Which is Better? PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360

Which is Better? PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360

• PS3

• Wii

• Xbox 360

Results are only viewable after voting.
The main flaw in your argument being, that you DONT get the same preformance. Gamespot.com does a screen to screen comparison of PS3 and Xbox 360 on the top 10 selling titles for both systems, and Xbox has routed PS3 evey time the comparisons have been made. Xbox soundly defeated PS3 in all showings. Look it up.
Find me a link to that please.

Two things. Firstly, the page for the cheaper version of the Xbox, which has been dubbed the Arcade package. I then click on Buy Now as I am curious to see what you're talking about and I'm taken to a Toys 'R' Us page saying it's out of stock. Is that what I'm meant to be looking for? Are you questioning the existence of the Arcade package? You are, aren't you? It's an illness you have, you sick person.
No, the point I'm making is that the particular package is probably just a sale package from Toys R' Us...a package which doesn't exist right now.

If you can show me how there is any difference in that and the one right beside it for $350, let me know.

I still say the largest factor in this is the games library, which the 360 has the definite edge on. If you're primarily getting a console for GTA IV though, I'd actually heartily recommend the Arcade system. You can't go too far wrong either way. Unless you get a Wii. Good luck playing GTA on that.
For only $50 you get a bette system to play GTA on.

Xfear, go with the PS3. It's worth it.

Find me a link to that please.

No, the point I'm making is that the particular package is probably just a sale package from Toys R' Us...a package which doesn't exist right now.

I think it might be exclusive to Europe right now. Otherwise they're advertising stuff that doesn't exist on English television, on the sides of buses, etc. I believe it is coming to America, however.

If you can show me how there is any difference in that and the one right beside it for $350, let me know.

Smaller hard drive, free arcade games to compensate. Maybe also a wired control as opposed to a wireless one. As far as I know...

For only $50 you get a bette system to play GTA on.

Xfear, go with the PS3. It's worth it.

Anyone want to know a secret?

It's not.

The only reason I would possibly get a 360 over the ps3 would be because the xbox is hacked. So if you want to play games for free get the xbox, if you have enough money to buy the games get a ps3. The ps3 will never be hacked/chipped and because of the cost of blu-ray disks is so high that it would be pointless anyway. Seriously though the ps3 is better, you get more for your money as has already been discussed.

What? The only advantage is the Blu-Ray player, and maybe if you really love Final Fantasy. Potential isn't an advantage. Potential is only an advantage if it's fulfilled. Which, yeah, it could be. A superior games library with a greater quantity and greater quality of exclusives is an advantage. A superior online service is an advantage. Bragging about hardware, as has been proven time and time before, means nothing.

So xfear, do you really want a Blu-Ray player?

the problem wii and PS3 have is that the system came out before any major games the consoles before them were reknowned for were in existence eg:
Gran Turismo for PS3
MarioKart for Wii

X-box on the other hand had some of it's big games out on the console reasonably quickly and got a big enough hold on the games market to make it the major player.

PS3 has had to play catchup on the X-box and has big disadvantages: it was more expensive, there weren't many big name games for it. and some of them couldn't play the PS2 games. it might catch up now that price has dropped and more games. but we'll see

Wii on the other hand markets itself towards kids, with the basis that most of the games companies have to work out how to integrate the control system into their games, but it would seem they are starting to release more adult games.

The Xbox 360 is the best system for now... it may have horrible(and I do mean HORRIBLE) hardware, but it has the BEST library, best online service, and best online-community. People ask, "Why get a 360 and pay for XBL when PS3's and Wii's are free?" Simple to answer... people will usually pay for something if it's better. Is XBL better, well HELL YEAH by far. Is it worth your hard earned money, yes. Do I have it anymore? No... I'm not that into playing online like i had been months ago, so I won't be buying it back until I get into the mood.

I saw this somewhere else and i thought why not ask it here. argubley the two biggest gameing systems since the sega. but wich one is better? Personally i think the Playstation's are the better one, Better Graphics on both the Ps2 compared to the Xbox and the Ps3 compared to the Xbox 360. the controls for the Playstation are much more simple and easier to use, you dont have a thousand different buttons, less is more when it comes to controls. They have better games, and the ones that are one both get realised earlier on the ps2 most times. a wider range of games and a better online system. Basically imo the only thing that the Xbox is good for is you can download your music onto it and its cheaper. Whats your opinion who is better? the Xbox or the Sony? please give reasons
EDIT: this thread is asking wheather its SONY consoles over the XBOX brand. it includes all Playstation consoles and both Xbox's

Personally i think the Playstation's are the better one, Better Graphics on both the Ps2 compared to the Xbox and the Ps3 compared to the Xbox 360.

