• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which current wrestler is most similar to Shawn Michaels?

Simply put ... as others have said ... there is only ONE Shawn Michaels.

But guys in the current product that I think could be top tier talents like him come down to two guys only ... Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

They both can do the heel or face thing very well. They are both legitimate draws. They both are believable champions and they can both be good in funny roles. All things that HBK did very well.

What I also think these guys do well is remain relevant without being in the world championship picture ... something that Michaels was virtually perfect at doing.

I understand the Dolph comparisons ... but I just have no belief that he will ever be close to the top tier star that Michaels is.

The most similar wrestler today to Shawn Michaels is Christopher Daniels in TNA bar none. Just watch his entrance...he does the whole HBK sleazy dancing thing...I've never been a big fan of Daniels but in recent months he has impressed me with his wit & charisma.

Dolph Ziggler? give me a break.

I agree with you on the give me a break part. I'm just pointing out that some of the mannerisms are blatent HBK early heel run ripoffs that Ziggler does and he tries to act in the same cocky heel persona of that time period. I'm not saying its good or that I like that, but that's how I see it.

HBK was a complete performer. He should be offended that people are comparing Ziggler to him.

Ziggler is comparable to guys like Kofi and Morrison. Their all cut from the same cloth. Smarks just love how Ziggler oversells so they started overrating him.

In terms of how smooth and effortlessly Shawn's in ring ability was... Orton is the one current guy that is like that in the ring. But he is a much bigger guy than HBK and has a completely diffferent style so their not really comparable.

The Rock, it says he is on the roster. They both get extremely over the crowd no one comes close besides Cena. They both have some form of elbow drop in their top move set. They both wrestled and held belts. They both faced more of the same people in their careers, and most important they both do the KIP-UP.

Seriously why do you people always compare others to the greats? There will not be another HBK and it’s disrespectful for both. HBK made is own career when at the time it was a lot harder for guys his size. Then you have Ziggler who is a great wrestler but he wants his own name not anyone else’s. Just stop with the comparisons.

There isn't anyone like him, not only was he great in-ring, but he was an entertainer, a mixture of everything, different styles of wrestling and he made it work.. There have been a few comparisons e.g. Daniel Bryan (HBK trained), Dolph Ziggler, Punk, John Morrison.. But non are quite what Shawn was..

Now, on to his mic skills, I don't get how people say he had great mic skills, the only time he was good on the mic was when he was part of DX IMO.. Apart from that, he was actually below-par.. That's just my opinion though.

I really fail to see why we would be looking for 'The Next Shawn Michaels'. Aren't we all tired of shit we have seen before, regardless of how entertaining it was? I really don't want to see the same thing forever. I want a unique, new superstar that entertains me in whole new way. It doesn't matter how good someone is, I don't want to see it forever. Shawn was brilliant while he lasted, but his time is over, and I want to see someone new, not Shawn 2.0.

If I want Shawn Michaels, Ill watch his DVD, read his book and re-watch my archive of old RAW episodes.

Just My Opinion.

Just so I actually answer the question, I suppose Ziggler is similar, but really there is no one on the roster in that calibre right now.

Dolph ZIggler for sure, He's the show off like HBK is the Show stopper and ziggler utilizes the super kick every now on then though mostly in house shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back