Who is WWE's real "Captain Charisma"?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
First off, I am not taking anything away from Christian. I love the guy. He's my favorite ECW Superstar and my 3rd favorite WWE Superstar overall. With that said... I also wanted to say that Christian has been calling himself "Captain Charisma" for several years now. I think he has a lot of charisma and the name suits him fairly well.

However, I know there are many people who do not agree with this. Whether they don't like Christian. They might not like him. Some may think the nickname is stupid... whatever.

Looking at the current crop of WWE Superstars, who do you think is the real "Captain Charisma? Who in the WWE do you think has the most charisma? Who's most deserving of the title, "Captain of Charisma"? Please be sure to explain why. Thanks!

old HBK gets my vote anytime on that subject. He can be the greatest face and then turn it around and be the worst heel(as in the best for a heel)

If we're talking current stars thats kind of hard, Edge, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Miz and Morrison and of course Christian seem to be the only wrestlers that I can give a damn about when they talk, they don't just say the words you can connect to what that saying (whether that makes you like them or hate them is a different matter)

If we're talking anyone then it has to be The People's Champ, The Great One, The Rock, he is what all other promos are measured against, heck I used to watch The Rock when I was little, I can hardly remember any of the matches but I sure can remember the promos, the guy just oozes chrasima his promo on smackdown showed he's lost none of it

I think it is very difficult to be an old school face in this day and age. For example, John Cena was awesome on the mic as a heel - change him to a face, get the Raw creative team to ruin his character and look at the results. Obviously, this is largely down to creative - but just wanted to explain why my answers to this thread are all heels.

CM Punk - Crap as a face, turns heel and is absolute gold - has the crowd in the palm of his hand - great personna.

Chris Jericho - Can pull off so many styles - tweener heel, the current softly spoken psycological heel... however remember when he returned? After the first few weeks, his face character had run its course.

Miz - Majorly improved recently - really showing that his stint with Morrison on WWE.com has primed him on the mic for a big push.

Really worried for the future of Edge once he returns as a face. One thing that seems beyond doubt is that WWE seems unable to create new face personna's - I would go as far as to say there are no good faces in WWE TV at the moment from a "charisma" perspective. Do you think this is down to the performers, or the creative team. For example, look at the 2 biggest names in the last 10 years - Stonecold got over on his own, plus he never really "went face" - in many ways he was able to cross over with the heel personna - The Rock - A massive example of a performer getting over on their own... there will never be another!!!

Out of the current line up, there's one that can actually pull it off; in my opinion...John Morrison. I say this because his mike skills have been improving more and more, and he's got the fan base, and the ego to pull it off. Pretty soon, I see him as a major player in the WWE.

I truly believe that John Cena is the true Cpt Charisma. The WWE calling Christian that is just another play on the consonant that is a C. Obvisouly stolen from Classic Christian Cage. The crowd gets electrified everytime the five knuckle shuffle is about to happen. When Christian goes for the Killswitch they get excited because the match is about to end. Cena is far and above anything Christian is and the crowd reaction proves it. Whether its negative or positive people are more interested.

I truly believe that John Cena is the true Cpt Charisma. The WWE calling Christian that is just another play on the consonant that is a C. Obvisouly stolen from Classic Christian Cage. The crowd gets electrified everytime the five knuckle shuffle is about to happen. When Christian goes for the Killswitch they get excited because the match is about to end. Cena is far and above anything Christian is and the crowd reaction proves it. Whether its negative or positive people are more interested.

Sounds like someone let Michael Cole into this thread - "No-One ellicits the range of emotions" blah, blah, blah. I agree, Cena would get my vote if he was still doing the rapper gimmick rather than "shouty Superman". Seriously - I really want to stop dissing Cena's gimmick at the moment - as it doesn't feel right picking on 12 year olds - however when something as crazy as this pops up - I gotta comment!!!

Sounds like someone let Michael Cole into this thread - "No-One ellicits the range of emotions" blah, blah, blah. I agree, Cena would get my vote if he was still doing the rapper gimmick rather than "shouty Superman". Seriously - I really want to stop dissing Cena's gimmick at the moment - as it doesn't feel right picking on 12 year olds - however when something as crazy as this pops up - I gotta comment!!!

Gotta agree with this, Cena does the same thing every time he talks, he's serious then he's funny then back to serious, chrasima is all about variance and connection, and Cena only seems to connect to the kids unfortunatly

There can be only one. And that is christian. There is no other one who can pull it off. Cena, would make him dumber than he already is. Morrison, would just add another ******ed nick name to his list.