Actually, the Xbox had far superior graphics to the PS2 - this coming from an avid PS2 supporter. As Nintendo will tell you, graphics don't mean a lot in the long run. As for current graphics, the 360's graphics are at least the equivalent of the PS3.

the controls for the Playstation are much more simple and easier to use, you dont have a thousand different buttons, less is more when it comes to controls.

Actually, both Xbox controllers have the exact same amount of buttons as the Playstation ones. The Playstation controllers have always been considered a bit bare by the gaming community. I'd say the Xbox 360 controller is mega-comfortable. It's only real competitor is the Gamecube controller, but it has two fully fledged thumbsticks as opposed to one and a nub.

They have better games, and the ones that are one both get realised earlier on the ps2 most times. a wider range of games and a better online system. Basically imo the only thing that the Xbox is good for is you can download your music onto it and its cheaper. Whats your opinion who is better? the Xbox or the Sony? please give reasons

You seem to be a bit behind in the times, Sparky. Not only is the PS2 vs. Xbox debate resolved (PS2 FTW, duh), but Microsoft's online system is widely considered to be massively superior to Sony's.

And how come no mention of the Wii, which is kicking ass in terms of sales and revolutionizing gaming, instead of becoming more and more of a multimedia system like the other two. Nintendo deserves recognition, dammit!

Also, this should probably be merged with the old PS3/Wii/360 thread.

No the Wii does not deserve any recognition whatsoever. If anything, the Wii is going to lead to the bubble being burst on the video game industry once again, and Sony and Microsoft there to pick up the pieces.

For all the "good" games that come out on Wii, you can find at least ten bad ones. The Wii is nothing more then this generations atari. Soon the love affair will end with the stupid ass controller, and the bubble will burst, and hopefully Nintendo will be gone as a console name. Nintendo has sucked ass for ten years, there last good system was the Nintendo 64.

I hate to insult anyone, but to enjoy the Wii more then the superior 360 or PS3 just is a case of having a simple mind. The games are so inferior on the Wii its simply a joke to compare them to anything on the PS360.

No the Wii does not deserve any recognition whatsoever. If anything, the Wii is going to lead to the bubble being burst on the video game industry once again, and Sony and Microsoft there to pick up the pieces.

For all the "good" games that come out on Wii, you can find at least ten bad ones. The Wii is nothing more then this generations atari. Soon the love affair will end with the stupid ass controller, and the bubble will burst, and hopefully Nintendo will be gone as a console name. Nintendo has sucked ass for ten years, there last good system was the Nintendo 64.

I don't like the Wii. Most games are PS2 ports, and we're talking about poor PS2 originals. But the Wii has, however, taken gaming in a different direction, whereas the PS3 and 360 are busy making the best-looking bollocks on their Unreal 3 powered space marines - not that the 360 doesn't have more appeal to me, as I'm not much of a casual gamer. Nintendo took a massive gamble with the Wii and DS, and it paid off. They appeal to a new audience that simply wasn't there before, and they're raking in the money. Do I like the Wii games - PS2 ports, games that tell you if you're fat, how clever you are and dozens of Mario spin-offs? With the exception of a rare few, no. Do I think their games catalogue is better than their more powerful rivals? No. Do I think they've done something original and clever? Absolutely.

I hate to insult anyone, but to enjoy the Wii more then the superior 360 or PS3 just is a case of having a simple mind. The games are so inferior on the Wii its simply a joke to compare them to anything on the PS360.

They're not comparable though, that's the thing. I'd also like to point out that Nintendo is still putting out the best party games in the business - Mario Kart Wii was a disappointing installment in an excellent series, but it sold like hotcakes. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is also, I'd wager, one of the best multiplayer games ever. In an age where more and more people are giving in to playing with obnoxious American teenagers (no offense) through a headset, Nintendo is encouraging people to get together with their friends.

