*MERGED* Christian: What's next for Captain Charisma?

Baller

WZCW Veteran
Heading into Wrestlemania, Christian was the favorite to win Money In The Bank, and we were all hoping that the WWE would finally give the ball to Christian and let him run with it.

Now that Jack Swagger has won Money In The Bank, instead of Christian, I really don't know what is next for Captain Charisma. He really hasn't been used much on Raw, as he isn't in the main event picture and it will be hard for him to get consistent air time.

Personally, I am really hoping WWE gives Christian to feud with The Miz for the United States title, as that would have some great promos for that feud. Plus you can throw in the NXT rookies in there for starting the feud, by having Christian defend Bryan, and then they face on Raw, which builds up for a good feud.

What do you think is next for Christian?

Im starting to think, for some reason, that christian is okay with not being a main eventer on the big two.

I dont know why I think this. But he seems okay with his status. Working with the younger cats in ECW seemed to rejuvinate him more than his time in TNA since they treated him like he was the golden boy the second he got there.

Hes a Vet, and he seems cool with just mentoring the younger guys. A few with the Miz would be just what Miz needs, And if he went over christian, All the better. Christian would NOT lose face for that. The miz is gaining steam and is getting better and better by the day. And I feel they both would benefit by this. Christian by having great matches with Miz, and Miz by going over on Christian, A former heavyweight champion

More of the same, mid carder last year, same again this year. Only this time he won't feature as much on PPV. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another Swagger/Christian feud. They worked well together last year when Swagger was green as grass, he's hasn't actually impved much since because he's not been given the opperrtunity, but he needs to face a popular babyface for when he finally cashes in his briefcase.

I'd expect Christian to do a a whole lot of nothing this year.

I believed Edge would win the World Title, since he was a comeback from injury story. But the E is trying its best to be unpredictable right now.

Perhaps Edge did not win because he is not yet 100%

Im also surprised with Swagger winning the MITB. Talk about a wildcard.

Best case scenario would be to unite Edge and Christian, at least for a few months. This way Edge can compete and at the same time tag and take a break in the corner, plus many people want to see E & C together for a while, a feud with Shomiz would be good.

I like the fact that Christian didn't win. I like Christian and all, but him winning would have been too predictable. Everytime they would show the people being in the MITB match he stood out.

What's next for CC? Maybe a reunion with Edge once his rivalry cools down? That would be fun, but the WWE would have to be careful and not make them corny. This might have to wait until summer for it to be done right. In the mean time they could have "run ins" and such on the different programs.

Until then, I think Christian will jsut do his runs with the mid carders and everynow and then have a match with the big timers.

I believe Christian will get his shot in due time. I foresee him either being drafted, or for a big star to be drafted to free up space on RAW for Christian. He's one of the most over faces in the company, has GREAT promo and match skills, and has ready-made storylines for both Edge and Jericho, and even Jack Swagger.

Vince can't ignore his overness forever, and I believe that this year could be Christian's year.

Honestly I expect Christian to either feud with Swagger over the briefcase or feud with Miz/McIntyre for the midcard title. This keeps Christian relevant and keeps him fresh in our eyes. This allows him to eventually win one of the titles and maybe propel him into the main event scene.

I would love to see Christian and The Miz have a program over the U.S. Title. Both of them having NXT rookies would also add to the mix. I think it's a great idea, but only if the Miz could work triple duty, because I think the priority for the Miz should be ShowMiz.

I would not rule out Christian making it to Smackdown, as much as I don't want to see it. There are a couple of guys on that show he could have a good program with. Obviously, Chris Jericho comes to mind. CM Punk is another guy he could have a great program with.

I wouldn't see Christian not winning MITB a bad thing. Swagger arguably needed that win more than any guy in the match, as most of us were wondering what the hell happened to him and what kind of future, if any, he was going to have.

