• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shawn Michaels Attire

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey everyone, so i'm getting ready to begin my journey of becoming a pro wrestler and i couldn't be more excited. One of the things I really want is attire similar to Shawn Michaels' in his final Wrestlemania matches. They look like leather and are lose from the bottom. They aren't "tights"

Does anyone know where I can get something similar to that or what those types of pants are called?

And since this IS a forum I'd like to know

What are your favorite types of attires you see in the ring?

Do you like the generic look of a Randy Orton? Black elbow pads, trunks, wrist tape, knee pads and boots

Something more tuned in with the character like Dean Ambrose? White beater and jeans?

Completely different styles of attire like a Stardust?

Me personally, as you can tell by what i'm asking, my favorite is Something pretty standard like what HBK wore. Write tape, pants, boots.

Near the end of his tenure Michaels had custom made leather, or something similar, pants fashioned to mimic his chaps look. It seems any seamstress/seamster would be able to handle such a task. There are numerous professionals which specialize in wrestling related items.

Where are you at in your “journey of becoming a professional wrestler?” Have you completed training? Have you blueprinted a character, with your trainer/promoters approval? These are items I would worry myself with first before anything else.

He had his wrestling tights to be designed as chaps. Like he used to wear in his entrance attire or you see some motorcycle riders wear.

I like attire that fits the wrestler.

For Jericho I prefer tights over trunks but in an interview he said he wore trunks as a heel in that run to make people annoyed. He was wearing them in the locker room to see what they looked like on him and Vince walked by and told him to cover up his chicken legs, so he thought if he got a reaction out of Vince he would get one out of the fans. I hate the trunks.

Someone like Steve Austin or Randy Orton though really couldn't pull off the tights look I don't think.

Some wrestlers like Justin Credible or Lance Storm could pull off more than one attire. Justin Credible could wear the jean shorts with elbow pads and knee pads but also looked okay in the long tights, Lance Storm could wear the tights or the trunks and was fine.

It's really just dependent on wrestler. And attire can do so much in terms of what I think about a wrestler before I see them perform.

Goldust for example wouldn't have been the same if he hadn't worn the bodysuit. If he had debuted in trunks, the gimmick would have probably flopped.

2 things:
1) Your attire should add to your character
2) Your attire should stand out as much as possible, so people recognise you a mile away and remember that you exist at all.

In american promotions you can easily stand out by having cool face paint or a mask or maybe wrestling in some cool sunglasses.
In Mexico you should find another ways - there already masks and paints everywhere.

If it's your dream to become a professional wrestler then good luck to you. But the one thing you should always do it be yourself, never a carbon copy of someone else. Especially someone like HBK. Even if you looked like him, dressed like him, you would always be in his shadow, and thought of as a imitation. Look at Curtis Axle and Sandow with their recently departed gimmick.

Wear something that stands out from the rest and suits you. Orton gets away with the basics because he has the body for it. Others like Owens cover up because they don't have the body.

Your best bet would be to ask someone already in the industry what would make you original, remembered and not looking like an idiot at the same time. They would have a better idea of what a company like the WWE is looking for, or what they would pass on.

Shawn's were pretty much champs sewn onto pants so he could hide his knee braces. I guess really they were not different than Mysterio's or Taker's American Bad-ass pleather pants, just decorate a little more to look like chaps - both of those have the same loose look to them.

I agree with everyone, find a look that fits you instead of trying to be someone else. With Shawn, that look works because he is a Texas boy so he fits that look because that is his look. They wanted to do a cowboy look for Bret Hart back when he started and he fought against it because even though his is from Calgary, that is not him and he didn't feel it was right. 2 guys but that idea only works for one of them. Figure out who you are as a character and find a look what works with that. And remember,there are always variations you can use - Randy Savage wore a cowboy hat too but his look was very different than HBK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back