What are some of your most memorable attacks?

MrPerfect316

Dark Match Jobber
I have many but here are a few that some may and may not remember.

Austin attacking Vince in the hospital, seriously...one of the most timeless attacks ever even to this day lol.

Razor attacking Goldust on RAW, and just beating him from inside the building all the way out ouside, off walls...it was pure gold.

Razor attacking owen hart while owen was giving an interview, this was 93 i believe and razor just laid owen out askin him if his daddy taught him that one while beating him with the trash cans.

Crush beating Savage when he returned to RAW with Fuji, that was a classic attack that has always stuck with me.

Ive got more, but those are a few favs of mine...curious what are some favorites from you guys.

It's a lame one, but I believe The Rock or someone was going at it in the ring, and Kurt Angle came down the ramp for a run in, but Austin came running right after him, clotheslines him in the back while still on the ramp and went in the ring to attack the Rock (or whoever) Kurt Angle was just lying there pissed off. Was one of the funniest moments I ever seen, I'd love to find a clip of that again.

On a Nitro the NWO was beating down i think DDP near the announce table and a fan jumped the guard rail and almost took Bischoffs head off with a clothesline, Bischoff ducked under it and Scott Norton, Konnan and Bagwell kicked the crap outta the guy for a few seconds till security grabbed him. No way i'd want Norton beating on me!!

-Macho King Randy Savage attacking the Ultimate Warriorduring his match with Sgt Slaughter at the Royal Rumble...hitting him in the face with his sceptor, breaking it into a million pieces and busting Warrior open causing him to lose the title.

-Jake "The Snake" Roberts attacking Savage with his King Cobra and then couldn't get the cobra to let go.

-Papa Shango attacking the Warrior with a voodoo spell...Warrior got violently ill and was taken to the hospital on a stretcher

-Austin attacking Vince in the hospital with a bed pan! Classic!!!

-Sting returning to his first Nitro show since becoming the "Crow" and attacking basically the whole nWo and whooping their asses!

-Goldberg making his first appearance in WWE and attacking Rock after the staredown

-Shawn Michaels attacking Marty Jannety on "The Barbershop" hitting him with sweet chin music and sending him through the glass window. This broke up the Rockers and started HBK on his way as one of the greatest singles careers of all time!

There areso many I could list but I'll keep it to this list for now...if something else big hits me I'll post it. Good thread!

A couple of my favorite attacks are:

1) HBK throwing Jennety through the window- I mean come on, who in their right mind could say that when it happened that Shawn was on his way to become on of the best ever.

2) Undertaker's Ministry tying Austin up on the cross- There is a lot of repetition in this business yet this moment has never been matched.

3) Jake the Snake Roberts and Undertaker interrupt Macho Man and Elizabeth's wedding reception- What a great way to turn the Match Made in Heaven into pure hell.

4) Hogan being the mystery third partner - People can argue all they want about Hogan's performance in the ring however no one can argue that this moment was HUGE

5) Sherri attacking Savage after losing retirement match with Warrior- Great moment to see Elizabeth come out of the crowd and kick sherri's ass.

6) Hart Foundation interfering in Savage's match with the Honkey Tonk Man- Hogan came out to make the save and the Mega Powers were born.

Just a few of my favorites of all time.

I agree the Hart foundation and Honky Tonk Man beating Savage until Hogan makes the Save.
Also Andre attacking Hogan and choking him out. I remember a bunch of wrestlers running to the ring trying to save Hogan. The British Bulldogs, Jake Roberts, I think the Killer Bees then Hacksaw hit Andre with his 2x4 and Andre barely noticed. I was just a kid at the time and I was glued to the TV nothing could have drug me away from that moment. I remember thinking "oh my Hogan is almost dead"

The very first beating that became extremely memorable for me because of the viciousness associated with it and how long it went on for was Nailz' attack on The Big Boss Man back in 1992. Nailz' debut was hyped not just weeks, but actually for months and you never saw his face, but rather only heard his distinct voice, stating that he was looking for revenge against The Boss Man.