I think that Christian has been handled very well since the demise of ECW, as crazy as it sounds. Raw was the best place for him purely because if he went over to Smackdown on the run up to Wrestlemania, he would have hampered the feuds of guys like Rey/Punk and Miz/Morrison. It was better for him to squash Raw's midcard like Carlito than do any damage to the pushes of guys like McIntyre, who Vince sees has having potential.

As for post-mania, I do see him finally being drafted to SD!, but as Y2Jake said, not really doing much in the main event. Feuds with Punk, Sheamus and possibly Swagger will help establish his upper-midcard status, but I don't see him pushing on in 2010. Maybe the occasional title shot in a four way ala Bragging Rights where they just threw everyone together but I don't see him having a long title reign or any form of title reign.

I thought the swerve with Swagger winning was brilliant because every man and his dog backed Christian and to a lesser extent, Kofi, so to see someone else win was Interesting to me and suggests that Christian may spend another year helping build stars for the future such as Sheamus, Kingston and Swagger.

Honestly, I think I might be the only person here who just doesn't care about Christian. I didn't go into that money in the bank match expecting him to win it. And therefore, I'm maybe one of five people who wasn't disappointed. On what grounds are you all expecting great things for christian? He left the WWE for another company and came back with his tail between his legs. So of course he's gonna get the turn coat treatment. OOOO he was ECW champion for over half a year! SO WHAT? I really don't care what anyone else says, but that title doesn't mean shit. Even the Hardcore championship had more prestige than the WWECW title did. It was the only men's title I think the entire history of the company that wasn't made of gold. Symbolism? I think so. Since coming to raw he's had maybe one match on live tv. The rest of the time he was on superstars. He's had like a 2 second promo backstage with Pete Rose, and you guys are actually surprised that he didn't win Money in the Bank? VINCE DOES NOT LIKE HIM. So will someone please explain to me how he was supposed to win that match based only on the fact that we all think he "deserved it"? Deserving something in this company doesn't mean SHIT. Sheamus in his first year with the company accomplished what Christian has been unable to do in damn near 8 years. So if you guys really think for one second that Vince was going to listen to who the fans thinks "deserves" to be a main guy, you're fucking kidding yourself.

your not the only guy here who can't see what the big deal is about christian
while watching ecw before it folding I never saw what the big deal is about him. His gesters of looking out to the crowd and the name captian charisma just seemed way too cheesy for me to like as well as him calling people his peeps.
I just can't see what all the fauning and love is on these boards is for him. Everyone makes him seem like his is the 2nd coming and this golden child. Either I am missing something or you are looking through some very jaded tinted glasses which is messing with your mind
He has a few good feuds but compared to the main eventers and even the upper undercard, they are miles above him in everything.

Well, first when's the WWE Draft??? What i want to see is Christain moved to Smackdown and if Edge is the champ, have him feud with Edge, if not, have him feud with Jericho, something like that, get him off Raw, on Raw he's going to be a mid carder for life with Cena and triple h there.

I still want Edge V.S Christian V.S Jericho.I feel it would be a amazing match.If Christian was to win the MITB case from jack the match could happen easily.First he needs to go to smackdown were he has a chance of winning a world title.then he could easily be world champion if he wanted to.but i feel like some other posters.I think he is fine were he is and has little desire to be world champion.

The thing with Christian is, he either does alot of something or alot of nothing at all. Either this is in his power or writers just set it up for him that way.

Theres a month where theres a few things happening to him, and then all of a sudden he withers into darkness.

Sure, putting him with midcards helps the guys coming up, but it does not help Christian, because he'll just be continued to be seen as a midcard. He's not at the Triple H level where midcards can be put over but him himself not be SEEN as a midcard.

People appreciate Christian because they know he started in the late 90's, he's from the generation before this one.

Christian needs to get his break with a World Title and we'll see how that goes.

Well on the main site Edge said something about doing a "Tag Retirement tour" with him and Christian. "One last run not like kiss and having 9 come backs" So i could see Christian getting drafted to Smackdown and paring up with Edge for one last run.

