• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who of the WWE Talent Released Today Should TNA Pick Up?

I'd say once they settle their over loaded roster (and deal with what ever issue they might have) The only ones I'd say would be worth the investment of TNA would be Gail Kim and David hart Smith. Kosloav odes not have any personality (ex. Steve Blackman) and Chris Masters has actually managed to get worse in the ring as time goes by. Masters isn't worth being in a back yard fed.

As for Melina....not worth the investment. DH Smith would make a decent mid card worker, and Gail Kim would fit perfect with the old knockouts vs new knockouts angle that TNA has going right now.

You can't get mad at a wrestler/player for wanting to jump to a bigger team that can do something that the other one couldn't (LeBron James signning with the Miami Heat).

You can't get mad at a player for going to a "bigger" team?? Yes, Dumbass, you can. FUCK LEBRON JAMES. And then you can enjoy every second of watching him QUIT on his new team in the finals, just like he QUIT on the cavs in the '10 playoffs. Lebron James is the definiton of someone who cowers when the going gets tough. Everyone who doesn't think he's a bitch is likely a bitch themselves.

As for the topic... Gail Kim would be a plus. Melina would hurt the KO's division. She's worthless and has an attitude problem, and a sense of entitlement.

As for the guys released- all are SCRUBS. TNA would be making a huge mistake wasting time on anyone of them.

Hell, I'd rather see them bring Murphy back. He's still contracted as far as I know, still young, and re-packaged could have a chance to get over. And he's got just as impressive a "physical presence" as Masters or Kozlov.

I think that other than the new X-division signees, we are going to see TNA make more "addition by subtraction" type moves with there roster. I don't expect to see any non-X wrestler signed the rest of the year, unless a very high-profile guy becomes available. In fact I see TNA making more moves like the ones the WWE just made... releasing marginally talented(<--thats being generous in the case of these guys the WWE just let go) wrestlers, to make more room to showcase the rest of the roster.

I would like to see Gail Kim return and it's probably 99% likely she will. There's no doubting Gail Kim will be given the chance to put on better matches than the WWE would allow. Simply because she has the talent to work with in TNA (Angelina Love, Mickie James, Tara, ODB, Madison Rayne etc).

I honestly don't know why so many posters are making statements like this. Because Gail Kim has quit the WWE, people are all of a sudden going about as if the Knockout Division is still remotely relevant. The Knockout Division is every bit as bad as the Divas are in the WWE and, truthfully, have been for the better part of two years. The Knockouts singles & tag titles are worthless, the matches are generally 1-3 minutes of filler and the Knockouts rely on sex appeal & skimpy outfits to maintain any sense of interest from the audience. The Diva are exactly the same.

I know that some people prefer TNA to WWE and vice versa and that's great. It'd be unnatural if it was any other way. But c'mon...this isn't a WWE vs. TNA thing. Both women's divisions are piss poor and Gail Kim heading to TNA, if she does so, isn't going to change that. Mickie James certainly didn't and she's the biggest female star in wrestling since Trish Stratus. Now, she's just another name on the roster.

None of them.

Who has something to offer? Kozlov, DH and Masters would be nothing more than mid-carders, if that. Gail, I suppose, but she quit, wasn't released. Melina? If TNA wants her, I have no problem with it, seeing it's the KO division.

However, what would any of these bums add? They added nothing to WWE programming, so I'm not sure what they would add to TNA. Actually, I am sure - nothing.

TNA should pick up the scraps only when the scraps have value. This time around, no one fits that description.

I'm shocked about the comments on Masters in this thread. I thought the IWC is meant to be "smart"!?!?

Have any of you seen Masters' matches on superstars? This go is OVER and is probably one of the best "wrestlers" WWE had.. I can't believe they released him, he is amazing in the ring. His psychology alone is 200% better than Cena or Orton's. I know TNA's roster is stacked right now, but Chris Masters is indeed a huge opportunity.

I've never seen a wrestler improve so much over the last few years, and his release to me really says that HHH really does have some power right now because there has always been rumours that he didn't like Masters and then there was hiw he buried him in one line a few years back.

If repackaged like they did with the Pope, TNA could have a major star on their hands.

I pity your factually inaccurate post.

1. Gail Kim was in WWE before she was in TNA. An easy Google search will show you that.

2. Edge was never in WCW. Edge debuted in WWE in 1996 in Hamilton, Ontario as Sexton Hardcastle (I was there when it happened) and he never competed in WCW.

3. Where do you get the idea that WWE is interested in Samoa Joe?

4. Rey was not poached from WCW. Rey went to WWE after WCW went out of business.

That is all.

an easy google search found these champ ;)

[YOUTUBE]1aiMHJPEPBA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bBmg8YBlY4o[/YOUTUBE]​

You can't get mad at a player for going to a "bigger" team?? Yes, Dumbass, you can. FUCK LEBRON JAMES. And then you can enjoy every second of watching him QUIT on his new team in the finals, just like he QUIT on the cavs in the '10 playoffs. Lebron James is the definiton of someone who cowers when the going gets tough. Everyone who doesn't think he's a bitch is likely a bitch themselves.