The Wii is a great console. It'll stand the test of time because parents will continue to buy them for their kids. Children today don't go out and play in the park for 8 hours a day like we used to. Part of that is because most parents don't think it's safe anymore. The other part is because kids are so used to having entertainment in house that they don't need to venture outside anymore.

What are the one thing that kids will do in the winter if they're in the house? The main one would be watching TV. Well the Wii allows you to do that, and take part. Playstations & 360's are predominantly for males. Most of the games are what you would call boys. But the Wii, while very child friendly, is for all sexes. So the appeal isn't going to be for adults long term. But with kids it'll last. I'm not saying that we'll still have the Wii3 in 10 years time. But it'll get a next gen version at least. And like the 64 people will keep hold of the console. Because the games will have longevity and they're ones that you'll be able to dip back into every couple of years. It's not like the graphics need to improve like they do for the X-Box & PS consoles.

True story, I've never touched an X-Box. And I hardly touch my PS3.

I voted for the PS3, mainly because graphically and controller wise, I just preffer it.

The Xbox 360 is still very good, but it dosen't even come close to the PS3 graphics wise, and I just hate those controllers. Probably because I'm so used to Playstation ones.

I couldn't really involve the Wii in my decision because it's totally different from the other two consoles. Both the PS3 & Xbox 360 focus upon online play and in depth, complex games while the Wii focuses upon multiplayer fun with your mates. The Wii is for everyone, not just kids. It's also better for everyone to use health wise, because you're moving more when you play the Wii compared to the PS3 or 360.

Play Station is the best console maker in my opinion. Wii is the best console to be made though but usually PS are the best! Xbox dont even have a chance! Playstation have made alot of good and cool games. Xbox havent really got great graphics unlike PS. PlayStation wins!

i have all three and the PS3 is clearly the better system. Everything on the PS3 looks sharper and more detalied, i cant wait to see what happens when they actually use the full power of that machine

the 360 is just as good, and has better online play in my opinion but i hate playing online becasue its full of whiny 14 year olds

the wii is fun but its novelty wears off after a while, dont buy any real games for it like metroid or zelda becasue playing them will just get you fustrated becasue the controllers suck so bad. If you go with a wii stick to the sports games like golf and bowling

the wii is fun but its novelty wears off after a while, dont buy any real games for it like metroid or zelda becasue playing them will just get you fustrated becasue the controllers suck so bad. If you go with a wii stick to the sports games like golf and bowling

True, the novelty can wear off but it's something different, meaning I'll keep turning it on and playing it just because it's a change from the usual controllers, or usual way of playing.

Why shouldn't I buy Zelda? That game owned on the N64. While I'll probably have to get used to the controllers, it's just a change. Give it time and you'll get used to it.

True, the novelty can wear off but it's something different, meaning I'll keep turning it on and playing it just because it's a change from the usual controllers, or usual way of playing.

Why shouldn't I buy Zelda? That game owned on the N64. While I'll probably have to get used to the controllers, it's just a change. Give it time and you'll get used to it.

yea the controls for alot of the games are very fustrating thats what i was trying to tell you. I bought that "Red Steel" game when it came out, it was a shooter the control scheme was horrid

i couldnt even enjoy Smackdown vs Raw on the Wii, but to each their own, cant hurt to give it a shot, im not getting rid of any system anytime soon :)

yea the controls for alot of the games are very fustrating thats what i was trying to tell you. I bought that "Red Steel" game when it came out, it was a shooter the control scheme was horrid

i couldnt even enjoy Smackdown vs Raw on the Wii, but to each their own, cant hurt to give it a shot, im not getting rid of any system anytime soon :)

Red Steel has the worst controls ever for a game followed closely by Sonic and the Secret rings, Smackdown vs Raw on the wii was shockingly bad.

Zelda has good controls, but in my honest opinion it's a Gamecube game that's been ported to the wii. There are a few hidden gems out there (Okami, Fire Emblem, Zak & wiki plus of course Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy) but most of the games on the wii are shockingly bad. There's even a Cheggars party quiz, I mean come on! (and I am a Nintendo fanboy)

As much as I wanted to pick the Wii, because, it is the most fun console to play (by far), its other limitations prevent me from doing so, so I ended up picking the PS3. I absolutely love the Nintendo Wii, but, the criticism that the library is simply too small is justified. The Playstation 3 not only has a larger library of its own, but while the Wii has been dreadfully slow coming out with the older releases, the PS3 is backwards compatible with most PS2 games out of the box. That is a huge plus. The Xbox 360 simply doesn't have as many Xbox titles to keep current customers happy as the PS3 does with PS2 titles.

