Maybe just for the fact that the current face of the WWE is facing one of the faces of WCW. And Cena essentially faces everyone. Like Triple H, if they come to WWE, Cena faces them.

Sami Zayn/Neville/Owens/Balor - a few of those guys may not have debuted by this time. But any of the NXT guys could go with Cena. They'd have a great match (see: Zayn-Cena on RAW) but they have to gain some massive momentum. This is also highly unlikely.

Triple H - meh.

Randy Orton - never happened 1-on-1 at Mania, but this is one of those seen it too many times and the chemistry ain't Rock-Austin like, to want to see it again.

Daniel Bryan - still going to wrestle?

I'd say if Hogan is allowed to, he's going Hogan. Otherwise its Reigns or Undertaker.

IMO, if Undertaker is facing anyone at WM next year, it'll be Sting. Fans were talking about Taker/Sting long before Taker/Cena. Plus I can't imagine Sting being put against a name that wasn't around during the attitude era (leaving Kane, Mark Henry and Big Show as candidates).

As for Cena's opponent, it depends where he goes from the US title. If he's still champion next year, I can see him losing the belt to one of the NXT guys (Zayn/Owens/Balor?).

Cena/Orton would need a major (loser retires/leaves Raw level) stipulation for anyone to really care about it at this point. I can see Orton fighting a current NXT name at mania next year too.

Maybe Cena re-ignites his feud with Seth Rollins? Rollins probably won't still be the champion by next April, so it's a no.1 contenders match?

Hard to call at this point, but I do think we're due a Cena loss at Wrestlemania. A lot of people give him crap for going over, but until someone becomes more favourable in a big match scenario, Cena will still win. I think one of the current NXT superstars will have built enough credibility before next year to warrant such a huge win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back