Who are your favorite WWE lifelong heels?

Caustic

Dark Match Winner
I haven't seen a thread on this, so I thought I'd ask. Its my first started thread too!

My question is: Who are your favorite WWE lifelong heels?

Criteria:
1) The wrestler never had a face turn. Managers -- as long as they were always a heel -- qualify too.
2) Has to be a WWE/WWF wrestler. Doesn't matter if they jumped ship.
3) Tell us why you love to hate them! What did they do that made you just grind your teeth and boo until you had no voice? Give us a classic moment from your memory.

I have 3 that come to mind. The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, Mr. Fuji, and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Ted DiBiase was always so full of himself, rich, arrogant, condescending, and an excellent wrestler. His antics are legendary, and now he is going into the WWE Hall of Fame. He was a complete heel all his life and wow was he good at it.
Classic Moment: Virgil/DiBiase vs. Dusty/Dustin Rhodes at the Royal Rumble waaaaaaaaay back when. After cheating to win the match, DiBiase still taunted Virgil and made him pick up the money from the floor. I thought "You just won and that guy helped you! You jerk!" Then Virgil cracked DiBiase and went face, and the crowd exploded. One of the loudest pops I can remember back then because of the constant taunting and the build. Takes a great bad guy to do that.

Mr. Fuji was always quiet and scheming. My experience with him was only when he was a manager, but he was always a great bad guy. You knew that he would be hiding around the ring and ready to crack someone with his cane and cost them the match.
Classic Moment: Mr. Fuji caned the Rockers at a house show I went to, costing them their title shot against Demolition. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan had charisma and the gift of the gab. Even as an announcer he was great. But he was never a face, he was always a bad guy, representing bad people. When I was a kid I booed the "Heenan Family" until I was blue in the face.
Classic moment: WM 5 (?), Ravishing Rick Rude vs. The Ultimate Warrior for the IC title--that jerk was holding onto the Warrior's legs on the outside of the ring while the ref counted. No way the ref could have seen him. Well done and BOOOOOOOOO to you Bobby.

sorry, the brain had a face turn during the original nwo angle in wcw.

as for me, i was a HUGE mark for Demolition when i was a kid.

There's only probably a handful of them. Not the greatest idea for a thread. Nothing against the OP, but you just picked a topic for a thread that has a very very limited basis for argument or debate. From my knowledge, you pretty much picked the only 3 I can even think of at this point anyway. I wouldn't even have thought of Mr. Fuji. Yes he's a legend and had an effect on matches, but nobody would call him their favorite.

Heenan and DiBiase are the only other 2 I can think of at all. Those 2 names speak for themselves.

The Million Dollar Man by a mile. The guy was incredible. His reactions were through the roof and he was the arrogant rich guy everyone hated. The best part about him is that the company kept kayfabe by always getting him first class tickets and giving him the best accomadations. His character was intriguing, he was great on the stick, and it's a shame he never held the WWE Title. He was just great.

The Iron Shiek was the 1st person who came to mind. I remember being no more than 4 years old when Hulk Hogan beat him and then when the WWF 1st came out with their HUGE rubber action figures, The Iron Shiek was one of the 1st ones that I had. The man was made to be a heel. He was the heel's heel. He was completely anti-American (although he was an actual coach for the U.S. men's wrestling team in the Olympics) and by all accounts, I never remember him being a face...EVER. Fans absoluetly HATED that man. For one he always spit when he talked about America, was always sweating, which probably made most fans want to vomit and he never really could speak English very well.

Besides that, The Iron Shiek beat the Golden Boy himself, Bob Backlund and had wars with Sgt. Slaugther and had a hand of sorts in Slaughter's own heel turn in 1990-91. I can go on and on, but I will always remember Shiek as one crazy mother f'er who could entertain and get boos at the same time.

I haven't seen a thread on this, so I thought I'd ask. Its my first started thread too!

Criteria:
1) The wrestler never had a face turn. Managers -- as long as they were always a heel -- qualify too.
3) Tell us why you love to hate them! What did they do that made you just grind your teeth and boo until you had no voice? Give us a classic moment from your memory.

I have 3 that come to mind. The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, Mr. Fuji, and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Ted DiBiase was always so full of himself, rich, arrogant, condescending, and an excellent wrestler. His antics are legendary, and now he is going into the WWE Hall of Fame. He was a complete heel all his life and wow was he good at it.
Classic Moment: Virgil/DiBiase vs. Dusty/Dustin Rhodes at the Royal Rumble waaaaaaaaay back when. After cheating to win the match, DiBiase still taunted Virgil and made him pick up the money from the floor. I thought "You just won and that guy helped you! You jerk!" Then Virgil cracked DiBiase and went face, and the crowd exploded. One of the loudest pops I can remember back then because of the constant taunting and the build. Takes a great bad guy to do that.