Further, the PS3 is a cheap Blu-Ray player. As we continue to make the transition away from our analog TVs and into the HD era, its convenient to have one machine that is both a gaming console and Blu-Ray player, that only uses up one HDMI slot. You get two things for the price of one. The Wii cannot compete with the PS3 in its multitasking. The PS3 takes care of two birds with one stone. The 360 completely loses out here, because Microsoft backed the losing format, and while it is a separate attached device, and not built in to the machine, it is unlikely that they will work with Sony to develop a 360 external Blu-Ray drive any time soon. Sony enjoys a competitive advantage by being on the winning side in the HD wars. Microsoft simply bet on the wrong horse.

Buying a Wii is cheaper than buying either a PS3 or Xbox 360. That would seem to be a huge plus for the Wii, however, even with the lower prices, good luck finding one. The lower price of the Wii is negated by the almost impossible task of getting one. Further, if you purchase either a Wii or Xbox 360, and want to get into Blu-Ray, you have the additional cost of getting a standalone Blu-Ray player. In the long run, the PS3 is the cheapest console to own, if you have any desire to watch DVDs in HD.

If the PS3 did not have built in Blu-Ray capabilities, I would have voted for the Wii, hands down. But, Blu-Ray is a HUGE advantage for Sony, and if I had to get one console, the difference between having a Blu-Ray DVD player and not having one, meaning I would have to spend hundreds of dollars later would be enough for me to choose Sony over Nintendo. I will never even consider the 360. High cost, no Blu-Ray and ring of death makes it simply not worth it to me.

The Playstation 3 not only has a larger library of its own, but while the Wii has been dreadfully slow coming out with the older releases, the PS3 is backwards compatible with most PS2 games out of the box. That is a huge plus. The Xbox 360 simply doesn't have as many Xbox titles to keep current customers happy as the PS3 does with PS2 titles.

Ok quick points (bearing in mind I did not vote for Wii, I think you've gotten a few things wrong);

1) Exclusives? Not many on the PS3, shit loads on the Wii

2) PS3 backwards compatible? Erm the 60GB was, but the 40GB and the new 80GB are not, and then it's only a few of the games...you acnnot buy a brand new PS3 that is backwards compatible. X Box only has a few, but Wii plays all the Gamecube games.

Buying a Wii is cheaper than buying either a PS3 or Xbox 360. That would seem to be a huge plus for the Wii, however, even with the lower prices, good luck finding one. The lower price of the Wii is negated by the almost impossible task of getting one. Further, if you purchase either a Wii or Xbox 360, and want to get into Blu-Ray, you have the additional cost of getting a standalone Blu-Ray player. In the long run, the PS3 is the cheapest console to own, if you have any desire to watch DVDs in HD.

3) When was the last time you bought a console? Wii's are easy as anything to find at the moment, PS3's are the one's that are impossible to get. This being due to their new 80GB getting released.

Perhaps you live in a better market than I do...one of my friends works at a Meijer store (think Super Walmart type place in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and certain areas of Kentucky) in the Entertainment/Electronics section, and they never have Wiis, while they have multiple PS3s and 360s in stock.

Its also possible that in the UK, Nintendo is using a different marketing strategy. In the US, they deliberately keep inventory limited, so that there is always constant demand for the Wii. They are controlling the supply, keeping customers antsy to get a hold of one.

While I have 2/3 (Wii and 360) I have played the PS3 enough and probably will be buying it next month. Well heres my opinions:66

360: The best gaming, best online. You cannot go wrong if you are a hardcore gamer. However while I havent experienced one hardware failure since I brought it in Jan 2007 there are a lot of hardware failures.

Wii: Casual fad 'nuff said. Only a few select games that are good. Crappy online.

PS3: Great online that is free, but still needs to do quite a lot to catch upto the 360 in terms of games and online. But MGS 4 is a very great game. The controllers are a bit crap compared to the 360s. But the PS3 does indeed have a very good looking future!

OVERALL: 360! Great for the hardcore gamer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back