I don't know what will happen with Christian, but IMO, he didn't need to win MITB to get a main event push. He could easily make the step up, just like Kofi, Drew and Ted DiBiase all could do this year, especially if they get a trade to SD. If he stays on Raw (which I doubt) then I think he will probably get a run with the US Title.

On what grounds are you all expecting great things for christian? He left the WWE for another company and came back with his tail between his legs. So of course he's gonna get the turn coat treatment.

Well Jeff Hardy did the same, and went on to be a 3 time World Champion, so why Christian couldn't do the same?
I personnaly would like either to feud with the Miz for the US belt, or to be drafted to smakdown to reform E&C to win the tag belts, as i don't think Edge need a world championship.

With a few of the top stars supposedly taking breaks and with HBKs retirement it would be a perfect time to push christian to main event status. Seriously whos gonna buy a PPV that has jack swagger headlining it? Even without the mitb win im hoping christian gets a huge push whether it be raw or SD. I dont see them doin this however and the best i think hell end up with is a feud with either the miz or drew mcintyre for the midcard belts. Hopefully they wont do too many nxt crossovers as i really have no interest in the nxt stars being on raw or SD. Maybe its time to turn christian heel cos even tho i love him as both, i dont think the vince is gona do anything worthwile with him as a face and maybe seein him cut heel promos and how good he is at them will ignite some spark in the creative team to push him up to main event.

I honestly say that Christian not winning the MITB was a great upset. Along with that, Kofi and possibly Drew McIntyre (although i hate him) were gonna win. But now that Christian hasn't won it, I believe that he might challenge Swagger for the bag tonite or a little later in the weeks. Bcuz remember we had Mr.Kennedy win it at WM23 and he was a heel, just like Swagger. So pray that Christian gets the opportunity to challenge the bag cuz he has great potential and do alot of shit in the future.

First off, to the guy questioning Christian's stature in WWE... Christian was well over before he left for TNA. He has great fueds, great following and great gimmick. Unfortunately he didn't pick up RIGHT where he left off, but he still has the draw that WILL see him get a title.

Christian isn't any special, but he is good. Damn good. Eveyone on here who marks out for him has good reason - we've seen him from day one develop and have rarely been disapointed in anything he does.

Also, I would like to see one person show me valid eveidance that Vince sees no potential in Christian. Seriously. Every day someone posts on how Vince HATES Christian and that he has no draw, no star potential. Now IF that was the case in the past, show me something that says its stil lthe case.

Most people dont realize Christian left to help establish his name in TNA but more so be closer to home to his family. This is Christian's payday contract and from several sources I have read, he has a major title written in.

Regardless, Christian will be a champion before he is done. Its too obvious to ignore that he is very over despite being on a show that saw little viewership. THat speaks volume. If Christiaa gets in the mix after Mania, his stock is going to soar. He has every piece of the puzzle that is wrestling entertainment.

Bet me and lose.

I honestly say that Christian not winning the MITB was a great upset. Along with that, Kofi and possibly Drew McIntyre (although i hate him) were gonna win. But now that Christian hasn't won it, I believe that he might challenge Swagger for the bag tonite or a little later in the weeks. Bcuz remember we had Mr.Kennedy win it at WM23 and he was a heel, just like Swagger. So pray that Christian gets the opportunity to challenge the bag cuz he has great potential and do alot of shit in the future.

That doesn't make any sence, why would have christian challenge swagger for the case. If they wanted christian to win the case, then he would have at wrestlemania, theirs no point in swagger winning it if he was just going to drop it to christian. They have a plan for swagger and it doesn't involve christian

people seem to be forgetting one small thing. THEIRS A MONEY IN THE BANK PPV COMING UP SOON. they probably picked a lower card talent like swagger to win because they wanted the money in the bank PPV to be the real spotlight. Swagger will most likely cash in, lose very easily and embarass himself

For me, Christian needs something more important than the MITB, he needs to prove he can Main Event Raw, what's the best remedy for that? Feud with a Main Event Star. Now I remember reading that supposedly, he was going to face Orton at some upcoming house shows, if this is true, perfect, this is what Christian needs more than anything. It's one thing to carry a show full of rookies, it's another to be amongst the top guys on Raw.

