• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will TNA Approach?

Who will TNA approach??

• Mickie James

• Shelton Benjamin

• Mike Knox

• Katie Lea Burchill

• Jimmy Wang Yang

• Funaki

• Slam Master J

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
So just reading that the 90 day no compete clause has expired on several superstars...from the date 22/04/10 or before...Theya re now all free to work for TNA..

Here's the list of wrestlers..

• Mickie James
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Mike Knox
  • Katie Lea Burchill
  • Jimmy Wang Yang
  • Funaki
  • Slam Master J

Which do you believe TNA will try and sign??

My pick would have to be the obvious one, Shelton Benjamin, I mean TNA would kill to sign a talented wrestler that is Shelton Benjamin...I also think they will try with Mickie James, I mean why not, she can boost the KO division..

Those are my only two picks!

Who do you think they wil approach??

mickey james

last I heard shelton was pursuing a degree and will be welcomed back to wwe with open arms when he finishes it.

altho with TNA's schedule this will allow him to compete and go to school

Probably a good chance they won't approach any one. Tna are skint. They have used so much money signing Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Anderson and Flair that they are so much in the red!!
Batista approached Tna and asked for 40,000 dollars per appearance, Tna could'nt affoard him.
They have signed big names thinking it would guarantee bid ppv buys, and it has'nt worked.

I'd say go for all of them... Slam master and Funaki would help the X division... Katie Lea and Mickie would enhance the knockouts division... Mike Knox is a powerhouse who I could see team with Matt Morgan or Jesse Neal.. and Shelton, well he could be a contender, they could reform Team Angle, X Division... could put on a sweet feud with Styles the skys the limit...Go for it Dixie give them all a chance

Mickie and Dixie are reportedly friends (Dixie was at a Mickie music launch party if I remember correctly) so this move wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Not sure how she fits in with the current storyline, but I guess they could hold her debut 'til September ish when the current storyline roles over - which is fine.

As for Shelton, TNA definitely has a thing for ex-WWE guys, and this is one I'd love to see in TNA (if the WWE is done with him, some of the above posters suggest the contrary). You get the feeling that TNA would rush him towards the top, as an "up yours" to the WWE. Never has a man deserved it more.

Knowing TNA they'll probably put a bid for all of them, stupidly.

However, I think Shelton and Mickie are the only two that should really go. I keep hoping Batista would show up along with JBL. Not so much in a wrestling role (JBL) but I feel Batista could be a great draw for the company.

I hated Knox and Kizarny (alot of people have said that they wanted to see him in TNA.) so I do not think that TNA should pick up more talentless people like Shannon Moore.

Shelton for sure because hes one of the most athletic wrestlers out there
Katie Lea Burchill, if you look from when she didn't have the witch gimmick this chick is HOT
jimmy wang yang, i've always enjoyed watching this guy and want to see him on television again

I always thought Knox had potential. I think he & Abyss as a tag team with a manager to talk for them would be pretty imposing. Mickie James would be a good addition to the Knockouts. Benjamin would of course be great, but as others have mentioned, it seems like he will return to WWE. The others really aren't worth it in my opinion.

My money is on Mickie James and Shelton Benjamin. Dixie Carter has meet with James and has applauded her on her music career. Kurt Angle is pressing for Benjamin and Haas to be brought in together. James may or may not join since she has a music career going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see her in TNA. I read that Benjamin is working on his degree so unless he decides to quit wrestling altogether, I don't doubt we will see Benjamin there either.

The top recruits in my mind would be Benjamin and James. The Knockout division needs to be revamped, and it wouldn't hurt to have Benjamin and Haas added to the X division or tag division in TNA.

Look the only one that upgrades the talent in their division is Mickie James. That is who makes sense. They will probably approach Benjamin if they can also get Haas because creative sees value in reforming "the world's greatest tag team."

I think that if they want to up grade their talent then they should look elsewhere besides the WWE waver wires. Granted TNA has a talent for ticking those people of too. The exotico that was supposed to come in and play Andromeda did not stay because of "he felt at least two people in TNA who would have had some control over his character were rude and homophobic." citing wrestleinc.com

well shelton and mickie r tops for sure but i would also wanna c jimmy wang yang. we was in tna before and even competed in the 1st match. he will b good in the x division. katie will b good in the knockouts division since there are only like 5 knockouts that actually compete in the ring

Knowing TNA's tendencies in the past, I imagine they will approach every single one of them. They don't appear to be content to develop the talent they already have, they seem to be pre-occupied with continuously bringing in new guys, especially guys with a WWE tag attached to them. Just think of all the mysterious tweets, all the sleepless nights, all the announcements that will change the wrestling world forever that Dixie and company can produce with a list of a half dozen or so new free agents on the market.

If TNA is moving forward with a movement involving ECW guys who are old, out of shape and past their prime (if they ever really had a prime), they must be absolutely frothing at the mouth at adding 6 or 7 new names to further convolute their storylines and de-push their current talent.

