• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should get their first title run

Anyone who has watched the show longer than 2 years obviously should know its Christian. The guy has been a singles star since 2001. He has won nearly ever strap. He was one in of the best tag-team wrestlers ever and had a fairly succesful singles career. In 2005 WWE finally decided to push him into the main event scene against cena, then they just dropped him He is a seasoned veteran and somebody who should have been a reliable go to guy instead of forcing new guys into the spotlight before they were ready. The guy is a good wrestler, good on the mic, more so as a heel, he has a huge fan base and is way over with the crowd. This isnt even a choice.

Out of the new guys Morrison deserves it most. I am not a huge fan of his like other people, I see his flaws and am not ready to make him champ anytime soon. Regardless of his current flaws i see him being a much bigger star than virtually all the other young stars except maybe del rio (unless they push him too fast and ruin it). With that said instead of playing the make you a star overnight approach wwe has taken with guys like sheamus, its actually a lot smarter to keep morrison from winning for a while, he will keep coming and coming, and gets better, when he does win it it will be more rewarding and more credible than most of the paper champs we have had of late. That will build towards long term success because he will actually be respected and taken seriously. Trust me he is not that far off, hell bret hart wasnt great on the mic. Morrison sells himself with his performances. Miz dosent and he didnt play ball or hang with the best of the best before his title win and thats why people still question him today.

Barrett doesn't need a World title right now. He has solidified himself as a force to be reckoned with without a championship and doesn't need one now or in the foreseeable future. Although I would like to see him as World champion, just not right now.

Now, someone who I want to see have a World title, is Christian. He deserves it and I can actually see him winning MitB if it is at WM. I'm hoping for this to happen anyway.

I AM BAFFLED TO SEE HOW MANY MORONS CAN'T READ A SIMPLE POST.

THE ORIGINAL POST STATES WHO SHOULD WIN THEIR FIRST TITLE. FIRST. OF ANY KIND. WHO HAS NEVER WON A TITLE. ANY TITLE. SO PLEASE, YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, STOP SAYING CHRISTIAN, MORRISON, DIBIASE, OR ANY OF THE OTHER SUPERSTAR WHO HAVE ALL WON A TITLE.

Now to answer the question, it's gotta be Wade Barrett. How this guy has been such a dominant force in his first 8 months without winning any belt is a credit to his skill. He will be winning the world title within 6 months and it is well deserved.

Without doubt it has to be Wade Barrett.

The only reason that Wade hasn't got any kind of strap yet is because I believe the WWE knows that he will be around for a long time.

It smacks of desperation that titles are handed round like daisy chains to the likes of Dolph Ziggler, The Miz and Jack Swagger - there are people in Hall of Fame and future contenders like Jake Roberts who never won a single title yet his name is synonymous with professional wrestling all over the world.

Some people need the strap to grow as a character like Ric Flair in his first NWA title reign but not everyone does. Wade should get a title run because he deserves it but the quality of everything he does shows that he may
not need it.

I AM BAFFLED TO SEE HOW MANY MORONS CAN'T READ A SIMPLE POST.

THE ORIGINAL POST STATES WHO SHOULD WIN THEIR FIRST TITLE. FIRST. OF ANY KIND. WHO HAS NEVER WON A TITLE. ANY TITLE. SO PLEASE, YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, STOP SAYING CHRISTIAN, MORRISON, DIBIASE, OR ANY OF THE OTHER SUPERSTAR WHO HAVE ALL WON A TITLE.

My goodness, calm down. I'll change my answer, good grief. My new answer, since Christian can't be it...Is Evan Bourne. I think he would make an awesome United States Champion, what with his high flying and just pure awesomeness. A feud with Danial Bryan, face vs face, but for the title, it can happen and it could work, would be an amazing feud.

I could see it now. Evan Bourne returns to face Danial Bryan non-title and wins. Then the following weeks, Bourne says that he deserves a US title match. Bryan gives him one, but the match ends in a double count-out. Bourne says that he could have beat Bryan. Bryan says that Bourne had his chance. Bourne begs Bryan to give him a rematch. Bourne vs Daniels II for the US title and it is a ladder match. Bourne wins. EPIC!

I think Wade Barrett will be the one to capture a World Title first. It could truly be at any time. I think most people think he is pretty much ready. He works well enough on the mic to be able to keep momentum verbally as he embarks on his first reign. In ring he seems methodical enough to have an okay match with anyone. Nothing too crazy, just solid overall.

WWE keeps him relevant even though he isn't directly feuding with the company's top guy anymore, John Cena. That was a good sign that not only did he GET a rub from the feud, but also, he can make good with a rub he is given as well. I think he has elevated himself enough to be considered as one of the guys that are ready to take the ball if given to them, and successfully running with it.

That is why I say it could happen at any time. He is basically named by masses as one of the next "Stars" of WWE. Plus, he isn't expected to be THE top guy, just A top guy. So, his first reign doesn't have to be some on some grand stage like Wrestlemania. It could happen 2 months later on Smackdown in some storyline based Fatal 4 Way or Triple Threat Match he is put in. Regardless if The World Champion is a Heel or a Face, it is a quick way to pass it to someone with the same status (Heel or Face), by holding in some sort of Triple Threat or Fatal 4 Way. A Heel versus Heel doesn't need to be booked for a Heel to pass the title along to another Heel. So, look for Barrett to capture his First World Championship in a match situation somewhat similar to that. I don't think it will happen in some hyped up match as he squares off against a Face Champion. But more along the lines of him walking into a fortunate situation that sees him leave with the Title.

