• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the Counter to John Cena?

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
We have seen it throughout the years with wrestling. At any one given time there are usually two people within a company that build off of one another. Without one, the other would not have the success that they had.

In the 70's it was Graham and Backlund, Rhodes and Race.
In the 80's it was Flair and Steamboat, Piper and Hogan.
In the 90's it was HBK and Bret Hart, Stone Cold and The Rock.
in the whatever decade we call ourselves, we had Kurt Angle and HHH.

Now in my opinion, none of these people would have been successful if they didn't have their counterpart. Could you imagine Hulkamania trying to be a success without the Roddy Piper's of the world making you hate him so much, it wouldn't have worked. This is were i feel the brand extension is killing the WWE. Instead of having the top two guys feud for years over the belt, they simply put them on separate shows and get them each over.

I truly feel that John Cena will never be an upper echilon wrestler in the eyes of die hards, until he has this antithesis. Am I wrong on this or not

I guess the closest person would be Edge, which i feel should have teh strap around his waste more than anyone.

EDGE, He and john cena had a great year last year and was the perfect heel for john cena to face.

i agree with the principle that the brand thing is hurting John Cena in the eyes of people. I for one am not one and believe when you look back much like with those names you said, John Cena will be in that group. I dont know how they could get enough people on tv in a 2 hour time slot though unless you merge raw and smackdown and send some of those guys to ECW to help there roster out

I would have to say Edge. They had a long rivalry, and Edge has been the one to cost Cena the title (he won it from him, and he caused him to lose to RVD). This feud with DX is distracting the feud that should be going between Edge and Cena. The only other person I can say them making it into (which they haven't yet) is Orton. He's the only other counter balance I can see to Cena in the future. So it'll either be Edge or Orton in the long run.

The one person it could be is Randy Orton. Of course that's if WWE would push him harded as a arrogant heel(forget the whole legend killer gimmick), make his character one who feels everything is owed him since he is a third generation superstar...this would play well to John Cena's I earned everything I got character. IMO Orton/Cena could be the next Austin/Rock if it is booked right(and these days that is quite the task for wwe). I say this b/c they both arrived in wwe in 2002(I believe) and have developed a lot since them in terms of character development.

So my hope is Orton wins the Rumble and in the 9 weeks from then to Mania they push this matchup like Austin/Rock. Have them hardly touch each other until the big event.

If Cena goes to SD Kennedy could do great with Cena

The one person it could be is Randy Orton. Of course that's if WWE would push him harded as a arrogant heel(forget the whole legend killer gimmick), make his character one who feels everything is owed him since he is a third generation superstar...this would play well to John Cena's I earned everything I got character. IMO Orton/Cena could be the next Austin/Rock if it is booked right(and these days that is quite the task for wwe). I say this b/c they both arrived in wwe in 2002(I believe) and have developed a lot since them in terms of character development.

So my hope is Orton wins the Rumble and in the 9 weeks from then to Mania they push this matchup like Austin/Rock. Have them hardly touch each other until the big event.

I agree but i would like to c orton and cena beat the living hell out of each other leading up to mania and always costing each other match's :headbanger:

you are 100% right bro. its startin to almost get worse than when brock lesnar was main eventing. cena needs to feud with someone with charisma. i wish one of them wasnt cena to begin with but i mean this is wut were stuck with. cena has no direct affiliation with anyone and if they want to go anywhere further with the wwe they need him to feud with someone. once jericho comes back i can actually see jericho and cena as a great feud if they use jericho the right way. it'll be like a good guy feud. im not saying it should go on a long time.. but if they do that options are endless. A quick solution is Orton/Cena. Edge and Orton would have to switch roles though and make Orton the more deranged one.

As of right now, I'd say Orton.. These 2 are the "Future" of the wwe.. Said isn't.. Anyway, he's the most obvious choice.. I doubt these two can put on half as good of a match up as the past wrestlers have, but i guess its a draw in entertainment value.

ya i'd have to say orton i mean edge and cenas fued was great but it went so long that i think it would be dumb for them to feud again.

Randy Orton.

It will be once they kick off....the WWE have been holding this back for years now waiting for the right time, with HHH out of the picture now is the right time!

I dont think it's yet determined. Yeah, Edge and Cena had great battles but they didnt last as long as TheRock/SCSA and all that. Cena's career really started when he first won the title from JBL, so JBL is one of the person alongside with Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back