Grand Slam

DD84

PWN
In WWE History, there have only been 8 Grand Slam Champions. It is the most difficult award in WWE history to obtain, especially considering the fact that the European Championship is now gone. The eight men to have won this are Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, RVD, Jeff Hardy and JBL. William Regal and Christian need to win either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship to become Grand Slam Champions. One of my questions is that if you obtain this accomplishment, should it be an automatic ticket to the Hall of Fame. Also do you think we will see at least one more Grand Slam Champion. And of all of the Grand Slam Champions, which one doesn't deserve to have accomplish this. Also is this the most difficult accomplishment to get. Lastly, will we ever see another Grand Slam Champion.

Of the eight, one is already a HoFer, two are absolutely guaranteed spots (Shawn and Trips), of the remaining guys all have compelling arguments for being in, the only problem with their arguments is Mr. VKM, because above all it'll be him to decide if any of them get it. RVD seems on good terms with the WWE and is the only man to ever hold the ECW and WWE title at the same time, so his potential for a Hall of Fame spot has a very good chance of coming to fruitation. Kurt Angle's involvement with TNA might hinder his chances with a Hall of Fame spot. Jeff Hardy always has that last screw-up looming over him, but besides that he has a great chance as a HoFer with his multiple tag team championships and intercontinental championships. JBL has been around for thirteen years now and has accumilated numerous accolades while in the WWE, the most prevalent of them being his long WWE Championship reign back in 2004, along with the seventeen Hardcore Championships he has received. Chris Jericho has been around for almost a decade now and on top of holding the most Incontinental reigns in history, he is also the first Undisputed Champion, out of all of them, I believe that Jericho deserves this spot more than anyone else I've mentioned.

All of those people listed as being Grand Slam Champions deserve to have their names on that list, they all have paid their dues and such, finally making it to arguably the highest accolade the WWE, and professional wrestling as a whole, has today.

Lastly, to end my ramblings, the best chance I see of another Grand Slam Champion would be if the pinheads up at the front office in Titans Towers would realize what Christian is truly capable of if he was pushed into a main-event level feud with the likes of Jeff Hardy or even Edge.

Of the eight, one is already a HoFer, two are absolutely guaranteed spots (Shawn and Trips), of the remaining guys all have compelling arguments for being in, the only problem with their arguments is Mr. VKM, because above all it'll be him to decide if any of them get it. RVD seems on good terms with the WWE and is the only man to ever hold the ECW and WWE title at the same time, so his potential for a Hall of Fame spot has a very good chance of coming to fruitation. Kurt Angle's involvement with TNA might hinder his chances with a Hall of Fame spot. Jeff Hardy always has that last screw-up looming over him, but besides that he has a great chance as a HoFer with his multiple tag team championships and intercontinental championships. JBL has been around for thirteen years now and has accumilated numerous accolades while in the WWE, the most prevalent of them being his long WWE Championship reign back in 2004, along with the seventeen Hardcore Championships he has received. Chris Jericho has been around for almost a decade now and on top of holding the most Incontinental reigns in history, he is also the first Undisputed Champion, out of all of them, I believe that Jericho deserves this spot more than anyone else I've mentioned.

All of those people listed as being Grand Slam Champions deserve to have their names on that list, they all have paid their dues and such, finally making it to arguably the highest accolade the WWE, and professional wrestling as a whole, has today.

Lastly, to end my ramblings, the best chance I see of another Grand Slam Champion would be if the pinheads up at the front office in Titans Towers would realize what Christian is truly capable of if he was pushed into a main-event level feud with the likes of Jeff Hardy or even Edge.

Awesome post dude. What you have said makes perfect sense. JBL would be the only guy on the list though that i would not consider in the other guys league. Yeah he's been with the company for a long time but has he ever really impressed... Not really but hey, he's a grand slam champ now.