As for the topic... Gail Kim would be a plus. Melina would hurt the KO's division. She's worthless and has an attitude problem, and a sense of entitlement.

As for the guys released- all are SCRUBS. TNA would be making a huge mistake wasting time on anyone of them.

Hell, I'd rather see them bring Murphy back. He's still contracted as far as I know, still young, and re-packaged could have a chance to get over. And he's got just as impressive a "physical presence" as Masters or Kozlov.

I think that other than the new X-division signees, we are going to see TNA make more "addition by subtraction" type moves with there roster. I don't expect to see any non-X wrestler signed the rest of the year, unless a very high-profile guy becomes available. In fact I see TNA making more moves like the ones the WWE just made... releasing marginally talented(<--thats being generous in the case of these guys the WWE just let go) wrestlers, to make more room to showcase the rest of the roster.
Do you need some tampon's man? Because you are getting way too emotional for nothing.

LeBron James was suppose to be a point. And you took it out of context. What I was saying is that it's good business sence for TNA to pick up on the released WWE talent. But the only one between the parties of the talent and the company is the company due to the fact that TNA is pushing those former WWE stars as legit main event stars.

Look at Mr. Anderson. Could he have made it to the heights of his career where he is now in the WWE? I think not for obvious reason's. TNA are very quck to rub the WWE rejects back in the WWE's faces for some reason? Even though it's TNA looking bad in the end going back to the so-called "Monday night wars 2". So more than likey TNA will pick up on the recently released WWE talent within 90 days.

And that will remain TNA's motto until the company folds.

None od them, let'S face it. DH Smith is better off going to Japan and train for MMA then go to TNA. Gail & Melina,while great wrestler, would be wasted their talent in the Knockout division since it seem like it's all about Velvet Sky ans miss teshmacher right now. Chris Masters doesn'T bring anything to the table even with the physique he as and Vladimir Kozlov, while entertaining would fit well in the current TNA product since he'S more of an pg style entertainer and his wrestling skill are very limited.

The fact is TNA would be stupid to hire any of them. But even through i think they shouldn't hire any of them, i see them maybe trying to get Melina and may gail Kim if she's not into too much trouble for quitting because she could be since she wasn't release and didn'T made a deal with the WWE to get here release.

I honestly don't know why so many posters are making statements like this. Because Gail Kim has quit the WWE, people are all of a sudden going about as if the Knockout Division is still remotely relevant. The Knockout Division is every bit as bad as the Divas are in the WWE and, truthfully, have been for the better part of two years. The Knockouts singles & tag titles are worthless, the matches are generally 1-3 minutes of filler and the Knockouts rely on sex appeal & skimpy outfits to maintain any sense of interest from the audience. The Diva are exactly the same.

I'm not even a fan of womans wrestling but I've always thought the Knockouts were relevant and a pretty big part of the show. They usually get at least 2 or 3 segments/matches per show, which for me is 2 or 3 too many. I'll agree the matches on iMPACT! are not usually all that long (but matches in general aren't -they're saved for PPV) but most of the Knockouts have some sort of story/angle they are involved in. If they just came out, did their entrances, had a quick match and that was it then I'd say the division was irrelevant. But considering they are all apart of stories and featured on a regular basis, I'd say the Knockouts Division is relevant (although I'd probably prefer if it wasn't TBH).

Do you need some tampon's man? Because you are getting way too emotional for nothing.

LeBron James was suppose to be a point. And you took it out of context. What I was saying is that it's good business sence for TNA to pick up on the released WWE talent. But the only one between the parties of the talent and the company is the company due to the fact that TNA is pushing those former WWE stars as legit main event stars.

Look at Mr. Anderson. Could he have made it to the heights of his career where he is now in the WWE? I think not for obvious reason's. TNA are very quck to rub the WWE rejects back in the WWE's faces for some reason? Even though it's TNA looking bad in the end going back to the so-called "Monday night wars 2". So more than likey TNA will pick up on the recently released WWE talent within 90 days.

And that will remain TNA's motto until the company folds.

No tampon needed... just never use Lebron James as an example for anything you are trying to defend, in many circles the guy has become more villainized then satan(and I say rightfully so). I've been following him sice he was a sophomore in high school, and he hasn't matured a day in that time frame. He's a cowardly, weak-willed, selfish bitch. Facts. So invoking his name can never help your argument.

As for your "point"... Anderson is light years ahead of this crop of WWE releasees. He is main event worthy. Even the WWE must have thought that at some point, he did win MITB.

This is what people fail to recognize:

TNA doesn't automatically make main-eventers out of every ex-WWE guy that they get their hands on. They make main-eventers out of the main-event caliber guys that the WWE somehow missed the boat on, or let slip through their fingers- like Christian, Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD, and Anderson.

Morgan's look screams champion and he was in the WWE, so by the IWC's prevailing logic he should have already won the belt several times by now right? Except he hasn't. Because TNA knows he's not yet ready. The Pope is a very charismatic ex-WWE star, he's young, and can move well in the ring, where are his automatically gifted world title reigns?? Why didn't Matt Hardy move right into the world title picture???

