• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H & McMahon power struggle match at Mania.... who should represent McMahon?

If this is infact where the McMahon leadership ends then WWE will really put out the whole fanfare. This will be main event and end with McMahon playing up to the crowd and saying goodbye - I fully expect him to play the heel going into this though!!! Rock vs Brock is huge, but this is bigger!!!

Someone respresenting McMahon doesnt weteth the apetite. I think it needs to be a Team Vince vs Team Hunter match.The participants are endless - Evolution, DX or The Clique are all strong possiblities. As for McMahon, well hopefully Shane would appear, The Shield would be a good fit, but talk of Austin, Rock etc just wouldn't make sense IMO.

There are other names like Warrior, Bruno, Bret Hart you could throw around to be involved in this angle, people Vince has pissed off over the years. Makes a good story.

Retirements aside, Triple H has 3 possible teams that make sense from a personal point of view. These are based on DX, The Clique and Evolution.

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn
Triple H, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall
Triple H, Batista, Randy Orton, Ric Flair

Vince could side with pretty much any decent heels in the biz. Lesnar, Axel, The Shield, Big Show, Ryback, Del Rio...Jericho or Sheamus could be turned who both work much better as heels.

Vince would have to select somebody who he views as somebody HHH is incapable of defeating, so I could see, if this is indeed a storyline they intend on doing, is bringing HBK back for one final match. Shawn Michaels vs Triple H 1-1 at Wrestlemania 30 for control of WWE. The build up could be some of their best work. HBK in the end could lay down for HHH and have him pin, double crossing/ or screwing Vince out of his company.
The obvious person would be Undertaker though, as he is undefeated at Mnaia and Vince would be so cocky that as HHH has failed 3 times already at Mania to beat the Phenom. Nut nobody wants to see them go around again. The WWEC Title needs to be nowhere near this either. And Vince isnt ready to hand the reigns over yet, so there is no guarantee HHH wins this match either.
I dont see this matych happening at all, not when Cena will more than likely be fighting Taker and Lesnar will be in a high profile match with The Rock(rumoured) and if Austin is returning for a match, well HHH isnt needed on the card. CM Punk will also require somebody of his level to compete against also.

Even though I like several of the tag match ideas I just can't see Triple H going for it at a Mania, if Team HHH vs Team Vince happens it will be at Survivor Series in my opinion.

If WWE decided to use this to align a heel with Vince and elevate him I'd love to see Cesaro get the chance. I read Triple H was very impressed with his work this past Monday and was first to greet him when he came back through the curtain. He's the kind of throwback wrestler I could imagine Triple H wanting to work with IF the surrogate for Vince is to be an up and coming heel.

RYBACK!...no? Okay...
But in all seriousness, am I the only one who thinks that HHH should have someone wrestle for him too? Like someone else said, Vince McMahon is smart, and makes smart choices. HHH vs. The Undertaker has been beat into the ground, so that only leaves vince with one choice, Brock Lesnar. Of course, you can't really find that many people who actually want to see HHH vs Brock III, so they should do an angle where stephanie comes in and talks to HHH and tells him that the last time he fought Brock, he couldn't walk for weeks. She pretty much forbids him to wrestle Brock, so he has to find someone who will wrestle Brock or forfeit his power in the company. Then he could introduce the rock as his representative for the match. I'm pretty sure that Rock vs. Brock is going to happen anyway (if the rock wants to wrestle), so why not have it for control of the company.

RYBACK!...no? Okay...
But in all seriousness, am I the only one who thinks that HHH should have someone wrestle for him too? Like someone else said, Vince McMahon is smart, and makes smart choices. HHH vs. The Undertaker has been beat into the ground, so that only leaves vince with one choice, Brock Lesnar. Of course, you can't really find that many people who actually want to see HHH vs Brock III, so they should do an angle where stephanie comes in and talks to HHH and tells him that the last time he fought Brock, he couldn't walk for weeks. She pretty much forbids him to wrestle Brock, so he has to find someone who will wrestle Brock or forfeit his power in the company. Then he could introduce the rock as his representative for the match. I'm pretty sure that Rock vs. Brock is going to happen anyway (if the rock wants to wrestle), so why not have it for control of the company.

Brock vs Rock doesnt need any stipulations, they are the two biggest draws in the entire industry. It would get messy randomly putting Rock with Triple H as well. And Brock is already alligned with Paul Heyman.

If they go down the Vince/Brock route then it should be Triple H/Batista. Leaving Rock vs Taker, Cena vs Orton and Punk vs Bryan. I think they would be 4 main events perfect for Wrestlemania 30. That is 4 eras covered right there with 8 superstars who were at the top fo their game in Attitude, Ruthless Agression, PG and current.

Triple threat is thrown down. Right off the bat Stephanie announces John Cena to represent her in the match.

Next few weeks we see Vince search for the right guy. Guys 'audition' and try to prove themselves, even build up the "30 years of WM" theme tied in by having some legends show up (comedic skits, etc.) But ultimately this is for control of the WWE and jobs are on the line. So being the opportunist Paul Heyman is, he offers Brock Lesnar up to fight on Vince's behalf. Of course Vince likes this idea of a crazy monster & him and Paul could have some insane promo's. So Brock is in.

So now that leaves HHH to come sign his name.

But he too realizes the importance of this WM match. He talks about how this is bigger than all matches before and more important ever to score a victory- for the future of the WWE. A must win situation betting on a sure thing. So that is why at WM it will be John Cena vs Brock Lesnar vs ..... The Undertaker.

This gives a nice twist to the story as well as a great match that HHH does not have to fight in at all. HHH proving again to be Cerebral Assassin chooses the one guy who will not lose at WM. You want a sure thing at the biggest show with it all on the line? Why wouldnt he choose Taker?. Cena could take most of the brutal stuff so Taker would not die or get hurt too bad. It could be a great final match for Taker and tie a few things up in the process.

Plus we dont have to rely on pipe dreams of SCSA coming back to save the day against Cena\Punk\HHH or whoever will be involved in the Triple Threat. Or Sting appearing out of thin air to fight Taker. These would be great, but will likely never happen and certainly not at WM 30.

If a match like this goes down, I would have to think Trips would fight for himself. This match could then serve as his last match as he could get the win and then transition to the #1 authority figure for the WWE.

As for the opponent Vince would pick I don't see a top heel on the roster that would warrent this type of match. Maybe if a guy like Barrett is given an insaine push here in the next 6 months he could be an option. What I would expect to happen is Vince pick a guy like The Rock. They could build the match as Vince choosing Rock because Rock represents everything Vince covets in a sports entertainer. They could build on there rivalry from the past and have Rock almost in a heel manner point out that he's everything Hunter wanted to be and that he has done more in 5 years in the WWE than Hunter did in 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back