Also, what you have said about Christian is spot on, if pushed right he could fit easily into the ME scene and would be great to fued with Jeff or Edge. Even CM Punk if he get's himself back in the ME.

ok so i was looking at the list of grand slam champions right, and if im not mistaken shouldnt edge be on that list hes won like very title there is to win? correct me if im dumb and dont understand the concept. but im a seasoned wrestling fan (at least i like to think so). Does he not qualify?

In WWE History, there have only been 8 Grand Slam Champions. It is the most difficult award in WWE history to obtain, especially considering the fact that the European Championship is now gone. The eight men to have won this are Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, RVD, Jeff Hardy and JBL. William Regal and Christian need to win either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship to become Grand Slam Champions. One of my questions is that if you obtain this accomplishment, should it be an automatic ticket to the Hall of Fame. Also do you think we will see at least one more Grand Slam Champion. And of all of the Grand Slam Champions, which one doesn't deserve to have accomplish this. Also is this the most difficult accomplishment to get. Lastly, will we ever see another Grand Slam Champion.

I think winning the Grand Slam is an automatic bid.....Eddie is in....Shawn, HHH, and Jericho are locks....Kurt would be too but his involvment in tna hinders that.....JBL yea he will even though he was far from great....the only real queston marks are RVD and Jeff Hardy....and i see christan doing it...at least i hope cause he has great talent.....and i really dont want Regal cause he just boring no charsima at all.......and correct me if I'm wrong if christen does win the wwe or world title...would he be the first ever to hold every mens title? wasnt he cruiserweight or light heavy weight champion at one time? ...and yes it is....its impossible now days wit there bein no european title.

Should it be an automatic ticket to the Hall of Fame? Considering the bulk of the people they let in, I think it might as well be. Still considering the bulk of the people they let in, hell, being a Triple Crown Winner should be an automatic ticket.

Which of the eight doesn't deserve it the most? As of right now, my pick is Jeff Hardy. Yes, I do think he deserves to be WWE/World Heavyweight Champion again someday, but his title win was rushed. They only did let him win it to please the fans for a month and for shock value. So, in my opinion, he shouldn't even be a Grand Slam Champion right now.

Will we ever see another? I'm going to assume in the next few years they will wisen up and give Christian his chance to shine. I think he deserves it more than Jeff Hardy. He's above average in the ring, has great matches, and one of the best in the business on the mic. So yes, I think Christian will be the final WWE Grand Slam Champion.

Congratulations to Bradshaw for his latest accomplishment! There are far more JBL haters than there should be, and he definitely deserved this honor. I hope he gets at least one more World Title run before he retires.

Well, Well, Well.
I think Jeff hardy deserves it (based on a title run somewhere down the line, im sure).
Ok JBL did it lucky him he’s unfortunately had the credentials to.
Christian defiantly deserves it he’s a gold talent in my eyes and can give it to the best.
Like it was said before its impossible for anyone but regal and Christian to become a grandslam champ due to the lack of the European title. Unless they embrace the Us title as the European equivalent, which is unlikely so were seeing the last of the grand slam champs in my eyes.

what about Mark Henry? I mean...the WWE thought they should give Khali a reign as world champion so why not sexual chocolate? who knows? who really thought he would be in the MITB match?

and with the IC title having little to no prestige these days its not an extremely far fetched idea that he could hold it for a little bit. and the tag title is something that he can shoot for as well, later in his career. or be part of an "unbeatable" team like Kane and Show did a few years back.

JBL is probably one of the luckiest men to have won the grand slam, he was lucky to have won the european title back in late 2001 in a squash match against the hurricane. He was obviously lucky to have changed his gimmick just as Lesnar left in 2004 and won his first wwe title and was even luckier to have held it for as long as he did at a time with guys like Eddie Guerrero, Booker T and Undertaker on the same show. And he was also fortunate enough to have been in the right place at the right time beating Punk for the IC belt, they probably just thought, well it's either JBL or Mike Knox, lol. But anyway, they all deserve it, Christian will be the last, Regal will never be world champion, just common sense, poor guy, he's always just looked no better than a mid-carder for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back