Who should be next in a feud with Triple H?

CM Steel

A REAL American
With a AWOL CM Punk on the road to Wrestlemania 30. Daniel Bryan took Punk's place in what was suppose to be a Wrestlemania match between CM Punk and Triple H. Of course Triple H doesn't wrestle full-time anymore due to him working backstage in the WWE office. But Triple H did have a decent feud against Daniel Bryan. So, who should be next in a feud with Triple H?

There was talk of having Roman Reigns feud with Triple H heading into Summerslam. But that task was pasted over to Randy Orton. There are alot of hot young talent that hasn't had the honor to face Triple H in the ring yet and now may never get the chance. Were in a new generation of WWE superstars now. Guys like...

-Roman Reigns
-Bad News Barrett
-Bray Wyatt
-Dolph Ziggler
-The Miz
-Big E
-ECT

They have enough to go toe-to-toe with the game. So really. Who should be next in a feud with Triple H?

I'd like to see Roman Reigns v Triple H at Hell in a Cell, and then when the Rollins v Ambrose feud is over, Dean Ambrose v Triple H. Getting victories over HHH would be great for both of their careers and the latter especially would be a great match to watch IMO.

HHH already put the shield over so I don't think a new fued with Reigns would really be that great. A Wyatt fued might be interesting.

I'd be more than happy to see Triple H wrestle Roman Reigns. Reigns is the next big babyface and HHH is probably the second or third best heel in the company. The best thing about these two is HHH is an experienced guy. He can carry the match and Reigns should learn from wrestling him. Obviously Reigns wins which would be fantastic for his career.

Long-term, I'd like to see him wrestle Dean Ambrose. For similar reasons as above: older guy putting over a younger guy and making him look good. Moreover, it would be entertaining.

I would like to see Evolution feud with The Wyatt Family. Both these factions had a couple of classics with The Shield so I'd like to see what they could do together. There isn't as nice of a blend in styles but there is a shitload of talent.

Finally, Sting simply because it is a dream match.

Reigns, a couple of matches with The Wyatt Family, Sting and Ambrose would be great for the next couple of years. HHH can still go and the WWE would be foolish not to use him at the right time.

I would like to see Shane McMahon come back to WWE TV, take over from "authority" and have a power struggle between Shane and Steph/HHH; BUT have it take months to build to a conclusion. I would like to see Shane come back; take over and relieve HHH and Steph of their power and get HHH back on the active roster again, however get HHH to head up a new DX faction; where he takes 2 guys from NXT and a guy from Mid card of Raw or Smackdown and build them up; and eventually one of them betrays HHH and turns heel on him; and joins Shane McMahon in ruling; for HHH to have one big match with that person and put them over; with the authority of shane and Stephanie on the line. Shane wins but then Vince Comes back and orders them to share power.....

as you can tell; HHH has done most things now; his current role is becoming stale but he can still go if the right storyline comes along. I know it seems not so long back but it was 17 years ago when he formed DX with HBK. 15 years ago he won his first WWF title. FIFTEEN years ago. He has done it all since then.

Dare I say, Triple H should stop soon.

I figure HHH v Reigns at HiaC. This match is as much HHH as a sledgehammer is. This could be the match that puts Reigns over.

Trips v Ambrose at WM 31. Ambrose needs a match with Trips as much as Reigns, if he's expected to be over by this time next year.

Then it kind of hits the point where if Triple H keeps losing to guys it's gonna start looking bad in my opinion. He'd be in Jericho territory, and being a part time worker it just won't work for me.

That being said, if he keeps wrestling guys...Cesaro. I feel like it'd work, they could make the story work. Cesaro and Triple H could make the match work.

I'll go with Bray Wyatt. It wouldn't just be "young lion vs. old lion" or "alpha male vs. alpha male" or "guy who has been held down vs. the guy in charge". Wyatt's character is obviously "anti-authority", it's about time he actually takes on THE Authority.

If they went full blast face turn push with Wyatt (not by changing his character, but just by changing who he targets), I think he would be a bigger star than they are planning on Reigns being.

could see either Zayn or Devitt being in a feud with him Zayn because they could do another Bryan story and devitt because devitt has a personality against the authority figure.

Reigns and Ambrose are easy ones. Reigns probably needs it more as he desperately needs someone to help him figure out his thing in the ring. Triple H is a ring general, he would do wonders for him.