Not one of these recent WWE releasees is talented enough to rise past the midcard, so why waste time pushing them, or even money signing them?

Vladimir Kozlov could easily come in and go after Abyss or be another generic monster heel. I don't really see him signing though. If he does it could be pretty cool to see. I think TNA will pick up Masters as Smith is going to Japan.

If TNA have any sense they will already have made the call to Gail Kim. Kim is probably the best women's wrestler WWE has had for the last 5 years and it was very sad to see them completely waste her again after she had rebuilt her repuatation in TNA and put on some of the best womens matches I have ever seen with Kong.

She would be treated right in TNA and would be a great addition to the KO roster. With opponents like Mickie, Tara, Angelina, Winter and more, Kim would do really well in TNA. She is the one DEFINITE signing I would make.

Melina should be considered, but is she more trouble than she is worth? Sure, she can wrestle but is she going to cause trouble backstage and acting like she is too good for TNA and that she should be treated as the biggest star etc. I have a feeling she would, so I think TNA should do a bit of research and speak to a few people before making her an offer. If she behaved, then she would do well.

David Hart Smith and Chris Masters are two I could either take or leave. If I had to pick one it would be Smith. He has the pedigree of a champion, a good look and is still young enough to be reinvented in TNA. He could play on his English roots and join the British Invasion, turning his back on the Canadians.

Masters is forever stereotyped as a steroid freak, but he could make an interesting team with Rob Terry as two muscle-bound monsters. They would not put on particularly great matches,but at least it would give Terry something to do. This is one signing I would not be bothered about, but I fully expect TNA to go down this route with Masters.

Kozlov? No thanks, he sucks.

She's not going to do great things in TNA as a Knockout because the Knockouts are as irrelevant in TNA as the Divas are in WWE. That's plain to see to anybody that's actually watched the Knockouts or Divas.

To quote The Miz; REALLY?

Are we watching the same show? You're entitled to your opinion. But your opinion is not based on facts. If Knockout wrestling was so irrelevant, why was their two knockout championship matches on pay per view last night. Name me the last time WWE had two Diva matches on pay per view? The women in TNA get backstage segments to further their storylines. There are often one, possibly two matches Knockout related. Whens the last time WWE showcased two Diva matches on one show? And the last time I checked, the Knockouts have actual storylines built around them.

If the KO's were so irrelevant as you claim, Impact Wrestling wouldn't be putting effort into them. And if you bothered to watch last night, or any pay per view for that matter; when it comes to the KO title matches, they run a video hype package to get us ready for the match. They did it with Mickie James/Madison Rayne. Mickie James/Angelina Love. Mickie James/Winter last night. When did K2 and The Bella's get a video hype package to get us ready for their matches? None, but there matches are treated as the bathroom break of the damn show.

And do I even have to bring up Mickie James and Tara main evented Impact inside a Steel Cage? And had a pretty damn good match too. Whens the last time a Diva's match main evented Raw or Smackdown?

Every KO on the roster is involved in a storyline. They are all used in one way shape or form. And sometimes they main event the show. Sometimes, they are the match before the main event. And often time, they are allowed on screen time to get over their characters. Yes. The KOs are irrelevant?

Whatever. :lmao:

But back to happy, happy fun times.... :)

Melina: My gut feeling tells me this is a Tara situation. I honestly feel Melina was sick and tired of jobbing to less talented women like K2. And her program with Maryse? Whatever. How would you feel if you were asked to put over green as grass talent, or women you know could not hold a candle to you?

Everyone has an ego. She handled her situation in less than flattering ways, plus, I do not believe she is the headcase the dirtsheets make her out to be, anyone who puts their 100% faith in the dirtsheets need to get their heads examined. Now, Melina has a reputation. Justified or not. I feel a change of scenery will do her well. She's talented. She has a lot to offer still. I hope Melina comes to TNA and proves all her haters wrong.

Gail Kim: Wouldn't care if she came back. She should have never left in the first place. My main gripe with her was, she was talking up and down how she wanted to stay, how much she loved everyone in the locker room, blah blah blah then decided to jump to WWE. I didn't have a problem when Christian went back. I felt he was honest about his reasoning. I thought Gail Kim wanted it both ways. If its about the money, say so. Don't give me this emotional bullshit. She choose money > potentially becoming a wrestling legend. She should have said it was about the money to begin with. Don't give me the "I want to stay but..." So if she went back... I'd shrug.

Masters, Vlad, DH Smith: No. I'd shrug if they signed them. Do they have potential? Sure. They are not game changers. I wouldn't notice they are there to be honest.

The only one I want is Melina. Period.

I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up any of them because they are familiar faces

though I don't really think TNA should pick up any of them they don't need any more WWE rejects and I think there show is fine as it is

Though if they had to pick up one I would say Melina a hot mexican chick with an attitude sounds like a plan she could take Sarita's place or challenge for the belt it would be a decent pickup for a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back