Finally, in Syracuse, he debuted and came from the audience in a prison jumpsuit, attacking the Boss Man after Boss Man's squash match. He took Boss Man's knightstick and must have laid a beating on him that lasted a good 7 or 8 minutes. Attacking his back, his kneecaps, choking the life out of him, etc.

That was the most vicious beating I had seen up to that point on WWE television.

Another attack I liked was seeing Andre The Giant flipping the table on Hulk Hogan at the first Royal Rumble (1988) when they were going to sign the contract for their rematch of Wrestlemania III.

My 2nd favourite would be on the Raw after Survivor Series 2000. At the PPV, Angle switched places with his brother Eric during his title match with Taker, so that he'd get one over on the Phenom.

Next night on Raw, the whole Angle family are in the ring celebrating that Kurt retained against the Deadman, only for Taker to come out and beat them all down, capping it off by chokeslamming Eric off the stage, through a pyramid of tables. Cl-ass-ic!

Overall favourite has to be Austin beating Booker T around every inch of a supermarket. They must have made a mint out of the 'E' for all the stock loss they must have suffered after that skit.

Booker attacking Austin at KOTR 2001 to set up the Invasion angle was pretty good too as a WTF moment.

Wow that's a lot to chew on.

1. When Honky Tonk Man hit Jake the Snake Roberts over the head with a real guitar (some say the Snake was never the same physically).

2. Michaels tossing Janetty through the Barbershop window. Looked so realistic back then.

3.Earthquake squashing Hogan several times. WWF tv actually set up a P.O. Box for kids to send Hogan get weel cards...I have to laugh at this because I sent one and actuallt got a Post Card from the Hulkster as I thank you (I didn't know WWF sent them to everyone).

4. Roddy Piper breaking the coconut over Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's dome.

5. The Undertaker beating the holy hell out of the Ultimate Warrior and locking him in a casket. EMT's had to perform cpr on the Warrior, and the inside of the casket actually had been torn apart from where the Warrior tried to claw his way out. This one gave me nightmares for years.

When Chris Jericho attacked the Olympic torch runner during his return.

When CM Punk or Edge kicked Jeff Hardy's ladder when Jeff was sitting on it last year on SmackDown!

Umaga somoan dropping Maria, that actually broke her thumb too.

The Great Khali squishing Mysterio's head.

When The Miz attacked John Morrison after getting drafted to Raw, that one really caught me off gaurd.

Wow that's a lot to chew on.

1. When Honky Tonk Man hit Jake the Snake Roberts over the head with a real guitar (some say the Snake was never the same physically).

2. Michaels tossing Janetty through the Barbershop window. Looked so realistic back then.

3.Earthquake squashing Hogan several times. WWF tv actually set up a P.O. Box for kids to send Hogan get well cards...I have to laugh at this because I sent one and actuallt got a Post Card from the Hulkster as I thank you (I didn't know WWF sent them to everyone).

4. Roddy Piper breaking the coconut over Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's dome.

5. The Undertaker beating the holy hell out of the Ultimate Warrior and locking him in a casket. EMT's had to perform cpr on the Warrior, and the inside of the casket actually had been torn apart from where the Warrior tried to claw his way out. This one gave me nightmares for years.

The funny thing was that I always questioned why they did this, when I was younger. However, I have no doubt in my mind that they used the addresses from everyone who sent in a Get Well Wish, and added them to their mailing list to advertise WWF Magazine, and the like.

Brilliant scheme back in the day. I never knew they sent out Thank You cards either, but that was your "Thank You" I suppose, for giving them your address.

Let's see. Another beating.

I remember when they had a rare marquee match on the old WWF Superstars where Bret Hart was facing The Mountie. I remember Jimmy Hart was carrying some sort of bucket on his way to the ring with The Mountie which had a black cloth over it. I was wondering what on Earth that was, as this match was for the Intercontinental Championship.

However, Bret went on the outside and Jimmy Hart threw the bucket (of water) on Hart. Hart turned his back, and The Mountie used his shock stick on Hart when his back was turned, thus "electrocuting" him. You had to love the zapping sounds they did with the shock stick back then. So cheesy.

