• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who needs a partner?

showstoppaa

Dark Match Jobber
Okay first off, this is my first thread, I couldn't find it anywhere, and if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

People are constantly talking about who needs to be pushed, who needs a title etc..

Lets face it, Some people aren't going to get a singles push anytime soon, But with a tag team partner, Life long mid carders can finally get a title opportunity, and get a chance to wrestle some decent matches that actually matter. We've seen WWE throw random singles competitors together and call them a tag team, (JeriShow, ShowMiz, Truth and Morrison) But who do you think needs a partner, and who would you put with them? Do you think there should be a storyline, that would result in them teaming up, or just simply have them start teaming together?

My choice would be Matt Hardy, He hasn't been doing much recently, And I don't think he is anywhere near getting another singles title. I would team him with Christian, (See Matt Hardy) We've seen the occasionaly helping each other out on Smackdown, And are both decent in the ring. They could talk about how they we're always considered The Jannetty's of their teams, So teamed together to prove their doubters wrong. I think eventually these two turning heel would also be good for them, as stating that they were always really the best of their teams, seem more like a heel to me.

So who can be saved by being given a partner? And who would you team with them?

Evan Bourne. Whatever happened to his push? He could probably team with Danielson or if Kaval gets called up from NXT the two can be a good team. Kaval has good mic skills so Bourne won't have to talk that much. With Danielson they both would just have so many great matches neither of them won't have to talk (even though Danielson's mic skills are decent.)

Also, Matt Hardy does need a partner because he is doing nothing right now. Maybe he and Christian should tag. They've both been in amaing tag teams and are both doing nothing. They could probably feud against McIntyre and Rhodes as they seem to become a tag team.

I would also agree That Matt needs a partner the most. Christian probably be the first choice or maybe MVP again since MVP aint doing squat. But Christian and Matt could easily be a team and eventually break up start a feud over the IC title or WHC title.

MVP, second choice to team with Matt. They Were tag champs before and could do it again, i loved them the first time around. But Would it be better if the were faces or heels this time? And it would be something for MVP to do.

'm loving the idea that Nomis had with Evan Bourne and Kaval. That team could become the WWE's version of the MCMG, and also help build up the re-up starting tag division that the Hart Dynasty and the Uso's are pioneering.

Matt Hardy is over the hill IMO, and I don't think even a tag partner is going to help him anytime soon. Christian should be a main eventer on SD!, so i think getting a partner would be a step in the wrong direction for him.

If anybody needs a partner I believe that Ted Dibiase Jr. Needs a partner. I read this in another thread by another person can't remember which one or by who, but Ted Dibiase Jr. just does not look good in the ring as a singles competitor. He looks awkward in the ring. Even with Maryse on his arm showing off her glam something still does not look right/feel right about it. It's no secret... Ted Dibiase Jr. is BORING! And his In-Ring Ability isn't very sharp either. Ted Dibiase Jr. needs somebody to carry him. People have said have him team with Michael McGillicutty or his own brother (can't remember his name), but whoever it is doesn't matter. Ted Dibiase Jr. Just can't do it alone.

I think Mark Henry needs a partner, I really can't see him getting a singles title so I think him in a tag team would be the best option for him. I think it would have to be a heel tag team though because he sucks as a face, he's partner could maybe be Zack Ryder. Ryder isn't doing anything at the moment and I think it's a waste because he's pretty good on the mic and in the ring, he and Henry would be a good tag team they would atleast be another tag team that could help the division.

Chris Masters really needs a partner but I can't really think of anybody, the only person I can think of is Ryder again in another heel tag team. Masters also isn't that good as a face but he's okay as a heel, Ryder and Masters would be a pretty good tag team.

I think Zack Ryder is perfect for partner for most people in a heel tag team.

I have been thinking for the longest time that Justin Gabriel and Evan Bourne should be put together. They could be the WWE version of the Motor City Machine Guns. And in my opinion, they could be better. What does everyone else think?

Ryder and Master would work VERY well as a team, in my opinion.

I REALLY think and "odd couple" pairing of Yoshi Tatsu and Kaval would be a nice touch

Few Ideas.........

First of all, after wrestlemania, I would love to see Justin Gabriel go to Smackdown and have Matt Hardy mentor him and have Matt push him to be more and more like Jeff, could be interesting and funny and It might make Matt more relevent. Have Matt try and make him dress and act like Jeff, you could run this for months and end it with a Gabriel/Hardy fued.

R Truth..needs and partner, Mark Henry needs a partner....fit more than Morrison and Truth and MVP and Henry. Could have an interesting dynamic like Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi had.

I think that Evan Bourne needs a partner but not yet.. I say this because WWE is going to disband Nexus in october and when they do let's face it only Wade Barrrett will go far and the rest will be mid carders or working at Burger King... im just sayin... But, Justin Gabriel would be a good partner, they both have good in ring, but they both suck on the mike so they dont really have to talk with the great matches there putting on.