Ambrose would probably be the better match, though. He's more of a complete product.

If and when Rollins breaks free from The Authority and turns face he and Hunter could have an excellent match as well. I don't see that happening for a while though.

1. Triple H vs. Roman Reigns inside the Hell in a Cell

I think that Roman Reigns should face Triple H at Hell in a Cell, and then challenge Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. I think he is the most credible opponent for Brock right now, and the match would be surreal. The best way to set it up would be for Triple H to decide on Raw that he can't trust Kane, Orton or Seth to get rid of Roman Reigns. It's time to do it himself, and in his signature match-up: the hell in a cell.

After Brock crushes Roman like a bug, it would humanize him. People will be sympathetic to him because he would simultaneously be a powerhouse AND an underdog. You can continue booking him like a strong monster heading into the Rumble and once he wins it, he can face Brock in a rematch at WrestleMania with No DQ stipulations. Now that's how you do a rematch!

But this thread is about Triple H... So what does he do after losing to Roman at Hell in a Cell? He goes away for a while, and comes back and enters the Royal Rumble. You pull all the stops for Rumble. Bryan also comes back at the big event and throws Triple H over the top. Then it's settled for Elimination Chamber:

2. Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan, the WrestleMania Rematch

Triple H goes 1-on-1 with Daniel Bryan again at EC to destroy the Yes Movement once and for all. This time he succeeds, when Batista returns and spears Bryan when the referee is down. Batista feels that Bryan stole the spotlight from him last year so Bryan moves onto a feud with him for Mania. And where does that leave Triple H for the big show??

Well, when Dean Ambrose comes back for Hell in a Cell, he'll face Seth 1-on-1 in the cage as well. Dean beats Seth, and then Team Dean beats Team Seth again at Survivor Series. Dean is on a roll. At TLC, Stephanie makes the #1 Contender match for a shot at Brock at the Royal Rumble: Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose in a TLC match. During the match, Dean wins and goes onto face Brock at the Rumble. Stephanie starts feuding with Ambrose leading up to the event, and at Royal Rumble, she actually interferes on Lesnar's behalf. The next night on Raw, Dean tries confronting Stephanie in the ring, but Triple H comes out and beats him to a pulp and takes him out. Dean goes away for a month while Triple H feuds with Bryan. But after EC, Dean comes back to help Bryan in a Batista-and-Triple H 2-on-1. Dean goes directly for the BOSS. And after humiliating him in a beatdown of his own, it's settled for WrestleMania.

3. Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose @ WrestleMania

I think it's got to be Reigns simply because he's been mowing down the authority for the better part of the last 4 months or so as a member of the Shield first and now of course on his premiere solo run. So naturally he's got to take out Triple H and finish this.

Honestly, they have waited a long time to bring us this match which is simply just dragging out this whole program with the Authority and now it looks like it will go on a bit longer as Reigns seems poised to take on Rollins. I think a Reigns/Rollins feud is just automatic money but not at this time. Maybe a post Wrestlemania feud with either of them chasing the title from the other.

1. Triple H vs. Roman Reigns inside the Hell in a Cell

I think that Roman Reigns should face Triple H at Hell in a Cell, and then challenge Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. I think he is the most credible opponent for Brock right now, and the match would be surreal. The best way to set it up would be for Triple H to decide on Raw that he can't trust Kane, Orton or Seth to get rid of Roman Reigns. It's time to do it himself, and in his signature match-up: the hell in a cell.

After Brock crushes Roman like a bug, it would humanize him. People will be sympathetic to him because he would simultaneously be a powerhouse AND an underdog. You can continue booking him like a strong monster heading into the Rumble and once he wins it, he can face Brock in a rematch at WrestleMania with No DQ stipulations. Now that's how you do a rematch!

But this thread is about Triple H... So what does he do after losing to Roman at Hell in a Cell? He goes away for a while, and comes back and enters the Royal Rumble. You pull all the stops for Rumble. Bryan also comes back at the big event and throws Triple H over the top. Then it's settled for Elimination Chamber:

2. Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan, the WrestleMania Rematch

Triple H goes 1-on-1 with Daniel Bryan again at EC to destroy the Yes Movement once and for all. This time he succeeds, when Batista returns and spears Bryan when the referee is down. Batista feels that Bryan stole the spotlight from him last year so Bryan moves onto a feud with him for Mania. And where does that leave Triple H for the big show??

