RIP Mr. Fuji

The Brain

King Of The Ring
I just read that Mr. Fuji has passed away. Mr. Fuji was one of the great heel managers of my childhood. Of course he wrestled and was a tag champion before his days as a manager but I think most of us know him as a manager. I’ll always associate him most with Demolition but he also managed Magnificent Muraco, Powers of Pain, Orient Express, Berzerker, and of course Yokozuna among others. Fuji was at his best as the WWF was beginning its national expansion and was always an entertaining guest on Tuesday Night Titans. Fuji Vice, Fuji General, and Fuji Bandito are still among some of my favorite skits. RIP to the Devious One, Mr. Fuji.

Also never forget: Shawn Michaels loves Mr. Fuji.

[youtube]znBBdxvibS4[/youtube]

Start at 1:03.

For your trivia of the day: Fuji still holds the record for most days as a WWF World Tag Team Champion with 932 days combined over five reigns.

My earliest memories of wrestling are Yoko & Fuji. Legendary tales about the man, what a persona!

The industry & fans are forever indebted.

I grew up seeing him as the most evil manager in pro-wrestling, I'm not sure if Yokozuna would have been as over without Mr. Fuji there.

The following vid is one of my favorite clips of his career, at 11:45 it's a who's who of top WWWF performers participating in a battle royal where Mr. Fuji was allowed to shine.

[youtube]HLnqvF34ncY[/youtube]

If there is an afterlife, I hope I'm going to the same one that Mr. Fuji went to.

I'm probably the biggest Demolition mark on the forum, this one hurts a little.

I really caught Fugi with the Hogan WM match with Yokozuna. A great manager for sure. RIP.

Never got to see him wrestle, but he's up there with Heenan add one of the all time best managers. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back