True Christian needs a push, but come on do you really think the WWE will give HIM a push, so he would be better off teaming with Matt Hardy since there both not doing anything

I think Morrison needs a partner to stay relevant on an over crowded RAW. I don't think Truth is the answer. I think Ryder and Morrison would make a good heel team.

As someone else already said, Kaval & Bourne would make an awesome tag team. Both of them have a high flying style and good in-ring ability. The only problem I would see is that Kaval's mic skills are questionable and Bourne's mic skills are only okay. They won't be able to go far as a team if they don't have good mic skills but the in-ring ability with two high-flyers together would be great.

Unfortunatley it look's like Christian and Matt hardy will never get pushed to the main event at this point, even though I would love if Hardy would. So I think a Tag Team between the both of them is a good idea, they both are pretty much legend's of tag team Wrestling and both know how to put on good tag matches.

Another candidate I think could be Yoshi Tatsu and Evan bourne, they both aren't doing much on RAW Right now (Evan was getting a decent push but it look's like they stopped it) Put those 2 together in the ring and I guarantee you would have good, high-flying matches.

ZACK RYDER AND THE DASHING ONE CODY RHODES> PERFECT TEAM. Draft Ryder to Smackdown, team him with rhodes, and the two would really get built up. I hated how WWE crushed ryder on raw, getting beat in 1 boot on raw. I would say dibiase and mcintyre, again, have someone get drafted, Kaval and Bourne would be the best high flying team ever. The Miz and Riley, whoever wins nxt. i want both kaval and riley to win. Kaval and :pRiley would be good. Or, to really boost the tag division have kaval and daniel bryan feud with riley and miz!!!!that would be tag feud of the year. If all my suggestions were used, the tag division would be better than ever. Also, break nexus into tags. Otunga and sheffield. gabriel and slater. eliminate tarver. and have barret the singes man. Push SES into a awesome feud with the hart dynasty now, giving SES the titles.

Ted Jr. has the look and good mic skills. Just isn't getting the attention and marketing he needs. But if he had a henchmen such as Mark Henry, then Ted will move further up the chain. Someone to cheat for him, and take care of his "light work" would help his career a lot.

John Morrison always needs a partner. He can't do promos on his own, and his character his just awful. I'm thinking Chris Jericho is the right man to get him over. The two will be perfect especially with Chris telling him. "Do you understand what I'm saying?" This would help Morrison so much. I know the Miz did him some good, but Jericho can make Rhyno exciting. Why not have Jericho make Morrison a player in the WWE.

Last but not least. Zach Ryder is amazing. He doesn't get that much air time, but he is good on the mic, has the ring ability. Why not get him a partner that needs the same push. Cody Rhodes is that person. Two guys full of themselves, but with those tag team titles, and those good promos... They would be just amazing to watch.

Edit: The guy above me also had the same great idea. Now I feel silly. Cudos to you sir

I don't think Christian needs a partner. I think he just needs a push from Vince. Anything they do with him could be gold, because he has the tools that make him great. Heel, Face, Tweener, whatever. He could oppose the Main Event Faces as well as The Main Event Heels. I think Raw is lacking Top Faces, besides Orton and Cena. Adding Christian to the Raw mix could be a huge change for him, maybe the change he needs to get over that final hump.

To me, Matt Hardy is done. Sure he is decent in the ring and has had a decent career. But, he hasn't got over that final hump either and he isn't getting any better as he gets older. Matt is beginning to really look stiff in the ring. It's the same moves over and over. He has never been really good on the mic. Overall he has had some good promos. But, nothing to write home about.

I think giving him a partner might bode well for the other guy. Not that it will be a step back for him, because as said in the OP, he really isn't doing anything anyway. I would prefer to see him turn Heel, and take a younger guy under his wing, as a team. That way, this younger talent or new guy, will get a decent rub.

Evan Bourne is a decent choice as well. He is beginning to toil in the oblivion on Raw.

But MY choice would be Ted Dibiase. HE just wasn't ready yet to be turned loose from Legacy. He is in a place right this second where he is going nowhere. We know what Orton is doing. Rhodes is beginning to pick up steam with his new gimmick. It seemed the whole reason to split Legacy was for a Face turn from Dibiase.

I think it was kind of assumed that Orton would move on and succeed. Dibiase would grow from Legacy and move into the Main Event scene. If anyone, it would be Rhodes that gets stuck in a rut and doesn't reach his potential.

But after time moves along, Dibiase is at a stand still in his career and could probably benefit from a buzz of forming some sort of team or alliance, with someone random.