But being younger, it came across as vicious, obviously because of the theme of the attack being someone getting "electrocuted". And of course, eventually The Mountie did get the IC Title from Bret due to Bret Hart leaving the WWF very briefly around January of 1992.

My favorite attack by far was the attack of Hogan on the Funeral Parlor. Not only was it amazing to see Hogan and Flair face to face for the first time but it skyrocketed The Undertaker's stock in the company.

My most memorable attack was when Macho Man Randy Savage was trapped in the ropes and jake the Snake had Damien/Lucifer bite him. I freaked out.

Also, when Earthquake squashed Damien.

And my 2nd most memorable and most heinous, when almost every guy on the roster came out to attack Undertaker in the casket match vs. Yokozuna.

Undertaker attacks Paul Bearer on Monday Night Raw inside Hell In a Cell- The match was 'Taker/Austin vs Kane/Mankind. Bearer locked himself inside the Cell and 'Taker came from under the ring and beat the hell outta Bearer while Kane was trying to break in

New Age Outlaws throw the dumpster off the stage on Monday Night Raw- Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie were having a match, and Jack elbow dropped Charlier into the dumpster, the Outlaws locked them in it and then pushed them off the stage

The Outsiders attack Eric Bischoff at The Great American Bash- Nash and Hall were being interviewed by Bischoff and they got pissed and Hall guts him, and Nash POWERBOMBS him off the stage!

Stone Cold attacks Doink at the 1997 Slammy awards- Austin had just won a Slammy and was comin off the stage and Doink got in his face and sprayed something and Austin beat the hell outta him lol.

Hogan attacks Team WCW and joins helps create the NWO- Bash at the Beach 96, Holy crap the start of a new era in wrestling. Hogan arrives to help WCW against the Outsiders and leg drops Randy Savage. History making

and THE greatest attack of all time......

AUSTIN ATTACKS MCMAHON IN THE HOSPITAL- by far the greatest attack ever. McMahon was in the hospital after having his leg broke by the Brothers of Destruction. Austin disguises himself as a doctor and turns around and attacks McMahon in his hospital bed. Multiple fists, a bedpan shot and in the end, electric shocks him with a defibrilator, LMAO. PRICLESS

Another one of my faves I forgot...was Father James Mitchell and Abyss stalking Christian Cage's wife. Then assaulting him in his front yard and full on mayhem through out his house and trying to drown him in his pool. That was nuts!! :wtf:

Moving to spam you you spammers can spam to your spammy hearts content

1) Orton DDT-ing Steph from the ropes with Trips looking on helplessly handcuffed to the ring post... then planting a kiss on her lips. Randy is awesome at being the evil calculated side of deranged and it really showed here

2) The subsequent attack of Orton's home by Trips, the whole man going into anothers house and beating him whilst terrorising the family wos quite savage

3) Might not completely count but at WM22 in the HBK/Vince grudge match when HBK had Vince beat and then carried on beating seven shades of shit out of him... wos when id gone back to watching after a few years and it wos pretty brutal.

4) Jericho slamming HBKs head into the JeriTron, blood (so pre the blood ban) and then he kept on trying to cave in HBKs head and you thought wow, thats one brutal looking assault

5) Jericho sparking out HBKs wife, just another HOLY SHIT monent. WWE was already in the PG era and i was surprised at how real it seemed

6) iMPACT segment where Foley stalks Jarrett areound the iMPACT zone and beats the crap outta him. Foley came across as deranged as ever AND it was whilst Jarrett was explaining how much TNA meant to him and his history there, Foley just remorselessy beat him.

7) Can't remember who but several times when Finlay would get his Shelleileigh (instead of Hornswaggle) and just beat everyone up leaving them bleeding and you'd think 'holy shit' cos it looked like every blow was solid.

8) Rikishi running Austin over, i came over all OMG?! as a youngster thought it wos pretty far to just run someone over!

One pick I haven't seen mentioned...

Austin attacking Booker T in the supermarket. It was just absolutely brutal. Austin beat Booker T up with everything in the market it seemed and he made it so entertaining...Then Booker finally got some offense in after what seemed like minutes of a beating and tried to escape, only for Austin to come out of the milk fridge and resume the assault. Priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back