• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should induct the Undertaker into the HOF

Who should induct The Undertaker? Thats a great question, the mans career has spanned over 2 decades(just a shade under 2 decades in wwf/e). Here are some of my choices...personally i think for a career such as his, there should be 2 or 3 people to induct him.

Obviously..Paul- His long time manager, Pual put a real disctinction on the Undertaker character and the two working together was just pure magic. It be great to see him back and induct taker.

Austin- the two go way back, basically followed eachother in the old days and have had great fueds in the WWE, they always had great chemistry and im sure Austin would put taker over HUGE in the induction as he deserves it, two of the great on stage, what a day..

Kane- Everyones said it, he's been a huge part of takers career and taker put this guy on the map as a monster. Kane would deliver a great speach I'm sure.

Million Dollar Man- I always love to see this guy, but i'm not sure how close to the two really are so I'm not sure.....But a little off topic, this guy should still be working for WWE, as an announcer(RR94 was BRILLIANT) or even better a GM or manager, the guy can put anyone over...rookies take notes!

Vince- Obvious, taker is probably his most loyal employee and is money in the bank, but I'd rather not see it.

My favorite pick....JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS- This guy tought taker alot in their time together, he passed the mic work on to taker and taker has carried it VERY WELL. I think as long as he was sober....god bless him..he could probably give the most powerful speech to induct taker out of all of them.

If i had to pick I'd say let Paul start it off..then Kane, then austin, then have roberts introduce the deadman. Who gives a damn about time, its the fucking undertaker he can have how much time he wants.

its good that he had great feuds with HBK, Austin and so on but it really only makes sense for 1 of 4 ppl to induct him

those 4 ppl are

1. Kane

2. Paul Bearer

3. Ted DiBiase

4. Brother Love

cause when it comes right down to it, feuds are great but these guys inducting him would mean more cause of their greater bonds with Taker's character kayfabe or not

(i personally think it'd be nice to see Taker get inducted by them all and his Ministry, it is Taker after all, why not have an over the top induction with a sacrifice or something too) but even if Kane didnt say much he should be on that stage too as an inductor

i think it would be a nice lil special thing for Taker

lights go dark and (he's the last to come out obviously after the other HOFers) and the druids line up in front of the stage on the floor and a few on each side on the stage as well with torches)

then out comes Paul Bearer and Kane from one side leaded in by a druid who takes his place at the head of the druids lined up on the left of the stage, and out comes Ted & Brother Love led by a druid who takes his post as the head of the druids on the right,

then after the druids music stops, a bolt of lightning strikes the podium and it breaks open on all sides and becomes demonic looking, maybe smoke rises a bit from the stage and then his music plays a bit, theres his classic lights and Undertaker comes out (either theme would be fine but one could argue that he should come out to his FIRST theme song which i think would be more fitting)

then he walks out accompanied by two druids (and two divas if they wanna do that like everyone else, and i mean they may, you know one HAS to be Michelle, or it could just be her and two druids on the sides of them, yeah lets go with that

then she could kiss him or something before heading off stage (we all know)

and then he could stand for a moment while the massive applause continues

(his symbols could be burning on both sides of the stage too, that'd be cool)

and then he's speak, only like he can!

now thats my perfect induction for taker

(they dont have to, but as an extra they could have a realistic dummy of his opponent at wrestlemania the next night be taken out of a casket in front of the stage and be hung up on his symbol in the center of the stage as it rises and lights on fire with the "body" as a last sacrifice)

thats how i think it should happen

One person that no one has mentioned is Brian Lee. He played the Undertaker for several months in a 90s WWF gimmick. You remember that one where he "died" and 2 different people said they would bring him back.

One Undertaker was played by Mark Calloway (Original) and the other was played by Brian Lee (Imposter).

They could have Ted DiBiase Sr. introduce The Undertaker and Brian Lee comes out and Paul Bearer says thats not the real Undertaker and brings out Mark Calloway. Then Glenn Jacobs (Kane) could read something and actually induct him.

If not, just Brian Lee would be good because he actually knows what it is like to be the Undertaker even if it wasn't the real one.

Brian Lee?

Hey! I bought an Undertaker DVD and wore an Undertaker T-Shirt for about a week about a decade ago. Maybe THAT's enough for ME to induct him as well!