I don't think Christian needs a partner. I think he just needs a push from Vince. Anything they do with him could be gold, because he has the tools that make him great. Heel, Face, Tweener, whatever. He could oppose the Main Event Faces as well as The Main Event Heels. I think Raw is lacking Top Faces, besides Orton and Cena. Adding Christian to the Raw mix could be a huge change for him, maybe the change he needs to get over that final hump.

To me, Matt Hardy is done. Sure he is decent in the ring and has had a decent career. But, he hasn't got over that final hump either and he isn't getting any better as he gets older. Matt is beginning to really look stiff in the ring. It's the same moves over and over. He has never been really good on the mic. Overall he has had some good promos. But, nothing to write home about.

I think giving him a partner might bode well for the other guy. Not that it will be a step back for him, because as said in the OP, he really isn't doing anything anyway. I would prefer to see him turn Heel, and take a younger guy under his wing, as a team. That way, this younger talent or new guy, will get a decent rub.

I don't think it matter's if you Want Christian to be pushed or not, Vince just isn't gonna do it. It was obvious when he came back to the WWE and they immediately put him on ECW instead of putting him on the main-brands. Whether you like it or not, Christian is in the exact same boat as Matt hardy. Except hardy actually has a little more opportunity. Even though Christian is arguably more solid in the ring than Matt is, Matt never left the company, so that alone gives him more of a chance to get pushed, even though it's still a very slim Chance. Plus I think people are forgetting that Christian is actually 2 years older than Matt.

I think a tag team between the 2 would work great because these guy's are always gonna be remembered for they're tag team success in the WWE.

Just my opinion of course.

I don't think it matter's if you Want Christian to be pushed or not, Vince just isn't gonna do it. It was obvious when he came back to the WWE and they immediately put him on ECW instead of putting him on the main-brands. Whether you like it or not, Christian is in the exact same boat as Matt hardy. Except hardy actually has a little more opportunity. Even though Christian is arguably more solid in the ring than Matt is, Matt never left the company, so that alone gives him more of a chance to get pushed, even though it's still a very slim Chance. Plus I think people are forgetting that Christian is actually 2 years older than Matt.

I think a tag team between the 2 would work great because these guy's are always gonna be remembered for they're tag team success in the WWE.

Just my opinion of course.

It's obvious Vince isn't going to do it. I have commented about this numerous times! Christian, IMO is MUCH better than Hardy. Sure, they are in a similar boat as far as booking goes.

But if they were given a similar push as one another, I believe Christian could and would do much more with it. Their age in general is irrelevant. I know Christian is older. But I think he has aged better than Hardy. As I said in my original post, Hardy is looking stiff.

I am not a Matt Hardy hater by any means. I think he should have already received a massive push. But IMO, his skills are beginning to decline and it might be too late for him to receive that HUGE Main Event push!

As far as Promos to elevate a feud go... Christian is much more equipped to bring an X-Factor into a feud. I think Matt Hardy's best days are behind him.

It's obvious Vince isn't going to do it. I have commented about this numerous times! Christian, IMO is MUCH better than Hardy. Sure, they are in a similar boat as far as booking goes.

But if they were given a similar push as one another, I believe Christian could and would do much more with it. Their age in general is irrelevant. I know Christian is older. But I think he has aged better than Hardy. As I said in my original post, Hardy is looking stiff.

I am not a Matt Hardy hater by any means. I think he should have already received a massive push. But IMO, his skills are beginning to decline and it might be too late for him to receive that HUGE Main Event push!

As far as Promos to elevate a feud go... Christian is much more equipped to bring an X-Factor into a feud. I think Matt Hardy's best days are behind him.

Well that's all fine and dandy, and I agree with you for the most part. I just believe that even though Christian (and Matt IMO) Deserve more, it's just highly unlikely they are gonna get more from the boss, unless they start kissing some serious Triple H ass, lol.

MVP, he is going no where as a singler star and he does have potential (see his heel run) I would team him up with JTG who is in the same situation as MVP only JTG dosent work as a singles star he needs to be in a tag team to be succesful.

I would also say that Mark Henry needs a partner, I would team him up with Evan Bourne which I think would make a very interesting big man/little man team.

First of all, Matt Hardy and Christian = A huge no, no. Let them be singles stars. If not, then you might as well call them the Jennettys. I think their doing fine putting younger talent over. They should have earned their push when Christian just had his hair cut, and when Matt broke up with Jeff.

I think Evan Bourne and Justin Gabriel would make a great partnership. But, 1. It's not gonna happen and 2. Actually, nobody needs a partner right now. Everyone is doing fine where they are. WWE is in place at the moment. They just need to fix their tag division and Diva's division.

I've always thought the best tag team would consist of a heavyweight level partner, and a cruiserwight level. Why? Because they'd be less likely to fued, That being said, because they are my two favorite Raw wrestlers, I would love to see John Cena and Evan Bourne team up.

I's also like to see John Cena and Randy Orton, maybe they could start another degeneration/nwo team for the new era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back