• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the Most Over-Criticized WWE Superstar of All-Time

I can agree and say all 3 men mentioned in the beginning are over-criticized, but the one who is most criticized is...
Opening a can of worms here...
Chris Benoit.
As a result of his actions leading to his, Nancy's, and Daniel's deaths, people, when mentioning his in-ring talent, say, "Oh, I HATE Benoit."
Sure, his actions were bad, but should that kill what he accomplished?
There are two different people here... Chris Wrestler Benoit and Chris Human Benoit.
People connect the two too closely, saying that he is horrible and such.
Listen, I am not defending what he did.
I AGREE THAT BENOIT WAS A SICK HUMAN BEING FOR HIS ACTIONS.
But that doesn't kill my respect for who was IMO the greatest technical wrestler in history.
Just my thoughts, no criticism, please.
No pun intended above.

Over-criticized. Meaning criticized more than what should be.

That would be John Cena, hands down. It's like people hate good people these days because they show that not everybody has to be a deceitful, underhanded, lazy, no account, negative p.o.s. like most people in society have become.

It's about jealousy, envy, and anger over the fact that people who actually enjoy life are looked down upon because people want to induce unnecessary misery on others.

Well, those are the underlying issues, anyway.

My other pick however, is one that hasn't even been mentioned yet. What about the Shockmaster???

Hear me out, now. Here's a guy, poised to be pushed as a mysterious, threatening force. He's got the size. He's given the mask. He's going to have the cool voice coming from, seemingly, thin air. All the tools were in place to make this event memorable!

Then what happens? Why, the people who set everything in place don't even double check the wall! There's a board going horizontally across the bottom which Shockmaster cannot see due to the helmet. He's re-assured all he has to do is bust through the thin, particle board wall and to superstardom, but because of that board he is made a laughing stock for decades to come!

He soon disappeared from the wrestling world. People ridicule his name and laugh when they share the story of him tripping and his helmet falling off. He's criticized for such a laughable occurrence.

But is it his fault? Was it his job to double check the set up? Was he a crew member or a part of the performing talent?

His job was to entertain. It was the job of the backstage crew to ensure the safety of the talent as well as the success of the skit. THEY failed the Shockmaster. Yet the artist formerly known as Tugboat gets all the flack.

I say thee, NAY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back