Well, when Dean Ambrose comes back for Hell in a Cell, he'll face Seth 1-on-1 in the cage as well. Dean beats Seth, and then Team Dean beats Team Seth again at Survivor Series. Dean is on a roll. At TLC, Stephanie makes the #1 Contender match for a shot at Brock at the Royal Rumble: Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose in a TLC match. During the match, Dean wins and goes onto face Brock at the Rumble. Stephanie starts feuding with Ambrose leading up to the event, and at Royal Rumble, she actually interferes on Lesnar's behalf. The next night on Raw, Dean tries confronting Stephanie in the ring, but Triple H comes out and beats him to a pulp and takes him out. Dean goes away for a month while Triple H feuds with Bryan. But after EC, Dean comes back to help Bryan in a Batista-and-Triple H 2-on-1. Dean goes directly for the BOSS. And after humiliating him in a beatdown of his own, it's settled for WrestleMania.

3. Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose @ WrestleMania

I am down with the Reigns idea...just one thing, do you have Roman(fresh off of defeating HHH) be crushed like Cena(at SummerSlam) was at Survivor Series? I think assuming his in-ring work would still be a WIP, him being crushed also by Brock in first time(Rookie tries to slay the Big Champ) might get people more invested as you suggested for a rematch(assuming hopefully, John Cena will lose again at NoC) and finally be able to slay the Beast Incarnate.

On the other matches:
Agree with Daniel Bryan vs Batista(the build seems sound also)
Agree with Dean Ambrose vs Triple H also(but I'd build it differently.)

I am down with the Reigns idea...just one thing, do you have Roman(fresh off of defeating HHH) be crushed like Cena(at SummerSlam) was at Survivor Series? I think assuming his in-ring work would still be a WIP, him being crushed also by Brock in first time(Rookie tries to slay the Big Champ) might get people more invested as you suggested for a rematch(assuming hopefully, John Cena will lose again at NoC) and finally be able to slay the Beast Incarnate.

Yeah, I kinda glossed over it because it's a Triple H thread, but that's basically the idea.

Roman Reigns will have beaten Kane on Raw, Randy Orton at SummerSlam, and Seth Rollins at Night of Champions. He comes out the next night asking what Triple H is going to throw at him next. Triple H then decides he has to do this himself, so he beats Roman down and makes the Hell in a Cell match. Roman Reigns beats him clean after a huge brawl of a match, and the next night, Stephanie knows what has to be done. When they couldn't take out Cena, they got Lesnar to do it. So she tells Roman she'll be rewarding him for beating her husband... a WWE title match with Brock Lesnar!

And Roman is pushed like the unstoppable force that can actually take down Brock Lesnar. Hopefully, fans on the internet are even convinced that he's going to be the new Cena and pushed down our throats by hulking up and beating Brock handily.

But at the actual show, Brock will DESTROY him. Roman would have gone in over his head. The people will be in shock over the beat-down Roman received.

After the show, he will be embarrassed, his confidence will be crushed. But he will be sympathetic. Even though he can crush through the competition on Raw, he didn't stand a chance where it meant something. WWE will actually have a powerhouse who's an underdog.

For TLC, Paul Heyman will be part of the build for the 3-way main event, saying that Brock doesn't care who wins. He'll be on commentary for the main event. But when Roman reaches for the contract and it looks like he's going to win, Paul Heyman will flip the ladder and push him down! He'll walk away to the back. That will leave Dean and Seth to fight for the contract, with Dean coming out the winner.

Paul will keep cutting promos on how useless Roman is, adding fuel to the fire for the WM rematch.. But the WM main event will be set in stone when Roman eliminates John Cena last and wins the Royal Rumble. For EC, John challenges Roman to put his title shot on the line in the main event. At the show, Seth Rollins tries to interfere against Roman. But Cena comes out, clocks Seth in the face, comes back in the ring, and turns around into a spear. Roman beats the face of the company, keeps the title shot, and goes onto WrestleMania where he eventually wins the title.

On the other matches:
Agree with Daniel Bryan vs Batista(the build seems sound also)
Agree with Dean Ambrose vs Triple H also(but I'd build it differently.)

