• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Will Rise First?

Who will be the first to win a World Title?

• Alberto Del Rio

• John Morrison

• Wade Barrett

Results are only viewable after voting.

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
John Morrison, Wade Barrett, and Alberto Del Rio all have competed for a World Championship at least once in the last three months. None of these men have held a major title in the WWE, and 2 of them haven't even won a title at all in the WWE.

My question to you is, who will we first see as World Champion in 2011 (or even 2012) when WWE finally puts these upper card guys in the main event?

As much as I would love to see JoMo winning the big one.. I think the next rising star will be Alberto Del Rio... This guy has just been up there since he arrived, he has created a huge impact on Smackdown.. I don't see WWE putting him down to the mid card seeing he is in the upper-midcard to main event..therefore I think 2011 will be his year!!

To me this seems kinda obvious. I like Del Rio's heat that he has created over the past few months from just debuting during the summer(I believe). Del Rio makes a great villian and is decent on the mic. I see Del Rio making it big this year and becoming main event status. John Morrison has been in the mid carder status for like 10 years and i don't see him moving out of it anytime soon. As for Wade Barret he could possibly make a great champion one day, but hes not ready for it yet. I believe that Barret can get the IC but nothing more this year. Del Rio is generating so much heat that WWE has no chice but to make him a great villian champ this year

This is just one mans opinion...

I voted for Del Rio.

He's got a great entrance, great look, he can talk, he's got the size, great submission, I can see him being a big star this year.

Even if he is my least favorite of the 3, i selected Wade Barrett.I just read that the UnderTaker hand picked him to be his opponet in this years ManiA,After that fued and probably the next PPV or 2, Taker will take another 3months off before he makes his last big run,So i see Barrett going into a fued with Edge for the belt,whitch he will probably get with help from his boys in the back!

!!just 1 mans opinion!!

I've got to applaude you for asking the tough question because although one guy might have a bigger chance than the other two, it's marginal. I'd be inclined to go with the flow and say Del Rio because he has been on top since he arrived, and he just seems perfect as someone to hold it, a really hateable guy. Next I'd actually opt for morrison because he is in that kindof upper mid-card zone right now and they've been trying to push him for a good while. I do think he'll actually get the title this year, towards the tail end of it, but Del Rio will secure one first.

I'm saying Barrett last because he is a stable member and is kindof exempt. See he doesn't need a title unlike del rio to draw himself some astronomical heat, if he has his taker feud that'll be enough for him to get where management wants him to and after that he can saunter in the mid-card like punk did until he rises back up and secures his first title. I don't see any reason why a guy who has now proven himself in such a small a space of time has to rush, especially given the position he's in.

Del Rio - 55%
Morrison - 25%
Barrett - 20%

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of them become World/WWE Champion by the end of the year.

That being said I'll go with Barrett. After being booted out of Nexus and jumping ship to Smack Down, he is now the second biggest heel behind Kane, maybe even ahead of him in terms of drawing heat. While Del Rio is a phenomenal talent and a great heel, I still feel Barrett is slightly ahead of him in mic skills, drawing heat, and name recognition. I can see Barrett being in the lower main event at WM, with the Raw title match as the main one. Over the last year he has become well known and notorious with all facets of wrestling fans and can deliver a solid main event feud and match if done right. The only thing that holds Del Rio back is he isn't as well known as Barrett and couldn't believably main event WM, another PPV yes but not Mania. Especially with Nexus "Wolfpac" at his side it seems inevitable that Barrett will be a World Champ by the end of the year.

Yeah, I can see all the 3 of them being in the main event picture by the end of 2011. If I had to pick it would be Del Rio though. He has really grown on me lately, and he's been getting a lot of heat as a heel, which is always good of course. Morrison on the other hand has always had momentum only to fall off, and his promo work isn't as good as Del Rio's or Barret's. Morrison is the best in ring wrestler out of all three of them, and I'm sure he'll be in the ME down the road. Barrett also had a lot of momentum before but he isn't that good in the ring, but he has done wonders for his first year in the company, so he has a long way to go but is off to a great start. Del Rio, on the other hand, is not bad on the mic, and solid in the ring, plus, he has a good gimmick for him now and I can see him being a main stay on Smackdown and being a main event-er there.

I guess im the first to go with morrison. morrison is definately out of the midcard. he is almost main event status. he has been getting wins over sheamus, and is looking phenominal. and they are doing to him excactly what they did to jeff hardy before he won his first title. given that, i suspect he will win the title around june or july. del rio needs to fued with more people than just rey mysterio. it seems he is now fueding with r truth, so he is back in the midcard. barrett is doing great, but he'll fued with taker for a bit, so i think he will be too busy to get the title for awhile. i think that all 3 have potential to win the title next year, but i just think morrison will get it sooner.

I'd have to go with Del Rio, it's clear the WWE are getting the machine behind him now and while it may not happen at Wrestlemania I don't think it will take too long after for him to win the title. I could see him winning it by Night of Champions.

I disagree with some of you guys and saying Wade Barrett, I don't why but every since he won NXT, I had a feeling he being built up to be the next big heel in the company like HHH used to be. But I do agree with Del Rio being pushed as soon he was brought on SmackDown, I think Barrett will some how get the title before Del Rio if not that both them could be involved in the title situation by end of 2011.

I picked Del Rio as well because he is now one of the major heels on Smack Down. He already looks like a main eventer. He has a nice look to him. Already has a cool entrance and has his own ring announcer. I don't think his mic skills are bad and being the son of a wrestler I think he is great in the ring. I don't think they are ready to push Morrison with the title. I am not betting on this, but I think that he will probably win the big one at next year's Wrestlemania. As for Barret, He may win it before Morrison, but that is only because he is a heel. Heels are easier to push and he is doing a good job at it. If he does end up in the match against Taker at mania or possibly a program after that, then I see him winning the title before the end of this year. I see Del Rio winning the rumble or the MITB and winning at Wrestlemania the title.

No doubt about it! Del Rio is awesome talent! I watch Raw because he has been there last couple of weeks. WWE dont mess this up, major talent here, Morrison is boring, and Barrett is too!

It's impossible for me to say.

On the one hand, Barrett is a great choice for World Champion. He's talented in the ring and on the mic, and he has a great storyline. The WWE could make a very interesting story out of him being a champion with a face feuding with him for the title but struggling against Barrett and his cronies every step of the way, and the face's win could be one of those dramatic Wrestlemania moments that everyone loves.

On the other hand, Morrison is clearly the most ready. He's the best worker out of the bunch and went from low reaction to huge pops in a matter of weeks, proving he has what it takes to be in the main event. He's put together a string of great matches and is clearly ready for the main event after his title match with The Miz.

But you can't discount Alberto Del Rio. He has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand whenever he comes out. The WWE seems to be high on him as well, putting him over such superstars as Rey Mysterio and Christian and even giving him the privilege of being kicked in the face by Shawn Michaels. Additionally, he's on Smackdown, a program with very few people capable of carrying the World Heavyweight Title, and his name is on the short list of wrestlers who can.

So who will be the first World Champion? It's a total toss-up and I don't think anybody can say for sure, including WWE Creative. I can't comfortably vote for any of them, so I won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back