Where I was supporting Christian to win, the MITB is really the thing he needs, he needs to prove himself to the fans that he can be a top WWE guy, not the top ECW guy. So if they can book him with top guy in a good feud, then this will hopefully be what he needs to get his "IT" factor, much like Kofi had when feuding with Orton.

I must say I was quite disappointed with quite a few results of last night. But that's another subject. This is about MITB. I was watching it at Side Pockets in Lees Summit, and the group next to me said they think this is the year of the youngsters. Sadly, this is probably proving it. Granted I think everyone in MITB has talent, but I think the way its working is reminiscent of the sub plots of the McMahon-Hart thing that Cena said "You throw away your best people once they hit a certain age. You don't think they're marketable anymore" I'm sorry, but did anyone see anyone really pop for McIntyre, Bourne, Kofi, the way they do for Captain Charisma, Kane, Hardy, or Benjamin? I know its a Christian thread, but its a point of these guys worked their butts off for lord knows how many years...then to have someone come in still in a diaper and snatch it from them.

Christian would have made the most sense in MITB match,but that was about the only curveball all night. I thought WM26 lacked the creative of even your average Smackdown show. Batista vs Cena was about as bad as wrestling gets and yet watching them botch moves and almost kill each other doing it was mildly hilarious and entertaining. I said "What the fuck was that?" about 12times in this match. Didnt Swagger say he would cash in the briefcase if he won it at WM? I was hoping he would come out and beat Cena after this horrible display of wrestling. Edge vs Jericho had the only after match spot of the night, that was pretty cool spear and I am glad Jericho won. The Main event was well planned because if they would have went with the WWE title headlining, people would have left the building to beat traffic. That match was outstanding (Taker/Michaels) and I havent seen a tombstone on the outside since WM8 on Jake the Snake. I liked how HBK nailed him in the face prior to the last jumping tombstone and when of the most vicious piledrivers I have seen in years. The main event saved the show despite the Bret Hart and Vince match which was pretty bad, highlighted by WAAAYYY too many chairshots on the chairman. Not to mention Tyson Kidd landing a few stiff ones on the boss and the Hart Attack off the top rope that probably hurt do to Vince's awkward landing on the outside. I wouldnt expect Tyson Kidd to be getting a raise any time soon.

Christian just works and works well unless its against Regal. Christian was on a huge roll until him and Shelton had 2 or three embarassing matches in ECW. Those two should have brought the house down, but didnt. Nontheless Christian is as good a worker as Jericho and just doesnt get as much respect. I think maybe Vince holds a slight grudge for him jumping ship to TNA. Christian deserves to be IC champ at the very least or give him the US title, its not like Miz deserves any of the 3 he has anyway. Hell they could even do Edge and Christian vs The Straight Edge Society for a year and a half if they wanted too. It would be better than wasting his talents. They should let Matt Hardy go and push Christian on either show. Matt Hardy and Chavo are the biggest waste of genes (jeans) since JNCO's.

I don't think Christian NEEDED to win MITB, but it would have helped. He is easily the most over out of all of the guys in MITB last night, so I don't see him losing as being a big deal. But what to do with him now.

I would like to see him become one of the top faces on Raw. John Cena and HHH are the biggest faces on Raw, so I don't see why he couldn't be #3 (Ortons a tweener, so I'm not counting him into the equation). But with HHH taking time off (supposedly), he can fill that #2 spot for a while. I too would like to see a Miz/Christian feud. Both great mic workers, with Christian being able to silence cocky heels as well as any face in the business.

But I'm not sure they will do this with him. As stated earlier by another poster, I haven't seen anything where Vince says Christian can't draw, entertain, etc. But it doesn't seem like he's really high on the guy either. The WWE might be happy to keep him in the mid card. I don't want that to happen, but it's certainly possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back