Mr. Fuji was always quiet and scheming. My experience with him was only when he was a manager, but he was always a great bad guy. You knew that he would be hiding around the ring and ready to crack someone with his cane and cost them the match.
Classic Moment: Mr. Fuji caned the Rockers at a house show I went to, costing them their title shot against Demolition. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan had charisma and the gift of the gab. Even as an announcer he was great. But he was never a face, he was always a bad guy, representing bad people. When I was a kid I booed the "Heenan Family" until I was blue in the face.
Classic moment: WM 5 (?), Ravishing Rick Rude vs. The Ultimate Warrior for the IC title--that jerk was holding onto the Warrior's legs on the outside of the ring while the ref counted. No way the ref could have seen him. Well done and BOOOOOOOOO to you Bobby.

Being a lifelong fan of "heels" or The Bad Guys, this is a perfect thread for me.

I don't know if anyone remembers Brian Adams' CRUSH gimmick, but I'm certain he never made a face turn (could be wrong, my memory is fuzzy 94 and downwards). I always loved this guy, his finisher was so believable (crushing someone's skull with his bare hands) and he was always just a believable big bad dude (from when I was 10 years old and believing everything).

I know Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig had a few slight face runs in the WWF as Mr. Perfect, but I think his character in heel was probably one of the best heels ever portrayed. He was always simply BETTER THAN YOU. Greatest thing ever. I also loved his video vignettes, like the classic one handed basketball toss to the net behind him... swish! and all the different sports vignettes he did that made him look like a legitimate perfect athlete.

Also, like you, i LOVED Ted Dibiase. His sinister laugh and perfectly cocky demeanor literally couldn't be matched (and I don't think can be matched in today's wrestling market). The way he bought people off, good or bad, was "priceless" so to speak. I was too young when he was at his prime to truly respect his wrestling ability, but his character always had me going crazy at my Uncle's or Grandma's house. But I will reinforce a point I already made.... THE LAUGH. Nothing beats the Million Dollar LAUGH. NOTHING!!!

I never really paid too much attention to Mr. Fuji, but the one thing that sticks out in my head was back in 96/97 when he "cut off" Val Venis' main member in the back of the locker room. That was complete shock entertainment and I remember how badly the audience (mainly women) wanted him dead for doing that to their stripper man, lol.

Crush was a face when he was in Demolition, was he not? I remember him being a face too, when he was doing the "Chaka Bra" gimmick. Yokozuna was a lifelong heel too, right? I wouldn't put him near the top, since he had nothing going for him besides being fat with a Sumo gimmick.

I agree, there are not many to choose from. Rick Rude and Ted DiBiase are the two that immediately come to mind, and I'm sure many will agree.

I can't say there is much to discuss in this thread.

Criteria:

I can't believe all you didn't have this "heel persona" person come to mind when everyone decided to respond to this thread, just wanted to clear one thing with the operator though, Ted Dibiase was a face, he jumped with the Steiners, it was Scott who turned heel and knocked him on his butt! You mention, it didn't matter if they jumped ship! As Dibiase did jump ship to join the nwo, than he became the Steiners brothers manager!

There's a few, but the one guy that came to my mind is;
1.Muhamad Hassan
He was a perfect heel coming into the wwe, just not at the right time cause of the 911 tragedy, to be honest with most fans, I didn't boo him, I liked him as a heel! Where ever he went, he drew the most heat, every wrestling fan just hated this persona which I thought was awesome!
Classic moment; he thought he was bad ass in the royal rumble and got toss out the moment he came in by just about every wwe superstars!
2. Rick Rude (how could anyone not mention him)
One of the all time classic good guys heel, he was always arrogant (of course that was only a angle) he was so good at being a heel, he even got me cheering for the Ultimate warrior, I am not even a ultimate warrior fan! One of the best feud he had going for him was his feud with Jake Roberts! What a classic feud that was!
Classic moment; he went to pick out a girl in the crowd to make out with and the girl just happens to be Jake Roberts wife, than Jake came back from the dressing room and whooped him and stripped him naked in front of the world to see, I believe this is the only time this happened on national televised T.V.

Rick Rude is my choice. Not only did the man have the mic skills and look, he could out wrestle most of the roster during his era. Everytime he would come out and get on the "Fat outta shape, sweathogs" people would boo like there is no tomorrow.

I believe he was the first man to defeat the Ultimate Warrior during his prime winning the WWF IC title at Wrestlemania 5. He also was a main event player in WWF and later in WCW.

Also, he became infamous for being the first man ever to appear on RAW and Nitro on the same night as well as being the first man to join both the NWO and DX in 1997.

I would say, "Classy" Freddie Blassie...the man knew how to make you hate him...Pencil Neck Geeks! I wasn't alive when he was a wrestler, but after reading his book, the guy knew how to draw heat from a crowd (to the extend that he was stabbed and had acid thrown on him from just entering the ring). As a manager, he always represented the wrestlers who were anti-Amernican during the Cold War (Sheik and Volkoff). Hell, he was billed as Ayatolla Blassie when the Sheik was Heavyweight Champion. Plus, he introduced the world to the "Doctor of Style" Slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back