• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which ROH TV show did you watch?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
While discussing today's ROH show, it was discovered KB and I were talking about two different shows. Apparently, my station flipped the order of the two shows, showing this week's last, and last week's today. I was curious how many others found this problem.

In actual order:

Show 1 main-event: Kings of Wrestling vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

Show 2 main-event: Jay Lethal vs. El Generico

Which show did you watch last week and this week? You know, for those few brave souls who watched both.

I want to watch but don't know the time it is on, and the day. So far they sound as if it is more talk than wrestling. If anyone can PM to tell me when the shows are on would be nice.

There isn't one set time that the show airs nationwide, it depends on local station that is showing it (if there is a local station where you live that does show it). I think most stations airing the show are doing so sometime over the weekend. supposedly if you sign up for an account on ROH site you can see the show for free the Thurs. after it airs, or you can watch it on Mon. if you sign up for some other account that cost about $8 a month (you get other stuff with that too). It's all far more confusing that it really should be.

I saw the Kings of Wrestling vs WGTT last week. This week is the Generico vs Lethal match. Hopefully episode two is a step up from the first, although I would really expect any major improvements to come from this weekends tapings.

I saw the Kings of Wrestling vs WGTT last week. This week is the Generico vs Lethal match. Hopefully episode two is a step up from the first, although I would really expect any major improvements to come from this weekends tapings.

It's not. While everybody, including me, was talking about how terrible episode one was...my episode one was actually episode two, and we didn't even realize it until this week. That's how bad BOTH weeks have been.

Ehhh, it was okay though only 2 matches on the card. But, for them first few episodes I see them trying to push the main guys for people to see them and get used to them. I think in the later episodes we will have more wrestling on the show.

I do like the code of shaking hands before and after the match. Othe cool thing that caught my ears was hearing that wins matter. This just might lure me into watching it.

It sucks though that the KOW are now FCW bound, although the dumb sounding Brisco Brothers are still there. They look to be a really good tag team. I'll admit it I'll be watching it come ever Saturday night.

I've seen bits and pieces of both episodes, but have both full episodes on my HD waiting to be watched. Fuck, I still have the last few DVDs and Death Before Dishonor to watch first before I start the TV show man, PRIORITIES!

From what I heard it was the same story it always is with ROH---top notch in-ring action for the most part, but bad production values that made the show look very 20th century. They desperately need to find a way to upgrade their filming equipment. Find an investor or something. There's gotta be some rich hardcore wrestling fan willing to throw cash at a growing promotion somewhere.

With the first match of the most recent episode taking 18 minutes to happen and a 15 minute time limit match expiring after less than 13, I'm not entirely convinced of that X. I haven't seen the episodes and I have no intention of doing so (if I want to watch an hour of relative unknowns wrestling in a small arena with worse production values than a mainstream promotion, I'll watch FCW) but KB paints a grim picture in his reviews.

With the first match of the most recent episode taking 18 minutes to happen and a 15 minute time limit match expiring after less than 13, I'm not entirely convinced of that X. I haven't seen the episodes and I have no intention of doing so (if I want to watch an hour of relative unknowns wrestling in a small arena with worse production values than a mainstream promotion, I'll watch FCW) but KB paints a grim picture in his reviews.

No offense but you have to take a large grain of salt with any non-WWE/TNA/defunct major old school American promotion (WCW, AWA) reviews that KB does. They aren't exactly his forte. If you want to read reviews for the shows that are done by an actual ROH fan who's been following them for years and is intimately familiar with their product, you should check out the report/review that Shawn S. Lealos does over on 411mania every week. Here are the first two:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/203222
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/204168

I'll get around to reviewing them soon enough, once I've finished watching the ROH DVDs I haven't yet and reviewing Death Before Dishonor.

I read KB's latest review and was surprised to see only two matches in one hour.

Yeah, that just stinks of poorly managed time since the two matches added up to just under 20 minutes. Waiting 18 minutes before having a match is ******ed for a 1 hour show. Just do what FCW does and have the commentators run down the show and then hit the music for the first match or something. Simple, effective and right to the point. Air a video package at some point but be sensible.