I would also do John Cena vs. Seth Rollins after what happened at EC. So WrestleMania would be:
• Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
• Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H
• John Cena vs. Seth Rollins
• Daniel Bryan vs. Batista

Randy Orton kinda drew the short stick here, since I can't think of who he could face at Mania. There's only so many guys you can push at once. I think putting him into the 31-man Andre Battle Royal would be fine, if they revolve it all around him, and have a new up-and-coming face eliminate Randy last for the win. Although I wouldn't be opposed to Randy actually winning it if they want to build him up as a credible opponent for Roman.

Yeah, I kinda glossed over it because it's a Triple H thread, but that's basically the idea.

Roman Reigns will have beaten Kane on Raw, Randy Orton at SummerSlam, and Seth Rollins at Night of Champions. He comes out the next night asking what Triple H is going to throw at him next. Triple H then decides he has to do this himself, so he beats Roman down and makes the Hell in a Cell match. Roman Reigns beats him clean after a huge brawl of a match, and the next night, Stephanie knows what has to be done. When they couldn't take out Cena, they got Lesnar to do it. So she tells Roman she'll be rewarding him for beating her husband... a WWE title match with Brock Lesnar!

And Roman is pushed like the unstoppable force that can actually take down Brock Lesnar. Hopefully, fans on the internet are even convinced that he's going to be the new Cena and pushed down our throats by hulking up and beating Brock handily.

But at the actual show, Brock will DESTROY him. Roman would have gone in over his head. The people will be in shock over the beat-down Roman received.

After the show, he will be embarrassed, his confidence will be crushed. But he will be sympathetic. Even though he can crush through the competition on Raw, he didn't stand a chance where it meant something. WWE will actually have a powerhouse who's an underdog.

For TLC, Paul Heyman will be part of the build for the 3-way main event, saying that Brock doesn't care who wins. He'll be on commentary for the main event. But when Roman reaches for the contract and it looks like he's going to win, Paul Heyman will flip the ladder and push him down! He'll walk away to the back. That will leave Dean and Seth to fight for the contract, with Dean coming out the winner.

Paul will keep cutting promos on how useless Roman is, adding fuel to the fire for the WM rematch.. But the WM main event will be set in stone when Roman eliminates John Cena last and wins the Royal Rumble. For EC, John challenges Roman to put his title shot on the line in the main event. At the show, Seth Rollins tries to interfere against Roman. But Cena comes out, clocks Seth in the face, comes back in the ring, and turns around into a spear. Roman beats the face of the company, keeps the title shot, and goes onto WrestleMania where he eventually wins the title.

I would also do John Cena vs. Seth Rollins after what happened at EC. So WrestleMania would be:
• Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
• Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H
• John Cena vs. Seth Rollins
• Daniel Bryan vs. Batista

Randy Orton kinda drew the short stick here, since I can't think of who he could face at Mania. There's only so many guys you can push at once. I think putting him into the 31-man Andre Battle Royal would be fine, if they revolve it all around him, and have a new up-and-coming face eliminate Randy last for the win. Although I wouldn't be opposed to Randy actually winning it if they want to build him up as a credible opponent for Roman.

That is the ideal culmination of a year of pushing the Shield Trio...and I'd be more than contented with a card like that...whilst Daniel Bryan is over in any case and will be over whenever he returns....

That said; IF Batista doesn't return, then I'd put:

• [*]Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
    [*]John Cena vs Daniel Bryan
    [*]Triple H vs Dean Ambrose
    [*]Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

Hopefully, Cesaro and Bray Wyatt would also be on the cusp of a decent push also, which would continue big time post-WM31, as hopefully, the Shield Trio will be established by the end of the night of Mania 31 itself.

I personally think Triple H's next feud should be his last. I would love to see Seth Rollins VS Triple H at WrestleMania 31, as Triple H's retirement match.

There could be a beautiful story there. Seth Rollins fails at cashing in the MITB briefcase, Triple H get pissed off and removes Rollins from The Authority. The rest will just fall into place.

I think it should be Bray Wyatt. If the Wyatt Family turns by kicking Triple-H's ass, it will be more huge than The Shield turning on Kane. In fact, Triple-H seems to be the best catalyst to turn the Wyatts face anytime between now and Wrestlemania.

How about this...
We've heard the rumors of Angle trying to come back to WWE, first asking HHH then "going over his head" to Mcmahon.
How about Angle convinces Vince to let him back, against the wishes of HHH.
There is your rivalry right there. HHH vs. the newly returning Angle.
But IDK if that would work, because you gotta have at least one guy who wrestles on raw to help promote it.

