Who will have the last Grand Slam

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
According to Wikipedia, to win the Grand Slam in WWE, you have to have held the WWE/WHC, the IC (though oddly not the US), either tag title and either the Hardcore or European titles.

By this definition, there have been 10 winners, the most recent being JBL. However, now that the Hardcore and European have gone, there is only 5 people in the WWE eligible to win it: Christian, Goldust & Regal all need a world title and Undertaker and Big Show need an IC reign.

You can discount Goldust, but of the other four, who do you anticipate will win the coveted grand slam. I can't see Regal ever being world champion, that ship has sailed, but I can see Christian picking up a World Title within the next few years. The Undertaker and Show will almost certainly be given token IC reigns to complete the feat, and thus the possibility is over forever.

So, who do you think will be the final WWE Grand Slam champions? Will there be five more or no more? Do you think Tommy Dreamer is going to clear house and win the three titles he is missing?

According to Wikipedia, to win the Grand Slam in WWE, you have to have held the WWE/WHC, the IC (though oddly not the US), either tag title and either the Hardcore or European titles.

By this definition, there have been 10 winners, the most recent being JBL. However, now that the Hardcore and European have gone, there is only 5 people in the WWE eligible to win it: Christian, Goldust & Regal all need a world title and Undertaker and Big Show need an IC reign.

You can discount Goldust, but of the other four, who do you anticipate will win the coveted grand slam. I can't see Regal ever being world champion, that ship has sailed, but I can see Christian picking up a World Title within the next few years. The Undertaker and Show will almost certainly be given token IC reigns to complete the feat, and thus the possibility is over forever.

So, who do you think will be the final WWE Grand Slam champions? Will there be five more or no more? Do you think Tommy Dreamer is going to clear house and win the three titles he is missing?

Firstly, as far as my knowledge goes the Grand Slam was originally the WWE, IC, Tag Team, and European titles. I'm sure now they count the WHC as well but as far as I know they do not include the "Hardcore" Title. I don't know of anyone considered a Grand Slam Champion where they won the Hardcore belt and not one of the other's listed.

That aside. I assume Christian will win either the WHC or the WWE title at some point in the next couple years. He's my pick.

Under the Original definition, the Hardcore Championship did not count. However it can be used, Kane and Booker T are both considered Grand Slam Champions who have used the Hardcore Championship rather than the European Championship.

For me, I can see Christian winning the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship in the next couple of years.

I can also see Undertaker winning the Intercontinental Championship sometime soon, as it is on Smackdown! and there are only a handful of people still in contention for the Grand Slam, and WWE would most likely want to capitalize on every opportunity.

I think the Big Show has the easiest path. He is a guy who is always the top of the Mid Card, and the WWE would seem to have little problem throwing the belt on him. Though, the Mid Card belts are rising, the Intercontinental Championship going on Big Show might hurt it a bit, but heck, it might help it a bit. So the Show has a huge shot of winning the belt, and becoming a Grand Slam Champion.

If anyone will win the grand slam it will be Christian. No way Undertaker gets it he doesn't need even if he is retiring. With that logic you might as well bring back Hogan, Flair, Austin and the Rock to win the Grand Slam. Taker doesn't need it and won't get it

With that logic you might as well bring back Hogan, Flair, Austin and the Rock to win the Grand Slam.

All of them would need the European or Hardcore Championship which are now defunct and unattainable so your logic is flawed.

We aren't saying we want Undertaker to win it, just that it is possible and fairly probably. we all know he doesn't need it.

Out of those 4, I'd say its more likely that Christian will win a world title than that Undertaker or Big Show will step down and win IC - and I don't think Regal has the slightest bit of a shot at a world title.

But really, I think it'll be a different story. I think soon enough, they'll change the rules and make it so the US title is the equivalent of the IC title (and why not, really, when the tag team titles and the WWE/WHC are equal) and possibly add the ECW title as an equivalent to the Hardcore/European. I don't think they'd do that with the Cruiserweight, especially since that is defunct.

I say Christian. Even though Big Show has the easier title to win, the IC title is on a different show. I'm pretty sure the Undertaker will never hold the IC title, especially at this point in his career. I think it's safe to say that neither Goldust or Regal will win world titles. I see Christian winning a world title late next year at the earliest.

On a side note, I think the US title should take the place of the European title when it comes to Grand Slam eligibility. It's more prestigious than the European belt and it can gives more guys a chance to become Grand Slam winners. The Grand Slam title, to me, just means you've won a world title, the tag belts, and the two mid-card belts, so I don't see a problem with the US belt being included.

The only person I see taking Grand Slam is Show. He has a tendency to shift from mid card to main event.

I would like Christan to get a World title but with Vince who honestly knows...

The odds of Taker getting the intercontinental title wont happen. He's gonna be a main-eventer until he retires

I think Christian will be the next Grand Slam champion, unless the WWE sees the US Title as being part of winning the grand slam. If they do that, then I actually see Show winning the Grand Slam first. However if they leave it as is, then I believe Christian will win either of the big ones before Show wins the IC Title. So I'm gonna say Christian for the next Grand Slam winner.

Christian is your only choice. With a few more years of hard work, I could see him beating Edge for the WHC or something. The Undertaker isn't taking a back step to win the IC strap. I guess the Big Show could possibly do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back