No offense but you have to take a large grain of salt with any non-WWE/TNA/defunct major old school American promotion (WCW, AWA) reviews that KB does. They aren't exactly his forte. If you want to read reviews for the shows that are done by an actual ROH fan who's been following them for years and is intimately familiar with their product, you should check out the report/review that Shawn S. Lealos does over on 411mania every week. Here are the first two:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/203222
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/204168

I'll get around to reviewing them soon enough, once I've finished watching the ROH DVDs I haven't yet and reviewing Death Before Dishonor.

I'm sure that the shows are better to a hardcore fan of ROH/Indies in general. Since they're going to be more interested in the segments that take up 20 minutes at the start of the show, but it seems like it would alienate people who don't care enough about ROH to sit through that many promo segments. It also means that they're limiting their selling point (we have REALLY good long matches) if you've got to fit in the adverts and promo segments at the start of the show. It just seems too freaking long to me. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know, and deep down, I don't really care either.

From what I heard it was the same story it always is with ROH---top notch in-ring action for the most part,

Actually, the matches were quite average. I've seen three of the four matches, and the only match I'd rate better than a standard WWE house match was the Lethal vs. Generico. That match was solid, but it could have been much better than it was. There were several opportunities where they failed to capitalize on the heat they had built. They'd build some nice heat to the match, but instead of getting having that story pay off, they'd just drop the heat and move on.

It'd be like getting getting a blowjob from an average looking girl, and every time she came close to getting you off, she would stop sucking and start talking about doing dishes.

Still haven't seen those matches yet Sly so I can't comment on that. Heard the Davey Richards/Roderick Strong match on this week's show was outstanding though. Looking forward to watching that....eventually.

Still haven't seen those matches yet Sly so I can't comment on that. Heard the Davey Richards/Roderick Strong match on this week's show was outstanding though. Looking forward to watching that....eventually.

You heard wrong...SOOO very wrong. That match was awful. You know I'm not one to sing the praises of ROH, so I can understand if you take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I can tell you, without any shadow of a doubt, that who ever told you Richards vs. Strong was a good match lied to you. It was spotfest extreme, and not even a good one. It was one of those matches where you wonder if the guys even had a plan going into the match, or if they just decided to go out there and do whatever moves came into their head, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

No offense Slyington, but we've established numerous times that our tastes and expectations of what constitutes a "good wrestling match" are inherently different, so please excuse me if I don't take your opinion on the matter very seriously. I'll have to watch it myself to be the judge though. I'm going to try and catch up on all my ROH shit tomorrow after work hopefully.

No offense Slyington, but we've established numerous times that our tastes and expectations of what constitutes a "good wrestling match" are inherently different, so please excuse me if I don't take your opinion on the matter very seriously. I'll have to watch it myself to be the judge though. I'm going to try and catch up on all my ROH shit tomorrow after work hopefully.

Haha, I didn't figure you would. All I can say is if you're a fan of random shit with no purpose or meaning, then you'll love this match. Regardless of my opinion of whether it's the right or wrong way to work a match, there's really no arguing it's a random shit with no purpose or meaning match.

I do like Richards look though...he has a pro style body. A shame he's so short. The show also proved to me Strong is still as bland and boring as ever. I still remember when TNA marketed him as the master of the back breaker, or some crap like that. Wow that was awful back then. Now he's a "ladies man", or some crap like that. He's supposed to be the 2011 version of the Fonz, I suppose. Someone should tell him he needs charisma to pull that gimmick off.

I honestly don't care for Davey that much. I wish Eddie Edwards would have never lost the belt. I've always been a bigger fan of Edwards than Davey. But I do like Roderick Strong, though. His offense works perfectly that he wears down the opponent with chops and back breakers before locking on the Strong Hold. He just doesn't have the charisma.

I honestly don't care for Davey that much. I wish Eddie Edwards would have never lost the belt. I've always been a bigger fan of Edwards than Davey. But I do like Roderick Strong, though. His offense works perfectly that he wears down the opponent with chops and back breakers before locking on the Strong Hold. He just doesn't have the charisma.

Everything this man said goes for me as well, basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back