Sting vs Triple H, The Icon vs The Game, baseball bat taking on the sledgehammer this feud if WWE were smart would not only be best for business because of the buyrates but also it is a dream feud that I am sure each and every fan in WWE would also want to see, Sting and Triple H being polar complete opposites and to see Triple H take on a man of Sting's darkness would be great considering Triple H has faced a man similar to Sting in The Undertaker but Triple H has never in his life faced an opponent as unique as The Icon Sting, Sting is an icon unlike Shawn Michaels, Sting is the true icon in this business and has been for decades even to this day

Triple H vs Roman Reigns is the perfect way to help solidify Reigns as a main eventer. They both have similar styles and the match itself would be a solid back and forth contest. This match should've been at SummerSlam but maybe they'll do it before Wrestlemania.

Triple H vs Bray Wyatt is a great way to turn Wyatt face. Have the Authority try to control the Wyatt family, and have Bray want none of it. Eventually, Bray hits sister abigail on Triple H during a stand off between the Wyatts and Authority leading to a match at Wrestlemania.

Triple H vs Chris Jericho. After RAW last night, I definitely want to see another feud between HHH and Y2J. The banter between them alone is enough to make the feud entertaining. Their matches in the past have been great and the promos would just add to it.

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose. Again, Ambrose would benefit from a win over Triple H in a huge way. Same build up as a Reigns vs Triple H feud.

Dean Ambrose. I would have said Reigns but he doesn't need the match. He already beat former world champs - Kane, Orton and The Miz. All Reigns need to do is win the Rumble next year and he's a legit main eventer.

However, Ambrose could use a legit solo win. That's where HHH can step in. HHH tries to protect Rollins all he wants. Ambrose gets his vengeance, even beats Kane, however HHH could feud with him to try to take Ambrose out of the picture for good instead of raising hell

Vince McMahon; and have Triple H have full control of creative ( the company but we all just want creative really ) if he wins. This is prolly the bitterness after that awful..awful Raw we just had. But I do think this storyline is money and should be done at some point.

As who should really feud with him in the immediate future. Probably Ambrose. I mean Triple H wanted Ambrose gone aswell. Rollins is part of the Authority and if the Authority is helping Rollins so much and basically taken him out of action, I would have beef with not only Rollins so we will see.

Triple H did have that stare down with RR some time ago so maybe they want to go that direction, people seemed to enjoy that tease. I am really interested to see what they do with both Rollins and Ambrose after their feud. Because if Ambrose would feud with H then Rollins will for sure get involved and that's just boring as that would be too much interfering from the Authority with the same guy in that short span of time.

If Cesaro wouldn't be so fkn down the totem pole maybe he could have and I'm sure they would have had a great match.

It's really sad when there very few you can choose from. I mean Wyatt is not completely destroyed but he has a lot of catching up to do and he needs a lot of steam going forward. And a face Wyatt could go against the Authority. I mean a lot of his promos are sometimes randomly about "authority" in general and humans being brainwashed so maybe that feud. I think the promos would be great and Triple H would bring out the best in Wyatt, unlike Jericho who seems to be phoning it.

So my best pick would really be Bray Wyatt. I really want to see these guys square off. I think out of all the up and coming guys who came like after Cesaro, Wyatt is the one that really needs some steam atm after having the whole family squashed by Cena ( guided by creative ofc no hate on Cena ) then given a 30 sec irrelevant promo on RAW.

I'll go with Triple H, because Reigns is not ready for Brock Lesnar.

I know the popular idea for Wrestlemania 31 is Reigns VS Lesnar for the title, and I get the point behind giving Reigns the rub, but it's too soon for him, and he's not ready. Rollins is out, because he's a heel, but I would buy Ambrose over Reigns as an opponent for Lesnar at Mania. I can buy into Ambrose for a few reasons. 1. he's more polished and ready, and 2. I can buy into Ambrose as this raging lunatic/crazy bastard, who'll refuse to quit and take everything Lesnar has to throw at him.

From what I remember, there was a nice buzz from the live crowd on Raw a while ago, when Reigns and Triple H had a one on one stare down. On paper, I can buy into Triple H VS Reigns, but Reigns VS Lesnar is too lopsided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back