If it's not Christian than it's the man they decided to redo his feud with Cena with... THE MIZ... and for reference if you are not aware of the "feud" with Christian and Cena... youtube is your friend...

The Miz oozes charisma and is one of the best promo guys in WWE right now. Second he opens his mouth the crowd is there.

And to the note about Morrison... John has zero charisma. He can't talk. Love him, always been a fan but he can't talk enough to get over in the world of IWA-TX more or less have enough charisma to be "Cpt. Charisma" in WWE

i have to say that the true captain charisma is Eddie Guerrero i mean come on that dude could have the crowed loving him or hating him. He could win a match by cheating or clean vicotry

Kofi Kingston has to get some credit here. He barely speaks, yet is extremely over based solely upon his ability. He has a genuine connection with the fans. If he ever gets some decent mic skills he could be a big-time player for a long, long time.

I really think this comes down to John Cena Vs. The Miz Vs. CM Punk right now. The three best promo cutters in the biz right now so far as I am concerned.

I personally go for Cena, Just because he gets more mic time and therefore had more time to convince me.

So you're leaving out the short time right before he left WWE for TNA when he originally brought out the Captain Charisma thing? just checkin.

My thought pretty much lie with what's been said already. Miz, Morrison, Jericho are my top three right now. CM Punk has been gold lately as well.

Cena talking seems too forceful for my taste. I'm gonna be serious and say that Cena, when he gets all "hyped up" and then out of no where makes a joke about something in a different tone, it throws me for a loop because I don't know how to take him as a character. Sure he's "Superman", but "Superman" wasn't bi-polar. Cena tries to be serious, then out of the blue he's a comedian all of a sudden? yeah. ok.

Guys like C.M. Punk, Jericho and the Miz (still needs a little more work), grab the attention by being one thing. A Heel. Not by being a heel and a comedian, but by being a heel who people WANT to hate.

Put Christian on Smackdown at the right time and I feel people will see the "real" Captain Charisma come out. Christian is the man, but needs a BIGGER, BETTER stage to perform on, without getting clusted by crappy, oversized workers that get dumb title runs.

But for right now...leave it for Christian.

No one is Cpt. Charisma but Christian yes they tried to take as much from his cage gimmick as they could when he came back to the E but its him period..You can't really say "oh old school so and so is the real CC" because it just doesn't work that way its in the past with the Attitude Era.

Cena will never go heel and never go back to the rapper gimmick he had in the past (even tho thats the only time 90% of the ppl really liked him) HBK will never be the same etc..

I will agree that The Miz truly is Awesome right now tho.. hes one of the main reasons i even tune into RAW just to see his promos and his matches.. his match on raw this week with Kofi when he wont the title stole the show imo and prob one of the better matches on RAW in the past at least month.. keep him going in direction he is.. and i could call him CC all his own.

Christian as a face for sure. He can get anyone pumped up for a match. As far as heels go, I'd give credit to CM Punk. He turned heel and just got wave after wave of boos. I mean it's still hard to believe just how fast the fans started really hating him.

@ PG Era fan, who said Cena has more charisma than Christian: Are you kidding? Cena's a joke at best. I am from Boston and whenever the WWE comes here, Cena still gets heat despite being the top babyface AND the hometown guy. Why is that? Because he has zero charisma. Maybe it is the amateurish gimmick that really disallows him to connect with a universal audience but when you think about it carefully, WWE has given him a break in music AND movies, which should be enough for him to show somewhat of a charisma. But no - his music is painful, his performances in movies are pretty much the equivalent of sleeping pills, and his mic & ring work in WWE is monotonous to the MAX!

Christian, on the other hand, is a truly charismatic guy held back by Vince McMahon's ego. Back towards the end of Christian's first WWE run, I remember how this guy actually worked all on his own to "get on the map" and click with the fans despite the "Creepy Little B" character. THAT is CHARISMA. Watch a youtube video on their short-lived feud back in 2005-06 and you'll see that with no push at all, Christian still owned Cena on all levels. Vince cut the feud short because he's always had low stock in Christian. I hope this feud happens again because not only will this bring in a fresh idea for an inter-brand feud, but it will also give Christian a chance to finish what started a while ago.

To answer the question, btw, Christian is surely WWE's real Captain Charisma. There are other guys (Punk,Y2J,Miz) who have great charisma, but why fix what ain't broke with Christian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back