Sorry, that one SummerSlam match years ago doesn't qualify Lee to be the inductor given all the other names considered... it suddenly makes the HBK suggestion sound good! (And HBK still is a bad suggestion)

I personally would love to see the most over-the-top, extravagent induction of any other wrestler to ever enter the HOF. What I would like to see is every person to ever come into contact with the Undertaker, whether in a big or small role, to have a quick say. For every wrestler to show respect to possibly the greatest veteran ever. A few sentences from everybody, would be amazing. Then for him to come out after that would be phenomenal. Obviously that won't happen, so, I'm undecided. I don't know, someone else make my vote for me. Lol.

I have a simple answer to this...

If the streak ends, let the man who ended induct him.... Because obviously that will be the biggest push & rub in wrestling history and it will be someone very special...

If the streak doesn't end, then I say Ted Dibiase Sr or Brother Love... The were the original guys to introduce the Taker...

Who Would I wanna see induct The Undertaker? I would wanna see one of his rivals he feuded with in the past i don't care who just someone he's had a great match with and the only person i think would work is maybe H B K!

has any1 noticed the poll on wwe.com?
its weird that over half of the 'wwe universe thinks 'taker will submit
not kidding
look
wwe.com

Even after reading the comments, I still feel at the current moment that HBK is the best choice given their classic encounters plus being the 2 employees who have been their the longest. But I'm going to give my views on other names I've heard mentioned:

Brian Lee - their feud was too small plus NO ONE knows who he is.

Ted Dibiase or Brother Love - While granted both were the ones who originally brought UT into the WWE. Their time with him was short lived and UT is most known for Paul Bearer.

Edge - Yes they had a great feud but UT has had a great feud with a lot of people but in my opinion HBK was his best feud with Mankind coming in 2nd, if anyone else inducts him based off feuds, I think it will be a move in the wrong direction.

One that I did find intriguing would be the one who breaks his streak. I'm going under the assumption that the streak will still not be broken by the time he is inducted and he has a match at that following wrestlemania (like ric flair did). Have the person he will face in his last wrestlemania match be the one who challenges him that year be the one to induct him.

Forget this HBK, Steve Austin, Kane and Paul Bearer crap. It would only be fitting that one of his best friends induct him. That man, Chuck Palumbo. He spends more time with Chuck outside of the WWE then he spends with anyone in the WWE and they have worked together in the past.

If I was asked about my primary choices, I would have said the exact 3 that many have posted; HBK, Bearer, and Kane. But there's another individual that I deem worthy of inducting The Undertaker into the HoF as well; Ric Flair. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's the amount of respect they have for each other. I don't know for certain, but I sense that Flair would be a great choice.

Foley would be an interesting choice. UT made the man 'famous' in a way. Their feud also was pretty good and sort of was one of the things that the Attitude era and the mainstream resurgence of wrestling sprung out of. Obviously it won't happen though with Foley in TNA anytime soon. It will probably be Bearer and deservedly so, he probably has some good stories to share about Taker too spending all those years with him and watching him grow as a performer and knowing more about him personally.

I’d pick Paul Bearer and Kane to induct him together. I wouldn’t go with anyone else but these two because these two played the biggest parts in Undertaker’s career and vice versa. All the other choices mentioned could be better paired up with someone else. Paul and Kane only fit Taker. I know no one can see Paul or Kane inducting anyone else besides each other and Taker, right??

Let's get this out of the way. It will not be Bret Hart. As much as it would be awesome, not gonna happen.

HBK kind of makes sense, but leaves me kind of meh. I could already tell you HHH will induct him, so, no.

I would actually go with Kane. Glen Jacobs is a smart guy, a deserving guy, and might not make it into the HoF himself. (though I think he should). So, it gives him the stage, and in all honesty, that is Taker's biggest feud ever.

Paul Bearer. He is played an important part in the history of the undertaker.
Kane:For obvious reasons. They had great feuds, are brothers on screen and good friends in reality.
Mick Foley:Not going to happen, but I think that along with Kane, Foley had the best feud with Taker.
Stone Cold/Bret Hart. That me really. Not other reason, would just love to see it.

I think it should probably be Kane or Paul Bearer, both of whom owe the glory years of their careers to the Undertaker. Without Undertaker, those guys would have still been Isaac Yankem and a fat man, and without them Taker would have lacked the dimensions to the character that brought him out of his mid 90s lull. Outside shots include Ted DiBiase, who alledgedly brought him in in the first place, and then later Underfaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back