My money is on Mickie James and Shelton Benjamin. Dixie Carter has meet with James and has applauded her on her music career. Kurt Angle is pressing for Benjamin and Haas to be brought in together. James may or may not join since she has a music career going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see her in TNA. I read that Benjamin is working on his degree so unless he decides to quit wrestling altogether, I don't doubt we will see Benjamin there either.

The top recruits in my mind would be Benjamin and James. The Knockout division needs to be revamped, and it wouldn't hurt to have Benjamin and Haas added to the X division or tag division in TNA.

Dixie will probably get Mickie James to perform at Bound For Glory, and then Mickie will go back to WWE (a la Jericho.) However, she'd make for a good knockout. Especially to bring back Awesome Kong and referencing the whole "Piggy James" storyline.

Shelton and Mickie. Both would be great additions to the their respective divisions. The Knockouts and X Division need some new and fresh stars quick.

I can't see them not going after Shelton and Mickie. Shelton would more than likely not help the X-Division much, but knowing TNA, they'll pursue him anyway. Same with Mickie. Although, I could actually see the KO division benifiting from her presence. God knows, it needs some decent wreslters. Not sure about Knox. I don't think they need him.

I think Mickie and Benjamin are the only two that can really help TNA. Mickie more so because the KO Division really needs to be revamped. I think she would be a perfect choice to rebuild that division around.

Shelton has all the talent in the world, but he's not going to be a huge draw for them. They would probably be better off getting someone from ROH or indys. I'm sure his asking price will be pretty high they could probably get a couple talented wrestlers from ROH for the same price.

The best scenario is this...

Shelton Benjamin becoming the final member of Fourtune. Because "It's all about the Benjamins to him..."

Him and Flair are really close and it would be a great way for him to debut, get a push, and a good way to work on his mic skills (i.e. A.J. Styles and Kazarian)

Mickie James, Shelton Benjamin and Carlito are all working in Puerto Rico's WWC. The last time a released WWE guy worked here jumped to TNA. Mr. Anderson. I see it as a strong possibility to add Shelton Benjamin to TNA's X Division as well as Carlito. They haven't skipped a beat, so they will definably provide the good wrestling that can be expected from them. Mickie returning to TNA would be great for the Knockout Division. A feud with The Beautiful People would be good seeing how we saw a similar one in WWE.

Knowing TNA's tendencies in the past, I imagine they will approach every single one of them. They don't appear to be content to develop the talent they already have

they must be absolutely frothing at the mouth at adding 6 or 7 new names to further convolute their storylines and de-push their current talent.

This is why every champion other than RVD is a TNA star, yes?

Wullief23 said:
Probably a good chance they won't approach any one. Tna are skint. They have used so much money signing Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Anderson and Flair that they are so much in the red!!
Batista approached Tna and asked for 40,000 dollars per appearance, Tna could'nt affoard him.
They have signed big names thinking it would guarantee bid ppv buys, and it has'nt worked.

What's up source? Actually never mind, I already know that TNA never approached Batista. Keep spreading your bullshit though.

They should sign Jimmy Yang, TNA needs another person to feed to Doug Williams, they can also sign Shelton, whether it's Shelton and Haas or just Shelton, the two of them would work wonders in the tag division especially after Beer Money and MCMG finish their feud. Alternately Benjamin can be used on his own as a contender for AJ's newly won Global title.

Not really all that enthralled with any of them, but if I'm a betting man, my money is on Benjamin and James respectively. I know Taz has been pushing for Knox, but I just don't see a place in TNA for him, and Benjamin I'd imagine they'd be pretty happy about despite the fact he's got no personality.

James I doubt would sign either, but presuming she did, I imagine she'd come in like Tara did and go for gold off the bat.

tna does not need any of these people. TELL ME, why the do they need them when they ALREADY HAVE guys like desmonde wolfe jobbing.........if someone as great as wolfe jobs......then what do you expect any of those guys to achieve? (mickie james is an exception)

They really should only approach Mickie James to help with the Knockouts. They've got enough talent in all their other areas anywhere and it would simply just bloat the roster even more.

James in the Knockout Division could do wonders, she's popular, hot and can wrestle the perfect package and it would mean some fresh fueds.

Now we now that several former WWE superstars are now free to work for TNA as their 90 day no-compete clauses have expired. The names are as followed:
Mickie James,
Shelton Benjamin,
Mike Knox,
Katie Lea Burchill,
Jimmy Wang Yang,
Funaki and
Slam Master J.

I think Shelton, Mike Knox and Mickie James could all be great signings, and could fit into the buissness very well. Sheton could work in the x division and spice it up a little he was one of (if not) the best pure athlete in the WWE when he left and his gold standered gimmick was great. Mike Knox is great in the ring for his size, he could be in the x division or even the main event, I think he could have a great feud with maybe Rob Terry in a monster vs monster feud. I think if TNA don't sign Mickie it would be very stupid, she is one of the most popular divas of the past decade, she could really do alot for the divas division.

So what do you guys think?

Who do you think they should sign?
GIVE REASONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back