I think Barrett should get his first title run out of anyone on the roster. He carried Raw for the six months he was on it, and has gotten very over and popular with the crowd.

But if were talking about world titles, it definitly Morrison. He deserves a World Title more then anyone. And he will get it this year, at summerslam.

There really aren't that many people to choose from because there are so many people on the current roster that have held titles.

To me it comes down to three people.
1. Wade Barrett - Obviously World Title and hopefully sometime this year. I'd like to see Barrett completely avoid the mid-card title picture in his WWE Career and stick to main event and meaningful feuds.
2. Evan Bourne - Ideally, a mid-card title rather than tag title. Potentially Bryan dropping the US title to him late this year.
3. Chris Masters - I think we can all agree Chris Masters is way beyond the point of EVER reaching the upper card treatment but I'd like to see Masters get a hold of the Intercontinental Championship before he's doomed a jobber for life.

Trent Barreta really does deserve to be pushed to a title. Right now, he should be holding the Tag Team Championship with Caylen Croft. However, Croft's release means that he is currently struggling to get on Superstars.

He's such a talent. For 23, he's great in the ring and deceptively good on the mic. An Intercontinental Championship would be fantastic now. It's a bit of a leap from Superstars jobber to IC Champion but I feel that he could handle it. He could feud with Drew McIntyre (they both looked great in their 'mini-feud' a couple of months ago) or Cody Rhodes (more than capable of getting faces over). Or - and this would be ideal - HIRE CAYLEN CROFT! Make them tag team champions! Then, you have two talented guys holding a title and a tag team in the tag team division.

Two people in mind. Christian. Has never had any singles success in the wwe. Besides the IC and Euro titles. Give the man a heavyweight shot. Secondly Ted DiBiase. He's good, really good. Give the man a championship.

Wade Barrett has paid his dues so I agree with most in here, he needs a title shot of some sort. If they're not ready to give him a world title at least give him the IC belt. Put some prestige and interest back into the IC title.

Christian has was the ECW Champion which in my opinion is NOT a world championship (at least not that incarnation of the title) so he should get his first WORLD TITLE run.

I think Ted Dibiase should get a singles title run. Give him the US title or put him on SD and give him the IC belt.

How did Wade Barrett pay his dues ? He hasnt even been on the show a full year. Paying your dues ? I didnt see him work his way up the ladder. From his debut on raw they already had him fighting amonst the top guys on the show and yet they promoted him as a rookie, how believable is it that a rookie could go toe to toe with a veteran from the get go ? He was already garunteed a title shot even before WWE knew how audience would react to him that spot. I for one have not been impressed with Barrett. I thought the whole concept idea of nexus was a joke and I think if you look at the facts they didnt do anything to increase ratings. Without Nexus/Corre Barrett is as generic a heel as they come. He's actually pretty boring on the mic if you ask me and an average wrestler at best. He's defiently not nearly as over as someone you want him to be. He only got more heat bc they put him up against Cena. Where is he now ? Going nowhere fast.

How did Wade Barrett pay his dues ? He hasnt even been on the show a full year. Paying your dues ? I didnt see him work his way up the ladder. From his debut on raw they already had him fighting amonst the top guys on the show and yet they promoted him as a rookie, how believable is it that a rookie could go toe to toe with a veteran from the get go ? He was already garunteed a title shot even before WWE knew how audience would react to him that spot. I for one have not been impressed with Barrett. I thought the whole concept idea of nexus was a joke and I think if you look at the facts they didnt do anything to increase ratings. Without Nexus/Corre Barrett is as generic a heel as they come. He's actually pretty boring on the mic if you ask me and an average wrestler at best. He's defiently not nearly as over as someone you want him to be. He only got more heat bc they put him up against Cena. Where is he now ? Going nowhere fast.

He was stuck with that nonsense with Nexus. Now, one might argue that Nexus is what made him into a somebody but come one. He was stuck leading a group of nobodies. He went along with it. Now he's leading another group of nobodies.

He deserves a singles run. I'm not buying the argument that those groups made him famous. It's on thing if it's Evolution or DX. Both these groups are groups of scrubs. It makes him look better because he's clearly the best of those guys.

Give him a singles run, and watch him flourish.

Barret is one of only handful of promising guys to have won nothing, personally I'd start him with the IC title though, nothing wrong with taking that step.

The other is Evan Bourne, I could see him as US champion if Bryan moves up later this year.

As for a guy who has been a tag champ but never a singles champ I'd go with Cody Rhodes, I think he'd make a classic IC champ on Smackdown.

Alex Riley. I don't think anybody who has came up from FCW, asides from Derrick Bateman, has the natural charisma that Alex Riley has. If you watched NXT you'll know what I'm talking about, and even from his odd promo on RAW.

He isn't the best in-ring wrestler ever, but he's also not the worst. One thing he is really good at is selling, if anybody seen the RKO Randy Orton hit him with on the RAW before the Royal Rumble, Riley didn't move a muscle from the minute he hit the mat. His performance in the Royal Rumble, which consisted of just helping to eliminate Cena is a nice way to get exposure.

It could be looked at as a way of pushing Miz too, his protogé becoming the WWE United States Champion. Wouldn't be bad, he has something anyway. I think he has a future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back